Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1898033 - 05/16/12 01:58 PM Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher
Dan Starr Offline

Loc: Tucson, Arizona, USA
Want to know how to use your digital piano or portable keyboard? I've taught these things for 24 years, as well as performed with them extensively. Chances are I can help. Cost? ZERO. I just want to help.

(ads) Sweetwater / PR /Roland
Kawai Superb Stage Piano and Controller

Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano

Click Here

#1898041 - 05/16/12 02:12 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
maclum Offline

Hi I receiving my first DP next Monday Casio ap620 it would be great to get your advice on what I can focus on with the kids during before we get a teacher. We are not going start formal lessons until after the school break. I had some formal acoustic piano training when I was a kid.

Edited by maclum (05/16/12 02:27 PM)

#1898046 - 05/16/12 02:21 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Dan Starr Offline

Here would be my best call:

1. You've got time so find a teacher that actually knows and loves digital instruments. They have a ton of things going for them, such a built in metronome, ability to record practices and then play back to see how you did, etc. If possible, don't take any teacher that only knows the "blacks and whites." Although that's the first "set of controls" there is a second set and that's the other things any digital can do. Your best instructor will know and be able and willing to teach BOTH sets of controls. Naturally, they will begin with piano but not stop there - there are many other things a digital can do IF you know how to make it speak!

2. Meanwhile, let your kids (and you, of course!) "mess around" with the instrument. Especially useful are the different "sounds" ("tones" in "Casio-speak") which represent all the different instruments. Most music theory books talk about the four "elements" of music: rhythm, melody, harmony, and tone color. This last is where the digital shines. The world's best piano still only sounds like a piano, a single tone color. Not so with a digital. Learn one instrument and know how all the others sound.

#1898081 - 05/16/12 03:48 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
BrokenChord Offline

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: Dan Starr
Here would be my best call:

1. You've got time so find a teacher that actually knows and loves digital instruments. They have a ton of things going for them, such a built in metronome, ability to record practices and then play back to see how you did, etc. If possible, don't take any teacher that only knows the "blacks and whites." Although that's the first "set of controls" there is a second set and that's the other things any digital can do. Your best instructor will know and be able and willing to teach BOTH sets of controls. Naturally, they will begin with piano but not stop there - there are many other things a digital can do IF you know how to make it speak!

What?!

Did you really just advise someone to not take a teacher that only has experience with acoustics?

#1898085 - 05/16/12 03:55 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Dan Starr Offline

What I said was taken out of context. Read it again for the full picture. And then chill out. It's only music.

#1898096 - 05/16/12 04:16 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
BrokenChord Offline

I read you loud and clear. A lot of piano teachers don't have experience with digitals and really aren't interested in them. I think its absolutely foolish to tell someone not to pursue a teacher that wont be able to teach you how to unlock all the capabilities of your digital.

#1898123 - 05/16/12 04:47 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Dan Starr Offline

You keep harping on something you think I said but did NOT. Let me make it clear for you. The person asking me for help has an entire summer to search for the BEST teacher for his kids. I simply told him that finding a teacher who can teach both the keyboard aspects (the "blacks and whites") and the digital stuff would be BEST. That way, when it comes time to learn the rest of the instrument, there won't be a need to change instructors. That is a huge distance from me telling him to NOT take any teacher that can't do teach both. I didn't do that.

Hope he reads better than you do.

#1898153 - 05/16/12 05:21 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
maclum Offline

Thanks for the response, are the following functions useful and how should they be used with the kids, some are in our existing yamaha keyboard and might or might not be in the casio.

Yamaha Educations Suite
Performance assistance
Duet
Rhythms/Auto-Accompaniment

any others???

#1898172 - 05/16/12 05:47 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
R Jay Offline

If possible, don't take any teacher that only knows the "blacks and whites."

I don't think BrokenChord has any problems reading your post. You don't say "it would be best to find..."

#1898181 - 05/16/12 06:07 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Dan Starr Offline

maclum,

You are quite welcome, which is more than I can say for the horrified few who seem to haunt this thread.

I went back and re-read your initial post and did not find any mention of a "current Yamaha keyboard" so not sure what you have in that regard.

As for the various features, here's my take (at the risk of pissing off somebody else who is just looking for trouble!) Obviously, there's much more that could be said here about each feature but I'll simply write a short paragraph about each. You are welcome to contact me privately for more info.

Yamaha Educations Suite

...I've yet to see any keyboard manufacturer that cares about anything other than selling as many keyboards as possible. Thus, I never take anything educational they say for real. Did you know that Yamaha USED to "default" to whichever sound they were just using? However, the marketing boys found that defaulting to a piano sound sold more instruments.

Performance assistance

...In the interest of sales, Yamaha, Casio, and everyone else I know of, put as much stuff on their instruments in the hopes of appealing to more buyers. This created other troubles, such as people not knowing what all that crap did. "Performance Assistant" is an attempt to handle this new problem. As such, it kinda fails. Better if everyone making music knows something about how music is made. That was the source, by the way, of my first "get some teacher who knows all about it" recommendation.

Duet

This is a means of sounding more than one tone at once. It's damn useful for creating great sounds, such as piano + strings. And if you have 10 sounds on the keyboard, then the TOTAL number of sounds ("voices" in Yamaha-speak) is 10 factorial. That's a lot. And there is something to know about how to combine them. Of course, you can use "Trial and Error."

Rhythms/Auto-Accompaniment

Now I think this is critical. If you want to know chords and are used to hearing songs with a full accompaniment, then this part of the keyboard is vital. Of course, those that only play classical piano won't need this. However, everyone should know it in addition - at least I think so. The topic is a bit complex and only someone who can teach it well should. Again, my recommendation for a teacher.

Now one thing you could tell me which would assist my efforts in explaining here is what instruments you have, are getting, etc.

#1898215 - 05/16/12 07:06 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: R Jay]
BrokenChord Offline

Originally Posted By: R Jay

I don't think BrokenChord has any problems reading your post. You don't say "it would be best to find..."

He has selective vision. Don't bother. The OP clearly has a problem comprehending the stupidity of his own statement...

#1898257 - 05/16/12 08:39 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: BrokenChord]
ChrisA Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Redondo Beach, California
Originally Posted By: BrokenChord

Did you really just advise someone to not take a teacher that only has experience with acoustics?

I think that is reasonable advice. If you own a digital keyboard you should find a teacher who knows digital keyboards. The goal I assume is to learn to play the instrument you own not one you never will own.

#1898263 - 05/16/12 08:47 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Dan Starr Offline

Thank you, Chris. I surely appreciate the understanding.

#1898299 - 05/16/12 09:42 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: BrokenChord]
Keegan Offline

Loc: Canada (Ottawa, ON)
Originally Posted By: BrokenChord
Originally Posted By: R Jay

He has selective vision. Don't bother. The OP clearly has a problem comprehending the stupidity of his own statement...

Uh oh, do we have another argumentative long winded thread brewing here? Obviously the OP means well and is not intending to steer anyone in the wrong direction, BUT I will agree with BrokenChord on the grounds that the quote "If possible, don't take any teacher that only knows the "blacks and whites."" does come across as a little bit of a loaded statement.

#1898345 - 05/16/12 10:59 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
LesCharles73 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Denton Texas
To me it sounds like the OP is not only giving advice on finding a teacher who can teach you how to play the instrument, but also how to use the instrument. If that is the goal, it would sound logical to me to find someone a little more 'contemporary'. Possibly someone who plays or programs synths for pit orchestras and bands. There are definitely those out there who just program keyboards for a living.

The kind of teacher you look for (or even limit yourself to) should be dictated by your goals. Do you just want to play piano or do you want to get under the hood and program? You definitely want the correct teacher for the latter because believe me, they get a lot more complicated than the CP5 wink.

Edited by LesCharles73 (05/16/12 11:00 PM)

#1898362 - 05/16/12 11:37 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: LesCharles73]
Keegan Offline

Loc: Canada (Ottawa, ON)
Originally Posted By: LesCharles73

The kind of teacher you look for (or even limit yourself to) should be dictated by your goals.

It doesn't get any more true than this...after all, what do I pay a teacher for? To help ME do what I want to do!

#1898363 - 05/16/12 11:38 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Jerseydevil Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Dan, Thanks for offering to help with this. Not to start a flame war, but I did note that you had qualified your suggestion about choosing an instructor with "if possible."

I've only been taking lessons for about six weeks, and no, my teacher does not know anything about the workings of my Kawai CA63. But I am so pleased with her instruction that it's a non-issue right now and as time passes I hope to figure out some of the bells and whistles as I go along.

So, since you're offering to help, I have two requests. Perhaps you can offer some advice on the integration of third party software with a DP. (Just the basics, please).

And yes, I'd love some advice on a nice set of headphones. I'm perilously close to ordering a pair of Sennheiser 598s, but before I do that I was hoping for some guidance on the advantages of open vs closed headphones and how the 598s stack up against comparable headphones. Thanks again!

#1898369 - 05/16/12 11:46 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: LesCharles73]
maclum Offline

Originally Posted By: LesCharles73
To me it sounds like the OP is not only giving advice on finding a teacher who can teach you how to play the instrument, but also how to use the instrument. If that is the goal, it would sound logical to me to find someone a little more 'contemporary'. Possibly someone who plays or programs synths for pit orchestras and bands. There are definitely those out there who just program keyboards for a living.

The kind of teacher you look for (or even limit yourself to) should be dictated by your goals. Do you just want to play piano or do you want to get under the hood and program? You definitely want the correct teacher for the latter because believe me, they get a lot more complicated than the CP5 wink.

Thanks!!!!! that is the point that I was responding to, as a parent, this is not about which is better, DP vs AP, I want my kids to be able to fully utilize the functionality of the DP, and therefore need a teacher who is capable and motivated to do that.

#1898549 - 05/17/12 09:57 AM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Dan Starr Offline

First, thanks to all folks who understood what I was recommending. No, this is not a AP vs. DP "which is better" rant - just answered what I thought would help the maclum the most.

Now to answer JerseyDevil's questions, sorta. I say "sorta" cause without knowing more specifics about the "third party software" or how you wish to integrate it into your DP I can't comment. Of course, I do have SOME feedback - which is that I far prefer to not use 3P software if I can help it. For example, I would much rather record on the DP directly rather than on the computer. Fewer cables and a shorter learning curve. Another point is that this can get expensive if you allow it to.

Ditto on the headphones. It's a personal choice, as headphones are simply small speakers that fit around the ears. I've known "audiophiles" who will pay tons for a very small improvement (to them as too often others can't hear any difference.) That's their choice. I will add one advantage and one drawback I have noticed with my students regarding this idea of headphone usage.

1. Advantage-When the instrument is located where others are constantly using the space the headphones sometimes allow practice to occur.
2. Drawback - Those that use headphones constantly don't do well in lessons when a teacher, who is an authority figure in their minds, is listening.

I advise such folks that they have to get used to someone listening at least sometimes.

Also, your choice of which headphones to choose would be a balance between what you can afford and what you prefer. You likely already knew that. Still, I can't choose for you, since I'm NOT you!

Now one thing you did not mention but which came to mind as I read your post - you have a good teacher and that's great. You hope to figure out other items from the keyboard. You can do that two ways - either through experimentation or more quickly through reading the quick start section of your manual. Much of the manual is simply reference but there are usually two sections that apply broadly - the "Quick Start" sections and whatever your company is calling the basics, the "operating system" of that DP.

As always one can email me directly for more info. I should also say that all honest questions will be answered in 24 hours but insults will be deleted.

Edited by Dan Starr (05/17/12 09:58 AM)

#1898556 - 05/17/12 10:07 AM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Bob Newbie Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I think Dan is creating a new piano teacher category.."digital piano teacher"
sort of if you have/play a digital piano I'm your man! smile

#1898596 - 05/17/12 11:21 AM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Dan Starr Offline

Just a bit of reaction here. You can disregard if you wish.

I offer to help and get flamed by certain folk. "They" could simply have decided I was an idiot and therefore not worthy of consideration. They didn't do this.

They could have decided to ignore what I say. No.

They could have realized that any person is simply writing from their experience. Nope.

They could have asked, "What leads you to believe this?" and at the very least learned something, even if only that their experience was better, more realistic, etc. Naw.

What they choose to do, however, is write for all the other people who obviously read these posts. I can see the front page of this and know there are a lot of these folk who are sometimes called "lurkers." Allow me to apologize to any such that are still reading this. Since I don't take kindly to those who insult me (I sometimes call it "taking a dump on my living room floor") I insult back.

However, I also offer help - to those that want it. And the price is right, I must say.

#1898632 - 05/17/12 12:30 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Kbeaumont Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: Dan Star
Duet

This is a means of sounding more than one tone at once. It's damn useful for creating great sounds, such as piano + strings. And if you have 10 sounds on the keyboard, then the TOTAL number of sounds ("voices" in Yamaha-speak) is 10 factorial. That's a lot. And there is something to know about how to combine them. Of course, you can use "Trial and Error."

Don't want to wade into the argument but I found this completely wrong. You seem to be describing zones and layers. Yet Duet mode in the 2 keyboards I have sets a split to the same key range and sound. This allows 2 players to share the keyboard and play in the same range. Its useful for teaching and playing 'rounds' like "Frère Jacques " for example where the second player starts after the first playing the same melody.

Edited by Kbeaumont (05/17/12 12:32 PM)

#1898634 - 05/17/12 12:31 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
BrokenChord Offline

Just a bit of reaction here. You can disregard if you wish.

I offer to help and get flamed by certain folk. "They" could simply have decided I was an idiot and therefore not worthy of consideration. They didn't do this.

They could have decided to ignore what I say. No.

They could have realized that any person is simply writing from their experience. Nope.

They could have asked, "What leads you to believe this?" and at the very least learned something, even if only that their experience was better, more realistic, etc. Naw.

What they choose to do, however, is write for all the other people who obviously read these posts. I can see the front page of this and know there are a lot of these folk who are sometimes called "lurkers." Allow me to apologize to any such that are still reading this. Since I don't take kindly to those who insult me (I sometimes call it "taking a dump on my living room floor") I insult back.

However, I also offer help - to those that want it. And the price is right, I must say.

Excuse me? I NEVER insulted you. I asked you a question about your statement...a statement which even you did not fully understand after you wrote it. A few people agreed with me that it WAS a loaded statement and instead of fixing what you said, you decided to talk to me like I was a child and question my comprehension skills..so yes, I said you have selective vision and that your statement was stupid.

Instead of being silly childish and referring to me as "they" you could have addressed me directly. I don't have a problem with anybody here but obviously you are sitting on some high horse..you are not that important, there are tons of people on this forum giving DP advice.

Get over yourself.

Finding a piano teacher that can teach you how to use your DP is not that important. I don't think it should be a deciding factor in whether or not you choose somebody. I own a DP and my teacher only uses acoustics. She actually hates digitals. I am there to learn the MUSIC. I am not trying to learn how to play around with my DP. I can do that at home. So, as a DP owner, I had a problem immediately with your advice. If you don't know how to deal with it, then ask me what the problem is. Don't talk to me like I'm stupid.

#1898666 - 05/17/12 01:52 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Kbeaumont]
Dan Starr Offline

What keyboards do you have? You don't say. I will tell you that "Duet" often means exactly what I said it does. I'm going to assume that the original poster reads everything, including his manual which will define this term for him. That's important, as you have one definition and I have another. Neither matters much, just what his keyboard defines it as.

#1898672 - 05/17/12 02:05 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: BrokenChord]
Dan Starr Offline

Hey, I gotta ask you, Broken Chord - how do you know I was even talking about YOU? Of course, not being a child I do believe I already know the answer. However, perhaps not and you'll enlighten us all.

There has been a number of folks who have dissed me here (as well as a number who asked for help) and you were just one of them. If I meant just YOU I'd have used the pronoun "he." As you are the only nasty who has responded, I'll now start using this new pronoun, but only when flame-warring.

Not sure why he dislikes me offering to help, for free, no less...one can only speculate.

Why do I keep responding? Simple - I don't suffer fools gladly. However, I suspect that this will be my final post on this NON-issue. Let's both find something more useful to do. You can think what you want, I'll think what I want, and any reader can think what they want. And, as always, I offer any help I can for no money. If you don't want it, then quit listening and posting. I know that's what I'm going to do.

#1898684 - 05/17/12 02:19 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Phlox Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
My Piano teacher just teaches me to .... play the Piano smile

For operating my DP I have a Manual smile

Edited by Phlox (05/17/12 02:22 PM)

#1898692 - 05/17/12 02:36 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Kbeaumont Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan Star
What keyboards do you have? You don't say. I will tell you that "Duet" often means exactly what I said it does. I'm going to assume that the original poster reads everything, including his manual which will define this term for him. That's important, as you have one definition and I have another. Neither matters much, just what his keyboard defines it as.

PX-330 - "Duet Mode makes this instrument perfect for lessons
In addition to the excellent keyboard action and piano sound, the Privia PX-330 is the perfect instrument for music education. Featuring Casio's Duet mode, the keyboard can be split into two equal ranges, allowing student and teacher to play at the keyboard simultaneously. "

The other one is a very old yamaha PSR that I don't remember the model it did the same thing as the casio.

In fact a google search revealed nothing like you described anywhere Link

What is your reference if it often means as you say?

du·et/d(y)o͞oˈet/
Noun: A performance by two people, esp. singers, instrumentalists, or dancers.
Verb: Perform a duet.
Synonyms: duetto - duo

Edited by Kbeaumont (05/17/12 02:37 PM)

#1898696 - 05/17/12 02:42 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Dan Starr Offline

The problem with just learning to play piano is that piano (and all sounds produced by vibrating strings) tend to die away. However, sounds produced by vibrating columns of air do not. This means that you have to play more notes on the any instrument that either uses vibrating strings (except violin, cello, etc. where you can keep the stimulation of the string constant) or sounds like it does. If you don't you will lose the sounds.

The entire point is that a manual can tell you how to push buttons. That's a good thing. What it cannot tell you is how to use those sustaining sounds. They may be triggered by a key but they don't work the same way. Those readers that have played the organ (as I have) know exactly what I mean.

Thus there are three general categories of knowledge involved:

1. Playing the keys, the blacks and whites,
2. Pushing the buttons, a Manual can tell you this
3. Knowing about music other than piano playing. For that you need additional education (is it any wonder so few seek it out?)

Want to experience what I mean? Try a sound like "slow strings" or even better one of the pads where you have to hold the key down a bit to give the sound the time to develop. You play that like a piano (quick notes) and it simply won't work. There isn't any sound for the simple reason that there isn't any time for the sound to get made.

Of course, if all you ever do with your DP is use the piano sound you are fine.

#1898708 - 05/17/12 02:56 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Kbeaumont]
Dan Starr Offline

Perhaps I should have been more specific or even insisted on the poster being more specific. "Duet" is not "Dual" which is what my brand new Yamaha DGX 640 calls a layer. I checked that out right now as this instrument is about three feet from me.

I really don't feel like taking the trouble to analyze your Privia right now. I always encourage reading the manual which would clarify whatever term a particular manufacturer uses.

Still, it would have been nice if you had simply said that on your keyboards this means something else. Perhaps you didn't mean to make it so but your tone was quite antagonistic and continues to be. "What is your reference?" you ask, rather than imply stating what you have found to be true.

Hey, I'm just trying to help. Like any other imperfect person (and I suspect that's everyone on Earth!) I sometimes get it wrong. At least I'm not charging for my services and, as such, they can be discounted by any thinking person. Making up one's own mind is part of being an adult. At least I've always seen it that way, since I became one!

#1898725 - 05/17/12 03:23 PM Re: Free Digital Help Available from a Digital Piano Teacher [Re: Dan Starr]
Kbeaumont Offline

You may be trying to help but giving wrong advice is not helping.
From this Keyboard Magazine article it first defines terms the feature duet is listed
Quote:
4. DUET MODE

What It Does

Splits the keyboard in the middle with identical note ranges on either side.

Benefit

Lets student and teacher sit side by side and play the same part in the same range, as opposed to octaves apart.

Had you not assured me that you were right in your response without any proof other than you say so, that would have not elicited my next post.

Now you mention 'dual' mode which is not the same thing.

So if your trying to help, try to be correct and when your called on it at the very very least admit your mistake right away. There is no shame in answering "I don't Know!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (AB Forum Recital, alans, Abby Pianoman, 40 invisible), 1523 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156319 Topics
2295795 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hoping for some suggestions/starting point for home keyboard
by Kubla
07/31/14 10:00 PM
Brass
by Retsacnal
07/31/14 09:28 PM
Old Wurlitzer (circa 1940s) baby grand, Worth Picking Up?
by Paul678
07/31/14 07:31 PM
Piano software without sheet music
by OneSixty
07/31/14 06:05 PM
Transcribing Music
by Tigero
07/31/14 05:31 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission