2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
51 members (20/20 Vision, 36251, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 8 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 256 of 370 1 2 254 255 256 257 258 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rupak, thanks for your detailed post on “ICM”, you have a huge knowledge about this music.

And thanks for your Sunday postings, KeysAngler and Griffin. Btw, I had never heard a septet with such combination of instruments (piano, strings and trumpet). I’ve loved it.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KeysAngler
My neighbors noisy dog kept me up last night ... I need a little something to perk me up ....

KeysAngler, thanks for the Oscar Peterson. He is such an excellent pianist! Do you have more?

Carl

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
So sorry I've not posted in awhile. I've been ridiculously busy at work and on top of that I'm trying to quit smoking. I find all of my energy spent trying NOT to think about cigarettes so, of course, I found this song:

I have been following this thread, though — keeps my mind off of things — and, Rupak, your music is AWESOME. Thanks so much for posting and for explaining it as well.

I assume Rossy is busy with Diamond Jubilee things.

Sandy

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P

Originally Posted by piRround
So sorry I've not posted in awhile. I've been ridiculously busy at work and on top of that I'm trying to quit smoking. I find all of my energy spent trying NOT to think about cigarettes so, of course, I found this song:

Sandy, if you try NOT to think about cigs, then that is ALL you will think about!

Think about...I don't know...a food or activity that turns you on!

smile

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
I know, I know, PJ! But if I think about food, I will eat and get fat(ter). But yes, I will try to think about other things.

Sandy

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by piRround
I know, I know, PJ! But if I think about food, I will eat and get fat(ter). But yes, I will try to think about other things.

No, no, no, think about broccoli and carrots and beets....or liver, ick !
I guarantee you won't gain weight, ha !

-the Beatles

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Sandy, I can definitely relate to what you're going through quitting smoking! It's been 22 years since I finally kicked the habit, and it wasn't easy. It was definitely worth it, however. Everyone has to find their own way to quit. There are no magical solutions. However, there are lots of great resources and support out there. Good luck!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Good morning! I've got time for one music offering before I head to work. Here is Herbie Hancock performing the. "Chameleon." Enjoy!

Carl

I've found that when a stressful situation dominates my thoughts a way to distract myself is to think about naked women ... don't laugh ... it's the one thing that works for me ... I learned this strategy from my cousin who used it while he was in combat ... having people shooting at you has got to be one of the most stressful situations to find oneself ...

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
I've found that when a stressful situation dominates my thoughts a way to distract myself is to think about naked women ... don't laugh ... it's the one thing that works for me ... I learned this strategy from my cousin who used it while he was in combat ... having people shooting at you has got to be one of the most stressful situations to find oneself ...

[blushing furiously]

Thank you for the suggestion!!

Also, thanks to Piano Joy and Griffin for your encouragement.

Love Herbie Hancock!!

Sandy

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P

Um, thanks, Keys.
Sandy, naked women would not work for me, how 'bout you? Oh, quit blushing already ! You need to come hang out on our beaches (or maybe in Europe ) , you'll get used to naked people right away!

smile

-the Beatles

Originally Posted by piano joy

Um, thanks, Keys.
Sandy, naked women would not work for me, how 'bout you? Oh, quit blushing already ! You need to come hang out on our beaches (or maybe in Europe ) , you'll get used to naked people right away!

smile

LOL ... well, maybe you could think about redecorating your house or remodeling the bath or somethng like that ... we don't have many beaches in the Keys but people wearing string bikinis in the supermarket is not uncommon here

Originally Posted by griffin2417
[quote=KeysAngler]
KeysAngler, thanks for the Oscar Peterson. He is such an excellent pianist! Do you have more?

Oh Yeah !!

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I'm still listening to these two gems you laid on me KeysAngler! FABULOUS! I am going to find some quiet time alone tonight with the head phones to finish it. Thank you!

I only have time for a couple of posts this morning. I'll return the favor to KeysAngler with this jam session with Billy Taylor and Ramsey Lewis - "The Blues"

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My final post is the Ramsey Lewis Trio performing "Wade in the Water". FYI, the YouTube poster labeled the song title incorrectly. Enjoy the rest of your day! Off to work I go!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Two things mainly:

1st thing: Absolutely no need to ever quit smoking, its wahat others want you to do, ignore them and relax from your stressfull life with as many ciggies as it takes to get you through this anxious life.
smoke as much as you want to, do not let others limit you to under 80 per day on a normal day when its not say too stressfull.

Try and help others to start smoking as you yourself was helped, do be fair and selfless in this seemingly thankless task.

smoking kills cancer cells. "what about folk who smoke who have died of cancer?" I hear you say, well its obvious really: They didnt smoke enough, probably got told to cut down by a do gooder or seemingly well wishing naysayer whilst the cancer needed maximum nicotine attack to kill it properly.

2nd thing.

nobody , ever, needs an excuse like giving up smoking to admit to thinking about naked women all the time.

I do this AND chain smoke, whats wrong with you?

and, a third thing: I had no interaction with anything "jubilee" whatsoever.
No party, no flag waving, no flag anything, no nationalistic iconography like a mug with the queens head on to drink fluids out of.
What I mean is a large cup ( mug) full of tea, and not drinking fluids out of the actual queens head , mainly in this instance because of the chance of infection and ingress of alien or lizard like DNA into my system, even though the nicotine should kill of any such rogue DNA, I dont want to chance it out of a sense of duty or royalist/upper class pride.

ANYWAYS, the old bat has suffered enough without my sarcasm, what with having to live a life of abject nun like poverty, eating gruel all day and only getting to kill one unwanted peoples princess openly.

If I paid taxes I would be very happy that some was used to raise her standard of living a little to elevate her from the slum like squalor of buckingham palace, whilst the rest of the country blatently live like lords at their own expense.( after tax)

Last edited by Rostosky; 06/06/12 01:34 PM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I smoke about ten cigars a day. Until now I haven’t thought of quitting smoking, but I believe this habit is extremely dangerous to health. Sorry, Rossy smile .

Coming back to music, I’ve listened to this amazing “Salve Regina” by Tomás Luis de Victoria this evening. I wanted to share it with you all.

K
K
Originally Posted by Rostosky

If I paid taxes I would be very happy that some was used to raise her standard of living a little to elevate her from the slum like squalor of buckingham palace, whilst the rest of the country blatently live like lords at their own expense.( after tax)

So you don't pay taxes?

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Kirch
Originally Posted by Rostosky

So you don't pay taxes?

Kirch, please identify yourself.
Are you a tax collector?
If yes, you must pay me the appropriate fee (taxes included) to post on this thread (Rossy appointed me as treasurer).

Last edited by piano joy; 06/07/12 05:37 PM.

-the Beatles

K
K
Yes, indeed I am a tax collector,

If Rossy is the type of parasite that is bleeding our country dry, I would be pleased to hear his defence....

Page 256 of 370 1 2 254 255 256 257 258 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission