2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (CharlesXX, bcalvanese, AlkansBookcase, Adam Reynolds, cascadia, Carey, accordeur, 1957, 10 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Norbert - it's great of you to offer to help put the OP in touch with key people at Brodmann.

Perhaps there is another way to get him the answer?

Is it possible that the Abel people would have records of which hammers were sent to Brodmann? If the OP were able to give Abel the specific manufacture date and serial number, is it possible that the Abel people would be able to help?
====================================
On another point, it seems to me from what the OP has described - that the hammers needed a LOT of filing and reshaping after just two months, that the original hammers, though they sounded great, are too soft to stand up to professional level practicing 6 to 8 hours a day. He now states he doesn't want to change anything, so it seems, at the least, that he'll need monthly voicing appointments if everything remains the same.

If he went with harder hammers, would they last longer? Could they be voiced to sound like the original softer ones, and what would be involved in that?
=================================

Andrew Kraus, Pianist
Educated Amateur Tuner/Technician
I Make Music that Lifts People Up & Brings Them Together
Rockville, MD USA
www.AndrewKraus.com
www.YouTube.com/RockvillePianoGuy
Twitter at @IAmAPianist

1929 Steinert 6'10" (Close copy of New York S&S "B")
D
OP Offline
D
I can answer:

- Abel does not know the original size

- the hard felt does not worn and does not affect the sound: I tested it by myself

- the original hammers did not needed a lot of filling: the technician did a lot of it, perhaps to force me to buy his new hammer heads set.... (he said that the brodmann original hammers were not original Abel hammers(!!)

Last edited by Davehammerklavier; 05/05/12 03:01 PM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
(he said that the brodmann original hammers were not original Abel hammers(!!)

One moment:

Are you saying that the original hammers were not Abels at all?

The mystery deepens....

Norbert confused

D
OP Offline
D
the technician said: "that are Chinese (Fake) Abel hammers."

This piano is a particular version: Bolduc soundboard and pinblock (as artist series).

But you said it's actually a PE series piano, so your piano appears to be indeed a prototype or one of a kind?

Perhaps to bring more light to the story, could you send picture or details of exact model type and serial number?

Dave, you once brought up your piano before in a previous thread in 2011:

https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubb...e%20Warranty%20Problems.html#Post1735307

At that time you had discussed several other issues involving same piano.

I'm sure that they were original Abel hammers, but to convince me to change the hammer set, he said: "that are Chinese Abel hammers

How does your tech know this? Abel makes no hammers in China.

Dave, there's many who would be willing to help but one is really getting very perplexed by all of this.

Please help us a little along to be better informed hopefully to be able to help you more effectively in this case...

Norbert smile

Last edited by Norbert; 05/05/12 10:59 PM.

D
OP Offline
D
Believe me, a different person would sell this piano. I'm honestly tired.

No warranty support at all, no reasonably in-time interventions, nothing, and (that's worse) broken promises both the dealer and the factory.

So I had to simplify (if I want to survive) : from the factory I just need a new keyboard (because this one was sawn for a "different piano" and it has splinters and sawdust inside: this is not a brodmann keyboard)

and a new hammer set (that I'll provide by myself).

I think that is reasonable, but nothing happens. They say "we ordered your keyboard", but after months still nothing.

Last edited by Davehammerklavier; 05/06/12 10:19 AM.
Dave:

Would you be so kind and publish the serial number of your piano?

thanks,

Norbert

Last edited by Norbert; 05/06/12 03:39 PM.

D
OP Offline
D
It is 1080

Dave:

Apparently there is direct communications between you and Brodmann.

Would it be perhaps worth to wait things out?

Norbert

D
OP Offline
D
Yes, I thought the same thing... for almost a year.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope it every second of the day, but the dealer started with the same behavior in July 2011: "What a shame! but don't worry: I have already ordered not only a new keyboard for you, but also the whole action/hammers block, because it is evident that something has gone wrong in that piano."

But nothing happened for months and months of quiet, silent waiting.

Is the same thing going on now? "take-time" until I get tired?

I'm waiting, yes. It's the only thing I have done in 10 months without having a correct piano that I should buy as brand new.
Is that the reason why it has cost 9.000 euro in front of the 24000 euro of the price list?

D
OP Offline
D
I'm sorry, I know that they are surely busy, but I'm not the only one who had problems with that brand bought in my country (forums also testify that).
However the factory seems to pass over at all.

In U.S.A. they are considered very good instruments, here it is quite different (Perhaps there is a reason)

Some owners in my country just sold their piano with disappointment, I otherwise spent a lot of money and I'm already waiting for the most important (and tampered) part: the keyboard.

Perhaps I'm just stupid: I thought that they were very polite people (even if they have choosen the ill-mannered, most dangerous and swindler seller in my country) and I hoped that placing myself in a reasonable way would helped me, but no one there seems to want to help me really.

Do I have to phone again the official distributor now?
He could reach me in front of my home armed with a gun and with his "guys" at any time of day or night. He has done it with other disappointed customers, I hear that it's quite normal with him.

Is it my turn now?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hello Dave,
It's very unfortunate that you've had to experience this ongoing dilemma with your piano. I remember your other posting here on PW last summer with this issue.
It is often difficult for readers here to discern the complete picture, let alone understand from a first hand perspective.
There isn't a large European presence on this forum, which may or may not have been of further help in resolving your piano situation and issues. I believe you are sincere in speaking about various problems that have arisen. Obviously it means enough to you, to write in to an international forum even though it's predominately USA based.

I don't ever remember Brodmann Piano Co. directly making an introduction, comment or response here on PW in regards to their pianos. Might have been a nice gesture and is still welcome.

Don't companies know in this day and age that information travels very quickly. Reputation is more fragile for a new company such as Brodmann than many older, established ones.
You haven't presented your dealer in a very good light - it's not easy to discern from a distance, but doesn't sound very harmonious.

Ultimately you want your Brodmann 212 in top shape, and it's a major drag, I imagine, that you've had this experience with what you thought was a new piano.

If I was part of the Brodmann company and management, (and Austria being next door to Italy) I'd have an approved company technician fully assess the situation, potentially provide you with a replacement piano, and make sure the representative/dealer of my products was representing a high quality level of service and commitment .... which hopefully reflects the company selling the original product.

D
OP Offline
D
Yes, the problem is just that: no one says it's not true, no one says it's false, but no one takes a stand or gets something to help. But, I understand this... (I'm going to be a psychologist).

That's why I said "I'll pay everything You want", to prevent what is unfortunately going on now.

Anyway, it's all very "italian"... no protection to the customers.

Initially the factory said "You have a problem with the dealer" and all finished with this sentence.

The dealer said after that episode with loud, un-polite and vulgar tone (words like "f..k you, f..k that, you've broken my b...s, they are not good pianos...) that he has problems with the factory now and after my report (and pictures) they are not pleased to speak with him.

But everything seems to remain the same. (neutral position)

The factory offered me a tech consulting after without a date and not in a reasonably short period of time. Ok, I also understand that: the dealer should do this kind of service normally (but it's famous: he doesn't).

(There are some very honest dealers here: please, try to choose a good one)

After that events (occured in the following months of quiet and silent waiting) I provided to the problems by myself with more than one (well respected) technician.

I haven't explained yet that much of the money I've spent it has been used to "re-make up" the action.

No "one-day" intervention could do this and, I mean, only a fool could invent this kind of (costly) problems just for fun.

(I can provide all the repair process receipts with the problems that have been emerged: I called Steinway & Sons techncians, I'm not telling jokes. They also said "communicate that shame to Europiano foundation" but I'm not that kind of person.
I just wanted a keyboard for my poor piano)

So, now I have a beautiful action, a new (right) hammer head set is coming soon, and just remains the need of a right keyboard that is the only part of my piano that I cannot get by myself.

When I asked it to the factory they said "yes, it's possible", but I'm going to believe that it is quite difficult that a keyboard needs so many months of waiting. Or not?

You see, I'm only a worried student, specially because I've heard only words (silently) for 11 whole months.

I just feel myself cheated.

J
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
J
What I don't understand in all of this is that you have bought a new piano, which needs it's entire action and keyboard replaced after a very short time -

surely that's serious enough for them to either refund you the money you paid for the piano and take the piano back, or replace the piano with a new one? A new action and keyboard is a costly repair for anyone!

I hope you get this sorted out soon, Tante Auguri con tuo pianoforte.

YAMAHA Artist
D
OP Offline
D
Very kind Joe!

Yes, I've missed to say that the first dealer reaction was: "it's a shame: excuse me, we replace the whole instrument. I've already ordered one for you."

It has been the start of the whole "adventure" and I naively believed him.

When he undestood (after months of waiting) that I understood that the situation was "un-clear", he said that he was going to replace the action-keyboard-hammers block.

In the same way, when he understood that "I have understood", he started with the threads to my dad.

That's all...

J
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
J
Which part of Italy are you in, Dave?

YAMAHA Artist
J
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
J
I have a Brodmann 187 and it has been OK. Not perfect, but OK.

YAMAHA Artist
Originally Posted by Davehammerklavier
In the same way, when he understood that "I have understood", he started with the threads to my dad.

I'm afraid I don't understand this statement, Dave. How old are you (if you don't mind me asking)? Are you a teenager or minor so that the dealer would "started with the threads to my dad".

Just curious.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
D
OP Offline
D
No, as above, I'm at university, so I'm not a teenager.

My dad just called the dealer because he no longer responded to my telephone number.

It's just folly.

I do not speak anymore about it. I see that is vain and I run the risk of being taken for a fool.

If you cancel this forum, I would be very grateful.

Thank You for your time. Bye

Originally Posted by Davehammerklavier
No, as above, I'm at university, so I'm not a teenager.

My dad just called the dealer because he no longer responded to my telephone number.

It's just folly.

I do not speak anymore about it. I see that is vain and I run the risk of being taken for a fool.

If you cancel this forum, I would be very grateful.

Thank You for your time. Bye

Dave, I don’t think anyone here remotely thinks you are a fool or foolish. And, there is nothing wrong with being young and having your dad in on the process. I have two sons, ages 34 and 32 and I still go to bat for them if need be. smile

As far as this thread being folly or in vane, I don’t view it as such myself, but I do think that only the dealer or manufacturer are in a position to solve the issues and problems with your piano.

Norbert has shown an interest in your situation and has offered helpful information in an effort to resolve the problems. According to him, the manufacturer is already aware of your situation and a dialog of communication is in motion.

I do wish for you the best possible outcome regarding your piano.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,152
Members111,629
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission