2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (bcalvanese, 1957, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 36251, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 9 invisible), 1,396 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 72 of 370 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Brilliant idea Rossy! I changed my diet for your photoshop process.

BTW, I like that song. Good selection.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent,Recaredo, my first customer!! The Idea has gone international allready!!!

I too have always had a very soft spot for Kraftwerk, and also, and much more Tangerine dream, as they were ( and allways have been )Pioneers in electronica...

Its odd, why are the best groups and workers in this genre German?
They are just so adept at it.. When I have got stuck in my music programms, I look for a certain German dude on youtube who is just excellent at what he does and also and more importantly, he explains with such clarity and precision....

I think a trip to Germany to meet up with some electronica wizzes, would do me a lot of good...Hmmmm.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Genuis, bye bye lazy eye!

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Hey Wayne, have you heard the Tony Bennett/Gaga duet yet? It's rather good.

Here's something a little different. "Ghost to a Ghost" off of Hank Williams III's new album. This song features Tom Waits and Les Claypool.

Last edited by AimeeO; 09/17/11 04:51 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
AimeeO, no I haven't, youtubed it though, and will listen soon, us listening to some cool reggae at the mo, my other half is a great DJ!

I'm just preparing supper, simple spagetti bolog' tonight, (with garlic bread for the other half, I'm having garlic baggette)

Rossy must be busy printing out body parts and Griffin bogged down with the work load, it's bin quiet around here lately!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
[Linked Image]

Hope this helps Rossy

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Afternoon Everyone! Wayne, you were quite correct. I have been bogged down with the work load. The first week back from vacation is like that!

Aimee, I had not heard Hank Williams II before this. I liked it. Great posts everyone.

Rossy, I've finally had a chance and listen quietly to your "Sweet Jane" posts. I liked the, but would agree that Mott and Hoople is the better of the two. Aimee, I also am as puzzled as you as to how anyone could mistake Lou Reed's voice for Bob Dylan!

Rossy, it is interesting that Mott & Hoople is what started our first conversation on this thread back in July. I had never heard of them until you did those posts, and I started asking questions. That's what drew me into this wonderful thread!

Now, I should also say, that while I think they have the better Sweet Jane version, I would not have wanted to hear this Thursday morning. Why! I wanted to hear the voice of Margo Timmons when I woke up. Mott & Hoople simply wouldn't have done it for me.

The good news is now I have several versions to choose from based on what mood I'm in at the time! Tonight I'll probably be in a mood to hear Mott & Hoople again. grin

I won't have much time to post today. Right now, I'm listening to Leonard Cohen's "Tower of Song." Have a listen with me!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Don't work too hard Griffin, I'm off, watchin' a few Ab Fabs, got some Munchies, fizzy cola bottles, and refresher bars, maybe no good for the teeth, but hey, can always print some more, lol!

Night everyone smile

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Good night Wayne! I'm winding down a bit already. Dinner is a simple spaghetti and salad. In the meantime, I'm going to listen to the sweet loving voice of Anita Baker. Here is "Sweet Love."

(Yeah, I know it's very different than Leonard Cohen!) wink

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It is saturday night: Let us Party!

(P.S. I am just going to keep posting Christopher Walken vids until I run out - your welcome grin )

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent fun, PPP, what is it with Christopher ? I dont get it.. He is a good actor, and must have made a good living from that, why cant he just be content?
It reminds me a bit of ronald reagan, oh no, hang on, he wasnt a good actor, he was a good president instead, oh no, hang on, that was Marilyn Monroe singing happy birthday mr president, no hang on, I,ll get it in a min, she was an actress who couldnt sing, no, hang on another sec, that was Marlena dietrich, no thats not right, she was a singer who couldnt act, no that's wrong all over, that was madonna, or was it mick jagger? NO, I got it, that was David bowie in the man who fell to earth, just before he tried to prove he couldnt sing to all the folk who knew he could , by releasing the song "laughing gnome"

Finally, got there in the end! So in conclusion,, in Christophers defence, Historically speaking , he is not the first person to publically try and prove he can't sing, as this song by david Bowie proves.

This is not an isolated attempt by a single individual, Paul macartney (Go away Heather you greedy girl, I loved Linda bestest anyways) also tried to make people believe he had lost the plot and temporarilly gave up singing when he released the Frog chorus, which I will dig out should Christopher show himself again....
Obliged, I am.lol. In my defence, it is highly likely that you will run out of christopher w "singing" vids, before I run out of uncomplementary things to say about his traumatic vocal style.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I don't know why he can't be content, but I thank Zeus he isn't! You are right though, there is, regrettably, only a finite amount of Christopher Walken dancing and singing videos out there. So we must savour what we are fourtunate enough to have. Here is one more to close out the night.

The Frog chorus awaits.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Okay , I lied about the frog chorus, it just is to cruel to post it here , in case anyone should play and hear it. There is another Paul macartney song where he is so angry at Heathers demands for his stash of money, that he actually uses her wooden leg banging it on the floor as a percussion instrument to keep the beat in the song.. I will post that instead as it is at least humourous, as opposed to the frog chorus which of course isn't , unless you are aged four, or are called katy price.

I cannot believe that Chriostopher walken would have got anywhere at all with his singing if, if he had not been famous as an actor first, there are a million middle of the road singers, singing in clubs up and down the country every night who sound like that, they are characterised by their "crooning" style and are hideously boring. A working mans club in the UK, especially a labour club is a good place to find them, they will sing "spanish eyes" they will sing "tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree" and they will also sing , at the end of the evening, usually, "save the last walzt for me" ( the last walzt)

They can often be found on cruise ships as well.

here is paul macartney using Lindas leg that he stole off her when he found out she wanted an awfull lot of cash off him, Pauls money is of course more important to him than just about anything including music, as this video clearly demonstrates.....

banging a wooden leg on floorboards makes an awfull racket..

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Right, thats todays fooling around over!! (unless someone goads me into a rant or something funny happens)

So, dudes and dudettes, back to some serious music, and with no disrespect to lady g, beyonce, rihanna, ......But seriously :eat your hearts out girls, because you aint gonna get to be as great as this lady...............

Grace Slick and the remarkable and stunning "garden of man"

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Great stuff, as usual.

Glad you liked Hank, Griffin.. I think he is tons more talented than his father, Hank Jr. He's the spitting image (and sound), of his grandfather, Hank Sr. He sticks with the old classic bluesy-sounding country when he sings it, as opposed to whatever Nashville is calling country today. His shows are quite a mix up. He usually has 3 sets: a classic country set, a hellbilly set, and a metal/punk set. Often you'll see country fans in their 60s-70s show up for the country set, and stick around for the later sets. It's funny - you can just watch the wheels in their heads turning, thinking, "I can't believe I'm listening to this noise, but it's fun!" Or they walk out.

Ok, off to watch football on TV and then go to work! I leave you with Bo Diddley:

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hi Aimee! Thanks for the background on Hank Williams III. I'll listen to the Bo Didley a bit later when I get to the desktop.

In the meantime, here is my first Classical Music Sunday post. Trumpeter Maurice André, performing F.X. Richter's "Concerto in D major' movement 3. The orchestra is the Munchener Kammerorchester under the direction of Hans Stadlmair.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I know this choral selection may have been posted before. However, I don't tire of hearing it. Here is Chanticleer's performance of the Latin chant, "O Magnum Mysterium".

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
I've been neglecting the music of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. That will be rectified. My next post is Mozart's "Alleluja," from Motette "Exsultate, jubilate." Shu Cheen Yu, is the soloist soprano. Michael Charles Clark, conducts Orchestra 1791

Last edited by griffin2417; 09/18/11 03:02 PM.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

That's all I have time for right now. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I don’t get tired of hearing this chant either. I didn’t know that version; thanks Griffin.

Very beautiful posts! Excellent the concert by Richter! Another item for the "wishes list".

Page 72 of 370 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission