Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#1955231 - 09/07/12 04:37 AM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Thanks for your comment, Kenjazz!

Wouter, you’re right, that version on harpsichord is excellent. Thank you for posting it.

My website

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1956144 - 09/08/12 09:58 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Augustina Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I have really enjoyed listening to the recital. I'll listen to more tomorrow at work. I don't have time to comment on everyone's pieces. Hopefully tomorrow. I have enjoyed every single piece:) Also thank you for such wonderful comments on my piece!:)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530

#1963716 - 09/24/12 02:08 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AndyMc Offline

I wanted to thank everyone one more time who took the time to listen to my recital entry, Riverlights #1, and also to share Riverlights #2, which I just completed: http://tinyurl.com/d2nouub

Thanks!

#1969124 - 10/05/12 01:49 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
bluekeys Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Oh my, it's been so long since I've been on this forum, I barely remember how to post. Hope I did this right.

Anyway, I just listened to part of this recital while cleaning the house today, and I'd forgotten how good you all are. I just want to give a general thumbs up and thanks to all the performers for a very enjoyable performance!!

#1969147 - 10/05/12 02:52 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: bluekeys]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Originally Posted By: bluekeys
Oh my, it's been so long since I've been on this forum. . .

(Speaking with arms akimbo and foot tapping): Yes, it has.

Nice to see you here smile

Cathy

#1969166 - 10/05/12 04:17 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Nice to know you're back!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#1969178 - 10/05/12 04:46 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
mom3gram Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
Hi, Bluekeys! Good to see you. How have you been? Still playing, I hope.

ALFRED'S ADULT BOOK 1 GRADUATE

#1969366 - 10/06/12 08:01 AM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
bluekeys Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Nice to see a few people remember me! Yes I still play, but not as intensely as I did. Too many other things going on now. My memorized rep is down to just a handful of pieces, but I'm getting a lot better at improvising. I only play about half an hour most days, and a lot of that is just doodling. Kind of cool though. I'm getting to the point where I can hear, or think, a melody and play it in in several keys. Sight reading ability is pretty much gone. I still have the Walter and the Yamaha, but I haven't tuned either one in about 6 months.

Hope you're all doing well!

#1972138 - 10/12/12 12:46 AM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
wouter79- very impressed at your playing after 2 and a half years practise!

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1973462 - 10/15/12 05:49 AM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
MusicaMusique Offline

24 Monica K.

It is like telling a story, when I listen to this piece, I can see some pictures in the air.

#1976857 - 10/21/12 07:44 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
lyricmudra Offline

I suppose ‘better late than never’! :-)) I finally had a chance to review the recital performances and it was such a delight listening to all. I would certainly like to thank those who have given me feedback. Your words were most generous and supportive. They are: Jazztpt, Starr Keys, jotur, Monica K., Bobpickle, Andy Platt, Sam S, Cookie74, Clemente, and Peyton. I hope I did not miss anyone!

Here are my own thoughts on everyone’s work:

01. wouter79 - La Poule (Nouvelles suites de pieces de clavecin, No.12) (to do)

A very well-executed complex piece! You have captured the essence of Rameau and the character of the hen (la poule) so well.  You will probably be able to speed it up more in the long run.

02. dannylux / Mel - Bortkiewicz Lyrica Nova Op.59 No.3 (to do)

Such a beautiful 20th century classical piece. You’ve been able to bring out the fullness of the melody in your playing. The piano sparkles.

03. BenPiano - Prelude Op. 17 No 6 (to do)

I love almost every Scriabin prelude. Each one creates a deep and sophisticated narrative and your phrasing and playing successfully delivers the story that this particular prelude offers.

04. Jazzwee - Invitation (to do)

I wished I could play jazz when I listened to your performance. It would have been so nice if the microphone was a lot nearer to the piano.

05. Inlanding - Glen - Warum? Op 12 No 3 (to do)

You played this with much delicacy at certain parts, particularly as it ended, rendering the notion of questioning that the piece speaks of. I love the dynamics.

06. Mr Super Hunky - There is love (The wedding song) (to do)

This is like listening to the radio and from a selection of beautiful pieces. I wish I could ‘noodle’ like you do so well. 

07. SwissMS - Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 Nr. 2 (to do)

So tenderly and expertly played!

08. CarlosCC - Ambers (to do)

Your phrasing and dynamics tell me that you fully comprehend the soul of this piece. You played this so seamlessly! You slowed down and paused at just the right places.

09. Diana - Raymond - Theme from Overture (to do)

A delightful piece! Your playing tells me that you are now ready to tackle more advanced pieces.

10. Recaredo (Ricardo) - Piano sonata No 25 Op 79. Second movement.(to do)

I think it is always good to challenge yourself with a piece that you feel is a tad above your current level of playing. I think you did very well with the piece.

11. Jazztpt - Lament (to do)
Such a moving composition. It evoked a lot of poignant images for me. My favorite part starts at 4:00 till the end. I suggest that you make a video with still photos and use this as background music. As I was listening to it, I wished I was listening to this live, on an acoustic grand and in a dim hallway.

12. (Was)TrueBeginner - Goodnight Kiss (to do)

This was played so sensitively. I know there is a temptation for many people to rush that left hand accompaniment but you did not do so. You created a mood by being patient.

13. kenjazz - A House Is Not A Home (to do)

I am such a Bacharach fan that I’ve memorized lyrics to many of his songs including this one! This is the first time I’ve heard a jazzed up version of it. So professional and sophisticated! I could listen to this again and again.

14. Amaruk - Sur le fil (to do)

There is much clarity and sensitivity in the way you played this piece. I can tell from your other videos on YouTube that you cover Tiersen so well.

15. Sam S - Prelude and Fugue X WTC1 (to do)

This a long and complicated piece! You did a very good job with it. I preferred the sudden tempo change that you took. I simply cannot imagine how to gradually speed up to that section.

16. Peyton - Mazurka #4 in A Minor (to do)

This is my favorite Chopin mazurka and you played it so well! You had so much control and clarity in playing the ornamentation. The dynamics captured the spirit of a mazurka.

17. ladypayne - A New Change (to do)

Your composition and video transported me to such a wonderful place! I am glad that you brought in those instruments to join the piano but still ended with the piano. I hope you enjoy your new life in Alaska!

18. Riddler (Ed) - Slaughter On Tenth Avenue (to do)

This does evoke a lot of images of dancing! A lot of high leg kicking.  And what an ending! Very well played!

19. Greener / Jeff Green - Schindler's List - Theme (to do)

Very well done! There is a lot of accompaniment in this piece but the melody emerges prominently in your playing.

20. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Rigaudon & Entree (to do)

So delightfully played! Despite your mention of a flub, you actually play with a lot of clarity and precision.

21. timmyab - Moment musical Nr.2 (to do)

Such a perfectly played piece! This is one of my favorite Schubert pieces and I’ve heard this many times. You actually had the tempo really quite right! Very professional!

22. Lady Chen - Nocturne in E minor, op. 72, no. 1 (to do)

Beautifully phrased and expertly played!! Love the way you played the ornamentations.

23. MrPozor - Minuet in A minor - Z649 (to do)

You have progressed quite well on this piece, actually. Very confidently played!

24. Monica K. - Fairy Tale (to do)

I am unfamiliar with Einaudi’s works but this is such a wonderful introduction for me. It is a very quiet and almost whispering piece and you conveyed that sentiment so well in your playing!

25. Cookie74 - Invention No. 4 in D minor (to do)

This is a very crisp rendition of Bach! Very well played!

26. Mile Hi Steve - Leaning on the Everlasting Arms (to do)

Very expressive rendition of this hymn! I very much liked your arrangement of the ending.

27. Bobpickle - June (Barcarolle) (to do)

Another expertly played piece! I love the dynamics and phrasing. Very professional.

28. joangolfing - The Poet Speaks (to do)

You played this so patiently, which is exactly what the great pianist Cortot wanted when I saw him on a video giving a tutorial on this piece. Congratulations!

29. Mar_red - Rosemary's Baby - Lullaby (to do)

I love the embellishments you made on this lullaby. You also allowed the beautiful melody to emerge so prominently from the backdrop of shimmering notes! Very professional!

30. cscl - Bagatelle in G minor, Op. 119, No. 1 (to do)

Your Estonia sounds so beautiful and your playing of this bagatelle gives much credit to the piece and the piano! So polished.

31. jotur/Cathy Turner - Dill Pickle Rag (to do)

You played this rag so delightfully! I actually liked your tempo here even though you said you would have wanted it to be faster. It allows the melody to surface above the accompaniment so well.

32. TrapperJohn - Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (from "Phantom...") (to do)

I didn’t realize that this piece from Phantom of the Opera would sound so beautiful as a piano solo. Thank you for introducing this to us! You played it very well.

33. knotty - Petite Fleur (to do)

Wow! I wish I was listening to this live! Such a captivating rendition. I do like it as a tango.

34. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 28, No 4) (to do)

Very sensitive and expressive playing of this prelude! I know what you mean about feeling tension on the left hand with all those chords (though I don’t think it shows at all when I listen to your recording). My current recital piece has exactly the same task for the left hand – lots of successive chords. I realized that actually forgetting about the left hand and paying more attention to the voices in the right hand helped a lot. The left hand seemed to just follow naturally.

35. Newman - Desperado (to do)

I heard this piece for the first time from the Carpenters eons ago and loved it so much that I’ve memorized the lyrics myself. LOL. I am so glad you’ve resurrected this song for us. I love your take on it – so poignantly raw. You play the piano and sing so expressively.

36. Copper - Ave Maria (to do)

Beautifully and sensitively played!

37. Jake S - Ah Vous Dirai-je Maman (to do)

You’ve taken quite a challenging and long piece but have played it so well. There is a lot of clarity in your playing.

38. Augustina - Touched (to do)

I think you did very well with this slow piece and I don’t think you were off at all with the rhythm. This piece requires a certain amount of rubato to convey its sentiment and you did just that!

39. Sand Tiger - Ashokan Farewell (to do)

This is a wonderful transcription of Ashokan Farewell!

40. Serge88 - What'd I say (to do)

I actually like your tempo better Ray Charles’. The drum track enhanced your beautiful playing.

41. Starr Keys - It Goes Like It Goes (to do)

What a perfect video and audio package this is! The lyrics, the sentiment, the photos, and your voice have made this such a poignant recital piece. I can actually imagine this as a Broadway performance on stage!

42. CMohr - Imagination (to do)

What a beautiful melody to play to your mother. You arrangement and your playing were very expressive and tender.

43. ClavBoy - Prelude No. 1 C Major BWV 846 (to do)
You did a very good job with this piece! The hardest part, I imagine, is creating a certain sense of evenness in tempo which you really did very well. I think that when you get passed that hurdle of evenness in tempo you will feel freer to explore your touch. I don’t think that the first note of each arpeggio was louder than the rest. I actually thought that it was the top (highest) note of each arpeggio that just needed to be toned down a tad. Excellent job! Sounded like you were playing a harpsichord!

44. Ken. - Light Blue (to do)

Such a challenging and difficult tempo!! You certainly did a very good job with it.

45. daveindenton - Theme from Schindler's List (to do)

I am glad you turned this in for your recital piece. I love the phrasing and dynamics and did the piece much justice. The passion and tenderness were evoked very well by your playing.

46. MaryBee - Sonata in C minor, K.457, Mvt.1 (to do)

Though Mozart sounds so delightful, his works are difficult. You were able to play this with a lot of delicacy (especially the ornamentations!) and conviction.

47. DadAgains_Daughter - Invention in F Major (to do)

An advanced piece for such a young age! You played this with such evenness and ease.

48. DadAgain - Prelude and Fugue XX - A minor (to do)

This is a very challenging and long piece! You played it very well!

49. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Dance of the Blessed Spirits (to do)

I love Gluck’s pieces and you did a great rendition of this beautiful piece!

50. Falmc - Sweet Sereny (to do)

Such a professional-sounding recording of your piece! You also played it very well. You gave a beautiful gift to your girlfriend.

51. Clemente - Andalucia (to do)

Wow! This sounds like a very difficult piece and you played it so well! You’ve brought out the Spanish character of the piece.

52. Norrec (Tim) - Beaming Sunlight (to do)

Very well paced and very good dynamics! My only suggestion is to play the accompaniment a little softer than the melody, though I think this may have been a function of where you placed the microphone. I suspect it was placed nearer your left (accompaniment) than right hand (melody).

53. notbach - To a Wild Rose (Op.51 No. 1) (to do)

I have heard a professional pianist play this piece a while ago and your rendition certainly matches his! Wonderful touch on the piano.

55. RedKat - Waltz, B minor, Op. 69 n. 2 (to do)

You phrasing and dynamics here are so sophisticated and very much like that of a professional!

56. Grouchomarx - Hungarian Rhapsody 2 Lassan (no Friska) (to do)

Wow! Those runs and trills! This is so expertly played. There is a contemporary approach to your playing, too, which I like very much.

57. Tiago84 - Prelude in E minor (Op28 No4) (to do)

Excellent use of tempo in this piece! You slowed down, speeded up, and paused at just the right moments. I love the way you paused and suspended at the end.

58. AndyMc - Riverlights #1 (to do)

Your composition really evokes the shimmering of light on the river! A perfect blend of sound and vision.

59. yohyrral (= Larry Hoy) - Three Themes for Piano (to do)

I love the warm sound of your vintage piano! Your sophisticated and expert playing brings out its beautiful sound.

60. BillM - Try A Little Tenderness (to do)

The song is about tenderness and you conveyed that very well in your rendition! The reverb enhances the piano sound.

61. PianoStudent88 - Ivan Sings (to do)

There is certainly a contemporary feel to this composition. One can almost put lyrics to it and your playing highlights the melody very well.

#1976907 - 10/21/12 10:00 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: lyricmudra]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Thanks, lyricmudra, for listening and for your comments. I hope you didn't miss my comments on your piece, a few pages back. I really enjoyed your wonderful performance of Sheep May Safely Graze.

#1976968 - 10/22/12 03:10 AM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Thanks Lyricmudra - it is always lovely to get more feedback on a performance! My comment on your piece is on page 9 of this thread, same as MaryBee's!

#1977191 - 10/22/12 04:49 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Starr Keys Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: california
Thanks so much, Lyricmudra, for the nice feedback. I think it shows real character that you took the time to comment on everyone this late in the game. Most people would have said "well, I've got all those comments to make on the next recital coming up soon, the heck with this one," and let it slide. Hats off to you! smile

#1977194 - 10/22/12 04:55 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Lyricmudra, thanks for your comment on my Hele Jane Long piece. Yes, I was a sort of engaged with this piece. Thanks.

And here is my comment on your sumbission (just in case you misssed it):
54. lyricmudra - Sheep May Safely Graze (from J.S. Bach's Birthday Cantata) Very nice and it not sound easy for me... Let me say that every Bach's piece seems difficult to me, even with different arrangements. You did a great job, I think this a very good rendition.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#1977851 - 10/24/12 04:23 AM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thanks EdwardianPiano and lyricmudra for the comments!

#1980669 - 10/30/12 06:57 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
lyricmudra Offline

Marybee, casintaly,and CarlosCC: Thanks so much for your kind words and comments! Sorry I missed them the first time. I've been quite mindless the past couple of weeks with the hectic work at the university, and have failed to visit the forum for that long as well. :-(

wouter79: Most welcome!

Starr Keys: I actually listened to a few of the performances and typed/saved some comments as soon as the recital started but got pulled away from it for weeks and weeks after. It would have been a shame not to have shared them even if late ... :-)

Gosh, the next recital is coming soon, isn't it??

#1980936 - 10/31/12 01:24 PM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

>Gosh, the next recital is coming soon, isn't it??

Yes in a few hours!

#1986931 - 11/15/12 02:09 AM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
K I dot best to comment using my iPhone.

MaryBee - liked a lot. T'was a very nice and interpretation of the famous piece. About doing a shorter and simpler piece to study, I think it's an excellent idea. It sounds like you are enjoying the freedom - its completely your piece now.

Mr. S/H - you are incredible. How can you create a piece like this. I have a high expectation for you. You never betrayed my expectation.

Bessel the happy farmer - liked it a lot. You nailed it.

Sheryl (casinitaly) - I happen to know the first piece. You GOT SO MUCH BETTER! I liked the dynamics. If you make the cadence more natural (Tie-ra instead of tie-RA or Tie-Ra) hope you get what I mean.

K this is it for tonite. Gotta sleep
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#1986932 - 11/15/12 02:12 AM Re: Recital #27 --- General Discussion Room [Re: FarmGirl]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: FarmGirl

Sheryl (casinitaly) - I happen to know the first piece. You GOT SO MUCH BETTER! I liked the dynamics. If you make the cadence more natural (Tie-ra instead of tie-RA or Tie-Ra) hope you get what I mean.

K this is it for tonite. Gotta sleep

Thanks Farmgirl I'm very excited about my baby steps and it is so much fun to have others notice my improvements! I'm actually working on refining this piece this month, with my new teacher and so now, I do know exactly what you mean!

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
158 registered (*windowlicker*, accordeur, 89grand, 36251, 49 invisible), 1229 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75963 Members
42 Forums
157098 Topics
2307153 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Mooozart Effect
by Rich Galassini
08/27/14 06:13 PM
What would you do in this situation?
by CountSmith
08/27/14 05:55 PM
An aural and visual demonstration of the Skeleton.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
08/27/14 05:09 PM
tunelab update
by michaelopolis
08/27/14 04:40 PM
Who makes ribbon moulding?
by Craig Hair
08/27/14 03:25 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission