Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >
Topic Options
#1916947 - 06/21/12 09:08 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
Originally Posted By: Little_Blue_Engine
OK, I need an excused day. There's no piano at Cub Scout camp and I was there from Tuesday afternoon until about 3 hours ago so I missed one day.

Scout camp? smile I remember my Girl Guide camping days very well - both as a child and as a leader.....wonderful times. Possibly even worth missing a day of piano wink
I was never in Girl Scouts and I've never been much of a camper but both of our boys have done Cub Scouts and since the youngest is "Mama's boy" I've gone to stay with him for half of resident camp for two years now. The camp has an awesome staff and they feed us really well smile. I'm going to miss them but I'm really going to enjoy my bed and having the bathroom fifteen feet away instead of having to take a buddy and hike half way across camp. Its also going to be great not to be sticky. It was about 95F most of the week and really humid.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1918068 - 06/24/12 12:40 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: Little_Blue_Engine]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
OK, I need an excused day. There's no piano at Cub Scout camp and I was there from Tuesday afternoon until about 3 hours ago so I missed one day.

Scout camp? smile I remember my Girl Guide camping days very well - both as a child and as a leader.....wonderful times. Possibly even worth missing a day of piano wink
I was never in Girl Scouts and I've never been much of a camper but both of our boys have done Cub Scouts and since the youngest is "Mama's boy" I've gone to stay with him for half of resident camp for two years now. The camp has an awesome staff and they feed us really well smile. I'm going to miss them but I'm really going to enjoy my bed and having the bathroom fifteen feet away instead of having to take a buddy and hike half way across camp. Its also going to be great not to be sticky. It was about 95F most of the week and really humid.

hmm, I hear you. I enjoyed my camping days, but now I'm more of a cottage lover. I prefer a bed, an indoor toilet, and screens to keep out the skitters. smile

#1920868 - 06/29/12 08:51 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I'm back from vacation. Please put me on the excused list for June 10-23. It was great to be gone, but it's also great to be back. After two weeks without, hearing my piano again left me breathless.

#1921110 - 06/30/12 01:52 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Welcome back MeryBee --- sounds like your piano missed you too!

#1921362 - 07/01/12 08:18 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Hi Cheryl.

Please ding me for June 23rd and 24th. I was out of town and had no piano access.

Estonia L190 #7284

#1921452 - 07/01/12 01:53 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: JimF]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: JimF
Hi Cheryl.

Please ding me for June 23rd and 24th. I was out of town and had no piano access.

Ding!

I'm going on the excused list myself. We were away overnight: I managed to play the morning before we left (love my silent feature)... and was going to play last night when we got back, but came down with a bad headache - too much sun I think.

#1921605 - 07/02/12 12:13 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
ThePawn Offline

Loc: Alabama
Please ding me for June 27th. I worked some overtime last week but it was really poor planning on my part that caused me to miss practice on that day cry

Jason

#1921610 - 07/02/12 12:57 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
joyoussong Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Another completed month of stars on my calendar.

#1921619 - 07/02/12 02:19 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Jason - Ding!

Carol - good for you! What satisfaction!

#1921823 - 07/02/12 02:52 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
Stubbie Offline

Loc: Midwest USA
I will be away from piano opportunities July 3 through July 8.

P.S. I'll be playing my ear worms instead.

#1921847 - 07/02/12 03:51 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: Stubbie]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Stubbie
I will be away from piano opportunities July 3 through July 8.

P.S. I'll be playing my ear worms instead.

Ear worms...ewwww. Otherwise... have a nice time!

#1922799 - 07/04/12 11:23 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
ThePawn Offline

Loc: Alabama
Yikes! I need a ding for last night. I fell asleep in my recliner before I got around to practicing. The next thing I remember was waking up at 2am to crawl in my bed. On a positive note, I am definitely practicing more since joining this wonderful thread. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July grin

Jason

#1922832 - 07/05/12 02:35 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: ThePawn]
casinitaly Offline

Great to hear MOYD is making a difference for you, as it does for so many of us!

Happy (belated) 4th of July to you too.

#1924037 - 07/08/12 12:31 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
IreneAdler Offline

Loc: Washington
I need to put my name down on the excused list for July 5th and 6th, as I had a bad cold. I returned to piano today and I was quite horrified to find a bit of dust had settled on my beloved piano; I immediately set about giving it a thorough dusting. Dust on a piano is a terrible thing.

#1924137 - 07/08/12 09:24 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Hope you are feeling much better Irene..and I agree, dust on a piano is a terrible thing!
smile

#1924381 - 07/08/12 09:23 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
Stubbie Offline

Loc: Midwest USA
Back from our travels and I'll do piano practice as soon as my husband finishes--he beat me to it!

Had good ear worm music the entire time away, namely, the pieces I've been working on.

#1924478 - 07/09/12 02:12 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: Stubbie]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Stubbie
Back from our travels and I'll do piano practice as soon as my husband finishes--he beat me to it!

Had good ear worm music the entire time away, namely, the pieces I've been working on.

Welcome back!

#1926112 - 07/13/12 01:12 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
joyoussong Offline
500 Post Club Member

I'm going to be on holiday from Sunday the 15th till Sunday the 22nd. I'll practice before I leave on Sunday, & maybe on the 22nd, & I'll take my music with me & maybe get to play a bit while I'm away, but probably not much - better put me on the excused list.

#1926145 - 07/13/12 04:23 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: joyoussong]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: joyoussong
I'm going to be on holiday from Sunday the 15th till Sunday the 22nd. I'll practice before I leave on Sunday, & maybe on the 22nd, & I'll take my music with me & maybe get to play a bit while I'm away, but probably not much - better put me on the excused list.

Ok, Carol, I've put you excused from 16-22...let me know if I need to tweak that for you later.

Have a happy vacation!

#1926733 - 07/14/12 02:31 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Hi everyone! I'm so far off my wagon it's a speck of dust in the distance! LOL... I'll let you know when I hop back on. Very crazy around here with boyfreind moving in, new job and acoutsic piano bit the dust. frown I have a new digital on layaway for Sept, until then i have to set up my little Casio. So put me on hold!

Becca

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1926956 - 07/15/12 03:50 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: BeccaBb]
casinitaly Offline

Ok, I'll take you off the list for now - just post again when you're ready to hop back on the wagon.

Good luck with all the changes in your life!

#1927698 - 07/16/12 07:34 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
cscl Offline

Loc: Suburban Boston
Hi everyone,

I'm going to go ahead and withdraw this year. Maybe I'm just an every other year MOYD person? smile

We're moving from the Chicago area to the Boston area in August, and they're packing up my grand right now. My piano will be gone from now through just about the time of the August ABF Recital in mid-August. I hope it makes the journey gently and well cared for... I've got my old digital to keep me going in the meantime, but I'm not doing MOYD-worthy practicing these days! If I think it's worthwhile to get back on the wagon, I'll let you know. I'll keep practicing though!

#1927841 - 07/17/12 02:34 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: cscl]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: cscl
Hi everyone,

I'm going to go ahead and withdraw this year. Maybe I'm just an every other year MOYD person? smile

We're moving from the Chicago area to the Boston area in August, and they're packing up my grand right now. My piano will be gone from now through just about the time of the August ABF Recital in mid-August. I hope it makes the journey gently and well cared for... I've got my old digital to keep me going in the meantime, but I'm not doing MOYD-worthy practicing these days! If I think it's worthwhile to get back on the wagon, I'll let you know. I'll keep practicing though!

I hope your piano has a safe, comfy journey too!
All playing/practice is MOYD worthy - that's the point. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do something.

However, I can understand this is a hectic time for you and you don't need MOYD niggling at you.

We will be ready to welcome you back anytime!

#1930528 - 07/22/12 02:57 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Well, I have been out of commission, at least insofar as my personal MOYD standard is concerned for a while, adjusting to my new job among other things. But I think I have got the 4 hour thing licked at this point, and just to cement it I made a promise to myself that if I could manage practicing 4 hours a day for 30 days between now and the 1st of September, I would allow myself this as a present.

Isn't she beautiful. blush

DISCLAIMER: I have set my own daily challenge, for personal reasons, which is quite different than the standard MOYD objective. The MOYD objective still is and always will be to simply get to the piano once a day, every day for as little as 5-10 minutes or as much as you like. I have self-imposed a fixed amount of time per day as a personal goal. No one in MOYD is obliged to be at their piano for any specific amount of time.

#1930540 - 07/22/12 04:22 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Beautiful... but she'll probably mess with your piano time smile

#1930748 - 07/22/12 03:00 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
raptor Offline

Loc: Perth, Western Australia
Please put me on the excused list for the 26th July to 5th September. I will be on a long holiday in Japan. I am bringing a small midi keyboard to practice on, but will be unlikely I'll be able to practice every day.

On my first week, I'll be doing a jam session with some Japanese friends to make a cd of video game arrangements with me available to play piano and violin parts. We'll record a CD and sell it at a Japanese convention together. It'll be a lot of fun! The rest of the time is sightseeing, attending concerts and lots of shopping!

Feels horrible to break my everyday of practice habit from the beginning of the year, but it can't be helped this time.

#1930891 - 07/22/12 07:23 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
I missed a few days of piano work due to a kind of vacation, do some heavy work for Mom-in-law trip. I'm exhausted, but happy to have helped. I missed July 22, 25 and 28. (I did take my keyboard, but the practice was sporadic).

#1930959 - 07/22/12 10:51 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
IreneAdler Offline

Loc: Washington
Casinitaly,

I have a question for you about MOYD, my sister who plays violin, and she was wondering if she can sign up for MOYD as well?
As she recently commented that I was being very diligent about practicing every day; then I said how MOYD really helps to remind me to practice and I have noticed such a leap in my playing since I started MOYD. She doesn't really play the piano at this point in time, but we play popular music together and are begining to work on simple duets. I think with more consistent practice schedule she will be an even better accompanist, and besides I know her teacher would pleased if she did practice every day.

#1931468 - 07/23/12 07:12 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
joyoussong Offline
500 Post Club Member

I'm back! As it turned out, I didn't leave till the 16th, practiced before I left, played my cousin's piano for a bit on the 17th, & played when I got home yesterday. So I missed July 18-19-20 & 21.

#1932381 - 07/25/12 07:00 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Raptor , have a fun trip! Carol, welcome back!
CMohr, your hands were helping hands instead of playing hands, that't not a bad thing!

Irene, I think it is great that your sister wants to be in a MOYD frame of mind. I hesitate to say yes, because I don't want to open the floodgates for other requests that are not piano related.(Perhaps there would not be many requests, but this is "piano world" and the focus should be piano..... On the other hand, I like to be flexible. How about a compromise?
We could change your listing to Irene Adler-duo, and your sister will have to uphold her end of MOYD or fess up?

I am not on line much in this period so don't worry if it takes me a few days to reply we can count the start date as per your first request.

Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, aesop, 36251, A Guy, 34 invisible), 1410 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75898 Members
42 Forums
156848 Topics
2304657 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hi Everyone
by JoyBug
08/21/14 10:02 PM
Do pianists care?
by Ed Foote
08/21/14 09:44 PM
Can we strengthen the fingers?
by rov
08/21/14 08:53 PM
Hello to Everyone and to PianoStudent88
by Gene Williams
08/21/14 08:23 PM
Is this Piano Purchase Tax deductible?
by master88er
08/21/14 08:12 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission