Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1913583 - 06/14/12 06:17 PM What theory textbook is used in your college\university?
Dave Horne Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vught, The Netherlands
What music theory textbook is used in your college\university?

I used Allen Forte's Tonal Harmony in Concept and Practice in college (1967) and used the Walter Piston book in high school (1963 - 1967) though I don't have a copy of that textbook.

A few years ago I bought Tonal Harmony by Stefan Kostka and Dorothy Payne just to have a look at a textbook used at a major university.

So, what is being used at your college\university?

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1913591 - 06/14/12 06:36 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
ando Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Harmony and Voice Leading by Edward Aldwell and Carl Schachter is the most commonly used textbook in Australian Universities. It's an American book though.

#1913595 - 06/14/12 06:42 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: ando]
Dave Horne Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ando
Harmony and Voice Leading by Edward Aldwell and Carl Schachter is the most commonly used textbook in Australian Universities. It's an American book though.

Jesus H. Christ, I looked at Amazon's site link and it's almost $174. My word.

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#1913600 - 06/14/12 06:51 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
ando Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Wow, it certainly wasn't that pricey when I bought it. We all bought it from the university bookshop. My copy was $53AUD in the early 90's. I think it was selling for around $90 around 2000. That's daylight robbery on Amazon. I'm sure you can get it much cheaper than that. Very good text though.

#1913604 - 06/14/12 06:54 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Dave Horne Offline
5000 Post Club Member

I bought a second hand copy (to have an extra copy) of Forte's book and paid less than $20 as I recall.

This second hand copy has no markings in it whatsoever. I assume the young lad (his name is written inside) never passed theory and is hopefully not teaching anywhere.

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#1913605 - 06/14/12 06:54 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
ando Offline
3000 Post Club Member

#1913609 - 06/14/12 07:05 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Para Otras Offline

A survery done by the Collegeboard for their AP Music Theory textbooks is based on the major textbooks used in the US:

----
Harmony

Aldwell, Edward, and Carl Schachter. Harmony and Voice Leading, 3rd ed. Belmont, CA: Schirmer, 2002.

Benjamin, Thomas, Michael Horvit, and Robert Nelson. Techniques and Materials of Tonal Music: From the Common Practice Period to the Twentieth Century, 6th ed. Belmont, CA: Thomson-Wadsworth, 2003.

Benward, Bruce, and Marilyn Saker. Music in Theory and Practice, 7th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2003

Clendinning, Jane Piper, and Elizabeth West Marvin. The Musician's Guide to Theory and Analysis. New York: W. W. Norton, 2004.

Clough, John, and Joyce Conley. Basic Harmonic Progressions: A Self-Instruction Program, 1st ed. New York: W. W. Norton, 1984.

Gauldin, Robert. Harmonic Practice in Tonal Music, 2nd ed. New York: W. W. Norton, 2005.

Henry, Earl, and Michael Rogers. Tonality and Design in Music Theory, 1st ed. Vols. 1 & 2. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2005.

Kostka, Stefan, and Dorothy Payne. Tonal Harmony, 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2003.

Laitz, Steven G. The Complete Musician: An Integrated Approach to Tonal Theory, Analysis, and Listening. New York: Oxford University Press, 2003.

Mayfield, Connie. Theory Essentials: An Integrated Approach to Harmony, Ear Training, and Keyboard Skills. Vols. 1 & 2. Belmont, CA: Schirmer, 2003.

Merryman, Marjorie. The Music Theory Handbook, 1st ed. Belmont, CA: Schirmer, 1996.

Ottman, Robert W. Elementary Harmony: Theory and Practice, 5th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1998.

Ottman, Robert W. Advanced Harmony: Theory and Practice, 5th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2000.

Roig-Francoli, Miguel. Harmony in Context. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2002.

Russell, Armand, and Allen Trubitt. The Shaping of Musical Elements, 1st ed. New York: Schirmer, 1992.

Spencer, Peter. The Practice of Harmony, 5th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2003.

Steinke, Greg A., and Paul O. Harder. Harmonic Materials in Tonal Music: A Programmed Course, 9th ed. Parts 1 and 2. Boston: Prentice Hall, 2001.

Straus, Joseph N. Elements of Music, 2nd ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2008.

Turek, Ralph. The Elements of Music: Concepts and Applications, 2nd ed. Vols. 1 & 2. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1995.

----
Anthologies for Music Analysis and Study

Arlin, Mary I. Music Source: A Collection of Excerpts and Complete Movements, 2nd ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1997.

Benjamin, Thomas E., Michael E. Horvit, and Robert Nelson. Music for Analysis: From the Common Practice Period to the Twentieth Century, 5th ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 2000.

Briscoe, James. New Historical Anthology of Music by Women, 2nd ed. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 2004.

Burkhart, Charles. Anthology for Musical Analysis, 6th ed. Belmont, CA: Schirmer, 2003.

Clendinning, Jane Piper, and Elizabeth West Marvin. Anthology to Accompany The Musician's Guide to Theory and Analysis. New York: W. W. Norton, 2005.

Kostka, Stefan, and Roger Graybill. Anthology of Music for Analysis. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 2002.

Melcher, Robert A., Willard F. Warch, and Paul B. Mast. Music for Study, 3rd ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1988.

Turek, Ralph. Analytical Anthology of Music, 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1992.

----
Aural Skills: Sight Singing, Ear Training, Keyboard, and Rhythmic Reading Texts

Benjamin, Thomas E., Michael Horvit, and Robert S. Nelson. Music for Sight Singing, 4th ed. Belmont, CA: Schirmer, 2004.

Benward, Bruce, and Maureen A.Carr. Sightsinging Complete, 6th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1998.

Benward, Bruce, and J. Timothy Kolosick. Ear Training: A Technique for Listening, 7th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2004.

Berkowitz, Sol, Gabriel Fontrier, and Leo Kraft. A New Approach to Sightsinging, 4th ed. New York: W. W. Norton, 1997.

Brings, Allen, Charles Burkhart, Roger Kamien, Leo Kraft, and Flora Pershing. A New Approach to Keyboard Harmony, 1st ed. New York: W. W. Norton, 1979.

Damschroder, David A. Listen and Sing: Lessons in Ear Training and Sight-singing, 1st ed. Belmont, CA: Schirmer, 1995.

Dembska, Anna, and Joan Harkness. You've Got Rhythm: Read Music Better By Feeling the Beat. Brooklyn, NY: Flying Leap Music, 2002.

Hall, Anne Carothers. Studying Rhythm, 3rd ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2004.

Kazez, Daniel. Rhythmic Reading: Elementary Through Advanced Training, 2nd ed. New York: W. W. Norton, 1997.

Karpinski, Gary, and Richard Kram. Sight Singing and Ear Training: Anthology and Sight Singing and Ear Training: Manual with CD ROM. New York: W. W. Norton, 2005.

Kraft, Leo. A New Approach to Ear Training: A Programmed Course in Melodic and Harmonic Dictation. 2nd ed. New York: WW Norton, 1999.

Krueger, Carol. Progressive Sight Singing, 1st ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 2006.

Ottman, Robert, and Nancy Rogers. Music for Sightsinging, 7th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2007.

Ottman, Robert. Music for Sightsinging, 6th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2004.

Ottman, Robert, and Paul E. Dworak. Basic Ear Training Skills, 1st ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1991.

Phillips, Joel, Jane Piper Clendinning, and Elizabeth West Marvin. The Musician's Guide to Aural Skills. Vols. 1 & 2. New York: W. W. Norton, 2005.

Yasui, Byron K., and Allen R. Trubitt. Basic Sight Singing. 1st ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 1988.

#1913610 - 06/14/12 07:08 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Para Otras Offline

How come you are interested in knowing? And of the ones everyone here is familiar with, what are you preferred textbooks for harmony?

#1913612 - 06/14/12 07:10 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Mark_C Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
(or in this case, was -- it wasn't very recent) smile

Siegmeister

But I wouldn't even say that was "in my college/university," because it was just that particular prof's pick.

I imagine that other teachers, when they had the course, might have picked others.

And I'd guess that's the case almost everywhere: it's not according to the school, but according to the teacher.

(As you can see, I try to be precise about what we're talking about. Which was exactly the issue I raised with your thing on the other thread.) smile

#1913617 - 06/14/12 07:20 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
Kostka Payne where I used to teach.

And while I do think textbooks are a racket and the prices are artificially inflated through the roof, theory texts are very reasonably priced in comparison to major texts in other fields.

$180 for Aldwell/Schachter isn't that bad considering the book can be used for 3-4 different classes. Since a single book for one calculus class can go for $100, that means $100 per semester, as opposed to theory texts which are more like $60/semester.

That being said, there are far less expensive books that are just as good (and often much better written.) Sarnecki's materials (published by Frederick Harris) are excellent and contain much the same material as Aldwell/Schachter. It's not as comprehensive, but you can get all the rudiments, fundamentals of part-writing, and an introduction to form in one book for less than $40.

Also, it's important to realize that many theory texts are rather inexpensive. Gauldin's excellent counterpoint texts are less than $50, the Fux treatise is less than $15. Jackendoff/Lerdahl's book (the basis for most modern approaches on tonal harmony) is less than $50. Forte's "The Structure of Atonal Music" is less than $40.
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#1913623 - 06/14/12 07:24 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Damon Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area
Originally Posted By: Dave Horne
Originally Posted By: ando

Jesus H. Christ, I looked at Amazon's site link and it's almost $174. My word.

I don't know what the difference is, but you can get the 2nd edition on ebay for a dollar plus shipping. They have some 4th editions over $100.

#1913634 - 06/14/12 07:33 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
DameMyra Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: South Jersey
For written we used Turek. One professor supplemented it with Laitz. For aural we used Horvit, Berkowitz and Kazez. (Just happy I'm done with it.)
Managing Director, Northern Lights Music Festival

#1913641 - 06/14/12 07:45 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
ChibiSF Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Tonal Harmony Textbook by Stefan Kostka and Dorothy Payne and the Harmony and Voice Leading Workbook by Edward Aldwell and Carl Schachter.

#1913642 - 06/14/12 07:46 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Kreisler]
Para Otras Offline

Originally Posted By: Kreisler
That being said, there are far less expensive books that are just as good (and often much better written.) Sarnecki's materials (published by Frederick Harris) are excellent and contain much the same material as Aldwell/Schachter. It's not as comprehensive, but you can get all the rudiments, fundamentals of part-writing, and an introduction to form in one book for less than $40.
Kreisler, are you speaking about these books?

Complete Sarnecki Harmony texts

And do you mean just book 1 covers the same materials as Aldwell/Schachter?

I have many students who have completed his Complete Rudiments books, which I think is very good, but when it comes to moving past that, I am always left unsure of what to do. I have been thinking of investing in his books but can find no reviews or resources on them. Would you recommend them?

Edited by Para Otras (06/14/12 07:48 PM)
Edit Reason: changed to a link

#1913667 - 06/14/12 08:32 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
tomasino Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Back in the day, 1963-4 to be exact, when I studied music theory at the University of Minnesota, the text for the course was the McHose "Contrapuntal Harmonic Technique of the 18th Century." Why this text was chosen, I will never know.

It was a percentage breakdown of the harmonic progressions in Bach chorales; statistical data, such as, in a final V7-I cadence, Bach used the V7 chord in the 1st inversion XX% of the time, in the 2nd inversion XX% of the time, and so on. It was full of stuff like that.

If you're interested, you can buy it used at Amazon. Here's how Amazon lists it:

"The Contrapuntal Harmonic Technique of the 18th Century [Hardcover]
McHose Allen Irvine (Author)
Be the first to review this item | Like (0)

Available from these sellers.

7 used from $1.16"

Tomasino
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do so with all thy might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

#1913677 - 06/14/12 08:56 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
carey Online   content
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
What music theory textbook is used in your college\university?

I used Allen Forte's Tonal Harmony in Concept and Practice in college (1967) and used the Walter Piston book in high school (1963 - 1967) though I don't have a copy of that textbook.

I still have my copy of the Walter Piston book, which I used during my freshman year of college in 1964-65. Absolutely hated it at the time.

Also have my copy of the Robert Ottman's "Advanced Harmony" book which (surprise) was used when I studied harmony with Ottman in grad school at the University of North Texas in 1972. Much better experience - and Ottman was a very nice gentleman !!!!!

#1913682 - 06/14/12 09:12 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Ian_G Offline

Loc: Germany
I swear by Harmonic Practice by Roger Sessions. What a gem!

After you've washed your dirty laundry and can have some fun, get Schönberg's Harmonielehre and his Preliminary Exercises in Counterpoint, together with his Fundamentals of Musical Composition and also his Structural Functions of Harmony.

#1913731 - 06/14/12 11:07 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Para Otras]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
Yes, those are the ones. All three books cover roughly the same material as three semesters of an undergraduate theory sequence. Aldwell/Schachter does go beyond what these books present in terms of detail, but the Sarnecki texts are quite adequate. I'd say that if you mastered the material in Sarnecki, you'd be on par with any undergraduate music major.

Originally Posted By: Para Otras
Originally Posted By: Kreisler
Kreisler, are you speaking about these books?

Complete Sarnecki Harmony texts

And do you mean just book 1 covers the same materials as Aldwell/Schachter?

I have many students who have completed his Complete Rudiments books, which I think is very good, but when it comes to moving past that, I am always left unsure of what to do. I have been thinking of investing in his books but can find no reviews or resources on them. Would you recommend them?
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#1913748 - 06/14/12 11:48 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Para Otras Offline

Thank you very much for your comment!

#1913759 - 06/15/12 12:16 AM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
AZNpiano Online   sleepy
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Orange County, CA
Tonal Harmony by Payne/Kostka. What a horrible book. Without my firm foundation in CM materials prior to entering college, I would have flunked my theory class. I remember the voice majors in my class had a horrible time, and I even had to tutor a few of them.

#1913815 - 06/15/12 03:56 AM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
wr Offline
7000 Post Club Member

We used Piston, which seemed fine (but then, I had nothing to compare it to). I do remember having fun trying to complete the exercises in ways that would surprise and amuse the prof, who was a cool guy.

I keep thinking I should get a copy of it and go through it all again as a refresher - I don't really remember that much of it.

#1913823 - 06/15/12 04:16 AM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Para Otras]
Dave Horne Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Para Otras
How come you are interested in knowing? And of the ones everyone here is familiar with, what are you preferred textbooks for harmony?

For me to have a preferred textbook and to have a qualified opinion, I'd have to look at all of them. The textbook I used in college (by Allen Forte) I still use today if only for the keyboard patterns at the end of most chapters.

There is another thread here where I used a commonly used music theory term (scale degree) only to be called pretentious for using that term. I contend that it is a term that is commonly used and should be known by anyone studying music theory at a university level. I'm curious to know which theory textbooks are in use today ... and I'd bet serious money that all the college level textbooks use that terminology.

The books I grew up with are Walter Piston's Harmony and Allen Forte's Tonal Harmony in Concept and Practice.

One of these days I'll copy all the keyboard patterns from Tonal Harmony in Concept and Practice and post them here. These patterns start relatively simply and keep expanding using material that is introduced as the book progresses. These keyboard patterns are to be worked out in every key and have made me a better player. It will take me an entire weekend to work through them all.

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#1913833 - 06/15/12 04:48 AM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: wr]
Dave Horne Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: wr
We used Piston, which seemed fine (but then, I had nothing to compare it to). I do remember having fun trying to complete the exercises in ways that would surprise and amuse the prof, who was a cool guy.

I keep thinking I should get a copy of it and go through it all again as a refresher - I don't really remember that much of it.

That seems to be the case with a lot of textbooks. You learn from one and that becomes your reference point.

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#1913862 - 06/15/12 07:09 AM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Serge Marinkovic Offline

Loc: United States
I am currently independently studying The 4th edition of Harmony and voice leading by Aldwell. I have also read through an Idiots guide to music theory as an introduction. I can say both bOoks have explained this difficult content exceeding well. I am on page 75 on the Aldwell text and am reading each Chapter two to three times. I wish I had done this sooner but it's only because of this forums recommendations that I found both of these texts. Hopefully in a few months I will have a very good foundation in music theory.

#1913869 - 06/15/12 07:36 AM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
debrucey Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Manchester, UK
Depends on the lecturer, but my favourite recommended Piston.
Esa-Pekka Salonen - Dichotomie
Kevin Oldham - Ballade, Op. 17

#1914033 - 06/15/12 01:02 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Mark_C Offline

(No, I said specifically that I wasn't calling YOU pretentious. I said it about the origin of such a term for that kind of context -- and I hold to it.)

#1914047 - 06/15/12 01:23 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Mark_C]
Dave Horne Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Mark_C
(No, I said specifically that I wasn't calling YOU pretentious. I said it about the origin of such a term for that kind of context -- and I hold to it.)

I tried to send you a PM but you don't accept them.

What I would have written privately and not drag this thread into, was this - If a term is universally used in theory textbooks, how can any use of that term, especially when addressing students of a music conservatory at a university level, have or conjure up any pretense? It is the accepted language of music ... and again, the real issue which got side tracked - students are not taught to play scales starting on every scale degree ... but I digress ... smile

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#1914050 - 06/15/12 01:27 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Para Otras Offline

and again, the real issue which got side tracked - students are not taught to play scales starting on every scale degree ... but I digress ... smile

I don't know about you, but my teachers made me play scales in seconds, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, sevenths, and octaves (unison), as well as learn all the modes (which would be the same thing if we are doing both hands on every scale degree).

Tenths were ignored, which I find for good reason since you already do them with thirds. Then again, this was in Brazil!

However, I think it is more important to learn these as theoretical tools of scale degree scales as well as church modes.

#1914062 - 06/15/12 01:40 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
Mark_C Offline

Dave: I addressed that on the other thread (very fully).

You missed quite a lot of what I said -- you kept missing the points -- and you still are.

#1914518 - 06/16/12 12:55 PM Re: What theory textbook is used in your college\university? [Re: Dave Horne]
moscheles001 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Northeast Pennsylvania
Used copies of Aldwell and Schachter's Harmony and Voice Leading (2nd edition, hardcover, 1988) in what is described as good condition can be bought at Alibris.com for $.99.

Not counting shipping, of course.

Edited by moscheles001 (06/16/12 04:15 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
103 registered (antony, Adam Coleman, accordeur, 27 invisible), 1430 Guests and 31 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153537 Topics
2250034 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
04/17/14 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
04/17/14 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
04/17/14 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
04/17/14 10:07 PM
Went to the store and tried out lots of DPs
by lang15
04/17/14 09:18 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission