Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1938717 - 08/07/12 10:32 AM Help me get my sheet music into Synthesia!
Sveden Offline

I can't read sheets and I don't have time to learn so I'm asking if someone could play the song Animal by Miike Snow and then make it into a file for Synthesia, because that's the only way I can learn to play a song. smirk
Thanks!

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#1938756 - 08/07/12 11:55 AM Re: Help me get my sheet music into Synthesia! [Re: Sveden]
carlosj116 Offline

If you download Smartscore X Pro, you can scan the sheet music or use a digital copy (digital copies always convert better) and the software will read the sheet music and once it has finished, you can save the file as a midi, which can be used by Synthesia.
However, some sheet music just doesnt go well with the program and will have a strange timing, but most do go well,
Hope this helps,
Carl
Alkan : Le Chemin De Fer
Alkan : Scherzo Diabolico
Mussorgsky-Chernov : Night on a Bald Mountain
Liszt : Transcendental Etude 4 "Mazeppa"

#1938867 - 08/07/12 04:43 PM Re: Help me get my sheet music into Synthesia! [Re: Sveden]
Briguy65 Offline

Loc: So California
It's too bad you don't spend the time to learn how to read music -- it's really quite a powerful tool to have in your back pocket. It's a whole world of music at your fingertips.

#1938879 - 08/07/12 05:23 PM Re: Help me get my sheet music into Synthesia! [Re: Sveden]
carlosj116 Offline

yeah, youre better off learning how to read it at some point, all you really need to remember are FACE and ACEG
Alkan : Le Chemin De Fer
Alkan : Scherzo Diabolico
Mussorgsky-Chernov : Night on a Bald Mountain
Liszt : Transcendental Etude 4 "Mazeppa"

#1984765 - 11/09/12 07:47 PM Re: Help me get my sheet music into Synthesia! [Re: carlosj116]
glovewildplaces Offline

Synthesia will help in this regard, just turn sheet music on, read the notes and watch the keys at the same time ! Hey I'm 59 years old and I've spent just a little time over the passed year slowly learning to read, it is worth it.... (Secondary to learning to play anything I hear of course so I'm not at the mercy of someones scoring....)
Just takes time and a "fair" ear. (I'm deaf in one.) laugh
Ps. Love SmartScoreX also, they have a 50.00 midi version out now it has done a pretty good job for me.

#1984871 - 11/10/12 02:51 AM Re: Help me get my sheet music into Synthesia! [Re: Sveden]
Bobpickle Offline

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014

Loc: Cameron Park, California
Originally Posted By: Sveden
I can't read sheets and I don't have time to learn

I'd argue if time is a concern, you don't have time not to learn to read music. If you change your mind regarding the matter, see my thread of free resources on learning such subjects here: Music Theory 101

edit: as far as my ethos is concerned (assuming you care), I also learned to play the piano using Synthesia - 4-6 full works, actually (and regrettably). Unless you wish to only ever play this one piece, you may be interested in knowing that in the time it takes to learn 1 piece with Synthesia, you could learn to read music, get part of the way through the first piece, and already be on your way to breezing through a second.

Edited by Bobpickle (11/10/12 02:55 AM)

#1984940 - 11/10/12 07:11 AM Re: Help me get my sheet music into Synthesia! [Re: Sveden]
Rank Piano Amateur Offline
1000 Post Club Member

You cannot be a real pianist, composer, or musician unless you can read music. The idea that you do not have the time to learn to read music manifests pride worthy of a poem by John Milton himself. Do you seriously think that you are better in some way than virtually all musicians who have gone before you? Unless you have a learning disability that forecloses you from reading music, you have no excuse.

#1985220 - 11/11/12 02:37 AM Re: Help me get my sheet music into Synthesia! [Re: Rank Piano Amateur]
Bobpickle Offline

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014

Loc: Cameron Park, California
Originally Posted By: Rank Piano Amateur
You cannot be a real pianist, composer, or musician unless you can read music. The idea that you do not have the time to learn to read music manifests pride worthy of a poem by John Milton himself. Do you seriously think that you are better in some way than virtually all musicians who have gone before you? Unless you have a learning disability that forecloses you from reading music, you have no excuse.

there's no reason to be rude; most people who don't know how to read simply don't understand how easy and accessible learning is - I certainly didn't.

#1985222 - 11/11/12 02:47 AM Re: Help me get my sheet music into Synthesia! [Re: Sveden]
BDB Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oakland
Some people are musically dyslexic. Here is a photo of me shaking the hand of someone who is:

I may be able to read music better than he can, but I am by no means a better pianist, composer, or musician than he is. Few people in world are.

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What to look for in a keyboard
by Tikki56
10/01/14 06:30 PM
Christmas duets for Student and Teacher
by Purpl3keys
10/01/14 06:24 PM
The Steinway S in 1936
by Rich Galassini
10/01/14 06:21 PM
Yamaha CP5
by Synner
10/01/14 05:43 PM
Vice grip needle nose threaded bolt dimensions
by Olek
10/01/14 05:10 PM
Who's Online
125 registered (ajames, ando, accordeur, alfredo capurso, 46 invisible), 1384 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76396 Members
42 Forums
157933 Topics
2319394 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission