Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
129 registered (Albunea, ando, accordeur, Al LaPorte, anamnesis, 32 invisible), 1690 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#191742 - 04/17/03 04:18 PM What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Steve Cohen Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland/DC/No. VA
???

Consultant & Contributing Editor - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Jasons Music
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Since 1937.

www.jasonsmusic.com
My postings, unless stated otherwise, are my personal opinions, not those of my clients.

Hailun / Pearl River Pianos

Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#191743 - 04/17/03 04:23 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Jolly Offline

Loc: Louisiana
OK, I'l see your ???, and raise you one ?.

Seriously, their statements are usually so erroneous, and border-line ridiculous, that I can only postulate "comedic relief?". \:D

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#191744 - 04/17/03 04:28 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Steve Cohen Offline

Jolly. Do you really find them funny? How so?

Jasons Music
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Since 1937.

www.jasonsmusic.com
My postings, unless stated otherwise, are my personal opinions, not those of my clients.

#191745 - 04/17/03 04:44 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
iyi bir piano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: USA
 Quote:
What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?[/b]
Make people understand buying junk it is not good value.
At the same time promote quality building, outstanding performance, overall quality pianos.
Help others understand that a quality instrument is a better investment in the long run.
Try to uncover some of the con in the piano business.
Offer a different view besides those with a selfish interest.

Steve donít try to make us look like the bad guys, just because with donít agree with most.

#191746 - 04/17/03 04:44 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
david smith Offline

Loc: Palo alto
Cohen,

Mr youngchang lover: I contribute an opposing view to you and yours.

My statements are fact or my opinion based on facts, not sales hype like most all of yours, buy a young chang, buy a young chang, no no more money for me, buy a pramburger, buy a pramburger with a side order of flies. \:D

you like to say go away..now ...you go away! :rolleyes:

#191747 - 04/17/03 04:50 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
david smith Offline

Loc: Palo alto
Iyi- you must be from another country, Where?

I am glad you are opposed to all the crap that is being produced today, how do you know so much about it, did you ever sell it?
Cohen must be from Iraq, you know, an exile, maybe if we're lucky he'll go back and take Ib and Larry with him!

Jolly seems to be Okay, just unenlightened, maybe when he gets older he'll wise up.

#191748 - 04/17/03 04:55 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Jim Volk Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Maybe iyi and David are alter-egos of someone courteous, intelligent, knowledgeable and judicious.

Maybe it's just KlavierBauer, playing devil's advocate. \:D

In all seriousness, I believe their contribution to this forum consists mainly in bringing the voice of reason into clear contrast with the fallaciousness of emotion-fueled prejudice.

-Jimbo

#191749 - 04/17/03 05:00 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
iyi bir piano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Steve everybody in this forum know. You deliberately try to promote the brands you sell.
Nobody can say opposite about this.
I know my presence in this forum bothers you, because I donít help promoting the poor quality pianos you sell.

#191750 - 04/17/03 05:05 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Keith D Kerman Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Gaithersburg, MD (Washington D...
I gotta say that Iyi often cracks me up. The way he goads many of the regulars into playing his game can be pretty funny. I think he also sometimes offers a valid point of view, but his manner is counterproductive to having influence. I also think Iyi, though crass, is a pretty good guy. His attitude comes clearly accross in his posts, so people can take em' or leave em'. I generally ignore David Smith.
I find the piano forum informative and amusing. Especially when people here take themselves too seriously.
New Steingraeber, Estonia, Baldwin, Charles R. Walter, Brodmann
www.pianocraft.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pianocraftchannel/videos

keith@pianocraft.net 888-840-5460

#191751 - 04/17/03 05:09 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
lb Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Indiana

#191752 - 04/17/03 05:36 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Ariel Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: NE
Iyi,

Sen turkmusun?

#191753 - 04/17/03 05:51 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
iyi bir piano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Ib you are so sore, you put yourself to the task to find out where Iím working or who I work for.
You are constantly coming up with conclusions or innuendos about me.
Iíll satisfy your curiosity I have a music school that I run with somebody who has a repair shop (by the way is not D. Smith).
Ask the web-master where Iím writing from and youíll see. You are near my area write me an E-mail, I'll give you my address, so you can see it with your own eyes.
You keep attacking me what is your anger about? Do I affect you that much?
This is a forum, we all entitle to have different opinion.
Look at yourself, you are totally sold on the idea that Eastern European pianos are great. Well good for you.
Anyhow nobody puts as much anger in his replies against us as you do. I remember some of your prejudice innuendos in other threads.
You must be a little sick to let something coming from the internet affects you that much.

#191754 - 04/17/03 06:16 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
lb Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#191755 - 04/17/03 06:28 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
iyi bir piano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Posted by Ib
 Quote:
you damage yourself more than I possibly can. [/b]
The only way a person can damage himself in this forum is by following or not following the advise given when it comes to buying or fixing a piano.

I'm not doing any of the above.
But you make it seem as damage in personal level. This tell me how sick you are.
Relax dude, don't take it too serious all the time.
This advise will improve your mental health. \:D

#191756 - 04/17/03 11:03 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
lucy in the sky_dup1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NYC
I find them to be a real pair: Harpo Marx and Houdini! \:D \:D \:D

Member, Red Piano Club
Member, 100 post club

Email: femmedada@aol.com

#191757 - 04/18/03 12:19 AM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
KlavierBauer Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Hold the phone, this is the second time in as many days, that I have been accused of proxying, and/or having multiple identities. First yesterday, accused of being Steinway, then today, Iyi AND David Smith. Oh... cool... they said they were joking........

WHAT?!

Why am I the butt of the joke? ... ok, I often have differing views, but at least I temper my responses. I might not be that articulate, but I try. Good God, there's a clear difference between Iyi and me... I can speak English!

On a serious note,
I do value Iyi's opinions. They are just that, opinions. And truth be known, I agree with most of them to some extent. I think experience teaches people that cheap pianos are viable, and necessary, but not always "good". A couple of years ago I would've bashed the cheap pianos, but today I can say "sure, there's a place for them". While I might think there are better values, clearly people are buying them. Anyway, Iyi offers a valuable opinion set, and I for one like reading his posts. I only wish he had a bit more tact in the way he wrote them...

KlavierBauer

#191758 - 04/18/03 01:56 AM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
jgoo Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Seattle, Washington, USA
Not to hijack the topic here but, Steve Cohen, do you have relatives in the Seattle area? Because I saw a picture of a women with the same last name as yours (Cohen) but I CAN'T remember the first name. I would know it if I heard it. Anyway, I don't think that Cohen is a very common name, so, I was just wondering.

#191759 - 04/18/03 06:38 AM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
BruceD Offline

Loc: Victoria, BC
 Quote:
Originally posted by jgoo:
Anyway, I don't think that Cohen is a very common name, so, I was just wondering.[/QB]
What!?! You must be joking!

I live in a suburb of a large eastern city and in the local, suburban telephone book there are five columns of Cohens - with over 100 names per column. That, I repeat, is just in a very limited area of the suburbs!

On the contrary, it is quite a common name - for some very classy people, I might add \:\) . Did you look in the Seattle phone book to see how many Cohens live in Seattle?

My apologies for the momentary sabotage of this thread!

#191760 - 04/18/03 07:48 AM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
lb Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#191761 - 04/18/03 09:05 AM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Deep in Cherokee Country
 Quote:
Originally posted by lucy in the sky:
I find them to be a real pair: Harpo Marx and Houdini! \:D \:D \:D [/b]
Yeah - but without the comedic talent.

#191762 - 04/18/03 10:18 AM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Gardener Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Give the reader a little more intelligence and allow them to decide for themselves the *worth* of the given content of a particular poster. When people jump all over these two, frankly it gives me pause to go back an reevalutate Iyi or David Smith's post thinking maybe I dismissed it too readily. Certainly, if others are giving it so much attention, maybe there is more in their post then I caught on first reading.

Steve Cohen-
It's threads like these, and your constantly calling other posters *trolls*, and rude behavior to them, let alone your CONSTANT SELLING that has this reader currently weighting your contributions much below those of Iyi and David Smith. You are your own worst enemy!

#191763 - 04/18/03 10:21 AM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Nina Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
C'mon KB-- we all know you're really Jimmy Hoffa...

#191764 - 04/18/03 11:06 AM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Matt G. Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Plainfield, IL
 Quote:
Originally posted by KlavierBauer:
Good God, there's a clear difference between Iyi and I... I can speak English![/b]
Ummm, ummm, shouldn't that be a clear difference between Iyi and me[/b]? :p

#191765 - 04/18/03 11:18 AM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
KlavierBauer Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Nina:

shhhhhhh!

Matt G:
You are correct sir, and I have remedied the problem.
I didn't say I could write very well....

KlavierBauer

#191766 - 04/18/03 11:38 AM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Steve Cohen Offline

Sorry, no relatives in Seattle. "Cohen" is a pretty common name.

Jasons Music
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Since 1937.

www.jasonsmusic.com

#191767 - 04/18/03 03:27 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
iyi bir piano Offline
500 Post Club Member

To all of you who think I am KB, please donít be paranoid. \:D \:D \:D
I understand where the assumption is coming from. I never attacked him or had a harsh debate with him.
I have a reason, in my opinion his one of the few members who offers honest and valuable information, besides being realistic in regard to pianoĎs categories.
There are other members who also offer great opinions and other who eloquently bent, stretch, spin and twist the true; I have a problem those.
Ok, now is clear there is only one Iyi.

#191768 - 04/18/03 05:43 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
lucy in the sky_dup1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NYC
There's only one? Thank, God! What was that that people used to say about Leonard Bernstein?

Member, Red Piano Club
Member, 100 post club

Email: femmedada@aol.com

#191769 - 04/18/03 06:57 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
fourthfinger Offline

Loc: between the black keys
smith I understand plays contra-buffoon in his local symphony.

#191770 - 04/18/03 07:45 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
iyi bir piano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
smith I understand plays contra-buffoon in his local symphony[/b]
I was looking at your profile: Fourthfinger...between the black keys.
Ok.ok
MHH let me guess?
You play fagot at your local symphony. \:D

#191771 - 04/18/03 08:02 PM Re: What does iyi & David Smith contribute to The Piano Forum?
Jolly Offline

Loc: Louisiana
Gardener wrote:
 Quote:
Give the reader a little more intelligence and allow them to decide for themselves the *worth* of the given content of a particular poster. When people jump all over these two, frankly it gives me pause to go back an reevalutate Iyi or David Smith's post thinking maybe I dismissed it too readily. Certainly, if others are giving it so much attention, maybe there is more in their post then I caught on first reading.
I gave you credit for more intelligence than that.

Why do people have conniptions when these two (and you always see one with the other)post some of there more idiotic stuff?

Very simple. When someone gives bad - and I mean bad, not just differing - information to prospective buyers(which is the thread type they always show up in ), it results in harm to the prospective buyer if they actually follow this advice. Sometimes it results in the buyer trying to find a price that does not exist -Smith is famous for this - or it results in a buyer not considering an appropriate manufacture, or even range of piano manufacture.

Now, of course, some may think this is fun, or maybe they just laugh and go on. But what about the poor buyer who is now armed with lousy information for their piano purchase? To them, it's not too durn funny, but can turn into a snowball of a problem. These buyers come here because they DON'T know, and they NEED help. Sure, caveat emptor applies to the information on this board, but should we tolerate the dissemination of bad information, just because it is the new members responsibility to figure out who the "white hats" are?

And finally, this is THE most visited piano forum on the internet. I'd like to think that it is also the best. And when they help drag it down, it may be funny to some, but it reflects badly on all.

I'll step down off of my hickory stump now...

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Saving Gaza's only concert grand.....
by bennevis
05/23/15 12:00 PM
Bridge removal
by JMichaelWilson
05/23/15 10:54 AM
a well written write up on Sviatoslav Richter at N.P.R.
by Michael Sayers
05/23/15 10:14 AM
Possible repin and restring of a coastal grand piano
by Mark Davis
05/23/15 10:09 AM
a newly unveiled Paderewski monument in Poland
by Michael Sayers
05/23/15 10:07 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,384 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,273 Topics
2,409,489 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission