2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, 12 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
OP Offline
D
I'm sorry. I'm honestly grateful to you, to Norbert, Dara and Mr.Kraus.

I'm just dismayed that a polite trade mark put physically their customers in danger.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
From everything I heared about "Italian dealers" I am starting to believe it's to a large extent an "Italian dealer issue"....

Yours is not the only one, often involving a number of different makes. Anyone here remembering the Seiler piano few years back? frown

This is no excuse not to be looked after but I'm honest when saying I still haven't understood your situation.

In North America/Canada I am in contact with many other dealers and nobody has ever had a situation any like yours.

In fact there have been very few if any problems in much tougher climates than Italy and those have been of a very minor nature, virtually same as all other makes have from time to time.

So your case is truly intriguing, one would like to see it through.

Yours is so exceptional that I have never have heard anything like this - regardless of make!

Getting quite curious what exactly is going on here...

Hang tough, we're here for you!

Norbert smile

Last edited by Norbert; 05/07/12 03:18 PM.

D
OP Offline
D
I just say that the truly intriguing fact is that the factory still have that kind of distributor.

If you would be in my country, you could spend afternoons reading the disappointments and the "adventures" happened in that store on forums.

My case is normal.

The problem is obviously a "store" - not a "distributor"

Brodmann distributes its pianos directly.

P.S. I heard about your case once before, you're right, the "store" was mentioned in that connection...

Norbert

D
OP Offline
D
As far as I know, the "direct distribution" passes rightly through him.

He is the direct distribution (here).

J
6000 Post Club Member
Online Blank
6000 Post Club Member
J
In the U.K Brodmann go through Chris Venables, a reputable dealer with an excellent and proven track record. The pianos are prepared to the highest level, and I think that if one arrived at his dealership in that condition it would be sent back to the factory before it got anywhere near the shop floor.

This experience you have had is deplorable.

YAMAHA Artist
D
OP Offline
D
No warranty support, no preparation (just to mention on thing, the key lateral movement was of 1,5mm about) and even not a simple cover on the piano during the delivery.

Dave:

What made you buy this piano?

Norbert

D
OP Offline
D
1) Beautiful sound and quality built (in the store)
2) Brand new at 1/3 of the price list
3) 5 years warranty
4) The distributor underlined that it was a "Viennese" version of the Chinese one.

But when delivered, all problems in few days.
He also said: "technicians will work for two days on your piano before the delivery". (Why? They have tampered it?)

Dave:

We once had 2 "Viennese" 187 grands and they were absolutely beautiful. They did have slightly different hammers [Renner] than the regular series which has Abel.

The owners for both these pianos have been extremely happy with their choice, one being a well known teacher giving piano a great testimonial.

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1821759/1/Brodma

Very sorry to hear your experience has been somewhat different, as promised will help you see this one through.

Norbert

Last edited by Norbert; 05/08/12 12:19 PM.

I have only seen good pianos and service from Brodmann, either direcly or thru forums, your is a quite strange situation. I checked their web site and only shows a dealer for Italy: http://www.brodmann-pianos.at/index.php?id=373&L=3%20[0%2C0%2C17398] is that the one?

also have you tried to contact Colin Taylor who is top responsable for technical aspects?

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by RAY930
I have only seen good pianos and service from Brodmann, either direcly or thru forums, your is a quite strange situation. I checked their web site and only shows a dealer for Italy: http://www.brodmann-pianos.at/index.php?id=373&L=3%20[0%2C0%2C17398] is that the one?

also have you tried to contact Colin Taylor who is top responsable for technical aspects?

Yes, a lot of promises, but unfortunately nothing seems to happen or change.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Norbert
Dave:

We once had 2 "Viennese" 187 grands and they were absolutely beautiful. They did have slightly different hammers [Renner] than the regular series which has Abel.

The owners for both these pianos have been extremely happy with their choice, one being a well known teacher giving piano a great testimonial.

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1821759/1/Brodma

Very sorry to hear your experience has been somewhat different, as promised will help you see this one through.

Norbert

Thank You Mr.Norbert, very kind.

I choosed my piano because was totally different from the same brand grands (perhaps because it is a "prototype" and virtually identical to the viennese version except for the marks).

I'm quite sure that it could need that renner hammers... but even at Renner factory nobody knows anything about the brand.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Norbert
Dave:

We once had 2 "Viennese" 187 grands and they were absolutely beautiful. They did have slightly different hammers [Renner] than the regular series which has Abel.===SNIP===

Norbert - can you be more specific about the difference in the hammers? Shape? Weight? Size? Impregnated? Underfelt? and as important, prep voicing and any follow-up voicing you (or your technician(s)) have done since then.

In my experience, I have found hammer head shape (relatively round and pear shaped at one extreme) to pointed (Renner Blue Points come to mind), **does** make a difference in the quality of the tone produced where "quality" is not an indication of better or worse, but more related to "color", "intensity", etc.

Andrew Kraus, Pianist
Educated Amateur Tuner/Technician
I Make Music that Lifts People Up & Brings Them Together
Rockville, MD USA
www.AndrewKraus.com
www.YouTube.com/RockvillePianoGuy
Twitter at @IAmAPianist

1929 Steinert 6'10" (Close copy of New York S&S "B")
D
OP Offline
D
The famous hammer heads brand said me these words in the morning (I delete the brand here for the respect of the privacy):

"Thank you for consulting us in this matter.

Unfortunately we don’t know the manufacturer of the B. grand pianos because this is a product produced in far east and manufactured from a company who uses the brand “B.”.

Therefore we have to know the name of the manufacturer.

Best regards"

So they seem to be not a direct customer of both the well-known hammers brands (the second one answered me the same just in different words).

S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S
Therefore we have to know the name of the manufacturer.

So they seem to be not a direct customer of both the well-known hammers brands (the second one answered me the same just in different words).

Dave,

You could try Wilh. Steinberg, Eisenberg Germany as the manufacturer, because of:

Brodmann Artist Series

see post "1692359:

Bearing in mind the above, the first batch of the Artist Series had the case parts and frame assembled in their Chinese factory, the stringing, action, keyboard, dampers are fitted in the Wilhm Steinberg factory in Eisenberg, Germany. For uniformity, all toning is done by just one dedicated technician. (Ex Steinway tech). Hammers are either Renner or Abel, strings Roslau, soundboard Bolduc, pinblock 5 ply maple by Bolduc, action Renner, keys Kluge and damper felt La roux. The designs of the 187, 212 and 228 are the same as the PE series, which look very like S-way A, B and C models (!) the concert 275, Brodmann say, has similarities to S-way, Yamaha and Kawai concert models. (!). Brodmann are planning an upright 132 model too. Frame colour is gold rather than light copper and there is more detail around the frame holes than on the PE series. Inside of rim is birds eye maple. Main rim is of 3mm maple laminations.

schwammerl.

D
OP Offline
D
It's interesting...

Compare http://www.wilh-steinberg.com/eng/wst-grandsp-212.html

with http://www.brodmann-pianos.at/grand_piano_2120.html?&L=6

Or the same pictures are very similar or the pianos are so...

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Pattie and I just spent a week at Steinberg ... Very interesting and well done. Kevin, head of manufacturing is a sharp guy.

Steve Pearson from Chicago is now head of all grand piano production ...

It might do to get some facts here ...

What is the question again ??

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
http://www.facebook.com/EJBuckPerformances
J
6000 Post Club Member
Online Blank
6000 Post Club Member
J
I think that Steinberg and Brodmann have some of the same people in management. It's fairly well known in the industry that Wilh. Steinberg were making some of the Brodmann uprights at one time - quite expensive pianos but good quality.

The Steinberg 212 is probably the same piano as the Brodmann 212, in the same way that the May Berlin is the same as the Brodmann. The name on the fallboard matters less than the quality of the instrument and the follow up service you get from the dealer.

It's no secret that there is a factory in china producing pianos with several different names on the same instrument.

YAMAHA Artist
I am vigorously pursuing to get to the bottom of things here.
The mystery will be solved and from first accounts received, is starting to unravel.

Dave's piano is definitely *not* a Steinberg made model.
This would be impossible considering the piano was sold even below the price of a 6'3 grand.

There seems to be more to the story with all fingers pointing increasingly to the dealer.

If he is indeed a *dealer* any longer....

Norbert frown

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission