Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 148 of 236 < 1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1871340 - 03/31/12 07:04 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Rostosky has just fallen in love with Christi Haydon.

And who is Christi haydon? you may well be asking yourselfs.

well, she is the drummer on this video of the Band "sparks" who I mentioned are still going great guns.

Here is an odd and sad factoid: the original drummer for sparks was "dinky diamond" a shy and gentle dude indeed. He had the "neighbour from heck"
he could not sleep, and he and his wife had complained to the council, and were about to move house, when one day, this drummer could not take the noise anymore and hung himself in the attic, his wife found him.

Here is sparks with number one song in heaven and never turn your back on mother earth, the latter one of my favourites.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1871341 - 03/31/12 07:07 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: polyphasicpianist]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Polyphasicpianist - I'm speechless

#1871345 - 03/31/12 07:17 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Oh this is just so old school feel good factor, again more sparks, and christi haydon, she is just so full of energy... as an aside she was also in star trek the next generation...

When I kiss you.... sparks...

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1871348 - 03/31/12 07:40 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
A happy weekend to everybody. What a joyous selection today!

Wow, Rossy, I almost need a packed lunch to see my neighbours. And they're wonderful people. We don't know how well-off we are, do we? We take it all for granted.

Here's one that I can't get out of my head for days after each hearing.

#1871352 - 03/31/12 08:07 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Excellent Richard, here is Debby with Shirley manson ( lead singer of garbage and as an actress plays Katherine weaver the fembot in the sarah conner chronicles "terminator")

Shirley inducted Debby into the rock n roll hall of fame....

enjoy.... "call me"

#1871354 - 03/31/12 08:10 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

How could I not post no.1 crush by Garbage after that?

well I couldn't, so here it is...

#1871364 - 03/31/12 08:49 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hi!

Fantastic postings from everybody in these last days!

I wanted to post about “fandango”, an ancient Spanish dance. Many composers wrote versions and variations on this popular dance. Probably the most popular is the “fandango” composed by Boccherini for his Quintet in D Major G448.

There are several versions on Youtube, but I’ve chosen this video because the rendition on this “fandango” is fantastic, and shows beautiful images from Goya’s paintings.

I love this music.

My website

#1871368 - 03/31/12 09:15 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Don't take this the wrong way but thanks for posting garbage, Rossy! smile

Is this Shirley again? Love her right foot!

'Fandastic', Recaredo, love the castanets! I was thinking about hanging some off my hat, like an Australian cork hat setup, so I could play them at the piano by shaking my head. Wha'd'ya think? Should I patent the idea? Do you think it would catch on? smile

Here's one of our old openers from my youth!

#1871513 - 03/31/12 03:58 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

<sneaks up>

<looks left>

<looks right>

<sees no-one>

<sticks another nickel in the juke box>

<tip-toes off stage left>

#1871517 - 03/31/12 04:07 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: zrtf90]
cheechako Offline

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Originally Posted By: zrtf90
(Union City Blue)

I actually went to Amazon and bought Blondie Greatest Hits after that post. Parallel Lines was the only thing I still had post-vinyl. Of course, Robert Fripp has a bit to do with that:

#1871519 - 03/31/12 04:11 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: cheechako]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

That's odd! I've just checked my bank statements - I don't see my commission.

#1871520 - 03/31/12 04:11 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: zrtf90]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: zrtf90
<sneaks up>

<looks left>

<looks right>

<sees no-one>

<sticks another nickel in the juke box>

<tip-toes off stage left>

I saw you!
Quite intrigued by this duo performing together...(but I still don't like the "sir")

#1871522 - 03/31/12 04:17 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Bikers arrive , kick the jukebox to make the record jump till the end, and put this on instead... everyone happy.

dont fear the reaper...

#1871534 - 03/31/12 04:44 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
cheechako Offline

Odd jukebox... all I wanted was some Jimi Hendrix.

#1871540 - 03/31/12 04:58 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: cheechako]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
I bought Blondie's Greatest Hits myself just a week or two ago and these guys:

#1871545 - 03/31/12 05:10 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

The cars excellent...... I am off to find my favourite cars tracks... ooh heartbeat city.. oh yes.

sorry, about the jukebox, I just really dont get on with elton john, for a couple of personal reasons.

Live at ,well live aid.... The cars , heart beat city...

#1871551 - 03/31/12 05:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

To the best of my knowledge, no one has posted anything By brian ferry, unless I forgot something from ages ago...

Anyways, the silkiest sexiest song ever for seducing the girlies me thinks? Slave to love of course!
most excellent beat.

#1871680 - 03/31/12 10:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
KeysAngler Offline

Loc: The Fabulous Florida Keys
Anyone else feeling ... mellow?

#1871712 - 03/31/12 11:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
cheechako Offline

Driving around before work this afternoon - I only listen to KNBA on the radio. Undercurrents was on. Greg was playing lots of good music as always, including this - mellow and short:

#1871723 - 03/31/12 11:53 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: cheechako]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#1871730 - 04/01/12 12:05 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: KeysAngler]
rocket88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: KeysAngler
Anyone else feeling ... mellow?

Thank you...the real deal.

#1871731 - 04/01/12 12:07 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
hawgdriver Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Denver, CO
Re: Cap'n K:

#1871761 - 04/01/12 01:27 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Bikers arrive , kick the jukebox to make the record jump till the end, and put this on instead... everyone happy.

dont fear the reaper...

Also on the jukebox in those days was The Animals:

#1871775 - 04/01/12 02:42 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rupak Bhattacharya Offline

Loc: West Bengal, India
Three of my favorite songs from the musical movie "Once" (the first one is an Oscar winner):

#1871798 - 04/01/12 04:52 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

hawkwind from 1972 with the "amazonian" (6ft 2) Stacia.

Silver machine...

#1871812 - 04/01/12 06:17 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Originally Posted By: Rostosky
To the best of my knowledge, no one has posted anything By brian ferry, unless I forgot something from ages ago...

Anyways, the silkiest sexiest song ever for seducing the girlies me thinks? Slave to love of course!
most excellent beat.

Nothing posted that is by Ferry, though a few mentions of 'doesn't it sound rather like Roxy'?

Here's a classic from Roxy Music. Recorded at the BBC for The Old Grey Whistle Test in.... 1972! Both Ferry and Eno doing plenty of knob-twiddling, plus some excellent wind from Andy Mackay.

#1871839 - 04/01/12 08:15 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Eglantine]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
I'll be cooking filet mignon, homemade mashed potatoes, salad + yeast rolls for dinner. Griffin, appropriate music, please?

(not that I didn't enjoy previously posted, esp. the "excellent wind")

#1871857 - 04/01/12 08:55 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: piano joy]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted By: piano joy
I'll be cooking filet mignon, homemade mashed potatoes, salad + yeast rolls for dinner. Griffin, appropriate music, please?

(not that I didn't enjoy previously posted, esp. the "excellent wind")

Such a lovely menu P.J.!! I think there should be some tasteful trumpet music to get things off to a nice start. I recommend this Trumpet Concerto by Michael Haydn. Consider this your first course for dinner music!

#1871858 - 04/01/12 08:57 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Leaving on a Jet Plane? I might be booking a sudden flight to Florida! Mmm, filet mignon!

#1871860 - 04/01/12 09:02 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

My, what a busy night we've been having!

Sorry about the bespectacled knight on the joanna. Notes have been taken!
(That doesn't mean I won't push him on the juke box again, it means I'll post with caution.)

As compensation, or for those with a few spare minutes, or even just looking for something to read while listening, here's some Science on Sunday to entertain.

After the explosion of Rock'n'Roll in the fifties and the rise of the electric guitar and the back beat, all the big names disappeared for various reasons and left a gaping hole.

Buddy Holly was killed, Carl Perkins nearly was, Presley was drafted, Check Berry was jailed, Little Richard found religion, Jerry Lee Lewis had to lie low, and in the UK Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran had one taxi ride too many. Rock 'n' Roll was dying.

Apart from the Big O and Phil Spectre there was very little of musical interest (like the gap between Bach and Mozart). The twelve-bar three-chord-trick was still around but the I-vi-IV-V was all pervasive with it's doo-wop equivalent I-vi-ii-V.

And then, in the northwest corner of England there came a new sound...

Soon the names of individuals at the top of the charts would be replaced by the names of groups, but more importantly, with new music. The Beatles joined pop to Rock'n'Roll and gave us what we now call 'Rock'.

Like Bach and Beethoven before them, they are of their time. Their like never can, and thus never will, be seen again.

After a storming UK hit with She Loves You, making use of a ground-breaking progression, I-vi-iii-V, their characteristic whoops on the dominant and its ending on the major sixth, it is still The Beatles' biggest selling UK single.

And then came the song that brought America to its knees. I Want To Hold Your Hand used the progression from She Loves You and twisted it to I-V-iii-vi. How on earth do you get back to tonic from this? To understand how ground breaking this was, try playing both songs to a standard G-Em-C-D progression and see how bland (and fifties sounding) they become.

For the bridge in I Want... instead of moving to the sub-dominant chord they actually modulated to the sub-dominant key of C and offset the standard I-vi-ii-V into ii-V-I-vi, Dm7-G7-C-Am. They repeated this up to the C and just when you think it's going to fall to Am again, it rises to D major, the dominant of the tonic G!

It's so compelling they repeat it, C-D-C-D, and then linger on the D with a shuffling 6th. This is so exciting they used it for the intro hook. The anticipation of and return to tonic is captivating. (A similar though small example of the Beethoven 7th symphony I posted a few days ago).

And once again The Beatles actually craft a finish instead of relying on a lazy fade-out. True performers!

Magic!

Page 148 of 236 < 1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (alex-kid, 36251, accordeur, 48 invisible), 1538 Guests and 54 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153507 Topics
2249547 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beginner adult book to read AWAY from the piano?
by What?
Today at 07:46 PM
Sharing custom patches for Ravenscroft?
by Tonio
Today at 07:40 PM
Mozart K310 fingering
by Morodiene
Today at 07:11 PM
1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal
by feigede
Today at 05:43 PM
Ruben Schoutrop - Nocturne Op. 55 No. 1 in F Minor
by Ruben1
Today at 05:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission