Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1940888 - 08/11/12 03:09 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Starr Keys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: california
My mp3 is ready for the recital, but I still need to edit the video as I'm trying to do something more thematically complex with Sony Vega this time. It just occurred to me this morning that I could probably submit the mp3 and and add the Youtube later. Has anyone had any experience with this? I think Monica said she was going to be away starting today, so if anyone has done this kind of update, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1940896 - 08/11/12 03:39 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
hawgdriver Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Denver, CO
Clearly I've been out of it. I just noticed the call for submissions, and I thought, already??

But already, the window is about to close. Wow. Like they say in that commercial: Life comes at you fast.

#1940900 - 08/11/12 03:48 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Starr Keys]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Starr Keys
My mp3 is ready for the recital, but I still need to edit the video as I'm trying to do something more thematically complex with Sony Vega this time. It just occurred to me this morning that I could probably submit the mp3 and and add the Youtube later. Has anyone had any experience with this? I think Monica said she was going to be away starting today, so if anyone has done this kind of update, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Yes, you can add a video link after you make your mp3 submission without losing your place in line. It's just like editing the text of your submission - you don't lose your place then either. You only drop to the bottom if you change the mp3 recording.

Sam

#1940910 - 08/11/12 04:11 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Starr Keys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks, Sam. I really appreciate the response smile

#1940927 - 08/11/12 05:08 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Starr Keys Offline
500 Post Club Member

P.S. Thanks to you I'm number 43 this time in stead of #58 smile

#1941028 - 08/11/12 08:02 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Starr Keys]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
I think Monica said she was going to be away starting today, so if anyone has done this kind of update, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Actually today is the day I am getting back from my trip. smile And it seems like the recital managed to chug along fine without me, as we are up to a nice number of submissions already with a few days left to go.

#1941083 - 08/11/12 10:19 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
I'm finally in at #44! Yay! Not completely happy with my recording, but heck, there's a couple days left, right? Looks like I'm right after some good company! (Starrkeys).

I am so looking forward to listening to everyone!

#1941187 - 08/12/12 03:03 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ClavBoy Offline

Loc: Germany
Just uploaded my try on the Bach Prelude BWV 846. I had to choose between a relatively easy but faster Mozart menuet and the Prelude.
I still have the problem with the piece, keeping constant tempo and the legato between the arpeggios is quite difficult.
But I'm curious what you think.

Edited by ClavBoy (08/12/12 03:04 AM)

Working on:
Schumann: From Foreign Lands and Countries, op. 15; Burgmüller op. 100, Arabesque; Tchaikovsky op. 39 no. 15, Italian Song

Dreaming of:
Some Scott Joplin pieces i.e. Bethena. Still years to go for that...
Satie: Gnossienne No. 1. Maybe a bit earlier

#1941195 - 08/12/12 03:47 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: CMohr]
Starr Keys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: CMohr
I'm finally in at #44! Yay! Not completely happy with my recording, but heck, there's a couple days left, right? Looks like I'm right after some good company! (Starrkeys).

Thanks, CMohr. I feel honored to be followed by you but glad its not the other way around, since you are usually such a hard act to follow. I'm also not completely happy with my recording but "it goes like it goes"...:)

#1941345 - 08/12/12 11:16 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Starr Keys]
Amaruk Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New England, USA
It just occurred to me this morning that I could probably submit the mp3 and and add the Youtube later.

Oh now, StarrKeys, that is cheating! wink Enjoy the process of video editing in Sony Vegas, which by the way, is a great video editor!

I submitted my mp3 (and uhmmm... youtube link) some time ago and I can't wait for this recital to open as there are so many interesting pieces listed!!

#1941403 - 08/12/12 01:03 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Amaruk]
Starr Keys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Amaruk
[quote=Starr Keys]
Oh now, StarrKeys, that is cheating! wink Enjoy the process of video editing in Sony Vegas, which by the way, is a great video editor!

Now, Amaruk, you know I don't mean that kind of editing! I'm talking about the kind of visual editing where you can insert film or photos like Rossy does or cut from the piano to either or both and back, like Falmc does. Trust me, you'll know I didn't do any audio editing -- played the piano straight through and sung straight through-- when you hear my singing!

Edited by Starr Keys (08/12/12 01:32 PM)

#1941431 - 08/12/12 01:58 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Amaruk Offline
500 Post Club Member

smile I meant that submitting the mp3 before you have the video ready is cheating... LOL

#1941445 - 08/12/12 02:15 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Starr Keys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Oh blush

#1941571 - 08/12/12 06:22 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
DadAgain Offline

Loc: Brisbane, QLD
All recording done... and audio and video synced up...

BUT - I'm really struggling to get everything uploaded into YouTube this time! GRRRR...
I'll keep trying throughout the day - but with 3 clips to upload and 2 to merge together it feels like post-production is WAAAAAY more work than the playing was! (Which may be a reflection on the poor preparation of my playing this time round?!)
Vague Guitar & Bass player.... (former minor income stream 15 yrs ago)
Former conductor... (been a long time since I was set loose with a magic wand!)

#1941622 - 08/12/12 08:12 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Amaruk Offline
500 Post Club Member

DadAgain,
I know exactly how it feels... My first video editor used to freeze my computer up more often than desired... I have since changed my flow entirely; video editor, camcorder, computer, and most important; OS. smile My new editor in fact automatically syncs audio and video! laugh

Video editing can be frustrating and IS VERY time consuming but I always think it is worth it in the end.

I hope we get many video entries this time too. In the last recital we had 16 videos out of 50 submissions. Not bad at all!

#1941721 - 08/13/12 12:25 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
In at #48. Yay! smile

#1941782 - 08/13/12 04:50 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: DadAgain]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted By: DadAgain

"Theme from Schindler's List"? Wow, I love that!

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

#1941803 - 08/13/12 06:53 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: CarlosCC]
DadAgain Offline

Originally Posted By: CarlosCC

Is it? - News to me.... . Which? The P or the F or both.... or daughters Invention? Anyway - its all in and done.

Experimented with a new recording tech after previous attempts at using the Nikon D90 or iPhone were uninspiring. I tried using my laptops built in mic with audacity and syncing with the video from the camera! It was surprisingly ok (bit buzzy - but a decent enough sound).

Sorry about the playing - lots of screw-ups... (I'm not very good at Bach - far too fiddly for me!)

#1941806 - 08/13/12 07:17 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: DadAgain]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: CarlosCC

Is it? - News to me.... . Which? The P or the F or both.... or daughters Invention? Anyway - its all in and done.

Experimented with a new recording tech after previous attempts at using the Nikon D90 or iPhone were uninspiring. I tried using my laptops built in mic with audacity and syncing with the video from the camera! It was surprisingly ok (bit buzzy - but a decent enough sound).

Sorry about the playing - lots of screw-ups... (I'm not very good at Bach - far too fiddly for me!)

Sorry, wrong quote.
I want to mean the piece sumbitted by daveindenton - Theme from Schindler's List (John Williams)

CarlosCC records

#1941936 - 08/13/12 12:44 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
raptor Offline

Loc: Perth, Western Australia
I listened to my recording I took earlier before my holiday and its not very good. It has too many mistakes in it and I didn't even play the parts in it in the correct order. Since i am overseas and have no access to a piano at the moment, i'll pass for this recital. frown

#1942113 - 08/13/12 05:19 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
Oh darn ... we got TWO Schindler's list now.

Bound to happen I guess, but who'd a thunk it?

ALL GOOD ... it's a recital ... not a contest. RIGHT?

Or at least, that's what I'm sticking with, when I get smoked smokin

Looking forward to hearing what is looking like a great line up.

#1942123 - 08/13/12 05:42 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Greener]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Originally Posted By: Greener

But since you got yours in early we've had our appetite whetted for it longer, so I'm pretty sure it'll be sweet smile The other is a bonus for us -

Cathy

#1942160 - 08/13/12 07:07 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: jotur]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
Hey Jotur, just realized you submitted one of my favorite food rags! laugh

#1942166 - 08/13/12 07:25 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Falmc Offline

I just realize that im the last one of the submission list -.-

#1942230 - 08/13/12 09:13 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Clemente Offline

Loc: Bergen County, New Jersey
Hi All. I almost do not make it to the recital...again.... I submitted a Lecuona piece that I have been studying. It needs polishing, a little more accuracy and a tad more speed. I figured that since I was not able to be part of the last two recitals, I would send this, mistakes and all. Now if you overlook the noisy piano bench at the end of the piece, I will be grateful. blush

Clemente

#1942277 - 08/13/12 11:01 PM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Greener]
daveindenton Offline

Originally Posted By: Greener

Bound to happen I guess, but who'd a thunk it?

ALL GOOD ... it's a recital ... not a contest. RIGHT?

Or at least, that's what I'm sticking with, when I get smoked smokin

Looking forward to hearing what is looking like a great line up.

Sorry Greener! I didn't look at the submissions before I posted mine. Don't worry, though...I'm not very good. -Dave

#1942322 - 08/14/12 12:54 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
DadAgain Offline

Only 1 day to go before we get to judge on the epic much-anticipated "BATTLE OF THE SCHINDLERS'!!!!"

I cant wait... its one of those delicious match-ups we'll forever remember:

Ali v Frazier
Bush v Gore
Phelps v Magnussen (pffft)
etc etc etc

and now:

Dave v Jeff

(Dont worry - its always interesting to see 2 peoples different interpretations of the same thing, its not a competition and nobody 'wins')

#1942359 - 08/14/12 03:52 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
RedKat Offline

Loc: Belgium
Finally, I've made it! I am in with a nice number #55 smile Not completely happy with my performance, though

#1942362 - 08/14/12 04:00 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
So it looks like I'll be able to submit something. The playing isn't very good, but at least the piano and the recording quality is (to make up for that awful mess I made you guys listen to last time). I'm saving the ballade for when I've gone through it with my new teacher (who is fabulous, by the way!). I was half memorizing half reading, and of course I can't get an entire recording without making any mistakes, but it is what it is, and I'm content smile

I won't be able to participate much in the recital discussion, since I'm going as a counselor on a trip for kids with debilitating illnesses (from the 15th to the 23rd of August). I'll listen to it when I come back though.
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#1942365 - 08/14/12 04:07 AM Re: Recital #27 --- Call For Submissions [Re: DadAgain]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

(...) its not a competition and nobody 'wins')

No, no, no. On the contrary. Everybody WINS!
thumb

CarlosCC records

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
94 registered (anotherscott, 36251, bgiles, Art_Vandelay, 25 invisible), 1243 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75569 Members
42 Forums
156246 Topics
2294651 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
T.J. Rochford Piano, trying to uncover some history
by Mikey Bob
1 minute 16 seconds ago
How to study harmony through Bach
by ttttcrngyblflpp
1 minute 17 seconds ago
Gustav Lutz?
by MartaG
Today at 06:37 AM
Can anyone help me identify Bach's music in this soundtrack?
by WellTemperedPizza
Today at 05:30 AM
Will a Damp-Chaser fill in the cracks in a sound-board?
by Paul678
Today at 12:36 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission