2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (Colin Miles, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, 9 invisible), 2,084 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Jazzwee: nice work on the waltz. I've got so much respect for folks like you who can play that kind of jazz. I can do more traditional, structured jazz, but what you're doing is way out my league. It sounds great though-- good job!

1995 Baldwin L grand
2001 Baldwin Hamilton upright
Yamaha S90 synthesizer
www.larrylarsonpiano.com
YouTubeChannel www.youtube.com/LarryLarsonPiano
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Lady Payne Sounding really good Lady Payne! And you're bringing out nice tone from the piano. Nice choice of a piece. Lovely.

Inlanding Very dreamy Glen. Lovely new age sound there. And you know I always love hearing your touch on the piano.

BillM You know I'm a jazz guy now but wasn't always. So when you played this, it reminded me what I was doing in 1978, listening to this album. You always evoke memories Bill (shows my age). Great work!

Amaruk Very nice Amaruk! I'm glad you've gotten the confidence to post your music.

Elssa Fabulous! One of my favorite concertos. Of course I was looking for more since it was just a snippet.

Augustina Nice job Augustina! You and your sister are just getting better and better.

Beechcraft409 Nice playing Beechcraft. I was amazed at the shifting camera angles. Very high tech of you smile

Larry Larson Well that was a surprise smile That really put a smile on my face. Cool!

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

Teodor #1863187 03/16/12 03:43 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Teodor,

Very nice. Good balance between the hands and a very nice, smooth ending. Good work. Hope school is going well.

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Before everyone in the Bar gets a little tipsy on green beer I'd like to play a tune in honor of St. Patrick's Day.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Elssa: Amazing performance. How can you play with your hands like that???

Augustina: A very beautiful piece! I never heard about that composer before. Great performance.

Beechcraft: That was simply fantastic! I also liked your use of two cameras. How did you attach the camera in the ceiling?

Joe: What a great reording! Thanks for sharing!!

Inlanding: That was amazing. Are you a pro?

LadyChen: Great songs and very nice performed!! I think I prefer the second arrangement. Both were great though.

Saucer: That is a nice piece. What is it? You performed it great!

John: Amazing! How fun it must be to be able to add intros like that!!

Poly: That was nice performances. Your second piece was outstanding! Great job!!

Teodor: Lovely!! How can you even see to play in a room that dark??

Bill: Another of you masterpieces!! Thanks for sharing with us here!! Cheers! smile

My piano channel on YouTube: Link
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I got inspired by all great submissions this month. Here is what I have been working on lately; Lee Galloway's Canon Fantasy which is a variation on Pachelsbel's Canon in D.

I created an AP and a DP version of it in case some of you have a preferences as to what you prefer. I am sorry for the mistakes here and there but I am still working on this piece. smile

Canon Fantasy on my AP:
[video:youtube]It6csohlxE0[/video]

Canon Fantasy on my DP:
[video:youtube]RVfh_fCfklI[/video]

Last edited by Amaruk; 03/17/12 05:05 PM.

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
I've been struggling with this but can't get it much better than this at my present skill level.

Apologies for the low camera angle but I don't yet have a set up I can just 'turn to' (yet). If I'm like others I want to see how people are playing.

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Bill – I only wish I could fill like that
Teodor – you inspire me
Polyphysicist - your hands look so relaxed playing op 100. I also enjoyed the piece
Elssa - you pick good tunes which suit your style
Jazztpt –very moody
inlanding – small minor, very bluesy and I think also Gershwin inspired (or that era)
amaruk - again you have me listening and enjoying classical

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
M
M
Hey, Teodor. To Zanarkand is from the Final Fantasy X Piano Collections. wink

I love sight-reading! One day I will master it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Acrozius?feature=mhee
Amaruk #1864016 03/18/12 07:28 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Amaruk

Teodor: Lovely!! How can you even see to play in a room that dark??

When I play easier pieces such as this one, I don't need to watch the hands so much, also the room only appears that dark on the camera, I don't think it was impossible to see, it was just dark enough to set the mood. smile

Thanks for all the comments.

I have an exam in sight-reading and transposition coming up soon, I need to stop playing what I like and do more practice.

Last edited by Teodor; 03/18/12 07:29 AM.

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
KaptenKawai: What a performance! I thought I was listening to the radio... it was that good! Can't believe you haven't played piano that long. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to more from you on here!!

I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
jazzwee~ Very nice Footprints! It's an interesting piece of music and the idea you played it so well by sight-reading the score, then improvising on the fly is simply fantastic. That's no easy task, further magnified by the fact you had to bring up the rear after everyone had been put through the ringer. I never looked at this piece as a waltz since it's in 6/4. The waltz intention really changes it's face. Great work. Must have been fantastic learning from Bill Cunliffe.

Glen

[size:8pt][color:#3333FF]Small Minor[/color][/size]
[size:8pt][color:#3333FF]Man I Love[/color][/size]
[size:8pt][color:#3333FF]April8-004[/color][/size]

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
A good way to start the day. Been a busy week and glad I started by catching up on some fine music.

Elssa~ Windmills of Your Mind is one of my favorite Michel Legrand pieces.

Larry~ I really enjoyed the second version of Blue Smoke. Great melody you bring out in the bass. Love the theme of this piece! Very cool all this has stayed with you while you've been doing other things only to come back to it with such confidence!

Saucermancer~ very sweet tune you brought to the bar this month. Look forward to more.

Ladypayne~ good rendition of Heart and Soul

LBE~ That was some fine accordion playing there! Your left hand is fantastic. What fun to be able to create music like that!

LadyChen~ thank you for the hymns. You play very well and welcome to the Piano Bar.

Trap~ so glad you are playing again! Love your intro to Schubert's b-min waltz. You really expressed it well. You bring out the melody very sensitively.

ppp~ never heard of Bertini - very sweet piece of music, delicately played. Love the modern sound of Bartok. Good job!

Teo~ Final Fantasy was nicely done. Good to see you playing.

Bill~ Danny Boy was wonderful! I am amazed by the fact you can accompany yourself so well while singing. Very good rendition.

Amaruk~ Good work on Pachelbel's Canon. My preference is for the slower version. Its a beautiful piece of music. Seems like you relaxed a bit when you went to the slower version.

CK~ Hasten Down the Wind was great! You've got some seriously good skills being able to sing and accompany yourself so well. It's incredible you play like that, especially considering you've not been at the keyboard that long. Great musicianship, indeed.

[size:8pt][color:#3333FF]Small Minor[/color][/size]
[size:8pt][color:#3333FF]Man I Love[/color][/size]
[size:8pt][color:#3333FF]April8-004[/color][/size]

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I haven't participated in the piano bar lately, but I have been peeping in and listening to some of the great presentations! Great stuff! smile

I've been working on a new blues tune entitled "I thought you loved my baby"; I finally got it together enough for a rough recording... it ain't all that good, but it is original. laugh

"I thought you loved me baby"

I made a few errors, but nothing too bad... you all can judge for yourselves. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Teodor #1864469 03/19/12 12:56 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks, all, for your kind comments. =^o^=

Teodor: I really enjoyed your Final Fantasy.. Now that's the type of music I could listen to all day. Very well done. thumb

Bill: Wonderful playing and singing as always with Danny Boy - just beautiful. smile

Amaruk: Canon in D was lovely - great flow - enjoyed both versions. smile

Rick: That was loads of fun - someday would love a video of how you do that. grin

Well, one more film theme here.. EXODUS. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by Elssa; 03/19/12 12:59 AM.
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
A belated Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I was working on a two-song holiday medley, but I realized yesterday when I couldn't finish it in time that my only hope of salvaging all my work was to do one at a time. Here is the first song. Hope to have the other done by tomorrow night.

I've enjoyed everyone's contributions and listened to many twice on breaks from working on my pieces. I wanted to get this posted before the holiday weekend ended, but I will definitely comment on all of your wonderful contributions as soon as I finish the other song I've been working on.

Last edited by Starr Keys; 03/19/12 03:56 AM.
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
Elssa~ Your playing Exodus brought back so many memories. When I first heard it, I just could not get the melody out of my mind. You play this with such feeling = a fabulous rendition - Thank you!

Rick~ I always enjoy your high-energy swinging and boogie blues piano and your timely lyrics. Always puts a smile on my face. Good work.

Starr~ So glad you've been able to play some. That was a fantastic arrangement!! Great left hand work keeping the pulse. Your playing is so much more relaxed. I loved it

Here's a very short, light, bluesy cut from the other night.

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
Amaruk #1864492 03/19/12 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by Amaruk

Saucer: That is a nice piece. What is it? You performed it great!

Hullo! Its a piece by Joe Hisaishi, "Always With Me" or "Itsudemo Nando Demo" in Japanese romanji. smile

Originally Posted by Inlanding

Saucermancer~ very sweet tune you brought to the bar this month. Look forward to more.

Thanks! Will work more on my technique! laugh

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Inlanding

Starr~ So glad you've been able to play some. That was a fantastic arrangement!! Great left hand work keeping the pulse. Your playing is so much more relaxed. I loved it

Thank you so much, Glen. I worked a lot harder on the left hand (as I'm sure was obvious:)) as I tried as much as possible to spare my bad right arm._ The stride and walking bass were all my own embellishments--the original easy piano score used mostly single notes in the bass, mainly the 1 and the 5.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission