2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 9 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 33 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 32 33
K
K
Originally Posted by PianoWorksATL

If I had to guess, I'd hope these models make it hear in 6-7 months at the very earliest. And no doubt with a price increase similar to the new Privias. Make your decisions accordingly. wink

Well, I'm certainly no global marketing expert but I can't understand Casio's logic with keeping the AP-x50 series exclusively for the Japanese market for so long. From what I can tell the AP-x20 series is quite popular in North America and upgrading them would ensure that they stay above the curve in their price category. It also makes for a somewhat baffling situation where their flagship home line will be technically inferior to the new Privias.

One saving grace though, the PX-850 looks to be very close to the Celvianos. Not exactly a stately appearance, but it might suit my particular needs. Guess I'll just have to wait and see when they make it into stores here. smile

4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
I don't remember when the current AP-x20 was announced in Japan, but it did arrive to Europe 4-5 months before the US. It may be a large scale test market or a throwback to the past when so much tech arrived first in Japan.

There are still boatloads of AP-x20s to sell between now and Christmas. If the PX-850 arrives mid-late Oct, then you're halfway again to NAMM and everybody's new stuff. It's never ending!

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
M
M

The demonstration of the new Privia PX 750. This meeting was held on August 2, 2012.

[video:youtube]J5Q6aqWDZ9o&feature=plcp[/video]

[video:youtube]a3irlBA_81s&feature=plcp[/video]

2012カシオ新製品内覧会 電子ピアノデモンストレーション1
shimayokohama
02/08/2012

Last edited by mg64; 08/07/12 10:52 AM.
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
I don't really understand the setting and purpose of this recording. Perhaps someone can explain . By the way, although its my personal opinion I don't really like the looks of the Casios . Still a bit un-stylish and cheap look. Not my cup of tea. I do like the looks of the Kawai CS series and piano cabinets like the LX-15 (Roland) and stage piano's like the MP10. Nice styling and classy looks - not plain bread and butter and pure functional casing. Still a matter of taste...

X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
X
Yeah, the piano is hidden behind the violin ...

I like that it appears to be a slim model. I can understand how people might want something with more physical presence than this. But the 750 is only going to be ~$800 street price, yeah?

Last edited by xorbe; 08/07/12 03:03 PM.
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by JFP
I don't really understand the setting and purpose of this recording. Perhaps someone can explain . By the way, although its my personal opinion I don't really like the looks of the Casios . Still a bit un-stylish and cheap look. Not my cup of tea. I do like the looks of the Kawai CS series and piano cabinets like the LX-15 (Roland) and stage piano's like the MP10. Nice styling and classy looks - not plain bread and butter and pure functional casing. Still a matter of taste...
I personally agree and understand your point, but I have to consider this apples to oranges. The Privia series completely stem from the portable models. The form of the consoles follow the function of the portables. The result is a very affordable piece. An LX-15 is gorgeous...and 9x the price. While not as nice as the CS or LX, Casio's Celviano line has styling very comparable to Yamaha & Roland's other consoles.

An interesting experiment in our store is comparing the Roland F120 vs RP-301. People like the idea of the slimline F120, but a majority are willing to pay the extra ~25% for the RP-301 cabinet even though the features are identical. I had thought people would be more price sensitive but not surprisingly, most people take pride in their digitals and are willing to pay for their preferred style.

Sam Bennett
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Well, you put it in your living room right ?! So..

X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
X
Originally Posted by JFP

Some of us have healthy incomes, but live in small apartments in large cities. (Which is why some of us beg for a fully featured model, but a lighter weight/slimmer board. Others want to gig.)

I could easily buy a CVP-509, but where the heck am I going to put it, lol @ 180 lbs.

4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by JFP
My FP-7F is in my living room backed up to my sofa. It's attractive-ish for what it is, but that's not why its in my living room. smile

Sam Bennett
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by xorbe
Originally Posted by JFP

Some of us have healthy incomes, but live in small apartments in large cities. (Which is why some of us beg for a fully featured model, but a lighter weight/slimmer board. Others want to gig.)

I could easily buy a CVP-509, but where the heck am I going to put it, lol @ 180 lbs.

I agree with you 100%- My main motivation for using a lighter board includes some of the following reasons:
1. As you said it is not 180 pounds, that would be a pain to unpack and assemble. It is much easier dealing with a 36 pound box containing a 25 pound piano
2. If I want to upgrade it is a lot easier selling the 25 pound piano to a stranger on craiglist than a 200 pound console
3. I can take the PX130 or P95 out to gigs, peoples houses and because it was not too expensive I do not have to worry as much about it.

True on the flip side I am missing some features, but I had to make decisions based on what would be best for my situations.

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
I was specifically referring to the styling of the cabinet piano's PX-750/850)- the stage versions I rather like and serve a different purpose. Cabinet style DP's are usually for in the living room - so styling is an issue in my opinion...(and remains a matter of taste , but I think you can do a better cabinet drawing for the same amount of money as a manufacturer).

X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
X
Originally Posted by JFP
Cabinet style DP's are usually for in the living room - so styling is an issue in my opinion

The models in the Privia line all seem fairly slim.
There are larger models ... looking for these?
Casio Celviano AP-620

Last edited by xorbe; 08/08/12 02:43 AM.
K
K
Originally Posted by JFP
Cabinet style DP's are usually for in the living room - so styling is an issue in my opinion

The models in the Privia line all seem fairly slim.
There are larger models ... looking for these?
Casio Celviano AP-620

The problem with the Celviano's is that as soon as the new Privia's were announced the Celviano line became "last generation". The AP-x50 line is the replacement, but it has not been announced in North America, only Japan. So if someone in the US wants Casio's latest and greatest, they're stuck with the Privia's for now.

X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
X
Man you guys are picky haha. [Linked Image]

My complaint about the preferably-slim 750/850 is that they rip out all the cool sounds and whatnot present in the "lower-end" keyboards. I guess they think it competes too much with the titanic AP-620. It's a shame that they purposefully don't make the best products that they could in each form-factor.

Ah, this AP-650 video was posted yesterday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4-FpJ5unnE

Last edited by xorbe; 08/08/12 04:24 PM.
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Casio has done exactly what they did in the previous series of Privia/Celviano. The PX-150 AP-250 are the base models. The PX-350 and AP-650 are similar. The 350 is a stage piano while the 650 is the equivalent console. Although, the 650 has the extended polyphony (256), sympathetic resonance (what Casio is calling string resonance), the additional instrument sounds, 17track recorder, rhythms, and other refinements. The PX-350 lacks the sympathetic resonance, the extended polyphony, the bigger amp, speakers, and cabinet. The PX-850 seems to compare with the AP-450. I agree that it would have been nice if the PX-350 had all the features of the AP-650, however, the price would have gone up more than $100.

X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
X
Originally Posted by galaxy4t
I agree that it would have been nice if the PX-350 had all the features of the AP-650, however, the price would have gone up more than $100.

My apology, but it has to be done ...

[Linked Image]

K
K
I agree that it would have been nice if the PX-350 had all the features of the AP-650, however, the price would have gone up more than $100.

My apology, but it has to be done ...

[Linked Image]

+1 thumb

K.

Kevin L. Spindler
Early Keyboard Instruments
Stonington, CT
Harpsichords & Clavichords
Custom Instruments Built to Order
Rebuilding, Repair & Restoration
http://www.facebook.com/kevin.spindler.129
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
The PX-3 has not been revamped yet Perhaps Casio will up the ante and put all the features on it. You have to remember that Casio's market is at the lower end of the scale. It would be a bold step for them to start pricing their pianos more in line with Roland, Kawai, and Yahama. Who would be willing to buy a Casio for that kind of money?

B
B
Casio has been improving on their sounds and key action. What they offer on the PX330 / PX350 is not matched by any of the majors at the price point. Other than Casio, the rhythm section is absent from all companies, including Yamaha which offers this in the DGX640 but with GHS keys and 64 polyphony.

I have been on the look out for a good portable DP. Cant understand why Yamaha cant put the rhythm section in their portable DPs like the P155.

B
bfb Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Casio has done exactly what they did in the previous series of Privia/Celviano. The PX-150 AP-250 are the base models. The PX-350 and AP-650 are similar. The 350 is a stage piano while the 650 is the equivalent console. Although, the 650 has the extended polyphony (256), sympathetic resonance (what Casio is calling string resonance), the additional instrument sounds, 17track recorder, rhythms, and other refinements. The PX-350 lacks the sympathetic resonance, the extended polyphony, the bigger amp, speakers, and cabinet. The PX-850 seems to compare with the AP-450. I agree that it would have been nice if the PX-350 had all the features of the AP-650, however, the price would have gone up more than $100.

that would be an extra $100 well spent. its not really the speakers that people are talkig about, its the polyphony and the effects.

the 350 MSRP is $1099. The MSRP of the 330 was $899, right? i'm not sure they've added $200 (a 22.4% price hike) of value leaving all this stuff off the board. if they wanted to get away from the online retailers discounting these boards $100-200 off MSRP, this upgrade would be a great place to start...

Steinway M; Roland V-Piano; Yamaha P250;
Ivory II Grands, Italian, American D; Galaxy Vintage D; True Keys American; UVI Yamaha C7; Ravenscroft 275; Garritan CFX
Page 10 of 33 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission