Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1829005 - 01/21/12 12:17 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: TrapperJohn]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Originally Posted By: TrapperJohn
Originally Posted By: Peyton

... coffee is the Franz Liszt of piano drinks. It gives you the power, the drive, the stamina to pull,to pry that yelling and screaming, that cringing, hiding secret melody out into the light of ever exposing day.

My theory is that there are tunes and melodies lying trapped out there just waiting to be released and exposed to the world. Would tea have released this piece?? I think not!

No my friend... no tea for me.

But, you must know that tea was the favored drink of the genius Mozart (at least in the morning), a habit he picked up from his early years touring as a child prodigy in England (with his pushy, fortune hunting father) - and look at what it did for him! Please note that it is beyond question that nobody ever created music more spontaneously or rapidly or magnificently than Wolfgang - and we may safely assume to a large degree due to his consumption of this magical elixir.

Handel and Haydn spent much time also in England and imbibed large quantities of the same composition-inspring, ultra healthful, manly beverage. Need I say more?

I believe we may well profit from their brilliant and undeniable examples!

Trap

Spot of tea anyone? smile

Ahh, but it's a well known fact that Beethoven had his own personal turkish manservant that made the music master an hourly cup of strong brew in order to fuel his constant musical stream. And Franz Listz had a special piano made with a steam powered expresso nozzle that only worked when the master of chaos hit a very low b/c combination trill. Prokoviev had a special russian black coffee brew named after him, Schubert practically died from a exceptionally wild coffee binge and even Chopin, the master of piano masters, on his death bed lamented his stomachs inability to handle coffee declaring that "Had I only the ability to imbibe that manly brew I would have tripled my musical output and probably lived to be one hundred.!"

How about that for brilliant examples!!!

An injection of turkish coffee anyone? smile

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1829085 - 01/21/12 02:21 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
cscl Offline

Loc: Suburban Boston
I'm looking forward to it. I managed to miss the last one, which was just as well, since my piece was already covered. For this one, I've got a live recital recording of Bach's C major prelude from the Well-Tempered Clavier from December which I will follow up with my newly finished Invention No. 6.

#1832230 - 01/26/12 10:58 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Bump. Now we are less than a week away from when submissions open.

Sam

Edited by Sam S (01/26/12 10:59 AM)

#1832277 - 01/26/12 12:07 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Augustina Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I'm actually ready this time!^_^.... I think:0

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530

#1832295 - 01/26/12 12:43 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
[cue ominous music] Er.... is there a computer expert in the house? help

As y'all know, we moved the recital files to the PW servers because we had outgrown LaValse's old servers. There has been lots of work behind the scenes to get mahlzeit's program up and running on the new server, but Frank told me there are still some kinks that need to be worked out. One of our loyal PW members, sailwave, has been helping on a volunteer basis to try to get it all sorted out, but Frank thought that he might appreciate some help from somebody else given the time crunch.

So if we have a savvy programming person on board who has time in the next couple of days to help sailwave out, let me know and I'll PM you with details about hooking up with him and/or the guy who runs Frank's servers.

#1832325 - 01/26/12 01:23 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Monica K. Offline

We have a volunteer already, Sam S., who has worked with mahlzeit's program in the past and is familiar with it. (Yay, Sam!) I'll keep y'all posted on how things are going. It is possible we may have to delay the opening of the recital for submissions a few days until things get straightened out, but I think--barring any unforeseen crisis--we should be good to go for the usual Feb. 15th unveiling.

#1833137 - 01/27/12 06:59 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Monica K. Offline

Phew! I am sure y'all will be as relieved as I am to hear that, thanks to hours of unceasing programming toil on the part of LaValse and Sam, we're all set to open the recital as scheduled on February 1. thumb

So, no excuses, everybody: Press that Red Dot and get those recordings ready to submit. yippie

#1833152 - 01/27/12 07:17 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Nice going y'all.

#1833160 - 01/27/12 07:23 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Mr Super-Hunky Online   content
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Hooray for everyones efforts. Monica, Sam, and LaValse.

The Karma from your good deeds and efforts will observed shortly in the form of an excellent recital performance along with an unusual lack of recording problems, stress, or flubs.

Unfortunately, the rest of us will probably suffer but that's because our nerves are not shot....yet!

After the hours of work you guys put in, you all get a recording stress immunity pass. (one per good deed only). You deserve it.

#1833182 - 01/27/12 07:45 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Good work guys - Thanks thumb

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#1833269 - 01/27/12 10:19 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Monica K. Offline

Well, I didn't do anything except send increasingly nervous PMs to the extent of "Is it fixed yet????" laugh LaValse and Sam did all the work, with the help of Frank and the guy who runs the PW servers. There's still a couple of things we need to work out, but the submission part is functional and will be up and going on the 1st.

#1833323 - 01/27/12 11:58 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Monica K.]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Monica K.
Phew! I am sure y'all will be as relieved as I am to hear that, thanks to hours of unceasing programming toil on the part of LaValse and Sam, we're all set to open the recital as scheduled on February 1. thumb

tiki Darn it! I was hoping for some "unscheduled maintenance" to delay to opening! smokin

(nice work ABF team!)

#1833551 - 01/28/12 11:19 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Arg....ready to record and no batteries for running the red dot!!!!
sigh.

#1833859 - 01/28/12 07:41 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Fernando Almeida Offline

Loc: Brazil
We can submit from 1st February til what date? It'd help me for sure have a few days to make the best possible recording wink

Beethoven - Sonata No. 8, op. 13, "Pathétique"
Chopin - Waltz No. 1, op. 18

#1833868 - 01/28/12 08:00 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Fernando Almeida]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Fernando Almeida
We can submit from 1st February til what date? It'd help me for sure have a few days to make the best possible recording wink

Sometime on the 15th. The recital submission page has a countdown timer that you can watch as it ticks down.

Sam

#1833889 - 01/28/12 08:51 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Monica K. Offline

Actually, the deadline is 9:00 pm on the 14th. grin And it's FIRM. smokin

#1833900 - 01/28/12 09:40 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
4000 Post Club Member

haha, I have this vision of Monica standing with paddle in hand next to a clock that reads 9:01 ready to take on all comers!

she means business.

And Bens still trying to work the snow day excuse. Too funny.

#1833953 - 01/29/12 12:25 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: mr_super-hunky
haha, I have this vision of Monica standing with paddle in hand next to a clock that reads 9:01 ready to take on all comers!

Just a paddle? I always thought of the "Protector of the ABF Recital Entry Timeline" to be a little more aggressive, like an American Gladiator ready to swat any untimely entrants with an over sized q-tip:

Quote:
And Bens still trying to work the snow day excuse. Too funny.

grin Unfortunately the voluntary ABF IT staff is just too darn good! wink

#1835655 - 01/31/12 10:54 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Monica K. Offline

What an uncanny resemblance! Except, of course, I am a lot bustier. laugh

Recital opens sometime late tonight/bright and early tomorrow morning!

#1835659 - 01/31/12 11:02 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

You can do some serious pedaling with those legs...

#1835781 - 01/31/12 03:28 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
BrokenChord Offline

Loc: Michigan
Im excited to try out my Cellphone's recording capabilities. Hopefully we all done end up doing some of the same pieces! Im so exited to share what Im doing!

#1835824 - 01/31/12 05:08 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Monica K.]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA

I would think that that might have been somewhat of a problem back when you were playing the accordion smile

Trap

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#1835923 - 01/31/12 07:01 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Monica K. Offline

*ahem* *ahem*

The PW member who thought he/she would be tricky (and you know who you are) and submit his/her recording before the official opening of the recital is out of luck. That recital you uploaded to was a test recital I was running to make sure the software was working properly. You will need to re-upload your piece once the real recital officially opens. [Monica K. looks stern and waves her gleaming silver oversized Q-tip around.]

Y'all will know when the recital is ready for submissions because I'll start a new thread telling you so.

#1835929 - 01/31/12 07:11 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Monica K.]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

*ahem* *ahem*

The PW member who thought he/she would be tricky (and you know who you are) and submit his/her recording before the official opening of the recital is out of luck. That recital you uploaded to was a test recital I was running to make sure the software was working properly. You will need to re-upload your piece once the real recital officially opens. [Monica K. looks stern and waves her gleaming silver oversized Q-tip around.]

Y'all will know when the recital is ready for submissions because I'll start a new thread telling you so.

Wow... my curiosity is piqued!! How would anyone even know how to find the test recital? Man, with legs like hers and that giant q-tip I would NOT want to upset Monica!!!

#1836008 - 01/31/12 09:21 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
Me thinks I am ready... thumb

#1836026 - 01/31/12 09:39 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
FarmGirl Online   content

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I am so not ready.. just realized that the recital is in... a couple of weeks. Gee. The only piece I may be able to play through right now is Rachmaninoff piece that I really need 6 fingers in each of my hands to play. It will be really amusing to record the video to show my hands but I cannot make that angle.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#1836152 - 02/01/12 01:10 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Monica K.]
4000 Post Club Member

Monica you know you drive me nuts when you talk like that.

More please.

#1836164 - 02/01/12 01:54 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Monica K.]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

[Monica K. looks stern and waves her gleaming silver oversized Q-tip around.]

Don't mess around with The Monica grin

Seriously.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
100 registered (AndrewJCW, ando, Anticlock, aDino, aesop, 32 invisible), 1356 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75581 Members
42 Forums
156275 Topics
2295041 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Impromptu in A
by Ritzycat
07/30/14 12:42 AM
what do you think piano teachers about it?
by Maximillyan
07/30/14 12:15 AM
picking a fight: how many movements in op.110?
by beet31425
07/29/14 11:36 PM
Old Wurlitzer (circa 1940s) baby grand, Worth Picking Up?
by Paul678
07/29/14 10:38 PM
Swamp Cooler and Air Conditioner- Use only One of them!
by Paul678
07/29/14 10:33 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission