Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1912945 - 06/13/12 04:12 PM Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190.
pleyel player Offline

Someone asked me to post pics of my Pleyel P190 so here they are. The resolution is not the best because I just snapped the pics quickly. As I understand, there is no importation of Pleyels here in the U.S.This is why many people here in the States are not familiar with this wonderful sounding piano. Please excuse me if i sound over the top with excitement but this is my dream piano!! To have one shipped here is very costly but luckily for me my dealer happened to have one.They are hand crafted in Paris France with a limited production of about 30 grands per year.Pleyel was the piano of choice for Chopin.

I am so excited about having this piano!!! I auditioned many high end pianos and this one won out for me. It has a velvety and brillant timbre.I also fell in love with the cabinet design.
Hope you all enjoy the pics.

Pics can be found at flickr photostream:

You will be able to click on the address below and go directly to the site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pleyelplayer/

Edited by pleyel player (06/13/12 04:14 PM)

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#1912951 - 06/13/12 04:21 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
it's loverly.. is that rosewood? it's gorgeous!

I clicked on the front on photo of the whole grand. is that inlayed wood or a reflection?

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1912962 - 06/13/12 04:38 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
ZoeCalgary Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Calgary Alberta
Congratulations!! It looks amazing!

#1912985 - 06/13/12 05:10 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
pleyel player Offline

HI APPLE. I am so glad you like it. It is mahogany.No it is not inlay but the veneers are designed a special way. From what i understand Pleyel pianos make limited editions.
The black strip going across the fall board is inlayed ebony. Wish you could see this piano in person as the pics.do not do it justice.All of the veneer is matched so precisely around the entire piano.However its touch and sound far surpasses its beauty.

#1912991 - 06/13/12 05:20 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
acortot Offline

Loc: Italy
wow.. looks fantastic

An Article on the unusual makeup of original Pleyel hammers, during Chopin's lifetime:

http://acortot.blogspot.it/2012/07/pleyel-hammers-in-chopin-era-i-martelli.html

Max DiMario

#1913008 - 06/13/12 05:53 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
thetandyman Offline

Loc: Indiana
That's a good looking piano, and I bet it really sings in that room with the hardwood floor. Hard to wait till work ends so you can come home and play it, I bet!

#1913023 - 06/13/12 06:17 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
Rod Verhnjak Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver B.C. Canada
Very nice.
I'm always happy to see people purchase something musical not just a name or others hype.
Also like to see that the movers positioned you caster properly!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!

Exclusive Dealer For Charles R. Walter Pianos
www.pianoman.ca
Verhnjak Pianos Facebook

#1913026 - 06/13/12 06:21 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
pianovoce Offline

Loc: New Orleans, LA
That is some fine design and veneer work. I look forward to some videos of it being played!

#1913049 - 06/13/12 06:55 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
Karl Watson Offline

Have to say it -

It’s absolutely GORGEOUS.

Did you buy this piano in the states ?

Is the scale and belly design similar to their older instruments, that is, the old firm or is this an entirely new instrument.

When I was a student in Paris c.1970, I worked very hard at a Pleyel that was about the size of an O or an L. I think it was pretty old as it was 85 notes and 2 pedals. I found it a very rewarding piano in almost every way. It was nothing like an American piano, with the possible exception of Knabe and not too like any German piano that I can think of, unless you count Bluthners from about the turn of the 19th century. It had a somewhat limited dynamic range, at least on the fortissimo end of things. One could play VERY softly and still have all kinds of colour and beauty to the tone. I remember the action being excellent. One thing stood out and that was the sheer QUALITY of its fit and finish. It was an old piano when I knew it and even with its numerous scratches and gouges, it was an impressive piece of furniture.

You've got a beauty there. Cherish it.

Karl Watson

#1913056 - 06/13/12 07:09 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
thetandyman Offline

Thanks to you, I finally discovered how to put a link to my photos. Thank you so much, and best always with your beautiful piano.

#1913092 - 06/13/12 08:15 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
Dave B Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia area
Piano looks new?

#1913093 - 06/13/12 08:15 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
Rickster Online   content

Loc: Georgia, USA
Wow, what a beautiful grand piano! Nice home too!

Congratulations!

Rick

#1913100 - 06/13/12 08:27 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
Bob Newbie Offline
1000 Post Club Member

All I can say is wow! what a finish! smile

#1913107 - 06/13/12 08:43 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
AJF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
gorgeous instrument. Pleyels are very rare in my neck of the woods. Enjoy it!

Edited by AJF (06/13/12 08:44 PM)

#1913108 - 06/13/12 08:44 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: Bob Newbie]
pleyel player Offline

Thanks so much for all of your wonderful comments!

Karl,I am so excited you know how wonderful the Pleyels are. I would have loved to have been a student in Paris! I am sooo glad you had such a wonderful experience with an older Pleyel!Yes my piano can whisper but still produce toned that are out of this world.

#1913120 - 06/13/12 09:11 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
pleyel player Offline

Karl,Yes i did buy the Pleyel here in the state s. It was truly a rare find. Pleyels are so rare in the states that i see they are not even rated in the Piano Buyer.The Pleyel company says it takes over 500 hrs to hand craft one grand. They produce about 30 grands a year.All of the veneers are ironed on by hand with what looks like a common household iron.I saw at one time a video that someone posted here about a tour they took to the Pleyel factory.

#1913140 - 06/13/12 09:51 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
Rich Galassini Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia/South Jersey
That is the interesting veneer work I referred to in your last thread. She is a beauty! Enjoy!

Who is your dealer? Where in The States did you find her?
Dir. Line (215) 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Get Cunningham Piano Email Updates

#1913143 - 06/13/12 09:54 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
thetandyman Offline

Do I see a locking lid knob? The woodwork is stupendous. What a beautiful piano. I hope it sounds as good as it looks, and brings you many years of happiness.

#1913147 - 06/13/12 10:31 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
RickG1 Offline

Loc: TX
Just a gorgeous piano! So rare here in the US.

#1913319 - 06/14/12 07:18 AM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
Rusty Fortysome Offline

Loc: USA
I wish people here would post audio (or video with audio) of their new pianos.

This isn't just a critique on you, but on nearly everyone that posts about their new pianos. There is always this slew of pictures of the fabulous items, many being complete art... in wood... but we really buy for the sound. Or so I assume, since this is a forum for piano players of all levels. Even if afraid to show off how horrid your playing is, I'd love to just hear the sounds of such pianos through an ascending scale of C or G or anything. Maybe the opening of a staple like Für Elise on all these pianos for comparison.

That Pleyel is a magnificent and rare item, regardless.
"Crazy Bone Rag"
"Claire DeLune (finally)"

#1913338 - 06/14/12 08:15 AM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
pianoloverus Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
Pleyel player:

Can you change the settings for your pictures so they can be downloaded? I wanted to save a few for desktop pictures.

#1913344 - 06/14/12 08:30 AM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pianoloverus]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Beautiful!

#1913355 - 06/14/12 09:05 AM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (orig. Nahant...
Congratulations Pleyel Player, beautiful piano!
Love the detail work, and the unusual music desk.

Enjoy!
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
And please invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!
Coming to Maine? We're in Parsonsfield (southwest) let's get together!

#1913358 - 06/14/12 09:15 AM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
Pianolance Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Congrats on that beautiful piano. I love the shape of the music desk and the ball detail on the top of the legs. Really stunning mahogany and an all around looker. If it plays anywhere near as nice as it looks it must be amazing. I love the French approach to piano manufacturing. Paris is the capitol of high fashion and design and that comes through in the design of this lovely piano. Not gaudy, but still highly stylish. Beautiful.

#1913529 - 06/14/12 04:15 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
pleyel player Offline

Rich, I purchased it at Atlantic Music in Florida. They were going to become distributors so they shipped him just one at first to put on the floor. I don't know what happened but i believe Pleyel had a fire and he was unable to get more so he decided not to go through with the venture. I believe this to be true but i could be wrong.He did tell me that now the only way to get one in the US would be to go to Paris,purchase one there and pay for the shipping back to the US.

Glad you like the veneers. All of the wood work is top notch. My piano tech. told me that "The soundboard and the tone and colors that come from this piano is extremely captivating." He said he thinks it is because of the type of spruce used to make the soundboard along with the unique design that produces the destinctive Pleyel sound. He called it Ciresa du Val de Flemme spruce from Italy. I did some research and found out this is the spruce A Stradivari personally chose to make his fascinating violins.

Sorry if i sound like a doting Father,(I know at times it can be unbecoming of one)but i am in love with my baby.

#1913533 - 06/14/12 04:30 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thanks Pleyel Player for posting pictures!

It has a nice different touch on many details - the balls in the legs, the shape of the music stand, the knob. Yes the photos do a bad job on the wood and overall quality but still it looks nice!

#1913547 - 06/14/12 05:00 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
VGrantano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
A few years back Pleyel was brought into the U.S.
I was the Piano Sales Mgr. of the importing company,
Geneva International. This is when they still had the factory in Ales, France. I had the pleasure of visiting
both the factory and the offices in Paris. I was also treated to a night at the Lido for dinner. But that's another story.The relationship ended. Shortly after
I retired. They tried to bring the piano in without a
importer, (I helped) but just never got off the ground.
Good luck with your Pleyel, I think it's a wonderful Piano.
One last thing, not only did Chopin have a Pleyel, His great love Georg Sand did too.

#1913564 - 06/14/12 05:30 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
Annitenth Offline

Loc: Texas
Beautiful! The music desk immediately caught my eye.

#1913716 - 06/14/12 10:23 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pleyel player]
pleyel player Offline

Pianoloverus,

RE: question: is there a block on your pics, and will you remove it so they can be copied?

I do not beleive I have a block on the pictures. I am new to flickr but will give you what I do know about coping photos from flickr. This procedure that I give here has worked for me when I saved pics before. When you double click on the picture it will open up in a new window. Right click on the picture and it will give you the option to download in various sizes to open the picture up in another window, choose your size and open. In that window you right click once again on the pic and you will have the option to save it.

If this does not work please let me know and I will look for another option.

Thanks,

Pleyelplayer

Below is from the help menu; it may be of help.

"FAQs you might find helpful (4)

Is there a way to share my whole photostream including Friends and Family photos?
Yes! First we should mention that the best way to share your photostream is to invite them to create a Flickr account. When they have an account you can mark them as a Friend or Family and they can see any photos that you have marked as such. (This will also let them comment and favourite, which is even more fun.)

But if you know someone that doesn't want to create an account you can still share your Friends and Family photos with them using a Guest Pass for your photostream. Just go to your photostream and select the mail option in the Share menu near the top right of the screen. When you share the stream you will have the option to create a Guest Pass. This will let people see any photos in your photostream that you made available for friends or family. So until you expire the pass, people who use your Guest Pass can see all the photos in your whole account that are marked visible for friends or family, even if they aren't members."

Thanks, pleyelplayer

#1913717 - 06/14/12 10:25 PM Re: Second try to post pics of my new Pleyel P190. [Re: pianoloverus]
pleyel player Offline

Pianoloverus,

RE: question: is there a block on your pics, and will you remove it so they can be copied?

I do not beleive I have a block on the pictures. I am new to flickr but will give you what I do know about coping photos from flickr. This procedure that I give here has worked for me when I saved pics before. When you double click on the picture it will open up in a new window. Right click on the picture and it will give you the option to download in various sizes to open the picture up in another window, choose your size and open. In that window you right click once again on the pic and you will have the option to save it.

If this does not work please let me know and I will look for another option.

Thanks,

Pleyelplayer

Below is from the help menu; it may be of help.

"FAQs you might find helpful (4)

Is there a way to share my whole photostream including Friends and Family photos?
Yes! First we should mention that the best way to share your photostream is to invite them to create a Flickr account. When they have an account you can mark them as a Friend or Family and they can see any photos that you have marked as such. (This will also let them comment and favourite, which is even more fun.)

But if you know someone that doesn't want to create an account you can still share your Friends and Family photos with them using a Guest Pass for your photostream. Just go to your photostream and select the mail option in the Share menu near the top right of the screen. When you share the stream you will have the option to create a Guest Pass. This will let people see any photos in your photostream that you made available for friends or family. So until you expire the pass, people who use your Guest Pass can see all the photos in your whole account that are marked visible for friends or family, even if they aren't members."

Thanks, pleyelplayer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sight reading problems
by pianosNpreschooler
09/18/14 03:23 PM
Hello! I have a question about playing for cocktail parties.
by albumblatter
09/18/14 03:10 PM
Piano Concerto in F, Op. 2 Arensky, Anton
by antony
09/18/14 02:33 PM
How Much Are Piano Lessons Usually
by Korsario
09/18/14 01:56 PM
temperament setting in Casio PX-850
by Doritos Flavoured
09/18/14 01:33 PM
Who's Online
126 registered (accordeur, ajames, albumblatter, 3times2, AEMontoya, 36 invisible), 1483 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76237 Members
42 Forums
157606 Topics
2315022 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission