2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, 17 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
My mp3 is ready for the recital, but I still need to edit the video as I'm trying to do something more thematically complex with Sony Vega this time. It just occurred to me this morning that I could probably submit the mp3 and and add the Youtube later. Has anyone had any experience with this? I think Monica said she was going to be away starting today, so if anyone has done this kind of update, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Clearly I've been out of it. I just noticed the call for submissions, and I thought, already??

But already, the window is about to close. Wow. Like they say in that commercial: Life comes at you fast.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Starr Keys
My mp3 is ready for the recital, but I still need to edit the video as I'm trying to do something more thematically complex with Sony Vega this time. It just occurred to me this morning that I could probably submit the mp3 and and add the Youtube later. Has anyone had any experience with this? I think Monica said she was going to be away starting today, so if anyone has done this kind of update, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Yes, you can add a video link after you make your mp3 submission without losing your place in line. It's just like editing the text of your submission - you don't lose your place then either. You only drop to the bottom if you change the mp3 recording.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Thanks, Sam. I really appreciate the response smile

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
P.S. Thanks to you I'm number 43 this time in stead of #58 smile

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I think Monica said she was going to be away starting today, so if anyone has done this kind of update, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Actually today is the day I am getting back from my trip. smile And it seems like the recital managed to chug along fine without me, as we are up to a nice number of submissions already with a few days left to go.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
I'm finally in at #44! Yay! Not completely happy with my recording, but heck, there's a couple days left, right? Looks like I'm right after some good company! (Starrkeys).

I am so looking forward to listening to everyone!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
C
C
Just uploaded my try on the Bach Prelude BWV 846. I had to choose between a relatively easy but faster Mozart menuet and the Prelude.
I still have the problem with the piece, keeping constant tempo and the legato between the arpeggios is quite difficult.
But I'm curious what you think.

Last edited by ClavBoy; 08/12/12 03:04 AM.

Roland FP-7F

Working on:
Schumann: From Foreign Lands and Countries, op. 15; Burgmüller op. 100, Arabesque; Tchaikovsky op. 39 no. 15, Italian Song

Dreaming of:
Some Scott Joplin pieces i.e. Bethena. Still years to go for that...
Satie: Gnossienne No. 1. Maybe a bit earlier

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by CMohr
I'm finally in at #44! Yay! Not completely happy with my recording, but heck, there's a couple days left, right? Looks like I'm right after some good company! (Starrkeys).

Thanks, CMohr. I feel honored to be followed by you but glad its not the other way around, since you are usually such a hard act to follow. I'm also not completely happy with my recording but "it goes like it goes"...:)

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
It just occurred to me this morning that I could probably submit the mp3 and and add the Youtube later.

Oh now, StarrKeys, that is cheating! wink Enjoy the process of video editing in Sony Vegas, which by the way, is a great video editor!

I submitted my mp3 (and uhmmm... youtube link) some time ago and I can't wait for this recital to open as there are so many interesting pieces listed!!

My piano channel on YouTube: Link
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Amaruk
[quote=Starr Keys]
Oh now, StarrKeys, that is cheating! wink Enjoy the process of video editing in Sony Vegas, which by the way, is a great video editor!

Now, Amaruk, you know I don't mean that kind of editing! I'm talking about the kind of visual editing where you can insert film or photos like Rossy does or cut from the piano to either or both and back, like Falmc does. Trust me, you'll know I didn't do any audio editing -- played the piano straight through and sung straight through-- when you hear my singing!

Last edited by Starr Keys; 08/12/12 01:32 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
smile I meant that submitting the mp3 before you have the video ready is cheating... LOL

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Oh blush

D
D
All recording done... and audio and video synced up...

BUT - I'm really struggling to get everything uploaded into YouTube this time! GRRRR...
I'll keep trying throughout the day - but with 3 clips to upload and 2 to merge together it feels like post-production is WAAAAAY more work than the playing was! (Which may be a reflection on the poor preparation of my playing this time round?!)

Parent....
Orchestral Viola player (stictly amateur)....
Hack Pianist.... (faded skills from glory days 20 yrs ago)
Vague Guitar & Bass player.... (former minor income stream 15 yrs ago)
Former conductor... (been a long time since I was set loose with a magic wand!)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
DadAgain,
I know exactly how it feels... My first video editor used to freeze my computer up more often than desired... I have since changed my flow entirely; video editor, camcorder, computer, and most important; OS. smile My new editor in fact automatically syncs audio and video! laugh

Video editing can be frustrating and IS VERY time consuming but I always think it is worth it in the end.

I hope we get many video entries this time too. In the last recital we had 16 videos out of 50 submissions. Not bad at all!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
In at #48. Yay! smile

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by DadAgain

"Theme from Schindler's List"? Wow, I love that!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
D
D
Originally Posted by CarlosCC

Is it? - News to me.... . Which? The P or the F or both.... or daughters Invention? Anyway - its all in and done.

Experimented with a new recording tech after previous attempts at using the Nikon D90 or iPhone were uninspiring. I tried using my laptops built in mic with audacity and syncing with the video from the camera! It was surprisingly ok (bit buzzy - but a decent enough sound).

Sorry about the playing - lots of screw-ups... (I'm not very good at Bach - far too fiddly for me!)

Parent....
Orchestral Viola player (stictly amateur)....
Hack Pianist.... (faded skills from glory days 20 yrs ago)
Vague Guitar & Bass player.... (former minor income stream 15 yrs ago)
Former conductor... (been a long time since I was set loose with a magic wand!)
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CarlosCC

Is it? - News to me.... . Which? The P or the F or both.... or daughters Invention? Anyway - its all in and done.

Experimented with a new recording tech after previous attempts at using the Nikon D90 or iPhone were uninspiring. I tried using my laptops built in mic with audacity and syncing with the video from the camera! It was surprisingly ok (bit buzzy - but a decent enough sound).

Sorry about the playing - lots of screw-ups... (I'm not very good at Bach - far too fiddly for me!)

Sorry, wrong quote.
I want to mean the piece sumbitted by daveindenton - Theme from Schindler's List (John Williams)

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
R
R
I listened to my recording I took earlier before my holiday and its not very good. It has too many mistakes in it and I didn't even play the parts in it in the correct order. Since i am overseas and have no access to a piano at the moment, i'll pass for this recital. frown

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission