2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, 6 invisible), 1,935 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by voxpops
Thanks, James! Now, no introducing the MP7 at this year's Musikmesse... wink

Nope, not yet. Musikmesse will most likely be about other product ranges.
However, there may be something for MP fans later in the year. wink

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Kawai James

Cheers,
James
x

Whoa!! Hang on...do you mean something for MP fans - or something for MP owners? Come on James, reveal just another wee hint....

V
voxpops Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by anotherscott
Could it involve new samples? I guess so, but it doesn't sounds like it from their description.

Yes, but since the marketing department guys can't seem to agree among themselves how much the Numa weighs, I'd very much doubt that they'd get everything right about the internal workings of the thing.

The Numa Piano is actually quite a bit more sophisticated than perhaps we give the designers credit for - it's all the other stuff: non-existent support/communication; sloppy bug-fixing; poor screen-printing; lackadaisical marketing, that lets the side down.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
V
voxpops Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by EssBrace

Cheers,
James
x

Whoa!! Hang on...do you mean something for MP fans - or something for MP owners? Come on James, reveal just another wee hint....

What?! Am i going to have sell the damn thing again?!!! Well, maybe I should be grateful that Kawai's perhaps listening to us all. I've long believed that they could produce THE killer stage piano if they wanted to (and not one that takes a steroidal gorilla or the entire bar staff to set up wink ).

mabraman, 2015
Sorry chaps, no more hints about new products.

However the 'listening to its customers' part is spot on. wink

James
x

I played a gig with FP-4 + NE3 setting, and it's great connection for me, both lightweight smile

As previously posted, you may use MP6 + NE3 combination. Switching may not be problem, using volume on your MP6 and midi switching it may last about 2 seconds. Only disadvantage is that in piano+organ pieces you have another piano timbre (from MP6), but I suspect in those pieces the sound of the band is more powerfull and MP6 sound may even sound better in that setting, and subtle sound effects aren't important. So if you can ignore timbre changing issue, 2 second switching is low price for having top piano, organ and EP sounds plus great action.

Roland FP-4
V
voxpops Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
V
Kiedysktos, that's a pretty good combination. Before I sold my Electro 3, I did a few shows with the FP-4 and NE3, but never used MIDI to drive the NE3's pianos. If I can avoid using MIDI for anything other than a synth module, I will, as I'd prefer to have no external connections for my main sounds. Even two seconds is too long for many of my switches between piano and organ.

mabraman, 2015
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
James, perhaps there is the long awaited ES7 coming?? smile With the RH action couple with PHI sound technology and its built in speakers? That'd be a killer little DP.

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire
Indeed it would. wink

James
x

K
K
Originally Posted by ZacharyForbes
James, perhaps there is the long awaited ES7 coming?? smile With the RH action couple with PHI sound technology and its built in speakers? That'd be a killer little DP.

That's the one I'm waiting for!

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by KHen
Originally Posted by ZacharyForbes

That's the one I'm waiting for!

It would seem your wait may soon be over....

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
The sound of an MP10 in a much more portable box, with speakers, would be great... though I doubt they will make anything light enough for me!

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Yeah, I've never seen a really portable wood-action Kawai. I wonder to what degree such a thing would even be possible.

V
V
Originally Posted by EssBrace
ps. Congrats vox...again! wink

Thanks, James! Now, no introducing the MP7 at this year's Musikmesse... wink

Or the MP11! (I wouldn't even forgive MP10ii either).

It's going to get a little confusing after the MP7.
Marketing dept will need to meet to sort that one out over a long lunch.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Don't feel too bad I've been guilty of letting things go when I shouldn't have and having to re buy them. My CP-80M comes to mind immediately and it was only in the last 12 months I got another decent one.

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
F
F
the FP-7F is fine for me as a home piano, and I have no intention of getting rid of it

Hello, Voxpops. I have been reading this thread with interest as the MP6 is one piano we are considering in our search for a good home piano that has lots of the digital features (extra voices, etc) typically found in a stage- type piano. We are also considering the Roland Fp-7f. Since you have(had)both, how would you compare the two for home use? How would you compare the actions, especially for a young teen who is still taking lessons and needs a good action for practice, but also wants to have fun getting creative with all the different voices, layers, etc. Thanks!

V
voxpops Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by Fun2Learn
the FP-7F is fine for me as a home piano, and I have no intention of getting rid of it

Hello, Voxpops. I have been reading this thread with interest as the MP6 is one piano we are considering in our search for a good home piano that has lots of the digital features (extra voices, etc) typically found in a stage- type piano. We are also considering the Roland Fp-7f. Since you have(had)both, how would you compare the two for home use? How would you compare the actions, especially for a young teen who is still taking lessons and needs a good action for practice, but also wants to have fun getting creative with all the different voices, layers, etc. Thanks!

Both the Roland and Kawai pianos have very good actions that will work well for serious practice. The Roland, with its three sensors, is perhaps capable of faster repetition, which will be useful for advanced study, but the Kawai action feels great.

The extras on each of these pianos are quite different. The Kawai, being a stage piano, is designed to make it easy to control other external devices and give easy access to the hundreds of built-in sounds. The Roland has a vocal harmonizer and quite sophisticated accompaniment features (neither of which I use). Both can layer sounds effectively, although the Kawai can layer and control four sounds with ease.

Personally, I would select the FP-7F for home use and learning. It has a great player/sound connection - very expressive and controllable. That said, my previous MP6 was sold to a couple with a young daughter who believed it would be a great instrument for the family to learn on. Personal preference, as always, plays the biggest part in such decisions.

If you can wait, there may be a new Kawai ES7 available later this year, which will be a direct competitor to the FP-7F and will have internal speakers.

mabraman, 2015
V
voxpops Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by Dr Popper
Don't feel too bad I've been guilty of letting things go when I shouldn't have and having to re buy them. My CP-80M comes to mind immediately and it was only in the last 12 months I got another decent one.

That was such a great instrument, Doc. I still don't think any of the CP-70/80 emulations really do it justice.

mabraman, 2015
Originally Posted by Dr Popper

That was such a great instrument, Doc. I still don't think any of the CP-70/80 emulations really do it justice.

The CP1 is supposed to be pretty damn close though...

James
x

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
It is close but like anything it ain't the same ...me want same thing not close thing wink
It's like CS-80 and Jupiter 8 software emulations ... it's close but ... NO REAL KNOBS !!!!!
Me wants losta knobs wink

Last edited by Dr Popper; 02/01/12 02:20 AM.

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission