Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 92 of 238 < 1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 237 238 >
Topic Options
#1808277 - 12/18/11 06:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I saw one of those lists for the top 10 Christmas movies of all time and this was on it:

Has anyone seen it? It looks really cool.

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1808501 - 12/19/11 07:45 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Wow thanks for posting that PPP , now I am frightened of christmas, because i did do doing three naughty things last year. havent seen it yet , but will do as soon as Possible.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1808532 - 12/19/11 09:09 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: polyphasicpianist]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Good morning everyone. Let me know how the movie turns out Rossy and PPP, I'm always looking for a good movie. Rossy, I hope you're feeling better today. I know it takes a little time to shake off a cold. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Since I put off doing the household chores over the last few days, I gotta get busy today before I go back to work tomorrow. My posts today will help get me in the mood. I've been listening to some great musicians from Minneapolis this morning.

Get out your dancing shoes for my first offering! Here is Morris Day and the Time With "the Bird."

#1808534 - 12/19/11 09:20 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
griffin2417 Offline

Prince and Morris Day worked and performed together in Minneapolis as they launched themselves to the national and international scene. Check out this performance by Prince. "The Ride" is an example of what an awesome guitarist Prince is.

#1808536 - 12/19/11 09:30 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Speaking of guitars, check out this amazing lineup of musicians performing at George Harrison's induction into the rock n' roll hall of fame. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers featuring Jeff Lynne, Prince and George's son Dhani Harrison.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

#1808538 - 12/19/11 09:32 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

That's it for me right now. Onward to my chores. I'll check in later, however. Have a good day!

#1808549 - 12/19/11 10:02 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Griffin, the 'chord is now here: not the one I was expecting, but hey, who's complaining? grin

Rossy, the office was at least presentable when it arrived: only 4 or 5 boxes of books and stuff (mostly going to charity) plus 3 enormous piles of papers left to get through. It looked more 'perhaps time to do some tidying up in here' rather than 'was this room hit by an ICBM recently?'

Right, the purchase of most important Christmas present out of the way (for my gran) courtesy of the dependable - where grans are concerned - M&S, and with emergency mission to client completed, now must do VAT and accounts...

Addams Family theme on the aforementioned instrument:

OMG Griffin, just watching that Tom Petty! Thanks for digging that out! The first tune I *ever* remember on the radio - pelting down Moss Lane in Pinner in Middlesex in a turd-green Mini (windowless) van in 1966, on the car radio - was a Beatles tune, 'Michelle', when it hit the UK charts, which was when I was 6 years old. The Beatles were my youth.

Edited by Eglantine (12/19/11 10:10 AM)

#1808563 - 12/19/11 10:47 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

There was a lovely documentary about George Harrison on BBC4 just a couple of weeks ago....

#1808567 - 12/19/11 10:56 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Duplicate postie...!

Edited by Eglantine (12/19/11 10:57 AM)

#1808614 - 12/19/11 12:40 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Thnx for the film suggestion PPP!

Eglantine, don't forget, we want pics wink

#1808630 - 12/19/11 01:08 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
LisaE Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 05 2013

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
I LOVE that video of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps!" But I admit, this version will always be one of my faves.

(not sure if I did that right - first time I tried).

#1808652 - 12/19/11 01:46 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

LisaE , wellcome, you got it right first time!! Most of us spent ages figuring it out! lol.

Eglantine bought "something" for her Granma for christmas from M&S and me and Mrs R got to talking about what this could be?

Which Brings me to My Christmas warning about "Pants" to all men.

This is how we got there: Mrs R buys her pants from M&S and thought that was what M&S was for..buying pants.
So, she thought Eglantine may be buying Pants for Granma.

This is Rossys warning.
There are three main "types" of pants at M&S.
These being: "elderly ladies pants" ( often very large with heavilly elasticated areas and often thermally insulated)

"Wife and girlfrined pants" These are hard wearing/durable, last forever and ever, turn instantly grey first wash, are relatively inexpensive and come in packs of three.

Then there are "Sexyfuntime Pants"

Here is the jist of Rossys warning:

Never, ever, under any circumstances, not even for a joke, Buy Grandma "sexyfuntime pants"

The worse case scenario for doing so, is that Grandma will be pleased and put them on for christmas day, and show you. ( Sometimes elderly ladies go a bit strange without any sherry)

Never ever, under any circumstance buy wife or girlfriend "sexyfuntime pants" for christmas or any other occasion, as this is a total waste of money....
This is not how to do it at all..

To get wife or girlfriend in "sexyfuntime pants" you have to employ extreme trickery and deep psychology.. This is how its done:

You say " Oh, look at Beyonce, ( or christine aguilaria or Lady Ga ga or britney spears) I bet you have to have a specially shaped body just like hers to be able to wear those sexyfuntime pants"

This should Illicit a response something like this ; " no you dont, anyone could wear those sexyfuntime pants"

Then you have to argue a little ( not too much, you dont want "girlmood" to happen) You just say " You saying you could wear the sexyfuntime pants?"

If the answer is again "yes anyone can wear them"

You have to say "I'm not to sure about that, I dont really understand these things, I'd believe it if I saw it"

Next time you are in town, anywhere near sexyfuntime pants shops, you say, "hey look theres those sexyfuntime pants you reckoned anyone could wear"

And this is how it must be done, just buying sexyfuntime pants and wrapping them up in christmas paper with ribbons and bows and handing them over will result in dissapointment and maybe a yuletide arguament.

What will also never, ever work in the sexyfuntime pants department is saying " If you wear these you will look like britney spears" that is a totally disastrous approach and may result in personal injury.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1808684 - 12/19/11 02:36 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Go to google.. Type in; let it snow , then hit enter... and just watch! there is a blue button with "defrost" on it if you need to see what you are doing afterwards!

Wow how pretty is that?

#1808687 - 12/19/11 02:39 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Haha that was neat. Thanks for pointing that out..

BTW: I loved your pants post! LOL Too funny and very true!

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1808689 - 12/19/11 02:42 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

try;

Definition for english person

in google lol wink

Edited by wayne33yrs (12/19/11 02:44 PM)

#1808702 - 12/19/11 02:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
LMAO I choked on my tea over that!

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1808761 - 12/19/11 04:01 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

crazy

A serious question: in which order to put the CDs. I'm just unboxing around 1,300 of them now, with Ikea Billy shelves to put together...

I always used to do strictly alphabetic, but I'm veering towards alphabetic within genres, so as to have genres together, given the numbers.

#1808765 - 12/19/11 04:04 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

How did you find that one out Wayne? It does sort of sum us all up though!...lol.

I remember walking back from the stones at stonehenge one year to a field we were parked up in, allong a little lane, as we walked back a bunch of students was walking towards us...
One guy was talking and the others were listening, as they got closer I heard him say this..

" blah BLAH (couldnt hear the story) , and i didnt want everyone to think I was a C***" at that point we were right next to them.
I couldnt help it, I just said as we passed "why not?"

about six seconds passed for it to sink in, and all his mates fell about..

i think it worked on a few levels, first off , what does it matter if folk do think you are a C...?
and secondly, was he being a c.... but just didnt want folk to think that?

The next time we saw them, this guy pointed at me and said "theres that guy that called me a c..."
But, his mates started arguing with him... " no he didnt, he just said why dont you want folks to think you are?"

A big difference, but hilarious.

#1808767 - 12/19/11 04:07 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Eglantine, it doesnt matter, your harpsichord is most important, dont be ana. just stick em randomly so you get nice surprises when you go looking...
Alphabetical is like trainspotters... very organised but they were anoraks!

#1808768 - 12/19/11 04:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Mrs R says by colour, your supposed to do it by the colour of the spine! thats a total girl answer.

#1808795 - 12/19/11 04:43 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Pmsl @your POSTS Rossy, and the google thing, I saw on Facebook a bit back wink

#1808801 - 12/19/11 04:57 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Eglantine, it doesnt matter, your harpsichord is most important, dont be ana. just stick em randomly so you get nice surprises when you go looking...
Alphabetical is like trainspotters... very organised but they were anoraks!

I agree!

Edited by wayne33yrs (12/20/11 04:58 PM)

#1808815 - 12/19/11 05:15 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: wayne33yrs
try;

Definition for english person

in google lol wink

OMG!! laugh I just took a little break from my household chores, and decided to see what's happening on the thread here. Mischief abounds at Google! Too funny! I'll bet the folks at Google are tearing their hair out trying to fix this one!

#1808829 - 12/19/11 05:47 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well thanks dudes, I am feeling better mostly, it was one of those three day colds...lucky for me.

No, what I was thinking is that if we dont get stupid, like really quickly , we are in danger of having a serious christmas, as there are only a few days left.

OH, anyone fancy a competition,? See who can do the MOST posting actually on Christmas day, to sort of prove who couldnt care about christmas the most???

After all everyone says its about friends and not material stuff, which I agree with, so, My fiendish friends are here, So I for one will be...
Unless PW is actually shut on christmas day? (I know the local garage is for half a day)

Edited by Rostosky (12/19/11 05:49 PM)

#1808833 - 12/19/11 05:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: LisaE]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: LisaE
I LOVE that video of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps!" But I admit, this version will always be one of my faves.

(not sure if I did that right - first time I tried).

I can see why you like this Lisa. Fun! Welcome to this thread. I hope you will do more posts now that you're a pro at posting!! smile Rossy is right. I had all kinds of problems imbedding YouTube videos.

#1808840 - 12/19/11 05:58 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Well thanks dudes, I am feeling better mostly, it was one of those three day colds...lucky for me.

No, what I was thinking is that if we dont get stupid, like really quickly , we are in danger of having a serious christmas, as there are only a few days left.

OH, anyone fancy a competition,? See who can do the MOST posting actually on Christmas day, to sort of prove who couldnt care about christmas the most???

After all everyone says its about friends and not material stuff, which I agree with, so, My fiendish friends are here, So I for one will be...
Unless PW is actually shut on christmas day? (I know the local garage is for half a day)

I'm glad you're feeling better Rossy. BTW, I would have an unfair disadvantage in your proposed Christmas Day competition. I have guests coming, and we are doing ALL of the cooking! That's why I'm busy cleaning right now. Surely won't have time when we have to be cooking.

In fact, I may be so busy, I may not be able to post at all. I am distraught over the fact that I won't even get to do my weekly Classical Sunday postings. I've never missed -- even when I was sick. Oh well, we aren't even a year old on this thread. Exceptions will happen.

Edited by griffin2417 (12/19/11 06:02 PM)

#1808848 - 12/19/11 06:18 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Eglantine]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Eglantine
There was a lovely documentary about George Harrison on BBC4 just a couple of weeks ago....

Great news about the harpsichord Eglantine! Your recollection of Michelle brought up some fond memories I have of that song. In fact, I kept humming it through the day as I did my house cleaning. Rather than subject you to my humming, this is for you! Enjoy!

#1808851 - 12/19/11 06:23 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

well i too am the one doing the christmas dinner cooking , as i allways do all the cooking. But, I can still have my laptop on in the living room and when I bimble in from the kitchen, i can just do a pre-basting post. Then at some point there will be garbage on telly, so a quick post garbage and pre more garbage post.
then there will be unwrapping pressies, and as i am not having any pressies, I can do a quick "not unwrapping pressies like everyone else"

Also, when folk dissapear up to the toilet, after eating to much, I can do a quick "everyones in the toilet so I am not being unsociable "post.

surely christmas day has moments of sheer boredom for others? if so, this is when you can post.

#1808862 - 12/19/11 06:42 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

You're giving me some ideas Rossy! However, I won't make any promises yet about posting on Christmas Day.

In addition to cooking, I've also agreed to play some Christmas music on the piano! What was I thinking to have agreed to this!?! I will insist that the guests sing along so I can let their voices bury any mistakes I might make playing! laugh I have been practicing, however.

I must admit, I do have some Christmas music I had planned to post on Christmas Eve. I'll reconsider. I don't always post on Saturdays.

#1808869 - 12/19/11 07:05 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I'm off to sleep now folks, good night everyone...sleep well dudes and dudettes.

Page 92 of 238 < 1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 237 238 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
128 registered (Abby Pianoman, AmateurBob, A Guy, 43 invisible), 1490 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75336 Members
42 Forums
155776 Topics
2287270 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
If there were only 2 choices..
by ChopinFan66
07/10/14 08:04 PM
symphonic pianomusic
by dolce sfogato
07/10/14 06:16 PM
First Digital Piano - Casio AP250 or Roland RP301?
by Jorgeb
07/10/14 02:07 PM
Interested in an Exam Program; Which One Best in Eastern US?
by ClsscLib
07/10/14 10:40 AM
Should I buy a CP4 or RD- 800 ?
by Abby Pianoman
07/10/14 10:02 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission