2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
54 members (bcalvanese, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 36251, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 6 invisible), 1,372 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
OP Offline
S
Mac: I didn't make any. I asked him to give me the best he can. Then he came back with 4000. Then I told him bring it further down and then he finally came with 3800. He will call me today with the best he can do. Will update here. Hopefully it will be a good point of reference for someone willing to buy it.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Based on what you're saying, I think the price can go much lower. Also, I have to think that he's desperate to unload a very slow selling model.

Generally, in such a negotiation, you avoid working the dealer down from his very high asking price. Instead, you allow to dealer to work you up from your very low offer.

So if the dealer has willingly WORKED HIMSELF DOWN to $3800, I think you could do much better.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha

No. You've been suckered. These mini grands look pathetic. OK IMHO. I'm guessing your wife doesn't play? What's that got to do with it? Everything.
grin

It's a matter of taste. You may think it looks pathetic. We like it.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Macy; 04/17/12 05:25 PM.

Macy

CVP-409GP, Garritan CFX, Vintage D, Ivory II GP's & American Concert D, Pianoteq, True Keys American D, Ravenscroft 275, Garritan Authorized Steinway, Alicia's Keys, EWQL Pianos, MainStage, iPad Pro/forScore/PageFlip Cicada, Custom Mac MIDI/Audio Software Design, Macs Everywhere
I like that look too. I wouldn't want to pay that much. But the appearance is appealing.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
The problem with "the look" is that lid with the Starship Enterprise vibe going on. And some of that lights up too. So the classy silhouette is ruined by the buttons and lights in my opinion. Each to their own of course...

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Yep, I'm an engineer. Love me some more buttons and lights, bells and whistles. smile

Macy

CVP-409GP, Garritan CFX, Vintage D, Ivory II GP's & American Concert D, Pianoteq, True Keys American D, Ravenscroft 275, Garritan Authorized Steinway, Alicia's Keys, EWQL Pianos, MainStage, iPad Pro/forScore/PageFlip Cicada, Custom Mac MIDI/Audio Software Design, Macs Everywhere
V
V
Originally Posted by Macy
Yep, I'm an engineer. Love me some more buttons and lights, bells and whistles. smile

Architect here.....less is more cool

P
P
Originally Posted by vegasE
Originally Posted by Macy

Architect here.....less is more cool

philosopher here ....more is less laugh

I have enough bells and whistles with my wife, piano I want straight cool

V
V
Originally Posted by piano_shark

I have enough bells and whistles with my wife,

Real or virtual?

To the OP:

Don't overlook Roland RG1F and RG3F. Strange, delightful little micro-grands. Shallow enough to fit where a real upright would. 2-position stick, and the speakers are where the soundboard would be.

Both have the same action, PHAIII. The difference is mainly how many speakers you get.

I want. Seriously. Much more than an LX15 or another HP. I just like the micro-grand form factor for a DP. It's as wrong as a flying anvil, but it just works! For me, anyway.

I'll practice discipline, though. My HP201 will serve me fine for another 5 to 10 years. I want a roland C-330 organ far worse than I want a a new piano.

o.O

A hammered piano, minus the strings. Brilliant!
T
TXT Offline
T
All,

The piano pictured above looks nice. I am just wondering if we can get a piano that generates good sound and with that grand piano good look for just $3,800, can't we?

-Txt

Last edited by TXT; 04/17/12 11:30 PM.
P
P
Originally Posted by TXT
All,

The piano pictured above looks nice. I am just wondering if we can get a piano that generates good sound and with that grand piano good look for just $3,800, can't we?

-Txt

nope. Can you find a gorgeous, intelligent woman with a silent system?

S
OP Offline
S
If there is a gorgeous, intelligent and silent woman, she's going to cost you a lot.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by stringless
Don't overlook Roland RG1F and RG3F. Strange, delightful little micro-grands. Shallow enough to fit where a real upright would. 2-position stick, and the speakers are where the soundboard would be.

Both have the same action, PHAIII. The difference is mainly how many speakers you get.

I want. Seriously. Much more than an LX15 or another HP.

Totally agree. RG-3F has a real look of quality to me. The problem is the price!

P
P
Originally Posted by EssBrace

I want. Seriously. Much more than an LX15 or another HP.

Totally agree. RG-3F has a real look of quality to me. The problem is the price!

yeah price of RG-3F is takes from the sky, I don't get it what they were thinking. I'd buy avantgrand N1 for way less money.
RG1F is too small, looks like a toy not a baby grand.

Originally Posted by piano_shark

yeah price of RG-3F is takes from the sky, I don't get it what they were thinking. I'd buy avantgrand N1 for way less money.
RG1F is too small, looks like a toy not a baby grand.

What I"ve seen, the RG3F is actually a couple of grand (no pun intended) less than the N1.

As for it's look, didn't I say it's as wrong as a flying anvil? It's not supposed to be a precise copy of a grand's cabinet, for that, you have the KR series, and that is serious money and cabinet weight.

The RGs are something just a little different, for those not bound by convention. Just like their harpsichords, v-drums and v-accordion. Yes, a digital accordion.

o.O

A hammered piano, minus the strings. Brilliant!
P
P

What I"ve seen, the RG3F is actually a couple of grand (no pun intended) less than the N1.

not from what I've seen on the net and actually being offered.
It's the opposite - N1 is cheaper couple of well, grands...

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
How the instrument sounds matters the most to me. I have been told that there is no way mini digital grand piano can give you the feel of a grand piano but they do sound like grand piano.

I think you understood that the wrong way round.

The action probably can be pretty good (some have a real grand action though some discussion is going on about the sensors attached to that) but the sound is not even close, especially when you use speakers.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Different people have different sensitivities to both sound and touch. Digitals both sound and feel different from acoustics. Whether you think that difference is big in either area depends on your sensitivity to the two.

I can hear one person say the touch is similar but the sound is wrong and another say the opposite, and both sound reasonable to me.

Personally I find the touch close enough (but not great) and the sound when using a VST and headphones to be more than close enough. It's better than the acoustics I play normally. Of course, as you point out, subpar speakers can throw a monkey wrench in the works.

Last edited by gvfarns; 04/19/12 01:52 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
I can't find any store near my area where I could go check out RG3F. Youtube as a couple of vides on it but no demo video (just some guy playing it). Looking at the pictures, it looks awesome but don't they all? It's when you go in person and look at. Does anyone know the difference in between RG-3F to RG-3? One would think that these company would have a page explaining all the difference in between their models and what makes one different than other.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission