2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
74 members (20/20 Vision, brdwyguy, AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 10 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
30. cscl - Bagatelle in G minor, Op. 119, No. 1 Very nice clarity and balance. Beautifully played.

31. jotur/Cathy Turner - Dill Pickle Rag I love these rags! It just makes me want to dance. Your playing is full of fun and happiness.

32. TrapperJohn - Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (from "Phantom...") This is my favorite song from “Phantom”. It is one of my evening “Play for fun” pieces (an easy arrangement). You presented a lovely version of it, very well played. You gave it the heart that it requires. Loved it!

33. knotty - Petite Fleur Very professionally done. All the instruments solos were impressive. Very fun!

34. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 28, No 4) This prelude has such a haunting sadness. Your dynamics were perfect to express its quiet anguish. Wonderful playing.

35. Newman - Desperado You have a great voice and you did a really nice job on this. Your piano accompaniment is nicely subdued to support you vocal. Well done!

36. Copper - Ave Maria Very clean, even playing with well voiced chords and clear voices. Nicely done.

37. Jake S - Ah Vous Dirai-je Maman Very well done! You gave it the clarity that Mozart requires. Every note counts in Mozart and your performance is near perfect. Truly outstanding.

38. Augustina - Touched This a beautiful song, and you have a nice touch for it. I thought your dynamics and tempo were very good.

39. Sand Tiger - Ashokan Farewell You have made remarkable progress in only five months. I liked your dynamics on this piece. Nice job!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
First batch:

01. wouter79 - La Poule (Nouvelles suites de pieces de clavecin, No.12) - Very solid and clear interpretation. It's amazing how did you reached such level with only 2,5 years of experience. Very good!

02. dannylux / Mel - Bortkiewicz Lyrica Nova Op.59 No.3 - Thanks for bringing Bortkiewicz again to us. It's real beautifull and I can see (ear) how you love this kind of music. Congratulations.

03. BenPiano - Prelude Op. 17 No 6 - What a lovely and romantic piece. I love the way you play it, full of emotion and with a constant rhythm along entire piece. Well done.

04. Jazzwee - Invitation - Jazzwee, I was transported to a live concert! I loved it! It must be really good play in a band as you do. Congratulations to you and your fellows.

05. Inlanding - Glen - Warum? Op 12 No 3 - It is a beautifull piece. There is, in fact, a dialog along it, and you did an excellent interpretation with the delicacy that the piece requires. Congratulations.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

20. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Rigaudon & Entree Both pieces sound like two voice inventions. You did a good job of bringing out each voice. They are like puzzles. Very nice job! Bach here you come!

21. timmyab - Moment musical Nr.2 Beautiful piece. I am not very familiar with Schubert, and this is a great introduction. I thought your tempo and dynamics sounded great. The FF was a surprise, but worked beautifully well. I really enjoyed this.

22. Lady Chen - Nocturne in E minor, op. 72, no. 1 This is such a beautiful nocturne and you play it perfectly, expressing the tension that plays throughout. A very powerful performance. Wonderful job.

23. MrPozor - Minuet in A minor - Z649 Very even playing. Very well played for such a short time at the piano.

24. Monica K. - Fairy Tale Fairytale is a good title for this. It has a light, floating, magical feel. You gave it that effect very well. The arpeggios sounded very even and nicely subdued beneath the floating melody. Lovely job!

25. Cookie74 - Invention No. 4 in D minor Welcome to the recital! Nice job on this invention. The voices were even, the trills sounded easy. Well played.

26. Mile Hi Steve - Leaning on the Everlasting Arms Beautiful arrangement of this classic hymn. I really enjoyed the character that you gave it.

27. Bobpickle - June (Barcarolle) Your interpretation of this piece was lovely, expressing the changing mood as the piece advances. This is an outstanding job for only 8 months experience. Wonderful playing.

28. joangolfing - The Poet Speaks Congratulations on your new grand! It has a wonderful voice. You showed it off well with your playing of this piece. I enjoyed your interpretation of this piece very much.

29. Mar_red - Rosemary's Baby - Lullaby Beautiful arrangement! I like the underlying tension that you create in this piece. The arpeggio accompaniments in the right hand have a wonderful lilting character that sets the melody off well.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
More 5:

06. Mr Super Hunky - There is love (The wedding song) - I agree, it's beautifull and you did a wonderful work. It's amazing how you can play an entire piece just because you've heard it... I wish I could do that, too. Congratulations!

07. SwissMS - Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 Nr. 2 - I never get tired of listening this piece, no matter how many times I've already heard it. You did the right decision about relearn it, because it's b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-l. You are very lucky to make it part of your repertoire. Congratulations.

08. CarlosCC - Ambers - Oh, this is familiar to me... smile

09. Diana - Raymond - Theme from Overture - Diana, I wonder what will be your progress. If with only 5 months you play like this, what will happen when you have more time of experience? It's a very solid and "clean" interpretation. Very good!

10. Recaredo (Ricardo) - Piano sonata No 25 Op 79. Second movement. - Ricardo, you did a good decision. First, no matter how difficult is a piece (even the pieces that are above our level) for sure you learned some new technique you will apply later. Second, it's a sign of maturity recognize that one is below a piece level. For that, my congratulations. No matter your thoughts about it, I liked a lot.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Random Reviews...

24. Monica K. - Fairy Tale

Light and delicate - played with a finely honed and soft and nimble touch - so easy to listen to and enjoy - "musicboxesque" to coin a word...

I missed seeing you and your sturdy M&H...

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
Y
Y
Hello Peyton and thank you for the kind words. The "composition" is actually an improvisation on three different concepts that I have been working with that may or may not become actual songs at some point. We were experimenting with my son's new recorder; I sat down to play,this came out and I thought it was worth saving. I was nervous about sharing it and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it.

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
21. timmyab - Moment musical Nr.2 You grabbed me from the first chord. This is simply so beautiful and expertly played. The phrasing is delicate and delightful; the dynamics are excellent. Those chords which could sound so vertical, move along naturally and are shaped magnificently. Just wonderful.

22. Lady Chen - Nocturne in E minor, op. 72, no. 1 I'm glad you decided to revisit this - it's delightful. You give a wistful, but grounded performance. The melody sores while the accompaniment is perfectly balanced against it.

23. MrPozor - Minuet in A minor - Z649 This is a piece I learnt from the same source (The Piano Handbook) that you did. I thought you did a great job, very straightforward. I would suggest that you repeat it (because it's so short) and vary the dynamics the second time through. Perhaps a little softer, more wistful?

24. Monica K. - Fairy Tale Beautiful. I know exactly what you mean about pp arpeggios, grrh. You kept them smooth and nicely phrased though. It was a very tender performance.

25. Cookie74 - Invention No. 4 in D minor One of my favorite Bach inventions. You took it at a great tempo - and held it steady very well. The trills could be a little smoother (one of my many problems too). I could hear the interplay between the voices clearly with neither dominating but both clear. Very nice.

26. Mile Hi Steve - Leaning on the Everlasting Arms You bring out the hymn qualities very nicely; there is a great choice of tempo (and tempo changes) and it's nicely harmonized which must be your doing if you played by ear.

27. Bobpickle - June (Barcarolle) These Tchaikovsky pieces aren't that easy and for eight months it's amazing playing. You get great dynamic range and lovely phrasing. Very impressive!

28. joangolfing - The Poet Speaks I could almost hear this was Schumann from the first chord. Beautifully played, nice control over the tempo changes and phrases.

29. Mar_red - Rosemary's Baby - Lullaby This is a lovely performance of the movie theme. I think you captured the atmosphere really nicely. I enjoyed the phrasing, particularly at the end of the piece it worked very well.

30. cscl - Bagatelle in G minor, Op. 119, No. 1 We often think of bagatelles as throwaway pieces but you show that Beethoven's are anything but. This was a beautiful performance, nicely controlled with a nice balance between the hands.

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
My fourth recital and its a priveledge to be part of once again. Its surprising how the excitment builds the days before the 15th. Thanks to everyone involded in setting it up.

Thanks also to Glen,AndyMc,AndyPlatt,Kenjazz & Jotour for your wonderful comments so far.
Kenjazz , I am flattered that you want to try my tune, there was a lead sheet many moons ago but since then its been in my head. I'll knock something up for you.

01. wouter79 - La Poule (Nouvelles suites de pieces de clavecin, No.12)
I very much enjoyed your performance of the this piece , quiet a busy piece and you do a remarkable job after only a couple of years of playing. Well done.

02. dannylux / Mel - Bortkiewicz Lyrica Nova Op.59 No.3 I loved this and it had me googling the composer and what a life he had, Russian revolution and two world wars and through it all writing beautiful music. Loved your performance, super piano playing.

03. BenPiano - Prelude Op. 17 No 6
My, I loved this too, such lovely harmonies and played so cleanly they really ring.

04. Jazzwee - InvitationYou get a nice feel on this Jazzwee, your band is sounding great and really together, difficult to pick out your solo though as the sounds a
bit boomy ( as you say). When I lsiten to you and knotty It always makes me want to get the trumpet out again.

05. Inlanding - Glen - Warum? Op 12 No 3
Fine performance Glen, you played the melody beautifully and with heartfelt feeling. Really hope you get back soon to what must be a huge passion for you.

06. Mr Super Hunky - There is love (The wedding song)
Don't know this one but you have good ears Mr Hunky, very nice.

07. SwissMS - Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 Nr. 2
Lovely sensitive rendition of this Chopin classic, I enjoyed it very much.

08. CarlosCC - Ambers
Not sure why you would be disappointed with this arrangement it sounds perfect to me, wistful and languid and as someone who can't remember my own name half the time I wonder at the ability to memorise written music so well.

09. Diana - Raymond - Theme from Overture
After 5 months that if marvelous, nice tempo and even touch, well done.

10. Recaredo (Ricardo) - Piano sonata No 25 Op 79. Second movement.

If you wanted to play it why not and I am sure will have got a lot from learning it anyway. Well done, after a year and half that is a performance to be proud of.

12. (Was)TrueBeginner - Goodnight Kiss
Some unexpected melodic twists make this interesting as well as relaxing to listen to, congratulations on a fine composition.

13. kenjazz - A House Is Not A Home
Familair with this from the Piano bar, as I commented before the band really swings along with nice solos that retain the interest throughout, not a mean feat by any means. Very impressed with your arranging skills too Ken.

14. Amaruk - Sur le fil
Your piano is beautifully recorded and the sound is really alive. You have a sure touch and and the joy you have playing this piece comes through in your performance.

15. Sam S - Prelude and Fugue X WTC1
I couldn't play Bach to save my life so I am full of admiration for those that do, it sounds fiendish but very well done and I loved the presto section.

Last edited by jazztpt; 08/16/12 10:36 AM.

Jazztpt

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
10. Recaredo (Ricardo) - Piano sonata No 25 Op 79. Second movement. This is a very powerful piece, powerfully played. It will simply continue to mature under your fingers. Very good job for a mere 18 months of playing! Your interpretation brought out the music’s character very well.

11. Jazztpt - Lament The feeling of loss comes through in this very well. I like the restrained quality that you give it. It is sad, touching.

12. (Was)TrueBeginner - Goodnight Kiss I like the clear melody line with echoing accompaniment. Very nice! The melody is uplifting and haunting at the same time.

13. kenjazz - A House Is Not A Home The drummer and bass are a nice accent to the piano arrangement. I enjoyed the piano improvisation. Great job.

14. Amaruk - Sur le fil The beginning is music box like. It makes a great opening. I am unfamiliar with the piece, but it sounds quite challenging. You played it well and I love your interpretation. You gave it the slow, unrushed sound that it needs.

15. Sam S - Prelude and Fugue X WTC1 “Only two voices” in the fugue means that there is a lot going on with those two. This sounds devilishly difficult. You pulled it off very well. The voices are well balanced and clear. The fugue is especially beautiful.

16. Peyton - Mazurka #4 in A Minor The Mazurkas always sound like the precursors to Jazz to me. You played this with the freedom to let that quality shine. There is tremendous variety in this piece. Absolutely beautiful!

17. ladypayne - A New Change I like the sense of adventure and determination in this piece. There is a strength in it that is very uplifting. It is a very touching and beautiful composition. Thanks for sharing!

18. Riddler (Ed) - Slaughter On Tenth Avenue I like the steady walking beat in the left hand against the free melody in the first part, which transitions to a more upbeat chorded second part, returning to the beginning and then finshing strong. Great arrangement! Very well done.

19. Greener / Jeff Green - Schindler's List - Theme This is such a beautiful piece. Your gentle touch to it worked will

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
More five:

11. Jazztpt - Lament - Thanks for sharing the story beyond this music. I was looking for this "Lament" -I keep attention for those who send original pieces-, and man, let me tell that I was amazed with this composition. I think that only someone with your level of experience and felling can do something like that. As you wonder my ability to memorize, I wonder and admire your ability to compose.

12. (Was)TrueBeginner - Goodnight Kiss - I like the contrast and the "game" between LH e RH. Nice job!

13. kenjazz - A House Is Not A Home - Wow, what a rhythm! Congratulations on this composition. Very joyous!

14. Amaruk - Sur le fil - Ah, Yann Tiersen! Well Amaruk, I think you captured exactly the Tiersen's mood. One more entry to my "to-do" list. Thanks for that!

15. Sam S - Prelude and Fugue X WTC1 - Sam, two different teachers, two diferent opinions... And what about YOUR opinion? Play as you wish, look for your feelings. For me this "version" is very solid and if it this a "work-in-progress", I can imagine the final result. Good job!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
T
T
Wow, thanks for all the kind words and positive feedback, I wasn't expecting it.
It was a battle against the red dot but in the end I think I kicked his ass.
A special thanks to CarlosCC who made me participate.

To PianoStudent88:
- The second note (B) is played a bit too soon (not like it's written), although she said that it's not wrong, it's just that I should know that what I played is not what's written. Mine make it sound more soft/"ballady" which sounds good to me.
- 13rd measure: the D# is too loud. It's even louded that the accented C.
- 17th measure: I should play the gruppetto more slowly and then stretto AFTER the G note.
- 19th measure: I should start the diminuendo at the F note not 3 notes before at E.
- 22th measure: I should crescendo a bit before smorz. so I can "smorz" better.
- Last two measures: I did very long pauses eheh. I should have played more pp.

Lately I've been playing it with a bit of rubato, but I'm still looking for the sweet spot, not too much and not too little.

Some random pieces:

05. Inlanding - Glen - Warum? Op 12 No 3 - I didn't know this piece, it is beautiful, well played. I've got to check other works from Schumann.

07. SwissMS - Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 Nr. 2 - Simply lovely. There are times I wished you went louder, but that's just preference and intrepertation. Well done. This piece is on top of my "must learn pieces" list.

08. CarlosCC - Ambers - Like I told you before, I really liked your performance. It's has a beautiful melody, a pleasure to listen to.

19. Greener / Jeff Green - Schindler's List - Theme - Haunting and beautiful. A fine performance.

22. Lady Chen - Nocturne in E minor, op. 72, no. 1 - Chopin, what can I say. A delight for the ears.

27. Bobpickle - June (Barcarolle) - Beautiful. You performance is very emotional, loved it.

31. jotur/Cathy Turner - Dill Pickle Rag - Wow, that was FUN. I want to hear more! laugh

40. Serge88 - What'd I say - I'd say that you played it very well laugh It was fun to listen.

53. notbach - To a Wild Rose (Op.51 No. 1) - Just beautiful. Yeah, playing through mistakes can be hard, I myself I'm practicing to do exactly that too.

61. PianoStudent88 - Ivan Sings - Wonderful. Very calm. Loved it.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tiago84
Wow, thanks for all the kind words and positive feedback, I wasn't expecting it.
It was a battle against the red dot but in the end I think I kicked his ass.
A special thanks to CarlosCC who made me participate.

thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Now for a batch of comments for the first time recital submitters. Congratulations on your first AB forum recital! I hope y’all found it to be a good experience and will keep coming back. smile

09. Diana - Raymond - Theme from Overture You’ve only been playing five months? wow You had excellent timing and articulation. I enjoyed this perky little piece.

13. kenjazz - A House Is Not A Home I always enjoy these Band in a Box pieces. Makes me feel like I’m sitting in a cocktail lounge, sipping a nice tall Sam Adams and listening to great jazz. You sound like you belong there.

19. Greener / Jeff Green - Schindler's List - Theme A beautiful piece. You do a good job of conveying the emotion of the movie.

22. Lady Chen - Nocturne in E minor, op. 72, no. 1 You make this sound effortless. This may be one of my favorite Chopin pieces.

23. MrPozor - Minuet in A minor - Z649 You only have four months on piano self-teaching?! That’s amazing! I thought you did a terrific job; my only complaint is that it was too short.

25. Cookie74 - Invention No. 4 in D minor Bach is my most-feared composer (all those nonstop notes!), but you pulled this off impeccably. I was particularly impressed by that trill that seemed to go on forever. thumb

27. Bobpickle - June (Barcarolle) I can see why you liked this one so much; the melody is so plaintive and catchy. Well done!

35. Newman - Desperado – already commented in my first post.

37. Jake S - Ah Vous Dirai-je Maman Now that’s a Herculean effort! A 13-minute piece and memorized to boot! You have a delicate touch that shines through well.

45. daveindenton - Theme from Schindler's List I love to listen to different interpretations of the same piece. Yours is more dramatic than Greener’s, and it’s just as effective, just in a different way.

50. Falmc - Sweet Sereny I’m impressed that you composed this. It’s a beautiful piece, well-played.

51. Clemente - Andalucia– already commented on.

52. Norrec (Tim) - Beaming Sunlight I didn’t recognize the title of this piece, but when I heard you play it, it was immediately familiar. (I know it by the name “Rakuyou”). Gorgeous melody. I play it with a lot more pedal than you do, but then again, I play everything with a lot more pedal. whome

57. Tiago84 - Prelude in E minor (Op28 No4) I’ve loved this piece ever since I watched the TED talk by Benjamin Zander where he plays it. You did a wonderful job on the piece, particularly your dynamics toward the end.

58. AndyMc - Riverlights #1 I like the minimalism of this piece and the delicacy of the melody which captures well the sense of sunlight sparkling on water.

59. yohyrral (= Larry Hoy) - Three Themes for Piano This has been a good recital for original compositions! While I liked the joyfulness of your first theme, the second theme is the one that really made my jaw drop. I’m looking forward to hearing more of your work.

More later...

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
1. wouter79 -- La Poule (Nouvelles suites de pieces de clavecin, No.12)

Thanks so much for sharing this! i love Baroque music, however i have to admit I don't usually venture outside of J.S. Bach, so it was good for me to hear something else. I liked your choice of articulations and dynamics -- very appropriate to the era.

2. dannylux / Mel -- Bortkiewicz Lyrica Nova Op.59 No.3

My goodness, what a gorgeous piece. Gotta love those Russians smile. I really enjoyed all those lush, jazzy harmonies. Your sense of rubato is lovely -- nice work here!

3. BenPiano -- Scriabin Prelude Op. 17 No 6

Wow, it's really something what our ABF members are accomplishing in 2-3 years. I enjoyed this prelude -- all those dissonances and resolutions -- fun! I encourage you to pursue your love for jazz, I think you will really enjoy it!

4. Jazzwee -- Invitation

I liked your melodic approach to the solo section very much, it was tasteful and sensitively played. I'm not a big fan of the higher/louder/faster approach to jazz -- I'd rather hear something musical and style-appropriate -- and you nailed it smile.

5. Inlanding - Glen -- Schumann Warum? Op 12 No 3

Oooo Schumann, my favorite smile. This is beautiful and you capture the mood perfectly -- thanks for sharing this! I love Schumann but find it difficult to make my fingers bring out the lines how i hear them in my head -- all those inner notes! You do a great job of this. Bravo! I hope you pursue your desire to take lessons -- if this is what you are doing on your own, I'd love to see what you can accomplish with a great teacher!

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
55 RedKat
piece: Chopin, Waltz, B minor, Op. 69 n. 2
technical:
clipping: no
balance L/R: ok
noise: yes a little white noise
bass: not so much deep bass
depth of field: quite deep.
piano sound: good

musical:
overall impression, like: great playing! Good speed, nice sound, clear phrasing. A lot of pushing and pulling, and a very nice flow. I don't hear the bad notes, and imho a good flow is much more important than a few wrong notes. Small point: please wait till the last note died before turning off the recorder.
Phrasing: good. I noticed that you play the beats often softer (instead of louder) than the rest of the measure. Interesting, but it works.
rubato, speed changes: yes plenty rubato. Fits well within the flow.
Dynamics: good
articulation: mostly pedal, suits the piece.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member

58. AndyMc - Riverlights #1 Welcome to the recital! Two original compositions in a row - what a treat! You've done an excellent job of capturing the sense of reflected light on water. Such a beautiful melody throughout! Nice tempo variations made for a very interesting piece. The video was perfect for your music. Well done! thumb

57. Tiago84 - Prelude in E minor (Op28 No4) Congrats on your first recital, too! Five months?!! Wonderful work on the Chopin. I like the tempo you've chosen and you have some really nice dynamics. You kept the haunting melody singing throughout. Bravo!

56. Grouchomarx - Hungarian Rhapsody 2 Lassan (no Friska) I was looking forward to hearing your entry. Not even close to a "beginner" piece. smile And you have pleased my ears to no end! Holy cow, your runs are outstandingly awesome! The changes in mood are done with aplomb - the delicate next to the grand booming sections flowed perfectly. Excellent! (*the fuzzy sound of your recording distracted somewhat from your wonderful performance.)

55. RedKat - Waltz, B minor, Op. 69 n. 2 I agree on this being one of the most beautiful waltzes. I was swaying along with your playing. (And it's a waltz melody that sticks in my head for hours). You kept this moving just beautifully. I didn't notice any wrong notes, probably because of your confident playing. I also love the sound of your recording. It's as if you're playing in a small concert hall. I thought your performance was sensational!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
I will take a hint from Monica and review first the new performers. Welcome to the ABF recitals! Hope you participate again.

09. Diana - Raymond - Theme from Overture You have mastered the art of playing legato in one hand in staccato in the other! Loved the slow down and pause too, before the return of the theme at the end.

19. Greener / Jeff Green - Schindler's List - Theme You captured the feeling of it - very nuanced.

22. Lady Chen - Nocturne in E minor, op. 72, no. 1 You play very well for having been back at the piano for only two years. I love the Nocturnes - I hope to play one this fall with my teacher.

23. MrPozor - Minuet in A minor - Z649 You're doing wonderful without a teacher. Time to move on to a new piece!

25. Cookie74 - Invention No. 4 in D minor Oh, the invention with the long trills! You are so brave to play this one. The ornaments and trills sound great! Yes, you could back off with the hand that's playing the short eight notes, but when recording you have to exaggerate the dynamics for them to come through.

27. Bobpickle - June (Barcarolle) That's a great job for only 8 months! Nice finger control and dynamics. The middle section with the big chords was well done.

35. Newman - Desperado Singing and playing! What a pleasant surprise. Excellent job.

37. Jake S - Ah Vous Dirai-je Maman Great job for only 7 months of experience. I would never tackle this piece, even after years of playing. Too exposed. But you were convincing - small errors here and there, but they will only get better. You captured the feel of the different variations well.

45. daveindenton - Theme from Schindler's List A very touching rendition. Loved your buildup to a climax and then your gradual descent to the end.

50. Falmc - Sweet Sereny Very touching - nice use of percussion and strings - a little and not too much.

51. Clemente - Andalucia Loved the video with the split screen - except there were some buffering problems. Your playing was great. Of course if you put the music up there, then I have to comment - you didn't really speed up the middle section. Now I never would have known about it or missed it if you hadn't included the music!

52. Norrec (Tim) - Beaming Sunlight It's great fun when we find a piece of music that speaks to us and we have to learn it - I know from experience. You did a great job with this!

57. Tiago84 - Prelude in E minor (Op28 No4) You made me wait for that last chord sequence didn't you? I was starting to wonder if it had gotten cut off! Great job, very smooth and professional.

58. AndyMc - Riverlights #1 The music fits the title and the video very well - great job.

59. yohyrral (= Larry Hoy) - Three Themes for Piano Very moody - very new age sounding - hope that's a compliment! Excellent playing.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
What a great bunch of submissions for this recital. Many pieces I had never heard before and many favorites. I listened to them all last night and want to thank each and every one of you for a very enjoyable experience.

ABF has so many talented players....and getting better all the time. Triple thumbs-up for all participants! thumb thumb thumb

Jim

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
61. PianoStudent88 -
piece:Aram Khachaturian: Ivan Sings
technical:
clipping: no
balance L/R: ok
noise: yes quite some white noise; breathing; pedaling noise; shuffling like someone is walking around; clicking, cracking (chair?). blurry noise around attacks (mp3 artefact?)
bass: no bass notes in the piece
depth of field: ok
piano sound: ok

musical:
overall impression, like: yes nice playing. The singing comes out pretty good.
Phrasing: clear
rubato, speed changes: The piece starts around 60bpm and accelerates continuously towards 80bpm. Checking the score I see that Khachaturian requests 80 for the entire piece. It may be an idea to check the metronome right before you start the recording session.
Dynamics: Difference in p and mf could be brought more.
articulation: pedal throughout as Khachaturian requests

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
09. Diana - Raymond - Theme from Overture Welcome, welcome!! For only five months learning piano, I think you played charmingly. Good tempo, nice even playing, and you let the melody shine through. Very nice work! You put a smile on my face.

10. Recaredo (Ricardo) - Piano sonata No 25 Op 79. Second movement. I think you've done an admirable and lovely job on this movement. Your ornaments are really nice and your dynamics are appropriate. It's always good to challenge yourself. Very enjoyable and I, for one, am glad you dove into Beethoven!

11. Jazztpt - Lament "Sublime" is the word that came to me as I was listening. And I'm blown away by the beauty of your composition, your playing, the lush chords and the perfect care in which your took your performance. Your music went right to my core. *sigh* I loved it!

12. (Was)TrueBeginner - Goodnight Kiss Your music always tells a story for me. A moving melody that takes the listener on a reminiscent voyage. Beautiful!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission