2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, 9 invisible), 1,260 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Sveden Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I can't read sheets and I don't have time to learn so I'm asking if someone could play the song Animal by Miike Snow and then make it into a file for Synthesia, because that's the only way I can learn to play a song. smirk
Thanks!

C
C
If you download Smartscore X Pro, you can scan the sheet music or use a digital copy (digital copies always convert better) and the software will read the sheet music and once it has finished, you can save the file as a midi, which can be used by Synthesia.
However, some sheet music just doesnt go well with the program and will have a strange timing, but most do go well,
Hope this helps,
Carl

http://www.youtube.com/user/carlosj116/videos
-----------------------------------------------------
Main Pieces I'm Learning:
Alkan : Le Chemin De Fer
Alkan : Scherzo Diabolico
Mussorgsky-Chernov : Night on a Bald Mountain
Liszt : Transcendental Etude 4 "Mazeppa"
B
B
It's too bad you don't spend the time to learn how to read music -- it's really quite a powerful tool to have in your back pocket. It's a whole world of music at your fingertips.

C
C
yeah, youre better off learning how to read it at some point, all you really need to remember are FACE and ACEG

http://www.youtube.com/user/carlosj116/videos
-----------------------------------------------------
Main Pieces I'm Learning:
Alkan : Le Chemin De Fer
Alkan : Scherzo Diabolico
Mussorgsky-Chernov : Night on a Bald Mountain
Liszt : Transcendental Etude 4 "Mazeppa"
G
G
Synthesia will help in this regard, just turn sheet music on, read the notes and watch the keys at the same time ! Hey I'm 59 years old and I've spent just a little time over the passed year slowly learning to read, it is worth it.... (Secondary to learning to play anything I hear of course so I'm not at the mercy of someones scoring....)
Just takes time and a "fair" ear. (I'm deaf in one.) laugh
Ps. Love SmartScoreX also, they have a 50.00 midi version out now it has done a pretty good job for me.

B

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Sveden
I can't read sheets and I don't have time to learn

I'd argue if time is a concern, you don't have time not to learn to read music. If you change your mind regarding the matter, see my thread of free resources on learning such subjects here: Music Theory 101

edit: as far as my ethos is concerned (assuming you care), I also learned to play the piano using Synthesia - 4-6 full works, actually (and regrettably). Unless you wish to only ever play this one piece, you may be interested in knowing that in the time it takes to learn 1 piece with Synthesia, you could learn to read music, get part of the way through the first piece, and already be on your way to breezing through a second.

Last edited by Bobpickle; 11/10/12 03:55 AM.
R
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
You cannot be a real pianist, composer, or musician unless you can read music. The idea that you do not have the time to learn to read music manifests pride worthy of a poem by John Milton himself. Do you seriously think that you are better in some way than virtually all musicians who have gone before you? Unless you have a learning disability that forecloses you from reading music, you have no excuse.

B

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Rank Piano Amateur
You cannot be a real pianist, composer, or musician unless you can read music. The idea that you do not have the time to learn to read music manifests pride worthy of a poem by John Milton himself. Do you seriously think that you are better in some way than virtually all musicians who have gone before you? Unless you have a learning disability that forecloses you from reading music, you have no excuse.

there's no reason to be rude; most people who don't know how to read simply don't understand how easy and accessible learning is - I certainly didn't.

B
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
Some people are musically dyslexic. Here is a photo of me shaking the hand of someone who is:

[Linked Image]

I may be able to read music better than he can, but I am by no means a better pianist, composer, or musician than he is. Few people in world are.

Semipro Tech

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission