2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Dalem01, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 6 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 276 of 370 1 2 274 275 276 277 278 369 370
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Hya all dudes and dudettes, well some very good news at last albeit quite weird in a way as well.
First off, after my mam hadnt eaten for a week after the op, some fish was taken in for her (her favourite food being a Hull lass) Anyways, it must have been magic fish, ( unfortuinately it wasnt halibut, because that would have been hilarious, it was salmon)

Anyways the deal was, the hospital was not going to let her out till she had eaten, and kept it down.

So., after a week of throwing everything up, she eats ONE meal on tuesday evening.

Guess what? They tell her she is now fit to go and release her into our care the very next morning...

So on wednesday morning out she comes.

call me cynical, but after the world watched the opening ceramoney of the olympic games one would think we had a great and wonderfull health service that cared for folks continued wellbeing.

My sister asks them if the district nurse will be calling.

"oh no they say, no need for that"

So yesterday my sister goes to help my mam in the shower and tries to carefully remove the surgical stockings that you have to wear after such an operation...

guess what?

My sister freaks because my mams legs are still full of staples that they put in after taking the veins for the bypass from there.

So my sister rings the hospital and complains bitterly that neither my mam or herself feel in any way qualified to be removing staples that shouldnt be there anymore and a district nurse is despatched to do the job.

olympic shames.

anyways my mam is now home and eating like starvin marvin the etheopean from south park.

excellent albeit sudden and strangely early.

Thanks for everyones kind support and good wishes, when she has more energy and isnt quite as tired I will show her all your best wishes..

Thanks guys.

Rossy.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Thanks, Newman. You sparked a memory there. smile

Richard
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Excellent news, Rossy.

Here's a song written to John's mum.

Richard

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

We posted at the same Rossy! Absolutely fabulous news about your Mom! Delighted! I hope you're doing well too! I'll be back shortly with one more posting before I have to get ready to go to work

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Great postings Everyone! Here's one more from me and off to work I go! Here is Bill Laswell & Jah Wobble, "Alsema dub"

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Does anyone else hate clowns?

like really hate them? Like they are so not funny at all ever?

Theres one at Blackpool in a glass box and you put money in and it laughs at you, even though its an autonomon and mexhanical it still counts as its called a laughing clown, and it too is not funny at all.

Probably if folk knew it was only laughing because it had got their money, they would stop feeding it cash and it would sieze up or something equally as terminal would happen to it.

If it was true that you could just laugh in someones face and eventually they would start to laugh too, then everyone would be doing it at policemen when they get stopped for speeding. Or even in court for more serious offences like say liking and enjoying the olympics openly in public.

It wouldnt work on crown court judges and they are meant to be quite clever, so that laughing clown aint going to fool me any into laughing when I dont wish too, or just because he is laughing a lot for ages in my face.

Moving on to other things to see whilst in Blackpool.. in st annes which is nearby there is fairhaven lake where for a small fee of five english pounds one can hire a motor boat to drive yourself for 15 minutes.

DO not get fooled ( as I did) into taking out boat number 17.

Boats number 17's steering doesnt work, and when I complained after my hassle filled 15 mins I was told "These boats are seventy years old you know"

Well great, but my five pounds wasnt, so I felt a little cheated.

the only thing that could have been worse would have been if a laughing clown had popped up when I was told about the age of the boat, I think I may have just punched him a little, or not offered him a ciggie, whatever he hated the worst I suppose.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Come in number 9, your time is up.

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Enjoying all the lovely music here. smile Sorry I've been out of it a while..long story

Rossy, most clowns scare/bother me, too. I'm so glad your mom is feeling better now, though. When I had abdominal surgery, yogurt helped me get back on track - just an idea.. I make home-made yogurt from half & half still. The last time my mom was in the hospital, a few days in they said she couldn't go home because they just realized she'd been given the wrong stuff in her IV - was supposed to be getting a blood thinner but had been given magnesium by mistake. Guess there are health care problems all over.

Well, here's an uplifting tune for you and your mom - hope you enjoy: smile

Ooh Child - Five Stairsteps

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
lol why thank you Wayne, I never thought to google it before. It had the translation and everything!

Sometimes it's fun not know what something means. For example, when I buy BillyO a birthday card, and they're either too sappy, cheesy, or explain the joke, I'll buy him one in a foreign language so I won't know how bad it is.

Rossy, glad your mom is home and eating - two wonderful things. The Olympics did not give me the impression that England had a great healthcare system for adults - only for children, and that's only if multiple Mary Poppinses show up brandishing umbrellas.

Rupak, I'm so glad you're finally able to play!

Newman, I had a dream about the number 9, and it had to do with me winning the lottery. It was up to $320 million, and the number nine kept popping up in the dream. I bought a couple of tickets, and the number nine showed up on one, and I was certain I was going to win and throw a big RST party with pianos as gifts in place of swag bags. Instead someone in Michigan won, and that person obviously is not throwing us a party. I feel robbed.

hi to everyone else smile

here's a little Chopin!

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
This chick has an awesome voice. She lives around these parts.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
oh and more eggs!

Hi Elssa! we posted at the same time.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Morning all smile

Great news Rossy, so glad things sorted out, although yeah you do have to watch out for the NHS cock-ups!

Oh and that clown used to scare me sh*tless lol!

Rupak, I think Recaredo maybe doin M1, would you consider M5?

Aimee...lol

Griffin, thnx, yeah you helped cheer me up x

Bk later, see you soon smile

R
R
Ahhh, at last some really good news Rossy! I'm so happy and relaxed. Wish you and your mom, with all my heart, very healthy and peaceful (and *hassle-free*) lives.

AimeeO, thanks a lot for your well-wishing! Rossy, David and the Rostoskians here have nurtured my dream of playing piano, with great care and sincerity. How can I forget it. I'm trying and will continue to live my dream with all of your supports and encouragements.

Wayne, as M1 and M5 are more or less the same so it's also fine with me. I'll try that.

Okay...now as things are fine by now I think I may continue my Saturday Classical postings. I just realized today that I've never posted any performance of a female classical artist! So shame!blush There are so many legendary female artists are there. Therefore, I'll continue with Thumris, but this time, enjoy them in a different flavor!

My first post is the Thumri by Smt. Nirmala Devi. I've just found it today in a ICM collection that I had. It was so beautiful and mesmerizing that I couldn't wait to share it with you. But, I couldn't find it on youtube. In fact, there are only 2-3 performances of her on youtube. I was so surprised and shocked to see such less popularity of this great maestro that I created a new account on youtube, made this video and uploaded it smile Anyway, enjoy:

[video:youtube]piGJZPNqAuI[/video]

R
R
My next selection is a Thumri by Dr. Prabha Atre. She was not only a great performer but also a brilliant creative thinker, composer and teacher. A very interesting info about her from wikipedia: "While studying music, Prabha finished college courses in science and law to receive degrees in both of those disciplines. She later also earned a Ph.D. in music. Her doctoral thesis was titled Sargam, and pertained to the use of sol-fa notes in Indian classical music. which is unique of its kind."

[video:youtube]6eFBvZUVuYo[/video]

R
R
The next one is Thumri by one of the most popular Indian classical singers, Begum Akhtar. She was famous for Ghazal, Dadra and Thumri. She was known as the Queen of Ghazal. Later on, while describing Ghazal, I'll post some of her famous Ghazal performances.

[video:youtube]UWB21eGGLn0[/video]

R
R
My last selection for today is Thumri by another great female vocalist Kishori Amonkar. Her beatiful voice and distinctive performance style left a remarkable contribution in the history of ICM.

[video:youtube]UKikNKAZKPk[/video]

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Rupak, I am looking forward to listening to these posts a bit later today. I always enjoy what you have to share. Right now I've got lots to do, including preparing my Sunday classical postings!

I'll be back a bit later. Enjoy the rest of your day/evening everyone!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Dudes and dudettes, it has not escaped my attention that RST has had more "Replies" than the jazz study group two, advanced players thread.

On RST we have had 5516 "Replies" whereas the jazz study group two advanced has had 5377.

The jazz study group has 3.3 million views compared to our 2.1 million, However it has been running for thirty two months compared to our mere thirteen.

Not wanting to be a premature anything, I feel confident in expressiong the belief that the "writing is certainly on the wall" in respect of the statistics that show quite clearly that given a choice of blathering jazz or having fun on RST........

This is so very very very sweet indeed... not that I am being smug or anything, well I might be ,but obviously not as smug as those that claim to understand jazz and then try to convince me that I should like it if I understood it too, thats enough to make me defect to pianis t corner.

well not really of course, I am not quite that bored, and also steinways live there.

all in all though a poor result for jazz?

This is my worst nightmare.. a jazz clown....

Last edited by Rostosky; 08/18/12 05:47 PM. Reason: FORGOT TO MENTION , HOW THE HADES DID I FIND A JAZZ CLOWN?

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Dudes and dudettes, it has not escaped my attention that RST has had more "Replies" than the jazz study group two, advanced players thread.

On RST we have had 5516 "Replies" whereas the jazz study group two advanced has had 5377.

The jazz study group has 3.3 million views compared to our 2.1 million, However it has been running for thirty two months compared to our mere thirteen.

Not wanting to be a premature anything, I feel confident in expressiong the belief that the "writing is certainly on the wall" in respect of the statistics that show quite clearly that given a choice of blathering jazz or having fun on RST........

This is so very very very sweet indeed... not that I am being smug or anything, well I might be ,but obviously not as smug as those that claim to understand jazz and then try to convince me that I should like it if I understood it too, thats enough to make me defect to pianis t corner.

well not really of course, I am not quite that bored, and also steinways live there.

all in all though a poor result for jazz?

This is my worst nightmare.. a jazz clown....

My dear Rossy. Of course you would go choosing a piece that is too embarrassing for even some of us jazz fans. The other musicians were acceptable. They could have done much better without the clown.

Now I've known you long enough to know that trying to convince you that you should like jazz is as unlikely as TJ trying to convince me that Alison Krause should have been on my list of 8 music choices for survival island laugh.

However, as a contributor to RST, I'm going to have some fun by sharing this little gem performed by Sarah Vaughan.

Last edited by griffin2417; 08/18/12 10:35 PM.

Carl

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
My thoughts have turned to clowns and murder; I wonder what brought that on. wink

Leoncavallo, the untouchable and The Untouchables.

V. busy, must dash! Things to laugh at, people to kill, music to analyse...

Griffin: Send in the Clowns ... Absolute classic! Thanks. smile

Richard
Page 276 of 370 1 2 274 275 276 277 278 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission