Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1846968 - 02/17/12 06:40 PM Editions Musica Ferrum - Music Publishing House
Nikolas Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Europe

After several months of hard work behind the scenes it's my great pleasure to present to you the Editions Musica Ferrum, the Music Publishing House which focuses on contemporary concert hall music.

It is said that contemporary concert hall music is sometimes difficult to approach and remains inaccessible in some ways, not only limited to pricing and the commercial sense. Editions Musica Ferrum addresses those issues by funding interesting composers and publishing fascinating and accessible works; works that are beautiful, handsome scores that are worth owning, (with approachable prices) and materials that are readily available online or in music stores.

Founded in Greece by award winning composer and performer Nikolas Sideris, EMF has a deep understanding of the needs and rights of the composer as well as the demands of performers in terms of score quality and clarity. Drawing on decades of experience in score development and preparation, all the elements of production, from physical elements such as paper selection and binding to visual elements such as layout and spacing, have been taken into account to be sure that every score that reaches our customers is of the highest order. Previews of each score are available on our website, and where available excerpts of recordings are also available, along with videos of the whole scores of selected works.

Editions Musica Ferrum hopes to reach out to every performer, teacher, student, conductor, producer, composer and other music lover to help them to discover this treasury of new concert hall works.We are open to any questions, comments, or feedback you may have, and we strive to be always available to our customers and interested parties.

Composers we represent include:

Subscribe to our Youtube channel, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.

But most importantly visit our website to listen to excerpts of recordings, watch videos, contact us, read biographies, see previews of the scores and buy the scores we publish.

Discover new and exciting contemporary classical scores!As our banner in the pianist corner says...

Edited by Nikolas (02/17/12 11:59 PM)

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1847008 - 02/17/12 08:13 PM Re: Editions Musica Ferrum - Music Publishing House [Re: Nikolas]
AldenH Offline

Loc: Texas
Yay!

#1847037 - 02/17/12 10:01 PM Re: Editions Musica Ferrum - Music Publishing House [Re: Nikolas]
beet31425 Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Congratulations on this, Nikolas. It looks awesome. I wish you great success.

I'll check out the youtube channel!

-Jason

#1847097 - 02/18/12 12:58 AM Re: Editions Musica Ferrum - Music Publishing House [Re: Nikolas]
Cinnamonbear Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Rockford, IL
Yay, indeed, Nikolas!

Best wishes going forward!

--Andy

#1847616 - 02/19/12 02:11 AM Re: Editions Musica Ferrum - Music Publishing House [Re: Nikolas]
Nikolas Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Thank you guys.

Andy, I trully appreciate all the info you've given me! I'll put it to good use, once I find the time!

#1847768 - 02/19/12 11:03 AM Re: Editions Musica Ferrum - Music Publishing House [Re: Nikolas]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
I love the format of the site, by the way. Looks clean and professional, and information and samples are easy to find. The YouTube component is brilliant - a great way to show what everything looks and sounds like. More publishers should do this!
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#1848191 - 02/19/12 11:44 PM Re: Editions Musica Ferrum - Music Publishing House [Re: Nikolas]
Nikolas Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Oh... Missed that.

Thank you Jason.

We tried very hard to create a smooth process for the (potential) customer. And since it is about contemporary music we had to make sure the (potential) customer knows what he's getting...

It's not easy and I do realize that other publishers strive away from this kind of thing, but still I, personally, find it crucial to give the recordings to the public (as much as possible of course).

Again thanks

#1974505 - 10/17/12 11:30 AM Re: Editions Musica Ferrum - Music Publishing House [Re: Nikolas]
Nikolas Offline
5000 Post Club Member

17th of October 2012

It is with great pleasure that a bring you a major update, through this bump!

With our continuous effort to promote contemporary classical music, and to bring interesting and approachable scores to the general public, we have four more composers in our rosters now!

Paul Poston
Andrew Sigler
Matthew Ch. Weiss
and
Scott Aaron Miller, our very own ScottM, here in PianoWorld.

Our Youtube channel is getting richer and more videos will be added in the next few months.
Twitter is also giving out updates and news feeds
and, of cours, Facebook is also another way you can keep in touch.

Other news include:

• Our North American Warehouse is operational! Now, anyone in the US can order from our website and get the scores they want in a few days time, and with lower dispatch rates.
  • More recordings of older and newer works (live and with a [follow the score] feature will soon be published.
  • We hope to take part in a festival of contemporary classical music in Dalas, TX in mid 2013.

And for the not so near future:

• We're hoping to be able and offer our scores through well known online vendors such as sheetmusicplus and amazon.
  • And we're also looking into making digital scores available at lower rates, for the amazon kindle, ipad, and other tablets (especially for study scores, as we feel the current small-er sized tablets are not reliable enough for piano performance yet)

A photo of all the new scores

Nikolas

For those wondering, yes there are scores of mine coming live this month, but it may take another couple of weeks to get them from the print office...

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
151 registered (ajames, anotherscott, 36251, 43 invisible), 1812 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75560 Members
42 Forums
156225 Topics
2294380 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What do you think made you passionate about music/pianos?
by Spuds
39 minutes 56 seconds ago
Tune lab question
by RonTuner
52 minutes 30 seconds ago
What IS this song? (And yes, I mean "song"!)
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 09:35 AM
Kawai Cp200 repair needed
by Walks
Today at 08:52 AM
BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M
by Karl Watson
Today at 08:11 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission