2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
55 members (beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, Carey, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 10 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 253 of 370 1 2 251 252 253 254 255 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks for posting this, Griffin.. really love this song. smile

Dancing in the moonlight, everybody's feeling warm and bright...

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
While we're in a dancin' mood

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
And of course ...

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
In the night I woke up and there was a ghostly presence in the toilet, fearing it may be the burger eating king himself , I took a step backwards.

It wasnt elvis after all, it was in fact much worse, it was robin glibb singing along to a jazz bagpiper. I may never go to the toilet again in the night regardless of my lack of colostomy bag and cathetar.

Once when I was much younger and not so scathing of 90.4 percent of humanity I got given a heeby jeebies ticket for one of their extremely inexpensive concerts that helped pay for their humble monklike lifestyles.The value of the ticket was only $400

I swapped it with a friend for a free cult indoctrination pass that allowed me acccess in to he cults headquarters somehwere in the woods in Hungary.

This is where the medieval fortress is that they have built for the duel purpose of keeping "ordinary" folk out ( like us) and keeping the "specials" in.

When I say "the specials" I dont mean that most excellent band of the same name, I mean the "chosen ones"

Allthough on the surface this may sound like I got the worst part of the deal, the cult recognised that I was just a little to vulnerable for their purposes what with nearly getting to see the heeby jeebies play live an all, so they just detuned me some and let me go back to wales without the usual woo woo happening first.

I was lucky, there are others who havent been so fortunate, so I am now even more gratefull for the small things in life ( like prince say, but not Tom Cruise because he was indoctrinated by scientolgy which shows he had a weak mind and should therefore have watched the heeby jeebies instead.)

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hey CaptainKawai! Thanks for the Dave Brubeck. I haven't heard him in years. What a coincidence that you were posting that saxophonist just as was about to post one of my saxophonists, Grover Washington, Jr.

Here is "Can You Stop the Rain."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Rossy, what are you eating before going to bed? What is in the food that brings about such dreams? There's a research project for you! grin

Now I must admit that initially the thought of jazz bagpipes does not sound very appealing to me, though i enjoy jazz. However, you've gotten me curious enough to perhaps do a little research on this. I am so sure that you'll want to hear more! I'll get back to you on that...someday! laugh

Anyways, what have you been listening to lately? Isn't it high time that you share? If you do, you might stop dreaming about Robin Gibbs.

I'll be right back with one more posting.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I have time for one more posting. Here is B.B. King with ""Caldonia". Have a good day!

Carl

R
R
Originally Posted by griffin2417
Anyways, what have you been listening to lately? Isn't it high time that you share? If you do, you might stop dreaming about Robin Gibbs.

Seriously, Rossy, if you hate Robin Gibbs so badly then just stop thinking and writing long post related to him. You're actually making him unforgettable when people here are about to forget him laugh

Please, it's long enough since you haven't shared any music with us. What about the celebrated Sunday DID? What about your own compositions - the next project of 'Rostosky's 13th Crystal Skull Project'?

my new piano was just delivered ... it sounds not quite right for some reason

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Very funny video, KeysAngler, I love Laurel and Hardly, amazing comedians.

Rossy, your story has reminded me the Devil's Sonata. I hope you didn’t get inspired to play the bagpipe.

This evening I’ve been listening to the fourth symphony by Dvorak. I always feel optimistic when I hear Dvorak’s music. I encourage listening to the whole symphony, here’s a sample, the third movement.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Legally, as a member of the commonwealth, I am obliged to root for the mother country, who, I must say, made a rather brave choice with Mr. Humperdinck (even if, by Pop music standards, the song is fairly mediocre - yet, and surprisingly enough, still a cut above most of the junk presented in the contest).

I find it hard to beleive that the same Empire (England is still and empire, right?) who gives us the likes of Coldplay, Adele, and S-Club7, and basically invented the enitre genre of Pop music, could not do better than this. Are they just teasing the other countries? Saying, "even our worst Pop is good enough to beat your hackneyed, overproduced, poorly written, bosom filled, lip injected, greasy, wanna-be famous, clap-trap."

Nope, I simply won't stand for this! Lock me in the Tower if you must. But this competition exemplifies bad song writing at its finest and I won't have any of it!

(In protest) I say: GO RUSSIA!

Not because the grannies are awesome (which they are), but because Russia should be applauded for not pretending to take this frightful competition seriously.

Though I do think a honorable mention should go to Montenegro. Rambo Amadeus is pretty damn brilliant.

As a final point I would just like to say: WTF Ireland?

(catchy tune though)

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Griffin. Great stuff. I learnt to lay lead guitar by copying BB King (then later Clapton). Caldonia and this one were my favourites.

PS my Choral Masterpieces CD arrived yesterday ...

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
1. Rupak, you have found your voice...
2. PPP : ROFL
3. OT: McDonald's is official sponsor of summer Olympics in London (will start new thread)
4. Notable birthdays today: Stevie Nicks (64- wow!), Helena Bonham Carter (45).

Few years old, but fun song to kick off the (American) holiday weekend:

Last edited by piano joy; 05/26/12 09:42 AM.

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

R
R
A bit of fusion with John McLaughlin, Zakir Hussain et al.:
Jazzy...
[video:youtube]pzq5n9vb-pU[/video]

Relaxing...
[video:youtube]97aYrOzJn1U[/video]

R
R
Oops, forgot to do a little research before posting these; just found that Griffin has already introduced Shakti here. Anyway, I'm lucky that these particular pieces haven't been posted. So, Griffin, these are for you smile

Psst, Griffin, I saw in one of your previous posts mentioning Pandit Ravi Shankar. I've a huge collection of various Indian Classical musics. If you and/or anybody here are interested I can post some, as I'm always hesitated awfully to post Indian Classical musics here smile

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by Rupak Bhattacharya
Oops, forgot to do a little research before posting these; just found that Griffin has already introduced Shakti here. Anyway, I'm lucky that these particular pieces haven't been posted. So, Griffin, these are for you smile

Psst, Griffin, I saw in one of your previous posts mentioning Pandit Ravi Shankar. I've a huge collection of various Indian Classical musics. If you and/or anybody here are interested I can post some, as I'm always hesitated awfully to post Indian Classical musics here smile

Rupak, don't be hesitant! I'd be very interested in hearing your Indian Classical music.

Sandy

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rupak Bhattacharya

Rupak, I would also be thrilled to hear Indian Classical music!! please don't hold back. This forum is one of the few outlets I have for learning about all kinds of music I've never been exposed to.

For example, Recaredo has exposed us to flamenco and fandango. I truly appreciate these exchanges of music. That's what I love about this thread!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CaptainKawai
Griffin. Great stuff. I learnt to lay lead guitar by copying BB King (then later Clapton). Caldonia and this one were my favourites.

PS my Choral Masterpieces CD arrived yesterday ...

Thanks so much for this CaptainK. You can't go wrong with BB King and Eric Clapton! I also hope you are enjoying your Choral Masterpieces CD.

Carl

Last edited by KeysAngler; 05/27/12 07:17 AM.
R
R
Thanks a lot Sandy and Griffin for showing interest in Indian Classical music. I personally believe that a really good music doesn't respect nationality. Music has its own language which is universal to all music lovers.

Anyway, it's almost Griffin's time for Sunday classical. So I'd post only one (though it's long enough, usually Indian classical musics are longer than this). OK, let's start with Pandit Ravi Shankar since he's been already mentioned here.

As many of you may know, Indian classical musics are based on Raga. I won't elaborate it as Wikipedia is always there to help. The following performance of Ravi Shankar is on raga Parameshwari which was created by Ravi Shankar himself. The first part consists of Alaap (slow introductory improvisations, characterizing the raga), Jor (medium-tempo) and Jhala (fast). This part is rhythmically free. The second part is fixed in a rhythm and is accompanied by a Tabla. This part is called Bandish. A Bandish may also have Vilambit (slow-tempo), Madhyalaya (medium-tempo) and Drut (fast-tempo) variations.
[video:youtube]Su0BB6cEcww[/video]

Page 253 of 370 1 2 251 252 253 254 255 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission