2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, AndyOnThePiano2, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, 10 invisible), 2,111 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
vegasE Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I thought i would start a new thread about this.

Quoted from another thread......

Originally Posted by Macy
Originally Posted by gvfarns
Remember to update. The original published version of Vintage D had some bugs in the repedalling and maybe other code. If your interface has a section for the warp engine, you are using the old version.
Absolutely. The version that came in my box (I bought the boxed version) was unplayable because of the way the pedaling worked. I remember being really upset the first time I tried it, until I downloaded all the upgrades. I'm also using Kontakt 5 Player (which I already had loaded), I don't know how it works with Kontakt 4 Player.

As of a few days ago, my Vintage D VST developed a re-pedal/half pedal bug - not sure what the original bug was though.

With both pedal (re-pedal and half) functions switched on, some notes depending on the pedaling will sustain untill they fade out. I have recorded a midi file of this and it doesn't happen with the Pianoteq 4 Demo i recently downloaded (which IMO eliminates the possibility of the problem being with the piano/pedal, computer, or connections).

This is clearly audible during normal playing and was definately not there before.

I am also definately using the correct nki file - without the warp engine.

I have reloaded Kontakt Player 5 and re-loaded the Vintage D update from my boxed dvd disk. Still happening.
I have contacted best service for any comments they may have.

Anyone having the same issues? Any thoughts?

Below are midi and sound files with the bug if anyone would like to try on your version. It's just random chords and the bug occurs on the 6th chord as can be heard on the "bug" file.

MIDI

Buggy sound FILE - with pedal functions turned on.

Clean sound FILE - without pedal functions turned on.

S
S
i have Vintage d and it does that on my yamaha p250 keyboard too - the way I fixed it was the increase the half pedal setting up 1 point - I'm not sure if all Yamaha's have that setting but mine is default at 0 and I believe I changed mine to +1 and the issue went away.

I was thinking of contacting Galaxy about it but I haven't gotten around to it.

Yamaha P-250 | Galaxy II Pianos | Galaxy Vintage D | The GIANT | Ravenscroft 275
V
vegasE Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Do you mean changing the pedal settings on your P250? Or Kontakt/VinD?

Do you hear the sustained notes when you are playing your P250 through headphones without Vintage D?

S
S
I changed it on my P250. I'm home now and on my keyboard the setting is: HalfPedalPoint = +1

if you find a way to fix in Kontakt let me know. The problem is there for Vintage D and for Galaxy Steinway II

I don't have the issue in Pianoteq or any other sound set... would like to set it back to 0 b/c it give a better position on my pedal.

Yamaha P-250 | Galaxy II Pianos | Galaxy Vintage D | The GIANT | Ravenscroft 275

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission