Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1883638 - 04/21/12 12:33 PM How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service?
brettr Offline

I've decided to purchase a Kawai MP10 and will likely go with musciciansfriend.com. I'm planning to include their 3 year warranty for $229.99.

My Kawai dealer is 90 miles from where I live so having it shipped is a better option then going back and forth for 90 miles each way when something goes wrong.

For anyone that has purchased from them and then needed to use the warranty, how has that experience been?

Will I have to play shipping back to and then from musciciansfriend.com if the warranty is used?

I live in an apartment. For what ever reason, sometimes packages are left in the leasing office and sometimes delivered to my front door. For those that are in this situation, was your item delivered to your apartment? I don't want to lug a 70 lbs piano from the office to my apartment.

Thanks.

(ad) Roland

Click Here

#1883645 - 04/21/12 12:41 PM Re: How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service? [Re: brettr]
gvfarns Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
I had to return some studio monitors to Musican's Friend. One of them was defective. They paid for shipping and it sent it back in the same box. I hadn't had them long. It was a pretty easy process.

I think you can have confidence in them. If you want to return it just because you don't like it, you will probably have to pay shipping, but that isn't the end of the world either.

#1883681 - 04/21/12 01:32 PM Re: How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service? [Re: brettr]
anotherscott Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Shipping on a box that that is the size and weight of an MP10 would not be insignificant.

#1883782 - 04/21/12 04:16 PM Re: How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service? [Re: brettr]
chbaker801 Offline

Loc: Draper, UT
Originally Posted By: brettr
I've decided to purchase a Kawai MP10 and will likely go with musciciansfriend.com. I'm planning to include their 3 year warranty for $229.99.

My Kawai dealer is 90 miles from where I live so having it shipped is a better option then going back and forth for 90 miles each way when something goes wrong.

For anyone that has purchased from them and then needed to use the warranty, how has that experience been?

Will I have to play shipping back to and then from musciciansfriend.com if the warranty is used?

I live in an apartment. For what ever reason, sometimes packages are left in the leasing office and sometimes delivered to my front door. For those that are in this situation, was your item delivered to your apartment? I don't want to lug a 70 lbs piano from the office to my apartment.

Thanks.

brettr,

My name is Chris and I work at Musician's Friend. Our Gold Coverage protection will cover shipping to and from their repair facility in the event you need to make a claim. As far as delivery goes, it depends on the shipper how your package will be delivered.

When shipped by UPS, it is up to the driver's discretion if they will require signature, leave it at your door, or at the leasing office. With the weight of this piano, it is likely that it will ship via ABF Freight. On these shipments, ABF will actually call you to schedule a delivery. They will drive the freight truck as close as possible to you for delivery, although they will not unload or carry it to your door.

For more information on our Gold Coverage protection, you can go here: http://mf.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/901/

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to give us a call at 1-877-429-6677 or email forums@musiciansfriend.com. Thanks for choosing Musician's Friend!

Edited by chbaker801 (04/21/12 04:17 PM)
and Technical Support
forums@musiciansfriend.com
1-877-429-6677

#1883793 - 04/21/12 04:50 PM Re: How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service? [Re: brettr]
brettr Offline

Great. Thanks Chris.

#1883928 - 04/21/12 08:21 PM Re: How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service? [Re: brettr]
Kawai James Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Great to see a representative from Musician's Friend on the forum - welcome Chris!

Cheers,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#1884143 - 04/22/12 08:10 AM Re: How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service? [Re: Kawai James]
Possum SP280Krome Online   content
500 Post Club Member

They are great to deal with! Have used them around 12 times in the last year.

Although my monitors and keyboard stands were left at the door.
The Privia PX130 had to be signed for, probably because of the value or size.

Note that UPS will not bring it into your apartment.
I didnt get the extended warranty but Casio of course has 3 years and Yamaha has a few as well
Korg SP280

Rokit KRK 6 monitors
MXL V67G microphone

#1884153 - 04/22/12 08:29 AM Re: How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service? [Re: brettr]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
i have been pleased with them for guitars and amps for my kid.. I took back a guitar case to them without a receipt (no problem) and they conveniently let you order over the internet and pick it up in store.

love and peace, ├Ľun (apple in Estonian)

#1884236 - 04/22/12 11:15 AM Re: How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service? [Re: brettr]
moleskincrusher Offline

Anent the subject of this thread, I have questions about Musician's Friend's intersection, if any, with Guitar Center, who I believe owns them (or am I wrong?).

What if, e.g., MF is offering a 15% discount but GC is not (though I realize you can dicker with your local GC branch manager and MAYBE get a similar deal)? Can you order from MF and pick up at your local GC? What about GC's trade-in and used-gear policies -- recognized by MF?

#1884245 - 04/22/12 11:28 AM Re: How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service? [Re: brettr]
knotty Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Bethesda, MD (Washington D.C)
I believe guitar center owns musicians friends, and guitar center will match any coupon you bring in. It's generally not very hard to get 15% off at either store. Thought one will make you pay taxes, and the other not, but one will give you the product right away (if in store, which is unlikely with Kawai)

#1887053 - 04/26/12 05:35 PM Re: How is Musician's Friend warranty and customer service? [Re: brettr]
brettr Offline

Just got the piano today. For those living in apartments and have issues with packages getting left at the leasing office, I called UPS early this morning (once package showed out for delivery) and coordinated with them to be sure the driver makes it all the way to my apartment. Driver called me just before arriving. He would have toted it up the stairs but I had a better hand truck (slides on the sides for getting up steps) and we strapped it to that. UPS driver helped me all the up the steps.

Box had a big gash in the front (right over keys) but there was another piece of cordboard under that, which didn't seem affected. Piano doesn't seem affected either but haven't had the chance to play it yet.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
137 registered (ando, 36251, Anne'sson, Almaviva, 42 invisible), 1582 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153575 Topics
2250781 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Keyboard stand
by david_ka
04/19/14 09:42 AM
Tuning stability problems...
by Grotriman
04/19/14 09:20 AM
What does this sign mean
by ryderb
04/19/14 08:46 AM
Worth upgrading from Studiologic SL990 for a beginner?
by moonchild77
04/19/14 08:04 AM
Improving upright repetition
by pinkfloydhomer
04/19/14 07:44 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission