Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 185 of 238 < 1 2 ... 183 184 185 186 187 ... 237 238 >
Topic Options
#1945318 - 08/19/12 07:06 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: zrtf90]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Originally Posted By: zrtf90

V. busy, must dash! Things to laugh at, people to kill, music to analyse...

Pmsl wink

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1945350 - 08/19/12 08:13 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: griffin2417
Now I've known you long enough to know that trying to convince you that you should like jazz is as unlikely as TJ trying to convince me that Alison Krause should have been on my list of 8 music choices for survival island laugh.

Ha! Grif!

You knew of course that I couldn't resist the challenge...you will inevitably succumb to the irresistible force of rational persuasion...

So, with that in mind here's a "simple gift" for you...

Would you consider taking Alison with you then if Yo Yo came along? laugh

Trap

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#1945378 - 08/19/12 09:16 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: TrapperJohn]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted By: TrapperJohn
Now I've known you long enough to know that trying to convince you that you should like jazz is as unlikely as TJ trying to convince me that Alison Krause should have been on my list of 8 music choices for survival island laugh.

Ha! Grif!

You knew of course that I couldn't resist the challenge...you will inevitably succumb to the irresistible force of rational persuasion...

So, with that in mind here's a "simple gift" for you...

Would you consider taking Alison with you then if Yo Yo came along? laugh

Trap

You're right TJ! I knew you couldn't resist the challenge. Those were beautiful postings and representative of some of the rich and diverse music in North America.

I must admit the suggestion of Alison, along with Yo-Yo Ma is most tantalizing. However, I must resist. Besides, this was my sneaky way of getting you to post some music. Mission accomplished! laugh

Edited by griffin2417 (08/19/12 09:17 AM)

#1945392 - 08/19/12 09:48 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
griffin2417 Offline

Greetings everyone! I had fun carrying on with the clown discussion. We did have that discussion in a most creative way! Richard, I enjoyed your clown post. It's a nice transition to my choices for Sunday classical music.

My first selection is "Magnificat" (anima mea dominum) by C.P.E. Bach. It is performed by the Visegrad Baroque Orchestra, and Ars Brunensis Chorus.

#1945409 - 08/19/12 10:06 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Next we will explore the work of Antonio Salieri (18 August 1750 – 7 May 1825). He was a Viennese classical composer, conductor and teacher born in Legnago, south of Verona, in the Republic of Venice. He was a pivotal figure in the development of late 18th-century opera. Salieri helped to develop and shape many of the features of operatic compositional vocabulary and his music was a powerful influence on contemporary composers. His influence was felt in every aspect of Vienna's musical life. Franz Schubert, Ludwig van Beethoven and Franz Liszt were among the most famous of his pupils, according to my Wikipedia notes.

Here is an example of one of his works, "Sinfonia Veneziana"

#1945424 - 08/19/12 10:41 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My next selection is The "Cello Concerto #2 in D" (part I) by Joseph Haydn. It is performed by cellist Mischa Maisky. This will be my final post for today. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

#1945461 - 08/19/12 11:42 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Metamorphosis num 4 update.

I only listened to Waynes post of the lady playing it, then I was on youtube and heard Phillip glass himself play it....

That soon brought out some "issues" For instance the lady plays what is in the score pretty much as is, she does a couple of "fluffs" but sticks to the scoreish.

However phillip glass does not stick to the score in his rendition, he varies the tempo all the way to bar 40 ( and the repeats) there is no mention in the score of poco rit or even rit.

Sometimes he allmost seems to stop he slows down that much. Hmm.

Anyway, then, and this is the biggest change from the ladies renition and the score, Phillip glass adds another chord in bar 18, instead of it being a C major 1st inv chord for the last three notes he changes it into having a Bb on top ( instead of a C) and it sounds better for it.

I think it may have been a simple printing error in the score.

whatever, I think I will go for playing it as phillip glass did in the youtube vid rather than the lady on the youtube vid, as glass wrote it he must know how he wants it played etc.

But I have incorporated the chord that glass uses in my anylasis and future rendition.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1945463 - 08/19/12 11:43 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA

I must admit the suggestion of Alison, along with Yo-Yo Ma is most tantalizing. However, I must resist. Besides, this was my sneaky way of getting you to post some music. Mission accomplished! laugh

Ha! You sly and devious rascal laugh

But remember...the "voice of an angel" beckons...resistance is futile...

Trap

Great Classical posting - as always!

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#1945487 - 08/19/12 12:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky

Sometimes he allmost seems to stop he slows down that much. Hmm.

I do that with M2 lol wink

Only kidding, did you know that Branka Parlic spent her LIFE studying Metamorphosis.

She does however make a big mistake in M2, see if you can spot it smile

#1945489 - 08/19/12 12:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Did you notice we've got Recaredo doing M1 and Rupak doing M5, so that's the full set.

I better get practicing!

#1945493 - 08/19/12 12:38 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: wayne33yrs
[quote=Rostosky]

Only kidding, did you know that Branka Parlic spent her LIFE studying Metamorphosis.

Oh cheers wayne way to go, what? her whole life? You better say "Not really" or I am going to say "you could have bleedin well told us that first, How was I to know it would turn into a disease?

oh no.

oh wayne she makes a mistake in met 4 as well, she plays the rising bass a couple of bars early so she does it again immediately where it is meant to be.... it is not written in twice.

Edited by Rostosky (08/19/12 12:41 PM)

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1945515 - 08/19/12 01:03 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Ok, maybe not her entire life, but a long time, along side Phillip Glass' other works. smile

Suppose mistakes are easily made, but you would be gutted after spending all that time studying 'em!

Edited by wayne33yrs (08/19/12 01:05 PM)

#1945517 - 08/19/12 01:05 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Phew. er, how much is a long time? Ok Ok more than us , but she stil makes a few mistakes, well thats not a good omen .. hmm.

How are you really doing with met 2 wayne and are you trying to memorise it?

#1945536 - 08/19/12 01:23 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Yeah, I got it memorised, still got work to do on the arpeggios, still over pedaling, AGAIN lol, just tried it now with no pedal, gonna av a listen now, see if it sounds any better. smile

#1945544 - 08/19/12 01:34 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

ffs, can I swap with Recaredo pmsl wink

#1945573 - 08/19/12 02:29 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
griffin2417 Offline

Perhaps you all may need to start a thread on this like the Moonlight Sonata. Just a suggestion! smile

#1945576 - 08/19/12 02:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hi folks!

I just wanted to say Hi and apologize for my absence, but I have been on vacation this week. See you all later!

My website

#1945584 - 08/19/12 02:44 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sorry Griffin frown (lol)

Hope you had a nice time Recaredo wink

#1945592 - 08/19/12 03:00 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: wayne33yrs
Sorry Griffin frown (lol)

Hope you had a nice time Recaredo wink

No problem Wayne. Hope you're having a good day. I'm off to housework. Later! smile

#1945593 - 08/19/12 03:04 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Perhaps you all may need to start a thread on this like the Moonlight Sonata. Just a suggestion! smile

Aw cmon dude! lol. This is RST after all and we can talk about anything at all as long as its not too serious unless its life threatening to one of our posters/members?

If we start a spare thread then loads of folk may come and want to play these wonderfull and challenging pieces and then when we post our efforts we will get outdone by the experts !!!

This is the RST metamorphosis lovers sub thread , it shouldnt interfere with everything else though, it can just go on in the background as a "side issue"

I think I just said issue and got away with it.

#1945606 - 08/19/12 03:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

ha ha! might pop bk later, if not, see you soon smile

#1945655 - 08/19/12 05:10 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Aw cmon dude! lol. This is RST after all and we can talk about anything at all as long as its not too serious unless its life threatening to one of our posters/members?

If we start a spare thread then loads of folk may come and want to play these wonderfull and challenging pieces and then when we post our efforts we will get outdone by the experts !!!

This is the RST metamorphosis lovers sub thread , it shouldnt interfere with everything else though, it can just go on in the background as a "side issue"

I think I just said issue and got away with it.

laugh Fair enough! No need to go elsewhere.

#1945689 - 08/19/12 06:17 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Cheers Griffin!! now I have nothing to whine about I feel a tad deflated.

Oh yes there is something I can whinge about: Peas.

Peas are horrible, they make me gag just smelling them, I hate them in every form.

fresh from the pod or made into chip shop mushy peas it makes no odds they are green and horrid and have no place in civilised quisine.

Now baked beans, thats a whole different can of not worms, I say not worms because its the peas that may as well be worms to me at least in the edibles department.

So baked beans in a tomatoe sauce, but care is needed.. heinz is brill but dear, cross and blackwell adequate but second best, what is not good in the roasted haricot department is tesco own brand or asda own brand of cheapo baked beans.. dont get them, its not a bargain....

there is a very good reason why tesco can sell its own brand of alleged baked beans for just 8p a can... its because they are s h i t e.

#1945711 - 08/19/12 06:45 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Cheers Griffin!! now I have nothing to whine about I feel a tad deflated.

Oh yes there is something I can whinge about: Peas.

Peas are horrible, they make me gag just smelling them, I hate them in every form.

fresh from the pod or made into chip shop mushy peas it makes no odds they are green and horrid and have no place in civilised quisine.

Now baked beans, thats a whole different can of not worms, I say not worms because its the peas that may as well be worms to me at least in the edibles department.

So baked beans in a tomatoe sauce, but care is needed.. heinz is brill but dear, cross and blackwell adequate but second best, what is not good in the roasted haricot department is tesco own brand or asda own brand of cheapo baked beans.. dont get them, its not a bargain....

there is a very good reason why tesco can sell its own brand of alleged baked beans for just 8p a can... its because they are s h i t e.

Let's see if I can give you something to really whine about. How about peas and cheap baked beans served to you by an obnoxious clown!! Now THERE's something to whine about!!

Nope, I'm not quite done. There needs to be some abstract jazz playing in the background for your dining "pleasure." laugh

#1945712 - 08/19/12 06:46 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

with bagpipes perchance? and someone in the background explaining just what jazz chords are being used and why?

Also "jazz on RST" Notice how I locked that down?

Edited by Rostosky (08/19/12 07:17 PM)

#1945725 - 08/19/12 07:17 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

with bagpipes perchance? and someone in the background explaining just what jazz chords are being used and why?

Did you have to take it that far? Bagpipes and a Jazz lecture while eating??? Yuck!! Now I've lost my appetite for dinner! I thought I had buried my childhood aversion to peas long ago. Perhaps the thought of the obnoxious clown combined with jazz bagpipes took it over the top for me!

#1945727 - 08/19/12 07:18 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

sorry griffin we posted at the same time..... but to be clear and reiterate...

Jazz on RST?

notice how i locked that one down...lol

Edited by Rostosky (08/19/12 07:20 PM)

#1945734 - 08/19/12 07:34 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

sorry griffin we posted at the same time..... but to be clear and reiterate...

Jazz on RST?

notice how i locked that one down...lol

laugh Well I'm sure to find some way around that when you least suspect it. Lucky for you that my other half wants to see a movie right now. Otherwise I'd be busy unlocking the RST jazz thread! I'm off to the movies!

#1945954 - 08/20/12 06:29 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia

My next selection is The "Cello Concerto #2 in D" (part I) by Joseph Haydn. It is performed by cellist Mischa Maisky. This will be my final post for today. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Sylvester Stallone plays cello? laugh

#1945967 - 08/20/12 07:52 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Wayne spotted it, its at bar 37 on the F major arpeggios, she adds an extra two beats doing six F major arps instead of four...

she turns a 4/4 bar into a six four bar! but only first time round, she gets it correcct on the repeat...

And she has spent her life studying glass/metamorphosis.

its not as easy as it appears.

Page 185 of 238 < 1 2 ... 183 184 185 186 187 ... 237 238 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
96 registered (36251, accordeur, AndrewAJC, alans, 30 invisible), 1362 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75353 Members
42 Forums
155795 Topics
2287692 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How much repair work can I do myself?
by chadb
07/11/14 10:33 PM
Yamaha p120 key issue
by PianoChaseHogan
07/11/14 09:59 PM
Similarities between Gershwin and Leonard Bernstein
by pianoloverus
07/11/14 08:01 PM
Help with Fingering!!
by Francisco Scalco
07/11/14 07:00 PM
Group PLUS private lessons?
by WCSdancer
07/11/14 06:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission