2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (benkeys, 1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,824 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Bob Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
Even if the customer is wrong......they are right.

This RPT - non PTG member feud is getting old. We should all put our efforts into promoting the piano instead.

K
Platinum Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by accordeur
I do not believe this thread is about professional organizations.

This thread is about a frustrated and helpless technician. With reason.

Many new manufacturers of pianos have not understood the importance of a service department.

A person, preferably knowledgable in piano parts and mechanisms, even better a well paid tech, to answer queries.

The dealer at this point must be very annoyed, with reason.

The customer is ignorant, having been fed a lot of bs.

If I was the manufacturer, I would tell my customer, (the dealer) that I would back him. Just get the piano back, and let somebody else deal with this customer. The manufacturer, if the dealer has been diligent, should back up the dealer.

The customer is not always right.

You are mostly right, but it's one of those love triangle things . . .

The dealer is the manufacturer's true customer. Yet the warranty specifies a responsibility between the manufacturer and the dealer's customer, the end owner of the instrument.

As with love triangles, it can get complicated. . .

Keith Akins, RPT
Piano Technologist
USA Distributor for Isaac Cadenza hammers and Profundo Bass Strings
Supporting Piano Owners D-I-Y piano tuning and repair
editor emeritus of Piano Technicians Journal
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by Rod Verhnjak
And as you being the complainant you're doing the correct procedure as I understand it.

For this current complaint Rod, yes, I am attempting to do the correct thing. I am discovering to my surprise as I go, that previous examples of this technicians going back more than a decade have not been dealt with by chapter members; Members who clearly have very good examples of sub-standard work.

I understand there is evidence locally that this technician messed up some instruments you and your late father rebuilt more than a decade ago.

The Bosie photos were taken 5 years ago on July 14 2007. We are all reasonable people here. I don’t believe anyone can look at these photos and see satisfactory work completed.

Technical expertise

My observation to the local chapter members is really a question; how much is enough before all concerned members stand up and say “excuse us but this is not right”?
Without this technician being scrutinized by his peers, this is the result we have today.

Originally Posted by MiddleAgedProdigy

I don't understand. They have *not* seen fit or they have seen fit to write this letter.
I'm sure this wasn't your intention, but the end result is that a lot of us now have a lot less respect for RPTs.
If what you say is correct, there are hacks in their group and they are not willing to root them out.

Apparently, local members are not willing to root out the hacks, as I have discovered. I have found evidence of this kind of work by this fellow going back more than a decade. This current issue is only 2 weeks old. I am working on this myself and I am not a member of anything except the human race.

Jean and Bob,

There is no one angry. There is no vendetta. There is no member versus non-member feud. As Russell Kassman appropriately stated on the previous page in an excellent posting this kind of thing hurts the industry for all of us. Locally, this hurts technicians of all walks of life, PTG member or non-member.

I am making observations for public discussion. Is this not the function of a forum, to debate, to disagree respectfully, to come to a resolution of some sort, or agree to disagree?
I think we can all agree to a certain extent that the manufacturer did not support the proper people in this equation. I fully understand there are some who would not agree with this assessment.

I have separated this technicians various claims on his invoice and had them peer-reviewed by the tech forum. I revealed each aspect of his claims separately in separate threads so as to have each issue dealt with individually.

I intentionally did not link them together so that members commenting about one thread were not influenced by the other.
I linked all of them together here in this thread.

Synopsis:

The Teflon thread clearly resulted in his claims being dismissed by a variety of technicians who have no vested interest in the outcome of this case. There is clear misrepresentation on the invoice with a direct accusation that this dealer is sending out sold instruments to unsuspecting clients with cancer-causing agents inside.

These claims have not been taken lightly by industry professionals, in the piano industry and in the chemical industry.

The Warranty tuning thread had his claims of full regulation and the supporting photos dismissed, and in some cases mocked and ridiculed. This was done by a variety of technicians some of which are PTG members and some which are not. The majority agreed that this was not correct by any standard.

The invoice is a very clear case of fraud or attempted fraud. There is the claim of full regulation completed. The photos I took clearly show that this is not the truth.

Regulation

This person was billing for work not completed or in some cases not done at all. On-going ethics violations must be dealt with immediately or they will just continue year after year.

I never had a desire for this to be the way it is. I agreed to complete a small insignificant warranty repair. I did not agree to have this dumped on my desk. But because it has been, as a professional person I am obligated to see it through.

I have posted all of this here on PianoWorld. All members will have their own interpretation as to why I did so.

A useless exercise would be to try to convince them of my motivations for posting. This was my first, and last, encounter with this manufacturer and this technician. I would not want to re-visit a situation such as this again. I do not believe any of us would want this in their lives.

So I am doing what I can to rid the industry of someone who is clearly damaging relations and reputations locally with colleagues, clients, and dealers.

Anyone locally want to stand with me?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission