Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1327884 - 12/17/09 10:37 PM Re: Want an engineer to make a 49-key weighted action digita [Re: signa]
Bob M Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Why not consider the Studiologic 49-key hammer action controller?, I'll bet most travel with a net or notebook--add a sampled piano, and you're in business. Here's a link:

http://www.studiologic.net/vmk-149.html

Charles Walter Model 1520
Yamaha NP 30, NP 11, PSR E333

(ad) Roland

Click Here

#1328045 - 12/18/09 03:12 AM Re: Want an engineer to make a 49-key weighted action digital keyboard [Re: fogwall]
crusadar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Middle England
Originally Posted By: fogwall
So you don't like M-audio's 49-key variant?

Just checking out M-Adio Key Studio 49i , it doesn't seem to say if the keys are weighted, or graded, does anyone know please?
-

#1331313 - 12/22/09 09:16 AM Re: Want an engineer to make a 49-key weighted action digita [Re: signa]
ctnski Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Originally Posted By: signa
i don't know why people drag this old thread out again, while they could just post a new one.

but anyway, i suddenly got an idea (after reading the last 2 posts), that DP makers can actually build a DP with an integrated case where the bottom part is a part of keyboard body and top part is a cover which can be removed when playing. if such a DP is built, then all you have to do is to put the top case on and take the whole thing (which is a flight case) for travel.

i think this is a good idea, and you just need a DP but not an extra case for travel.

Yes, that is a very good idea, one that I have also had in mind these past several years. Since neither Yamaha nor Roland want to pick up the ball, perhaps we could petition Honda to bring one to market. shocked

My idea of the perfect travel piano would be one with a built-in case, an historically correct 61-key compass with hammer-action keys, and built-in rechargeable battery. I am quite certain there is a sufficient market for such an instrument to recoup development costs, if a company already involved in DP technology were to commit to it.

My gripe about currently available 61-key instruments: why is middle C not in the middle? This is not historically correct, and precludes one from playing so much early classical music, like all of Mozart and Haydn and early Beethoven up to the Op. 49 sonatas. Not to mention Bach, Handel and Scarlatti.

I make my living as a merchant mariner, and dragging around an 88-key DP just to be able to keep my technique up is such a hassle. tired

I know this is an old thread, but obviously it covers a topic that just won't go away.

Cheers,

Craig

#1331345 - 12/22/09 10:04 AM Re: Want an engineer to make a 49-key weighted action digita [Re: ctnski]
emenelton Offline

http://www.fatar.com/Studiologic/Pages/VMK_149.htm

This one claims to be:
49 full size keys with Grand Touch® Hammer Action

-under 20 lbs
-don't know if it is still available

#1331570 - 12/22/09 02:34 PM Re: Want an engineer to make a 49-key weighted action digital keyboard [Re: crusadar]
ChrisA Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Redondo Beach, California
Originally Posted By: crusadar
Originally Posted By: fogwall
So you don't like M-audio's 49-key variant?

Just checking out M-Adio Key Studio 49i , it doesn't seem to say if the keys are weighted, or graded, does anyone know please?
-

In the m-audio line, the "Axion" and "key station" series are both semi-weighted" the others are non-weighted. So if yu want the short keyboard the best you can do is semi-weighted. An I'm pretty sure they mean this literally too in that they are not hammer action keys but only have small weights glued to the under sides of the keys and key return is via a spring.

The studiologic controls has fatar keys, I think Korg uses these and they are acceptable.

To the person who wanted middle C in the center: You can transpose the keyboard in octaves and assign midel C to any C key you want.

About making a cover, so that the keyboard is it's own flight case: the problenm is the lack of shock resistance. A flight (by definition and ATA requirements) case needs to provide two things (1) Two inches of padding between the case shell and the item inside the case and (2) a water tight seal. If you don't have these two things you can't make a damage claim and insurance will not pay. What you would have is a "road case" that might be good enough as long as you never checked it as baggage.

Edited by ChrisA (12/22/09 02:43 PM)

#1880791 - 04/16/12 08:13 PM Re: Want an engineer to make a 49-key weighted action digital keyboard [Re: Peter_G_Moll]
ClsscLib Online   content

Platinum Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Northern VA, U.S.
Peter Moll, are you still using the 53-key Yamaha you described in this old thread?

Still happy with it?

Have you come across any better alternatives?

If the VAX-77 had been available then, would you have considered it instead of doing custom modifications?

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing."

-- Florence Foster Jenkins

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
130 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, 48 invisible), 1406 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153566 Topics
2250607 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
song i wrote. people in clubs love it
by jedplays
04/18/14 10:49 PM
Fazioli "factory tour" video.
by R_B
04/18/14 10:27 PM
Piano Science
by venice1
04/18/14 09:59 PM
MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences?
by Marko in Boston
04/18/14 09:08 PM
the conclusion on weighted keys and developing technique
by B.Petrovic
04/18/14 09:02 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission