2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
25 members (drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, 8 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1124952 01/02/07 09:43 PM
OP Offline
Hello!
This is my first post here... and I don't even play the piano! However, I love listening to piano music and get a real buzz about discovering new works and new favourite pianists.
I particularly enjoy Contemporary Instrumental (Piano) / Classical cross-over. I have over 1000 piano CDs, and spend far too much time listening to them!
Out of love for the music I hear and a wish to share it with others, I have deigned a very (very!) simple website: www.piano-heaven.co.uk
The idea behind this is to showcase my favourite piano CDs, by pianists (most of them classically trained) such as Kostia (Russia), Ludovico Einaudi (Italy) and Karen Marie Garrett (USA). I have reviewed my thirty favourite piano CDs. There are audio samples too. I have just finished interviewing Karen Marie Garrett, and that is on the site as well.
I am very new to this- I know it is nothing fancy, but I am really trying to "spread the word" and promote their work. Hand on heart, I love each CD I have included. The site is purely a labour of love. I have read the rules carefully, and I think it is appropriate to post this on this particular Forum- apologies if it is not.
I have included a link to Piano World on the home page, although someone has just e-mailed me to say they cannot see the logo! Another problem!!!
Anyway, I was hoping some of you might like to take a look, and if you have got any ideas as to how I can spread the word further (here or elsewhere), then please post here!
ps: I am not a musician- the reviews are written as a casual piano lover.
pps: As I said, I'm a real novice- the site looks best in Internet Explorer. Apologies if things do not look right or work properly in anything else.

#1124953 01/02/07 09:58 PM
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Very cool website!
you should learn how to play!

Matt cool

#1124954 01/03/07 11:07 AM
OP Offline
Thank you, Matt. I was rather apprehensive about posting here, but all seems to be fine!
When I was younger, I was given the opportunity to have piano lessons, but I played a considerable amount of sport, so declined. However, I still get little melodies playing around in my head, and find it frustrating I can do nothing with them.... so definitely one day, yes!

#1124955 05/30/08 11:45 AM
OP Offline
Piano-Heaven has had a facelift. Quite a few new reviews as well, so anyone who likes beautiful, relaxing piano music might like to check out the site. Recent recipients of the Piano-Heaven award are Wayne Gratz, Bernward Koch, David Hicken and Elijah Bossenbroek.

Enjoy!
www.piano-heaven.co.uk
www.pianoheaven.co.uk

#1124956 09/20/08 11:06 AM
OP Offline
For those of you who enjoy relxing and melodic piano music, you may be interested in the interview with Ralph Zurmühle which I have just posted at Piano-Heaven. It's quite possible that you will find other musicians and music of interest whilst you are there.

www.piano-heaven.co.uk

#1124957 12/13/08 09:43 PM
OP Offline
Another facelift- another redesign and make over. Anyone with an interest in Contemporary Piano Music (or "New Age") might like to pay a visit.

Thank you.

www.piano-heaven.co.uk

J
J
Awesome site.
I posted a link to your site
on my website: Helpful Linux Links and Piano Links

Thanks

OP Offline
Thank you!!

I have just finished reviewing six new piano albums that have made Piano-Heaven status. These include work by Michele McLaughlin, Carly Comando, Eric Harry, Brule, Brian King and the Whispering Solo Piano Volume 1 CD. There are samples from most of the tracks on the site. Enjoy!

www.piano-heaven.co.uk

OP Offline
For those of you who enjoy original and contemporary solo-piano music, you may be interested to knnow a new review has been added to Piano-Heaven- 'Breathing in the Moment' by the highly talented Michele McLaughlin. Fifteen gorgeous compositions well worth checking out. Also, a review of Christine Rayner's authorised take on the most beautiful Ludovico Einaudi compositions -all in a good cause (Cancer)- will be published soon.

Stephen

www.piano-heaven.co.uk

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission