Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1925272 - 07/10/12 11:07 PM Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!!
Grand Piano Haus Offline

Loc: Skokie, IL
Stay tuned!

Jeff Tasch
Grand Piano Haus
Yamaha, Bösendorfer, Steingraeber & Söhne, Kayserburg, Ritmüller, Cable-Nelson, CEUS, Live-Performance model-LX, Disklavier-PRO, Q.R.S. & PianoDisc, AvantGrand, Clavinova, Arius http://www.GrandPianoHaus.com.

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#1925326 - 07/11/12 04:08 AM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
PNO40 Offline

Loc: A North Atlantic Island former...
tired

sleep

Edited by PNO40 (07/11/12 05:02 AM)

#1925371 - 07/11/12 09:28 AM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Steve Chandler Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Urbandale, Iowa
Okay, we've just had a lengthy kurfuffle because a dealer posted a link to a review of a concert in which a 13 year old girl played a Steingreaber Concert Grand. That at least had some real information in it. This is pure teaser and as such is annoying. Either post something informative or don't bother.

FWIW, I played a brand new CFX yesterday and that was a very enjoyable experience, but this thread stole some of that pleasure back. Is that really what you're trying to accomplish for the good folks at Yamaha?

#1925394 - 07/11/12 10:58 AM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Pianolance Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Stinking evil dealers. By the way, I like the word kurfuffle, never heard it before, but just the sound of it says what its definition must be. And, just to be clear, I for one, enjoy dealer posts, they are among the most informed and up to date posters on piano world. My first sentance was tongue in cheek.

#1925547 - 07/11/12 06:46 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
albynism Offline

So.. Whats the new Yamaha? All the c series getting the xa makeover??? Just a wild guess!

#1925725 - 07/12/12 07:30 AM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Ken Knapp Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Yes, there needs to be some substance to this topic or it will go away. From where I sit it looks like nothing more than an excuse to put your tagline out there.

Piano Organ Depot
http://www.pianoorgandepot.com
Hammond Organ Technician
http://www.tonewheeltech.com
Vice President - MITA, International
http://www.mitatechs.org
http://www.facebook.com/MITATechs

#1925835 - 07/12/12 12:53 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Entheo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: chicago, il
jeff's a good guy, tho in his excitement he might have jumped the gun a little on this one. am curious, tho...

#1925998 - 07/12/12 08:00 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Rusty Fortysome Offline

Loc: USA
It's the first ROUND grand piano. And it has HELLO KITTY options.

I've never seen something "new" on a piano that would make me get that excited. Yeah, technical improvements are nice, but is this piano really going to be that awesome to have to post this thread? Give the real info or wait for it.
"Crazy Bone Rag"
"Claire DeLune (finally)"

#1926138 - 07/13/12 03:36 AM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
backto_study_piano Offline

Loc: Australia
Wind Powered, no doubt.

#1926152 - 07/13/12 05:00 AM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
backto_study_piano Offline

Loc: Australia
Should those of us about to make a piano purchase hold off for this new announcement?

I need to know about NOW!!

#1953344 - 09/03/12 11:37 AM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Grand Piano Haus Offline

A couple of weeks ago I just returned from Yamaha’s Buena Park, California (U.S. head offices). I also was invited to visit Yamaha’s headquarters in Hamamatsu and Yamaha’s piano factory in Kakegawa, Japan where Yamaha builds the new CX grands, CFX, CF6, CF4 concert grands, U, YUS, SU uprights.

I have been to numerous piano factories around the world, even Azerbaijani’s Beltmann piano factory. I personally have never been to a factory like Yamaha’s piano factory in Kakegawa, Japan. It is an ultra high-precision, technology based factory that is super clean.

Here’s one little piece of information I did not know before: every plate that Yamaha uses in their pianos is manufactured in Iwata, Japan, Yamaha’s foundry. From the Cable-Nelson right up to the CFX, every plate is born there.

Anyway, I thought I would share with all PianoWorld users that after 45 years, Yamaha has revamped the “C” series pianos. Some of the major components and manufacturing processes that are used in the new highly acclaimed “CF” series concert grand pianos are now implemented in the new “CX” series.

New "C" Models: C1X, C2X, C3X, C5X, C6X, C7X.

Yes, the sizes are the same as the previous "C" series. Yamaha has also cosmetically modernized the look of the new “CX” pianos.

Some new components:
MusicWire: Middle to Treble (Germany’s Röslau)
HammerFelt: German
Soundboard: Bavarian Spruce (New crown manufacturing method like in “CF” and “XA” Yamaha grands)
Backposts: Increased Thickness. Greater support for ‘fff’ playing

Enjoy,

Jeff Tasch
Grand Piano Haus

Edited by Grand Piano Haus (09/03/12 11:59 AM)
Yamaha, Bösendorfer, Steingraeber & Söhne, Kayserburg, Ritmüller, Cable-Nelson, CEUS, Live-Performance model-LX, Disklavier-PRO, Q.R.S. & PianoDisc, AvantGrand, Clavinova, Arius http://www.GrandPianoHaus.com.

#1953369 - 09/03/12 12:47 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Melodialworks Music Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Confused as to where the XA models fit into this scheme. Will there be C3, C3XA and C3X all available at the same time?
Yamaha NU1 + Production Grand

#1953386 - 09/03/12 01:14 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
joe80 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Probably...

You know what, I like the idea of the new CX pianos, but they should have kept the classic look, and kept the modern look for the CF pianos. That way, they are distinct and separate, and given the price of the CF pianos, it might be better for marketing and residual value.

Remember how the S series used to depreciate much faster than the C series, and they were discounted to death anyway? One of the complaints happened to be that the S series and the C series, up to 2000 anyway, were identical looking. It's amazing the difference perception makes. Perhaps they should have called the premier ones Torakusu Yamaha, like Shigeru Kawai?

#1953407 - 09/03/12 01:39 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
albynism Offline

So I was right! Do I get a prize? grin

In the Yamaha website the C3XA and C6XA are listed as limited edition models. So I think they are just using them as a test to hear the public reaction first before overhauling the rest of the C series.

#1953413 - 09/03/12 01:53 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oakland
Originally Posted By: Grand Piano Haus
Some new components:
Soundboard: Bavarian Spruce (New crown manufacturing method like in “CF” and “XA” Yamaha grands)

Enjoy,

Jeff Tasch
Grand Piano Haus

Ho hum...

#1953419 - 09/03/12 02:06 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
master88er Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area

Some new components:

Hmmmmm.... looks to me like Yamaha is finally catching up to quite a few of their Chinese competitors. laugh

FORMER US Rep.for C.Bechstein

SF Area Dealer: SteingraeberGrotrianSauterEstoniaKayserburgBaldwinBrodmannRitmller
www.rkassman.com
russell@rkassman.com

#1953428 - 09/03/12 02:50 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: BDB]
Grand Piano Haus Offline

Ho Hum for few, incredible excitement for many

#1953440 - 09/03/12 03:19 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
BDB Offline

Incredible hype for dealers. I doubt anyone could tell the difference between Röslau wire and say, Mapes, or German felt or wood and Austrian or Australian, or the support of FFF playing between one piano and the next, whatever that may mean. Yamaha has been making some nice pianos lately, but not one of those items would in itself make as much of a difference as a good technician could.

#1953442 - 09/03/12 03:21 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
1000 Post Club Member

There is definitely a basic tonal difference between the C3 and C3XA, so you can hear at least some of the differences.

#1953445 - 09/03/12 03:25 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
1000 Post Club Member

What will be the availability for the North American market, I wonder? (The Asia / Middle East / Africa / Oceania / Latin America website indicates October 2012).

#1953469 - 09/03/12 05:00 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: BDB]
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Originally Posted By: BDB
Some new components:

Enjoy,

Jeff Tasch
Grand Piano Haus

Ho hum...

Yeah, these are the kind of fairly small adjustments that often accompany the rolling out of a new "model." Yamaha is certainly not the only firm, or even the only piano firm, to engage in this kind of tinkering and rebadging. It makes good sense to market it, but really, it does seem like small potatoes (yes, to ME).

But you know, I like the C series, so I'm sure I won't like this any less.
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1953487 - 09/03/12 05:25 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
BDB Offline

I like the C series, too, some better than others. But I recently tuned a C3 and a G3, and the differences between them were less than the sample differences for each of those models, probably because I have been taking care of them for so long.

#1953520 - 09/03/12 06:55 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
j&j Offline

Loc: Southwest
If the CX series has the same improvements as the C3XA and C6XA, there was a noticeable improvement in the sound. The treble had a bell-like clarity and the bass was more mellow but had wonderful power. Since the C3 I purchased was already over-the-top of my piano budget, I couldn't indulge, but wow, I was really impressed with the difference I heard in the XA's. It may look like small tweaks, but those changes made a very big difference in sound (at least to me).

I really look forward to the new CX's hitting the dealer's showrooms. Improvements to pianos that don't cost more than my house are always welcome news!
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." Pablo Picasso

#1953616 - 09/03/12 11:43 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Piano*Dad]
Furtwangler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Danville, California
Originally Posted By: Piano*Dad
Originally Posted By: BDB
Some new components:

Enjoy,

Jeff Tasch
Grand Piano Haus

Ho hum...

Yeah, these are the kind of fairly small adjustments that often accompany the rolling out of a new "model." Yamaha is certainly not the only firm, or even the only piano firm, to engage in this kind of tinkering and rebadging. It makes good sense to market it, but really, it does seem like small potatoes (yes, to ME).

But you know, I like the C series, so I'm sure I won't like this any less.

Well, at least these are improvements to, and a discussion regarding, a brand that is significant in the industry.

So much of the discussion on this forum seems to center on the insignificant - by that I mean discussions about brands that, while of great quality - have little or no real significance in the industry as a whole because they sell in such small quantities.

I won't mention any names, but I believe you are familiar with a brand that gets frequent mentions here - that I would guess sold fewer than a dozen pianos in the United States all last year.

Yamaha sells more in 1 week than all the "Tier 1" piano brands put together sell in a year. Perhaps in several years.

Don't get me wrong - I have never been accused of being a big fan of Yamahas, and quite the contrary - I am a huge fan of most all the "Tier 1" brands - some more than others (especially Steingraeber and Sauter). But to most people they are not relevant.

#1953655 - 09/04/12 02:33 AM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Supply Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Some new components:
Out of curiosity, what brand of wire were they using up to now?

Piattino Caster Cups distributor

#1953844 - 09/04/12 03:08 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: j&j]
Entheo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: chicago, il
Originally Posted By: j&j
If the CX series has the same improvements as the C3XA and C6XA, there was a noticeable improvement in the sound. The treble had a bell-like clarity and the bass was more mellow but had wonderful power. Since the C3 I purchased was already over-the-top of my piano budget, I couldn't indulge, but wow, I was really impressed with the difference I heard in the XA's. It may look like small tweaks, but those changes made a very big difference in sound (at least to me).

i agree; on paper the changes don't appear earth shaking but it may well be a case of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. i look forward to 'seeing' what a CF6 sounds like.

#1953851 - 09/04/12 03:17 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
BDB Offline

It is entirely possible that the selling points mentioned are not the primary improvements to the newer models. I just do not like people touting pianos on the basis of selling points. The proof is in how well the piano sounds and plays.

#1953859 - 09/04/12 03:31 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Entheo]
beethoven986 Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Entheo
Originally Posted By: j&j

i agree; on paper the changes don't appear earth shaking but it may well be a case of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. i look forward to 'seeing' what a CF6 sounds like.

I got to play the CFX several months ago. My impression was that it is a very nice piano; there was nothing about it that I found objectionable: it had a nice sound, the action was responsive, and it looked pretty with its edgy styling. However, it left me with a "so what?" feeling. It's not such an improvement over the CFIIIS that it deserves the hype it's getting... rather, it's just another really, really nice tier-1 concert grand.
Certified Dampp-Chaser installer

#1953870 - 09/04/12 03:51 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Thrill Science Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: California
This is nice! Maybe some of the Bosendorfer philosophy is making its way down to their Yamaha line

#1953905 - 09/04/12 05:16 PM Re: Introducing the new YAMAHA ??? coming later this year!!! [Re: Thrill Science]
schwammerl Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Belgium
Trying to help avoiding speculations on the specs of the new Yamaha CX series, below are two links describing them:

Yamaha announcement

Yamaha Australia - CX series

schwammerl.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chrono Trigger piano medley
by Stefo
09/18/14 04:44 PM
need help with deciding between digital and acoustic
by luvboise713
09/18/14 04:16 PM
Sight reading problems
by pianosNpreschooler
09/18/14 03:23 PM
Hello! I have a question about playing for cocktail parties.
by albumblatter
09/18/14 03:10 PM
Piano Concerto in F, Op. 2 Arensky, Anton
by antony
09/18/14 02:33 PM
Who's Online
124 registered (36251, aesop, anotherscott, accordeur, albumblatter, 3times2, 36 invisible), 1230 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76237 Members
42 Forums
157608 Topics
2315074 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission