2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (Craig Hair, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, Davidnewmind, 5 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Pleyel player:

Can you change the settings for your pictures so they can be downloaded? I wanted to save a few for desktop pictures.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Beautiful!

Learner
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Congratulations Pleyel Player, beautiful piano!
Love the detail work, and the unusual music desk.

Enjoy!

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

P
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
P
Congrats on that beautiful piano. I love the shape of the music desk and the ball detail on the top of the legs. Really stunning mahogany and an all around looker. If it plays anywhere near as nice as it looks it must be amazing. I love the French approach to piano manufacturing. Paris is the capitol of high fashion and design and that comes through in the design of this lovely piano. Not gaudy, but still highly stylish. Beautiful.

Knabe 5'2" Louis XV Walnut circa 1927
Very part time piano broker.
P
OP Offline
P
Rich, I purchased it at Atlantic Music in Florida. They were going to become distributors so they shipped him just one at first to put on the floor. I don't know what happened but i believe Pleyel had a fire and he was unable to get more so he decided not to go through with the venture. I believe this to be true but i could be wrong.He did tell me that now the only way to get one in the US would be to go to Paris,purchase one there and pay for the shipping back to the US.

Glad you like the veneers. All of the wood work is top notch. My piano tech. told me that "The soundboard and the tone and colors that come from this piano is extremely captivating." He said he thinks it is because of the type of spruce used to make the soundboard along with the unique design that produces the destinctive Pleyel sound. He called it Ciresa du Val de Flemme spruce from Italy. I did some research and found out this is the spruce A Stradivari personally chose to make his fascinating violins.

Sorry if i sound like a doting Father,(I know at times it can be unbecoming of one)but i am in love with my baby.

Proud owner of a Pleyel P190
Yamaha Clavinova
Cunningham upright player
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Thanks Pleyel Player for posting pictures!

It has a nice different touch on many details - the balls in the legs, the shape of the music stand, the knob. Yes the photos do a bad job on the wood and overall quality but still it looks nice!

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V
A few years back Pleyel was brought into the U.S.
I was the Piano Sales Mgr. of the importing company,
Geneva International. This is when they still had the factory in Ales, France. I had the pleasure of visiting
both the factory and the offices in Paris. I was also treated to a night at the Lido for dinner. But that's another story.The relationship ended. Shortly after
I retired. They tried to bring the piano in without a
importer, (I helped) but just never got off the ground.
Good luck with your Pleyel, I think it's a wonderful Piano.
One last thing, not only did Chopin have a Pleyel, His great love Georg Sand did too.

Beautiful! The music desk immediately caught my eye.

P
OP Offline
P
Pianoloverus,

RE: question: is there a block on your pics, and will you remove it so they can be copied?

I do not beleive I have a block on the pictures. I am new to flickr but will give you what I do know about coping photos from flickr. This procedure that I give here has worked for me when I saved pics before. When you double click on the picture it will open up in a new window. Right click on the picture and it will give you the option to download in various sizes to open the picture up in another window, choose your size and open. In that window you right click once again on the pic and you will have the option to save it.

If this does not work please let me know and I will look for another option.

Thanks,

Pleyelplayer

Below is from the help menu; it may be of help.

"FAQs you might find helpful (4)

Is there a way to share my whole photostream including Friends and Family photos?
Yes! First we should mention that the best way to share your photostream is to invite them to create a Flickr account. When they have an account you can mark them as a Friend or Family and they can see any photos that you have marked as such. (This will also let them comment and favourite, which is even more fun.)

But if you know someone that doesn't want to create an account you can still share your Friends and Family photos with them using a Guest Pass for your photostream. Just go to your photostream and select the mail option in the Share menu near the top right of the screen. When you share the stream you will have the option to create a Guest Pass. This will let people see any photos in your photostream that you made available for friends or family. So until you expire the pass, people who use your Guest Pass can see all the photos in your whole account that are marked visible for friends or family, even if they aren't members."

Thanks, pleyelplayer

Yamaha Clavinova
P
OP Offline
P
Pianoloverus,

RE: question: is there a block on your pics, and will you remove it so they can be copied?

I do not beleive I have a block on the pictures. I am new to flickr but will give you what I do know about coping photos from flickr. This procedure that I give here has worked for me when I saved pics before. When you double click on the picture it will open up in a new window. Right click on the picture and it will give you the option to download in various sizes to open the picture up in another window, choose your size and open. In that window you right click once again on the pic and you will have the option to save it.

Thanks,

Pleyelplayer

Is there a way to share my whole photostream including Friends and Family photos?
Yes! First we should mention that the best way to share your photostream is to invite them to create a Flickr account. When they have an account you can mark them as a Friend or Family and they can see any photos that you have marked as such. (This will also let them comment and favourite, which is even more fun.)

But if you know someone that doesn't want to create an account you can still share your Friends and Family photos with them using a Guest Pass for your photostream. Just go to your photostream and select the mail option in the Share menu near the top right of the screen. When you share the stream you will have the option to create a Guest Pass. This will let people see any photos in your photostream that you made available for friends or family. So until you expire the pass, people who use your Guest Pass can see all the photos in your whole account that are marked visible for friends or family, even if they aren't members."

Thanks, pleyelplayer

Yamaha Clavinova
P
OP Offline
P
Pianoloverus,

Thanks,

Pleyelplayer

Thanks, pleyelplayer

Yamaha Clavinova
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks to the rest of you for your wonderful comments about my Pleyel! I am so blessed to have this piano.

Yamaha Clavinova
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Click on the size pic you want first, then right click your mouse, "save pic as"
worked for me? smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Congratulations on your beautiful piano!

As you love the European heritage, here are some things you didn't know....

Schimmel bought the Pleyel name in 1971. They only produced a limited number of pianos with the Pleyel name every year. In 1994 the Pianomanufacturer Rameau bought the names Pleyel and Gaveau, two years later Pleyel became independent again.

Schimmel Konzert 189 Tradition
P
OP Offline
P
Konzert Patrick,
Thanks for the info. I guess one is able to learn something new every day. Thanks for adding a bit of history to my thread.

Yamaha Clavinova
J
J
Photos do not capture the magnificence and beauty of this singular and exquisite instrument. It is a work of art,both in its craftmanship and resonance and the "artist" who plays it (as only he can!)does justice to its unique and commanding history and stature.

Last edited by julieta; 06/16/12 09:30 AM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rod Verhnjak
Very nice.
I'm always happy to see people purchase something musical not just a name or others hype.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Seconded.
It gets tiring after a while to hear people talk only about Yamaha or Kawai as if those are the only two makes out there.

She's a beauty and I hope some day I get the chance to play one.

L
L

When I was shopping for my piano, I had a chance to play a new upright Pleyel in Toronto. It was a very beautiful piano - maybe the best upright I'd ever played. It was expensive, but worth it!

I felt that same way - not a lot of choice in the city I live in.

R
R
Wow, gorgeous instrument.

I wish you years of happy playing and enjoyment of this beauty.

Rodolfo Grunberger
Piano amateur
Gebrüder Knake Grand, 7'1", circa 1895
Celaya, Mexico
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Julieta for the compliments. As many here can tell,Julieta is a friend of mine and my biggest fan. On second thought,my only fan. Ha! Ha!

Yamaha Clavinova
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission