Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1942871 - 08/14/12 10:17 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:cscl
Experience:5 years, 11 months
Direct music link:click to download
Title of piece:Bagatelle in G minor, Op. 119, No. 1
Composer:Beethoven, Ludwig van (1770-1827)
Duration:02:59
Source of music:Schirmer Performance Editions, Fur Elise and Other Bagatelles
Instrument used:Estonia 190 Parlour Grand
Recording method:Zoom H2 from the music desk
Technical feedback wanted:Yes
Additional info:Well, this is my transition piece moving from suburban Chicago to suburban Boston. I recorded this one in July while the piano movers were closing in on my house in Illinois. By the time the recital goes live, I'll be in my new place, maybe still waiting for my piano to arrive.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1942874 - 08/14/12 10:23 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:jotur/Cathy Turner
Experience:2 years of lessons early teens, 30+ years off, playing for dances since 1995. (oh dear, my truth serum kicked in for a minute and I originally typed "1195". But I overcame it smile )
Title of piece:Dill Pickle Rag
Composer:Charles L. Johnson
Duration:02:23
Source of music:The Fiddler's Fakebook, lead sheet
Instrument used:Casio Privia PX-100
Recording method:digital to PC thru audacity
Technical feedback wanted:No
Additional info:Oh my. I just compared this with the Black and White Rag I submitted for recital #11. I've improved laugh Although this is still a tad slower than I wanted.

But I've upped my practice time lately, considerably, so this is also a little less sloppy than some of my submissions laugh For about the last 4 months I was mostly playing new stuff for backing a vocalist or fitting in an ensemble so my solo work was really neglected. So this came together a little faster than usual, too. I had an adequate take of another piece but I'll save it for next time.

Lunch - chicken sandwich. At my desk. At a client's. No one died in the library.

#1942875 - 08/14/12 10:23 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:TrapperJohn
Experience:6+
Title of piece:Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (from "Phantom...")
Composer:Andrew Lloyd Webber (music) ; Charles Hart & Richard Stilgoe (lyrics)
Duration:03:23
Source of music:Piano Vocal Selections from The Phantom of the Opera (Hal Leonard)
Instrument used:Yamaha Clavinova CVP-301
Recording method:Digital to PC
Additional info:In the movie version of "The Phantom of the Opera" young, beautiful and talented Christine has just taken over the lead soprano role at the 1870 Paris Opera and has just had her first intensely dramatic and strangely romantic encounter with the Phantom, the "angel of music" (or so she believes) that her late father had promised to send to her from heaven.

Her father had been a concert violinist and she had toured with him throughout Europe in her youth, during which he had instilled in her a deep-seated love for music - and respect and devotion to him.

Now, on the eve of her success she walks through the Paris Cemetery where he lies, longing to be with him again, and to hear his voice again, and to share her excitement and happiness with him again, and to talk about the mysterious and compelling angel of music again - in all, wishing he were somehow here again...

And then in the solitude of the cemetery with snow beginning to fall, and in the bittersweet sadness of the moment, she sings softly and tenderly at first (and with just the slightest touch of obsession):

(in G minor)
You were once my one companion,
You were all that mattered.
You were once a friend and father,
Then my world was shattered.

(in G major)
Wishing you were somehow here again,
Wishing you were somehow near;
Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed,
Somehow you would be here.

Wishing I could hear your voice again,
Knowing that I never would;
Dreaming of you won't help me to do,
All that you dreamed I could.

(in G minor)
Passing bells and sculpted angels,
Cold and monumental,
Seem for you the wrong companions,
You were warm and gentle.

(in G major)
[Instrumental interlude to the tune "Wishing you were somehow..."]
Too many years fighting back tears,
Why can't the past just die?

(In Bb Major)
Wishing you were somehow here again,
Knowing we must say goodbye.
Try to forgive, teach me to live,
Give me the strength to try.

No more memories, no more silent tears;
No more gazing across the wasted years.

Help me say goodbye.
Help me say goodbye.

With it's constant key changes "Wishing..." is perhaps the most musically creative and interesting of all the great Webber show tunes - and with it's hauntingly beautiful melodies and poignant lyrics maybe the most listenable and appealing.

Hope you enjoy, Trap

Note that "The Phantom of the Opera" began it's run in the mid-1980s and is now the longest running show in *Broadway* history - surpassed only by the awesomely spectacular "Les Miserables" on a *worldwide* basis.

#1942876 - 08/14/12 10:23 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:knotty
Title of piece:Petite Fleur
Composer:Sydney Bechet
Duration:07:48
Source of music:Sydney Bechet standard. A favorite of all french weddings and galas
Instrument used:acoustic piano + cornet + tenor sax + drums + bass
Recording method:Zoom h4
Additional info:Often played as a bossa, this works well as a Tango-type piece.

#1942878 - 08/14/12 10:24 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Andy Platt
Experience:Too long putzing on my own and two short years of lessons.
Title of piece:Prelude in E Minor (Opus 28, No 4)
Composer:Frederic Chopin
Duration:02:10
Source of music:Chopin: An introduction to his piano works
Instrument used:Kawai K3
Recording method:Zoom H1
Additional info:Listening to it, my chords just aren't quite together. There's still just too much tension in my left hand. But it's a piece I haven't played much in the last couple of months and I think it's came together pretty well with a couple of run throughs.

I do love this piece - such a wonderful, simple chord progression with an absolutely mesmerizing melody over the top. What Chopin could do with this is just amazing.

I had Baja Fresh for lunch ....

#1942879 - 08/14/12 10:24 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Newman
Experience:approx 18 months
Home page link:http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~lenilelu/
Title of piece:Desperado
Composer:Don Henley and Glenn Frey
Duration:03:43
Source of music:By ear.
Instrument used:Kawai KDP80
Recording method:Camera Phone
Additional info:This is a song I've always wanted to be able to play on piano. And of the songs I can play is probably the most 'pianoish'. I wish I has better recording equipment.

#1942880 - 08/14/12 10:24 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Copper
Experience:7
Title of piece:Ave Maria
Composer:Friedrich Burgmuller
Duration:01:44
Source of music:Sheet Music
Instrument used:Yamaha P-250
Recording method:Connected the Yamaha P-250 to the computer

#1942882 - 08/14/12 10:25 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Jake S
Experience:7 months
Title of piece:Ah Vous Dirai-je Maman
Composer:Mozart
Duration:13:31
Source of music:Sheet music (from memory)
Instrument used:Kawai CA93 Digital Piano
Additional info:First an admission- I recorded the 12 variations as separate pieces and merged them into one file later so that I could submit. I can (just) play through them all in one session but produce a better performance individually and would like to present them in that fashion.

I am pleased that I have managed to memorise the whole piece- something I thought would be tough when I started.

For those that don't recognise the title, this is Mozart's variations on Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

#1942883 - 08/14/12 10:25 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Augustina
Experience:Don't keep track... A few years maybe?
Title of piece:Touched
Composer:Joe Bongiorno
Duration:02:54
Source of music:Sheet Music
Instrument used:Casio WK500- 76 keys
Recording method:Cell Phone
Additional info:I posted this piece in the piano bar about a year ago. I thought I would try and record a better version from when I first posted it.
This particular piece is a slow and pretty song. I find slow songs challenging as I like to play things too fast. That said the tempo is going to be off a little...As well as some of the rhythm

Anyways enjoy!:)

#1942886 - 08/14/12 10:26 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Sand Tiger
Experience:Five months.
Home page link:http://sandtigerpiano.blogspot.com/
Title of piece:Ashokan Farewell
Composer:Jay Unger
Duration:02:04
Source of music:I transcribed YouTube videos to get a score in ABC format.
Instrument used:Yamaha NP11 digital
Recording method:Direct audio line in to Sony ICD-PX312 voice recorder, without any monitor. I did some minor editing with Audacity.
Additional info:Written in 1982, Ashokan Farewell has a much older feel to it. It was popularized by the PBS TV series on the Civil War.

I transcribed the score from YouTube videos and didn't take the time to work out the ending as it is written. As is, it is 14 weeks since I started working on it. I figure about 25% of all my piano time during my five month total has been spent on this one piece. Like many folks, I found the red dot to be daunting, and I have 25 discarded recordings to show the intimidation factor.

For reasons such as background noise, and mistakes, my cleanest recordings came with no audio feedback. I plugged a direct line from the keyboard to the voice recorder, with no monitor. Practicing with the volume off is part of my standard memorization routine.

I just bought a Sony PX312 voice recorder, replacing a Sony ST25 circa 2003. Obviously, I like the Sony recorders, and have had good luck with the ST25.

#1942887 - 08/14/12 10:26 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Serge88
Experience:6 years of piano experience + 5 years many years ago
Title of piece:What'd I say
Composer:Ray Charles
Duration:02:17
Source of music:Video, sheet music, IrockU piano lessons
Instrument used:Roland FP7
Recording method:Roland FP7 -midi- Garageband - Kontakt piano sampler
Additional info:Not exactly like the CD, I play the song about half of the tempo of Ray Charles and I also play with a drum track. It was fun to learn.

#1942891 - 08/14/12 10:29 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Starr Keys
Experience:3-1/2 this time around without a teacher, 2 years 15 years ago and about 3 as a child with teachers.
Video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysMt5PKGsDw
Title of piece:It Goes Like It Goes
Composer:David Shire
Duration:04:19
Source of music:Sheet music which I significantly altered to help me play and sing it--I needed all the help I could get!
Instrument used:Casio PX-3330 (Note the video shows me at my accoustic which I filmed separate from the audio mainly because I couldn't fit all the photos on my digital and they would look silly on it if I could.
Recording method:Zoom Q3
Additional info:Since my birthday was a few days before my quarterly August recital deadline, and my husband's is about a week after it, I wanted to choose something with a theme reflecting on the passing of time. I was particularly motivated to do this this year because of the health issues confronting us with each of our single remaining parents. My mother and I live on opposite coasts and she has her second major Cancer procedure this year next week, so I�ve gone outside my comfort zone and have used personal photos.

The song is the theme from Norma Rae. It won the Academy award for best song of 1979 but has rarely been covered since the original artist did it for the film. After trying to sing it, I can see why, it spans a wide range and has a lot of leaps and half steps and other chromatic intervals. I�m not terribly happy with the vocal but it is the best I can do right now and I know my mom will like it anyway. I hope you do. It's the first time I've used a sophisticated video editor (on the images, not the audio). I play the accompaniment which I memorized from the sheet music and then liberally changed to make it easier to play and sing and support my vocal phrasing. I had dim sung for lunch from the Chinese market.

#1942893 - 08/14/12 10:29 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:CMohr
Experience:5 or so years as a child - 3 years since returning
Title of piece:Imagination
Composer:Jimmy Van Heusen (music), Johnny Burke (lyrics)
Duration:02:22
Source of music:Lead Sheet
Instrument used:1907 Wellington Upright
Recording method:The Mikey by Blue Microphones. Converted from WAV to MP3 in iTunes.
Additional info:"Imagination" was written in 1940. I learned this tune at my mom's request and for her 90th birthday on August 9th. She has been asking me to play tunes she knows and started singing this one. I told her I would learn it for her.

This is my own arrangement and although played from memory, it is not without my usual mistakes and hesitations. (I really need to work on keeping good time). But I did manage to add a little improvisation towards the end.

I had a horrible time with the red dot (or in my case the blue dot) this time around.

Lunch was cilantro lime shrimp salad

#1942894 - 08/14/12 10:30 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:ClavBoy
Experience:3/4 year
Title of piece:Prelude No. 1 C Major BWV 846
Composer:J.S.Bach
Duration:02:21
Source of music:sheet music
Instrument used:Roland FP-7F
Recording method:Roland R-05
Additional info:Still very difficult for me. Practising it since I started with the piano.
Sounds for me as if the first notes of each arpeggio stick out too loud and the legato between the arpeggios is often not there (played without pedalling).
Like to know your opinion.

#1942896 - 08/14/12 10:30 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Ken.
Experience:4 years
Title of piece:Light Blue
Composer:Thelonious Monk
Duration:02:28
Source of music:Thelonious Monk Easy Piano Solos
Instrument used:Milton Spinet
Recording method:Zoom H4
Additional info:One of Monk's lesser played pieces. I wasn't going to submit anything this time since it wasn't up to tempo. The marked tempo is 62 and I was stuck on around 55, but in the last week I started to make progress again, until the time of recording this I was able to play it at tempo, Yay!:) I included two takes since it is a short piece and I couldn't decide which one to pick.

Here is Monk's version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twriNk0N9qQ

Here is some info on the tune: The first recorded evidence of this tune comes from a radio broadcast from Pep's Music
Lounge in Philadelphia, where Monk led a trio on February 9, 1957, consisting of Jimmy Bond and bass and Albert
"Tootie" Heath on drums. Interestingly, the first official recording of "Light Blue" was also live, this time at the
Five Spot Cafe on August 7, 1958. It is not a blues but rather a sixteen-bar theme played at a slow, plodding tempo
built on descending chord progressions.

#1942897 - 08/14/12 10:32 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:daveindenton
Experience:2 years, 6 months
Title of piece:Theme from Schindler's List
Composer:John Williams
Duration:02:00
Source of music:Sheet music
Instrument used:Yamaha P120
Recording method:Audacity via ProSonus Audiobox USB
Additional info:I was hesitant to turn this in because it's such a beautiful and moving piece. Hope I did a fair enough job with it. Comments welcome.

#1942898 - 08/14/12 10:32 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:MaryBee
Experience:40 years playing on my own, followed by 3.5 years of actual learning with a teacher.
Title of piece:Sonata in C minor, K.457, Mvt.1
Composer:Mozart
Duration:06:05
Source of music:"Mozart, his greatest Piano Solos". The book includes a one-page biography, along with this helpful heading: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Pronounced Mote-zart). Just in case you've never heard of him before. wink
Instrument used:Charles Walter 1520 upright
Recording method:Tascam DR-08. Converted to MP3 using Audacity.
Additional info:I had my heart set on learning the 2nd movement of this sonata, but my teacher wanted me to learn this movement first. I wasn't thrilled with that proposal, but I soon found myself falling in love with this piece -- it is so utterly full of excitement, passion, and drama. I think the coda is my favorite part of the entire movement. Listening to a professional recording of this can send shivers through me.

This piece has been a long time in the works. I started learning it over a year ago, brought it to a basic level, and then left it for a long time. But it kept calling me back, so I returned to it again at the beginning of this summer. It doesn't look or sound as if it should be so very difficult, but for me, so many spots took a lot of sweat to learn. It's not done yet, and it certainly isn't effortless yet. When I come back to it next time, one of the things I'll be working on is evening out and speeding up the tempo. But it has come a long way since the beginning, when my teacher's comment on the cantabile section was that it sounded like a "drunken uncle" singing. laugh

I edited out the first page turn between the exposition and the development sections. Both hands were busy at the time, so I had to stop to make the page turn. You will however, hear the second turn at the bottom of page 4.

BTW, I haven't forgotten the 2nd movement -- that will probably show up in a future recital. smile

#1942899 - 08/14/12 10:33 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:DadAgains_Daughter
Experience:since 5yrs old (now 8)
Video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1LMU-EAcQI
Title of piece:Invention in F Major
Duration:01:11
Instrument used:Bernstein (Hailun) 151
Recording method:onboard microphone on Dell laptop! Sounded better than iPad, Blackberry or Nikon D90 microphone

#1942900 - 08/14/12 10:33 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:DadAgain
Experience:Many years....
Video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cRedstkcbE
Title of piece:Prelude and Fugue XX - A minor
Duration:04:17
Instrument used:Bernstein (Hailun) 151
Additional info:Sorry - way too many stuff ups.

...and try as I might I can never get the hang of Bach. I don't know how to make it sound musical! (and can't do the trills in the Fugue!)

#1942901 - 08/14/12 10:34 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White
Experience:Lifetime by ear, self-teaching appx. six years
Title of piece:Dance of the Blessed Spirits
Composer:Christoph Willibald Ritter von Gluck
Duration:01:20
Source of music:sheet music
Instrument used:Yamaha P-80
Recording method:Audacity
Additional info:This piece was sight-read. I have been working on harder pieces, but ran out of time.

#1942903 - 08/14/12 10:35 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Falmc
Experience:5 years
Video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A5LRiqNNNo
Title of piece:Sweet Sereny
Composer:Carlos Mendoza Falmc
Duration:01:52
Instrument used:Keyboard
Recording method:audacity
Additional info:This song was originally written for guitar for my girlfriend Sereny, then when i learn some chords on piano i transcribed the song to piano

#1942904 - 08/14/12 10:35 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Clemente
Experience:Bunch of years as a teenager. Stopped playing/studying piano for a whole bunch of years, and just came back to playing and taking lessons a year and four months ago.
Home page link:http://pianoandstrings.com
Title of piece:Andalucia
Composer:Ernesto Lecuona
Duration:03:04
Instrument used:Boston Baby Grand piano
Recording method:ZOOM video recorder
Technical feedback wanted:No
Additional info:I read the first page of this pice on December 6th, 2011. The subsequent weeks were a joke which included 4 new teachers in a span of a month. Finally, on found a new teacher and the piece was picked up again at the end of January, concentrating on this piece every other week. It needs a little bit more of tender loving care. smile
If you wish to view the video, you are welcome to go to: http://www.pianoandstrings.com
Click on the "Videos" page.

#1942905 - 08/14/12 10:35 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Norrec (Tim)
Experience:Started playing about 2 years ago, but with a one year break. Been back to playing for two months.
Title of piece:Beaming Sunlight
Composer:Michiru Oshima
Duration:01:30
Source of music:I played using sheet music transcribed by 'Snomits' availible at the following link,http://snomits.net/sheets.php?x=anime
Instrument used:Keyboard, Yamaha YPG-235
Recording method:Lacking a USB cable, I carried the keyboard to my computer and laid my microphone directly over one of the speakers. I then recorded with Audacity.
Additional info:I watched the Full Metal Alchemist anime on Netflix following my brothers recomendation, I was impressed with much of the music from it and, having recently begun playing piano, I found what sheet music I could. It wasn't until after my break that I actually attempted to learn to play any of it. Thanks goes to Derulux and packa for helping me with the finguring for the section starting at 25 seconds. The only other sturggle I had with this peice was the first sheet music I tried to use contained either errors or notation that was confusing to me, Snomits's version was much clearer.

This is my first time playing anything outside of Alfred's Adult Piano Level 1 and my first time recording. I found recording harder than I expected because every time I listen I hear a mistake and want to try again. I finally settled on this being 'good enough' with time running out.

#1942906 - 08/14/12 10:36 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:notbach
Experience:15 months
Title of piece:To a Wild Rose (Op.51 No. 1)
Composer:Edward MacDowell
Duration:02:10
Source of music:'Piano Classics' compilation (Fall River Press)
Instrument used:Bosendorfer B-200 (1979)
Recording method:Zoom H4n with built-in microphones
Additional info:As usual, I was caught unawares by the recital announcement, only this time I had no ready-to-go pieces to record. I thought it would be fun to start a new piece and see how far I could get with it by the deadline.

It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy overall. I'm getting better at playing through mistakes, and I've left a few in this recording for discipline (haha).

Oh yeah, I've never heard a performance of To a Wild Rose, so I have no idea how far I am from the 'standard' interpretation. Any performance advice would be most welcome (wouter79, you have advanced permission to comment!).

#1942907 - 08/14/12 10:36 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:lyricmudra
Experience:Learned classical piano as a child until I was 13 or 14 years old. Did not touch the piano for some 35 years until about three years ago. I have not taken piano lessons since childhood but I plan to find a teacher in the near future.
Video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQIVp_72V60
Home page link:http://www.youtube.com/user/lyricmudra
Title of piece:Sheep May Safely Graze (from J.S. Bach's Birthday Cantata)
Composer:J.S. Bach (arranged by Egon Petri)
Duration:04:29
Instrument used:Kawai RX-2 Blak
Recording method:Zoom H4N (audio) and Kodak Zi8 (video)
Additional info:When I heard this piece months ago it sounded simple, but it turned to be harder to learn than my previous May recital piece! My current rendition of it needs more work technically (there are wrong and missed notes), needs improvement in voicing, and has to mature more in expression, I believe. This is what I have so far. It is a work in progress. :-)

#1942908 - 08/14/12 10:36 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:RedKat
Experience:Experience: Had to follow compulsory "basic" piano during my violin study as a child. Well, it was very formal, just for the record. Now, has been playing for almost 2 years after a 30 year break
Title of piece:Waltz, B minor, Op. 69 n. 2
Composer:Chopin
Duration:03:56
Source of music:Memorized sheet
Instrument used:Essex EUP-123
Recording method:Zoom H1 WAV 48/24, Audacity to convert to mp3 192kbs
Additional info:I think this is one of the most beautiful waltzes ever written. Hence, my desire of playing it doesn't need any explanation. Yet, I found it challenging and a little bit beyond my current abilities to play in a really comfortable way (you will hear wrong notes here and there, etc.; even the pure length of the piece plus the red dot pressure makes it quite difficult to play without any mistakes). Still, I hope you will enjoy this Chopin's jewel.

#1942909 - 08/14/12 10:37 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Grouchomarx
Experience:3-4 years
Title of piece:Hungarian Rhapsody 2 Lassan (no Friska)
Composer:Franz Liszt
Duration:05:21
Instrument used:Digital piano roland hp305
Recording method:Audacity
Additional info:Hadn't visited the site in some time and recalled that the recital would probably be around now. With less than a day worth of time I had no choice but to take the audio from an old video and upload that. Would have like to make a new recording of the piece but noticed that I couldn't play it properly anymore.
With a bit more time I probably would have been able to upload the piece that I'm currently working on(rach op 32 no 12). The piece that I uploaded instead is the first part of Liszt famous Hungarian rhapsody no. 2.

#1942910 - 08/14/12 10:37 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:Tiago84
Experience:5 months
Title of piece:Prelude in E minor (Op28 No4)
Composer:Chopin
Duration:02:29
Instrument used:Kawai CN-33
Recording method:Reaper
Additional info:Work in progress, oh and ribs!

I've messed up in some parts, already showed it to my teacher and she pointed out the parts I can improve. It has been a lot of fun laugh

#1942911 - 08/14/12 10:37 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:AndyMc
Experience:15 yrs, off and on
Video link:http://youtu.be/Lhq7Al3US44
Home page link:http://www.lineandlandscape.com
Title of piece:Riverlights #1
Composer:original composition
Duration:02:59
Source of music:Sheet music: http://db.tt/BO00fIAH
Instrument used:Kohler & Campbell
Recording method:iPhone
Additional info:I'm new to the forum; thanks for the opportunity to participate.

#1942912 - 08/14/12 10:38 PM Re: Recital #27 --- August 15, 2012 [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Performer's name:yohyrral (= Larry Hoy)
Experience:30 years (mostly) off and more on since I acquired a real piano of my own
Title of piece:Three Themes for Piano
Composer:Lawrence Hoy
Duration:08:34
Source of music:Original composition play by ear
Instrument used:J&C Fischer Baby Grand rebuilt c. 2009, vintage unknown- 1920's or 30's
Recording method:zoom H2

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Concert Grand
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
67 registered (bennevis, 36251, AndrewJCW, angga888, beeboss, AZNpiano, 19 invisible), 1246 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75487 Members
42 Forums
156081 Topics
2292027 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk?
by CarloPiano
Today at 05:04 AM
Another Improvisation
by Polyphonist
Today at 02:55 AM
4/4 measure in 3/4 time?
by caters
Today at 01:10 AM
Mac mini for software pianos?
by Mta88
Today at 01:10 AM
Installed an LX system on my Baldwin C
by SpectrumMan
Today at 12:04 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission