2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,131 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Well, it took me a while, but I finally got around to doing it smile

I wonder how long it will last......(and I haven't played yet, so I have no idea how distracting it will be!!!)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
i found that covering the nails and polish, with sparkle polish (not so good looking - I look like a fairy) enables the polish to last forEVER,

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
Wow, nice looking fingernails, ladies!!! Such pretty hands too!

Wana see my biceps? Never mind... I got into trouble for that over on the Piano Forum! laugh

Take care!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Apple, I don't have sparkle polish, but I have found that a layer of clear on top of the colour helps. Also, putting a layer of clear on first helps keep the whites of the nails from staining - however, now, with my pianist-short fingernails that is no longer a concern.

I played last night and didn't even notice the polish. zero distraction smile smile

Thanks Ricky .....and hey, I caught that pic .... nice biceps.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Those colours are so "last year" now.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Rostosky
OK OK OK.
This was taken before I had my tattoo, and yes, its a wig before you ask. [Linked Image]

I posted a pic like that once...I got banned from the PW forums for a month for "Posting Nudity", the upload was intercepted, it never actually got posted. Anyway, what's wrong with early beginners painting the fingering numbers on their nails, i.e. RH Thumb = 1 and so on?
-

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
That picture of my sister with her new red piano, is very very far from nudity.

In fact the Daily Express ( which is the benchmark in the UK) has printed more risk-ay.
Absolutely nothing wrong with anyone painting there nails,especially as you suggest with numbers, I totally agree.

Incidently, the red piano was cross threaded with another thread, and has to be seen in context with that one.

In the picture, nothing can be seen at all of the human body that could give offence, you actually see more of most builders bums in the street when they are working. It is tastefully artistic.

I cant imagine what you may have tried to post, but i hope it wasnt some of my sisters more saucy pics.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Really? Your sister?....Hmmmm and she just *happened* to send you that picture, revealing her tush. Very interesting.....

I *hate* nail polish in general- makes my nails feel "heavy". Seriously.

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
You know, I suspect this got revived from over a year ago because it was linked to from a thread in the pianists corner. I think the ABF does a pretty good job of deciding for itself when threads are relevant and when they're not, and are pretty respectful. I'd hate to see this one turn into a silly, or mocking, or disrespectful thread. The ABF at the time responded in the way the ABF thought was appropriate, it didn't get totally out of hand, and it wasn't moderated. There may be people who disagree with that, because generally speaking there's never complete agreement about anything.

But each forum in PW has its own flavor, knows its own members and its own interests, and the ABF is, IMO, the best of them in that sense, and our moderators for the most part leave us to ourselves. So our collective perspective on this thread was that it was fine.

I, for one, would really like to keep it that way.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Indeed Cathy, I actually was reminded about this thread from last year, and it was Mrs R that pointed out to me that any nail varnish colours discussed last year would now be very much out of date.
Apparently, it's a "girl thing" like not wearing the same dress at a party as someone else.
Or being seen in public in the same pair of shoes on more than one occasion, specially important to minor celebrities.

I have absolutely no problem with abiding by the moderators decisions,whether I agree with them or not is irrelevent, they have the final say , and thats how it should be.

You are reading way too much into any connection.

Like I said PPP put up a link, I followed it, and remembered the humour here, which I hadnt thought about in ages.

And then was informed that last years colours of nail varnish are innapropriate for this year.
Simples.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Rostosky
That picture of my sister with her new red piano, is very very far from nudity.

In fact the Daily Express ( which is the benchmark in the UK) has printed more risk-ay.
Absolutely nothing wrong with anyone painting there nails,especially as you suggest with numbers, I totally agree.

Incidently, the red piano was cross threaded with another thread, and has to be seen in context with that one.

In the picture, nothing can be seen at all of the human body that could give offence, you actually see more of most builders bums in the street when they are working. It is tastefully artistic.

I cant imagine what you may have tried to post, but i hope it wasnt some of my sisters more saucy pics.

IMO the picture I tried to upload was no more risque than the one posted in this thread, mine was the one used a couple years back in publicity for the "Calender Girls" stage show here in the UK, most of the ladies were discretely hidden behind a piano, the lady pianist was showing no more than the lady in the present example. It may have been the caption I posted alongside it, "My kind of piano teacher", which caused offence.
-

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Rather than continue this year old, off topic thread with a discussion of whether a picture is or isn't too risqué for the forum and perhaps tempting others to push the envelope of what's acceptable, I'll just close it now.

Greg
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission