2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Cheeto717, 12 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Heidi please add to my list:

Sergei Bortkiewicz, Lyrica Nova Op.59 No.3

Thanks very much.

Mel

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, only what you are expecting to give, which is everything. You give because you love and cannot help giving." Katharine Hepburn
H
heidiv Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Sure Mel! I'm looking forward to hearing all of your pieces. I love the music of Bortkiewicz especially.

Participants
Orange Soda King -- Sonate de Concert, III. (Alkan)
mingusmonk -- Poems of the Sea (Bloch)
currawong -- Margaret Sutherland
Cinnamonbear -- Consolation (Steve Chandler)
Jolteon -- Heller
wr -- Twelve Esquisses (Koechlin)
heidiv -- Rêverie, Op. 10, No. 4 (Catoire); selections from Six Fantasy Pieces, Op. 17 (Dora Pejačević)
dannylux -- Otto Nicolai, Etude in D flat "Gruss an Liszt" Op. 40, No. 3; York Bowen, Reverie d'Amour, Op. 20, No. 2; Sergei Bortkiewicz, Lyrica Nova, Op. 59, No. 3
Tim Adrianson -- Roy Harris, American Ballads; Morton Gould, Guaracha; William Flanagan, Sonata; Paul Bowles, El Bejuco and El Indio; Irving Fine Variations, from Music for Piano; Gail Kubik, Sonatina; Vincent Persichetti, Sonata No. 5; Norman dello Joio, Salute to Scarlatti, No. 1, 2, and 4; Leo Smit, Rondele

Last edited by heidiv; 04/27/12 07:22 AM.
B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
This sounds like an excellent idea and it would be fun to contribute. I´ll think of repertoire in the nearest future. Just one question though - should it specifically be a piece by a lesserknown composer or could it be the other way around as well, as in a lesser known piece by a wellknown composer?

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Strangeness of Heart -- Harry Somers

I'm working on some of Persichetti's poems so they are a possibility as well.

H
heidiv Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
fnork - We'd really like to keep on topic by featuring lesser-known composers, although your idea has the potential to fill an entire other recital! Please consider submitting something. We'd love to have you.

LadyChen - Welcome! I'll put you down for the Harry Sommers piece. If you are able to submit the Persichetti as well, let me know and I'll add that to our list too.

J
J
I think I'll sign up for Scarlatti, Sonata K13/L486 in G Major, and Granados, "El Pelele" from Goyescas Book II.

I understand Scarlatti is a very well known composer but personally I feel as though he is somewhat overshadowed by other more popular baroque composers. Similarly, although Granados is well known not a lot of his music is in the standard repertoire and I'm a very big fan of his Goyescas. smile

jackbirdy412

Recent repertoire:
Albeniz - Triana
Schubert - Sonata D664
Bach - Prelude and Fugue no.12, Book II

Working on:
Debussy - L'isle joyeuse
Chopin - Scherzo No.3
Haydn - Sonata Hob.XVI:52
Scarlatti - K426 and K427
B
B
Hello! I think I'll sign up for this recital too,
how can I make a great recording of a piece, and who
do I send it to?

Here's Mine, NOTE: They are still alive today!, lol

Jean-Michel Damase: Sonatine
Nikolai Kapustin: Toccatina Op. 36

Learn how to play the piano watching the videos on my website.

Be sure to subscribe to my personal blog too, if you like, I do have an E-mail newsletter

Daniel Bachelis
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
We'll be ready for submissions August 1.

We'll try to give the site a little bit of a facelift in the meantime - no promises!

http://www.ecital.net
Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
gerg, HeidiV indicated that I can send the Files of my various recordings directly to you -- is that correct? Every File is posted on my private computer as "TASCAM...", with a number. I don't know much about uploading or transferring Files, and so at least for me, you're going to have to "spell out" how to send these recording Files to your attention. Thanks!

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Add Alkan's "Andante Romantique in C# Major" Op. 13 No. 2 for me also. smile

H
heidiv Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Participants
Orange Soda King -- Sonate de Concert, III. (Alkan); Andante Romantique in C# Major, Op. 13, No. 2 (Alkan)
Jolteon -- Heller
heidiv -- Rêverie, Op. 10, No. 4 (Catoire); selections from Six Fantasy Pieces, Op. 17 (Dora Pejačević)
dannylux -- Otto Nicolai, Etude in D flat "Gruss an Liszt" Op. 40, No. 3; York Bowen, Reverie d'Amour, Op. 20, No. 2; Sergei Bortkiewicz, Lyrica Nova, Op. 59, No. 3
Tim Adrianson -- Roy Harris, American Ballads; Morton Gould, Guaracha; William Flanagan, Sonata; Paul Bowles, El Bejuco and El Indio; Irving Fine Variations, from Music for Piano; Gail Kubik, Sonatina; Vincent Persichetti, Sonata No. 5; Norman dello Joio, Salute to Scarlatti, No. 1, 2, and 4; Leo Smit, Rondele
LadyChen -- Strangeness of Heart by Harry Somers
bachelis -- Sonatine by Jean-Michel Damase; Toccatina Op. 36 by Nikolai Kapustin
jackbirdy412 -- Sonata K13/L486 by Scarlatti; El Pelele from Goyescas Book II by Granados

------------

Hi bachelis...that Kapustin Toccatina has been sitting on my music stack for a year now. I worked through the first three pages and got a headache trying to work out the tricky fingering. GREAT piece!

Stay tuned for uploading instructions on or about August 1st. Again, many thanks to Greg for all of his behind the scenes work.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Respighi , Siciliana and Gagliarda from Ancient Airs and Dances. (Transcribed by Respighi from orchestra scores.)

Musica 71
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
ALSO...Rodrigo, Two Spanish Dances, Rustica and Serrana.

Musica 71
D
D
Well, that makes two of us, then! I'm considering contributing something by Joaquin Rodrigo. But I'm even further down the techie learning curve than you (grin!):

Can you convert a recording made on a digital camera into an MP3? If not, I may be able to ask a favor of somebody who knows how to record ...

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I'll do Peter Sculthorpe - Night Pieces

H
heidiv Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
PARTICIPANTS
Orange Soda King -- Sonate de Concert, III. (Alkan); Andante Romantique in C# Major, Op. 13, No. 2 (Alkan)
Jolteon -- Heller
LadyChen -- Strangeness of Heart by Harry Somers
bachelis -- Sonatine by Jean-Michel Damase; Toccatina Op. 36 by Nikolai Kapustin
jackbirdy412 -- Sonata K13/L486 by Scarlatti; El Pelele from Goyescas Book II by Granados
musica71 -- Respighi, Siciliana and Galiarda from Ancient Airs and Dances; Rodrigo, Two Spanish Dances, Rustica and Serrana
debrucey -- Peter Sculthorpe, Night Pieces

-----------------

Hello, all! I'm starting to get excited about this recital because (1) we have roughly 5 weeks to go before we start accepting submissions, (2) the list is shaping up into a lovely program, and (3) I've been practicing enough to believe I might actually submit my pieces before the deadline!

Just as a reminder, all are welcome to participate by submitting an mp3 recording of themselves playing a piece by a lesser-known composer. We'll accept submissions from roughly August 1st through August 18th, with detailed instructions to follow.

Thank you to all of the participants who make this online recital possible. It's such a joy to hear our talented players and to be introduced to music we might not otherwise ever know.

Cheers,
Heidi

Last edited by heidiv; 06/24/12 09:03 PM.
So how exactly does this work? I just sign up for a piece, recorded it and submit it to you guys on here? Sorry, I'm a little new to this.

H
heidiv Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Hi Dachshund, and welcome! That's exactly how it works. You sign up for a piece here, and send in an mp3 recording of your performance.

We'll be ready to accept submissions around August 1st. There will be a new thread started titled "Unsung Heroes E-cital 2012: Call for Submissions," which will include easy instructions. Our friend Greg will work his magic behind the scenes to put it all together, and then we'll have the unveiling of the program on August 20th for all to enjoy.

The previous two events have been very well-received. It's a fabulous opportunity to hear composers we might have never heard otherwise. We hope you can join us!

Thank you heidiv!
This recital sounds great! I'll spend some time looking through my music and I'll get back to you when I find something good to play for this.

F
FSO Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Heidiv and Greg: Thank you very much for organising and sustaining interest in this; it's a lovely idea, to put it mildly smile Um...do you feel as though Alkan's already well represented? I only ask as I feel, at the moment, his Les Diablotins is the only thing I *might* have prepared in time. I stress "might" most fervently; I'm going to kick myself to Timbuktu if I don't, but I might not succeed at getting it good enough by the entry time anyway...um...so long as *someone* were to check it, and not just put it up there, amongst the well played articles, regardless of...ahem...quality, I wouldn't mind submitting an attempt. I know it's easy, but I'm not very good laugh So...would that be okay? It's okay if it's not, I won't mind ^>^
Xxx

Sometimes, we all just need to be shown a little kindness <3
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission