Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1896281 - 05/13/12 04:58 PM As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications
Davehammerklavier Offline

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#1896294 - 05/13/12 05:21 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oakland
You have way too much time on your hands!

#1896296 - 05/13/12 05:26 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: BDB]

Originally Posted By: BDB
You have way too much time on your hands!

Thank You!

Give me more and more wrong: it proves I'm right.

#1896298 - 05/13/12 05:28 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]
BDB Offline

No, it proves that you do not know which end of the piano to play!

#1896300 - 05/13/12 05:30 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]

Excuse me, but have I asked you something?

#1896301 - 05/13/12 05:30 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]
accordeur Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Québec, Canada
The blow distance is all over the place.

Musician, Tuner and Technician

www.actionpiano.ca

#1896304 - 05/13/12 05:34 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: accordeur]

Originally Posted By: accordeur
The blow distance is all over the place.

The technician said: "sorry, but I've never seen something like this in my life".

The strange aspect is that the friend of mine keyboard has the same problem on the same piano, they have just sawn better the wood .

This could only means that the factory have made wrong a complete stock of keyboards and "improvised" to make them work "the least worst".

#1896306 - 05/13/12 05:36 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]
accordeur Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Québec, Canada
You are completely wrong. There is nothing wrong with that action. Really.

Musician, Tuner and Technician

www.actionpiano.ca

#1896310 - 05/13/12 05:43 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]

It's just your opinion. (and without reading carefully what I 've said)

#1896313 - 05/13/12 05:45 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]
BDB Offline

Well, yes there is something wrong with it. The action has a unbalanced owner and an inept technician.

#1896314 - 05/13/12 05:46 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: BDB]

Originally Posted By: BDB
Well, yes there is something wrong with it. The action has a unbalanced owner and an inept technician.

No, I just put my hand on it to take the picture: the position was quite uncomfortable!

Think before speaking.

#1896316 - 05/13/12 05:48 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]
Norbert Offline

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
Dave:

Please allow me one quick question:

Brodmann has offered you on 2 separate occasions to send a company appointed technician to inspect the piano for you.
To best of my knowledge this was a tech directly from Vienna.

Why have you turned down these offers on both occasions?

Norbert

Edited by Norbert (05/13/12 05:50 PM)

#1896319 - 05/13/12 05:53 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]

It's very simple and quick:

- the first time I was very disappointed by the OFFICIAL distributor broken promises (of months):
I felt the factory offer just teasing

- the second time I said Yes, but no one have come. They said after "When he will be in Italy", not "We send you a technician".

I repeat: I'm nobody's fool.

#1896344 - 05/13/12 07:25 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]

I would like to clear up that:

- I've posted the picture with friendly/sharing intentions (not to prove something)

- I've nothing against the brand: I could sell my piano without problems at any time, but I don't

- I think they are superbly made and wrongly underrated pianos (that's why I bought it)

- I never write the brand name because I respect it (It's just some forumer behavior that makes hard feelings)

- it was not the End of the world: just a problem on a stupid piano keyboard

- Any factory gives replacement keyboard: it's normal

- The factory promised the keyboard: I was happy

- But no keyboard have come yet

- I'm in trouble

#1896358 - 05/13/12 08:17 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]

Due to the unexpected hard feelings happened here in the forum, I've forgotten from the start perhaps the most important things:

- the first ("famous" and very costly) technician I called, re-worked the keyboard in a so bad way that now it's simply worse than new

(surely was in need just a tuning intervention, but I waited for months and months and I was tired of waiting so I called a top technician by myself without asking nothing to other)

- I have denied the first factory offer also because they could not restore 15 days of laboratory work in a day or two

(If I have accepted, it would be not only vain, but also disrespectful in regard of the factory)

- But in "bona fide" I thought: "I've made the error: I pay for it"

- The request of a new price-charged keyboard was in my opinion the best way to not disturb anyone, just simple and quick.

You perhaps can finally see now that I'm just a student who can go wrong with words, but my feelings and intentions have ever been polite.

#1896379 - 05/13/12 08:46 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Davehammerklavier]
Norbert Offline

Quote:
- The request of a new price-charged keyboard was in my opinion the best way to not disturb anyone, just simple and quick.

Dave:

Your 'request' was in fact a custom order for an upgraded new Kluge keyboard, correct?

The price for this was to be Euro 2000, correct?

Norbert

#1896380 - 05/13/12 08:47 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Norbert]

Originally Posted By: Norbert
Quote:

Dave:

Your 'request' was in fact a custom order for an upgraded new Kluge keyboard, correct?

The price for this was to be Euro 2000, correct?

Norbert

Upgrade? Please, read my last message above: it answers to your question clearly.

#1896383 - 05/13/12 08:54 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Davehammerklavier]

The factory CEO has never spoken about price (just said "we pay the keyboards 700-800 euro normally) and he has been the first person who said me "kluge".

Apart from that, I cannot know and I cannot be responsible of the kind of requests/words/agreements the dealer asked to the factory in the period in which I was waiting without having direct contacts with the factory.

I have written to the factory very later about problems.

I have send just an e-mail to the factory before all the problems just to say "Thank you, your pianos are very beautiful and I'm very happy".

CEO answered "Thank you, you are welcome" and the matter ended there.

Only after the delivery the problems and the broken promises happened.

#1896391 - 05/13/12 09:11 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Davehammerklavier]
Norbert Offline

It was a German made Kluge keyboard you ordered?

Norbert

#1896395 - 05/13/12 09:14 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Davehammerklavier]

It's all complex, but I think that my intentions are quite clear now.

Perhaps the dealer (a very particular person who speaks a lot like a machine gun) said a lot of absurd things to the factory. I don't know.

I just remember that one time he said me: "A brodmann owner of a Brodmann of mine has a new renner action and it's great"...

Now that you have said "Upgrade" or "2000 euro", I'm starting to thing that in this matter there is much more the hand of the dealer than I have suppose...

#1896397 - 05/13/12 09:17 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Davehammerklavier]
Norbert Offline

Dave:

All I'm asking is if there was an arrangement made to get a new keyboard. The keyboard was to be made by Kluge in Germany and your cost was to be Euro 2000,00

This was agreed between you and Brodmann.

Is this correct?

Norbert

#1896403 - 05/13/12 09:24 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Norbert]

Dave:

All I'm asking is if there was an arrangement made to get a new keyboard. The keyboard was to be made by Kluge in Germany and your cost was to be Euro 2000,00

Is this correct?

Norbert

No, Norbert, it isn't.

When I have written by my hand to the factory, I have asked for a "replacement keyboard", without mentioning a particular keyboard factory brand (perhaps the dealer made that, but I don't) and without knowing whether it was possible.

And I remember that I have been surprised (not in the sense of "happy") when the CEO said: "We usually use Kluge keyboards and we pay 700-800 Euro for it" because Kluge it's not only for Artist series, but also I haven't asked for it directly.

I could suppose now that it's the dealer that has made some "messes" behind me, not the factory.

#1896407 - 05/13/12 09:32 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Davehammerklavier]

It was honestly incredible to me that a fine person like the factory CEO could made broken promises.

And now it all going to add up: the dealer has made perhaps a lot of strange things or requests in my name to the factory (it's in his own "style") making a great mess.

Frankly: whatever keyboard the factory could give me, I would be grateful.

I just want an un-reworked keyboard because those technicians "killed" my grand piano keyboard saying that it was cheap, bad worked and practically useless.

#1896409 - 05/13/12 09:42 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Davehammerklavier]

The factory chief technician last e-mail of March proves that we had not yet talked about price or anything else:

Dear Davide,

Christian has forwarded me your mail.

Don't worry we haven't forgotten you! Your keyboard has been ordered and I spoke with Kluge last week
at Frankfurt. They are working flat out at the moment and have some back orders to get through before they
can do yours, so we must be patient a while longer.

As soon as I have more details, like the final price including shipping, then I will send them to you.

Where would you like the keyboard sent to? Please let me know the shipping address and a telephone number
as well please.

I will keep in touch and let you know more soon.

With best regards,

Colin.

#1896420 - 05/13/12 10:06 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]
scepticalforumguy Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lower Mainland, BC
Originally Posted By: Davehammerklavier
It's very simple and quick:

- the first time I was very disappointed by the OFFICIAL distributor broken promises (of months):
I felt the factory offer just teasing

- the second time I said Yes, but no one have come. They said after "When he will be in Italy", not "We send you a technician".

I repeat: I'm nobody's fool.

Hi Dave,

Nobody is calling you a fool. I would think that Brodmann should have sent a tech out by now. That seems to be a big disappointment. Maybe Norbert can get the guy to come quicker?

It just seems absurd that if you've had a faulty keyboard and maybe other issues, that no one can help you if the local distributor is not useful.

What else can be done?

#1896422 - 05/13/12 10:08 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Norbert]
scepticalforumguy Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lower Mainland, BC
Dave:

Is this correct?

Norbert

Norbert, is this normal? Why can't his keyboard be replaced if it was faulty, even after he tried to get a number of techs to fix it? Is Brodmann unaware of the problem somehow? Or is it that since the other techs got involved they (Brodmann) feel that they are no longer responsible?

#1896423 - 05/13/12 10:11 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Davehammerklavier]
Norbert Offline

Dave said this:

Quote:
- the first ("famous" and very costly) technician I called, re-worked the keyboard in a so bad way that now it's simply worse than new

Did Brodmann accept this "worse than new" keyboard replacement request from you as a warranty claim?

Why then was there mentioning of a price to you at all?

Norbert

Edited by Norbert (05/13/12 10:23 PM)

#1896428 - 05/13/12 10:20 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Norbert]

What I don't understand is why Dave had earlier agreed to pay anything for a keyboard that was not the same as in his piano.

How did this come about?

Norbert

Because I EVER WANTED FOR AN ORIGINAL KEYBOARD FOR MY GRAND PIANO.

(HOW can I say something if you understand something else?)

PLEASE: read again my words above and after (if possibile, if you want, if you can) try to help me because I'm desperate.

#1896431 - 05/13/12 10:27 PM Re: As promised... Keyboard pictures and clarifications [Re: Davehammerklavier]
Norbert Offline

Quote:
(HOW can I say something if you understand something else ever?)

Because the accounts given to me what really happened here are very different from yours.

Obviously one needs to hear from those directly involved in the conversations that were going on between all parties - you're only being the one part.

Regretfully I can't help in this case any longer.

God knows I tried....

Norbert frown

Edited by Norbert (05/13/12 10:28 PM)

#1896432 - 05/13/12 10:27 PM Re: Don't say it's normal... [Re: Norbert]

Dave said this:

Quote:

Did Brodmann accept this "worse than new" keyboard replacement request as a warranty claim? Why then was there mentioning of a price to you?

Norbert

Because I ASKED PERSONALLY TO PAY THE NEW KEYBOARD FOR A MATTER OF RESPECT, FOR PREVENTING THE DANGER OF BEING REGARDED AS A NUISANCE (they are very busy people) AND REMOVE THE POSSIBILITY OF MORE WASTING OF TIME.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai Grand Feel Let-off
by Beemer
10/02/14 10:57 AM
baldwin 2nd hand
by johan d
10/02/14 09:44 AM
a steinway rebuilt and a mason hamlin rebuilt
by koap
10/02/14 09:27 AM
Chopin Étude No 12 in C minor, Op 10 'Revolutionary'
by Maximillyan
10/02/14 09:25 AM
Sustaining vs Dead On Unison
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
10/02/14 08:48 AM
Who's Online
131 registered (AndresD, anotherscott, ajames, accordeur, Alexander Borro, 38 invisible), 1601 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76399 Members
42 Forums
157949 Topics
2319580 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission