2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 12 invisible), 1,897 guests, and 327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 98 of 190 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 189 190
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Welcome Potatojuic!

I haven't ben posting because I haven't really progressed. Still working on Morning has Broken, Alexander's Ragtime Band and Solace. They're all nearly there but have taken longer than I expected. I'm also working on Chopin's Waltz in A minor (opus post.) to give myself a real challenge!

Just thinking about making a start on La Bamba.

[Linked Image]
Korg SP200, Pianoteq
V
V
Hi, I am looking for a Piece on the Piano out of a book called Jazz/Rock Course By alfreds basic Piano course. The namme of the piece Is Feelings and Im wanting a tutorial on It If anyone could help me I would truly appriciate It. It helps me to watch and here It being played. Thanks Viki

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yesterday I got the urge to play Christmas carols. Crazy, isn't it! So I played everything from my two Level 1 Christmas books. They both have the traditional carols, so when Sheetmusicplus.com puts their Christmas music on sale, I think I will buy the Alfred Basic Adult Course Christmas Hits Level 2. That one has a lot of the "fun" songs - like Frosty, and Rudolph, and Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. LOL My grandkids will love it.

Still on the first few measures of Solace.

Vicki, there is a lot of talk about the Alfred Jazz and Blues course in the Level 1 thread. Maybe you all can start a support group for the book.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
I was just thinking it's probably not too soon to start practicing some Christmas music - must've been John F's posting in the piano bar (Have yourself a merry little Christmas).

I played for about 15 minutes, twice, yesterday, so it's getting back to normal. I just played some scales and triads, then reviewed some old Book 1 stuff.

How're you doing with Solace?

Carol
(Started playing July 2008)

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I haven't worked on Solace much this week, so it hasn't progressed much at all. I'm still on the first four or five measures. This is another one of those where I've had to draw lines to separate the beats in order to "get" the timing. After playing the section about 20 times, it feels like I have it. But the next time I practice it, I've forgotten. Yet if I run through it more than 20 times at once, I tend to get sloppy and lose focus. I should probably bring my book upstairs by the computer and follow the score while I listen to PianonoobAlex play it on youtube.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Sigh!!! I'm still not getting Solace.

I've been away from a piano over the weekend at my son's house for grandson's First Communion. I hit the piano first thing when I got back last night, and again this morning. At first I decided to just give up on Solace for now, but no point in skipping it since La Bamba is next. LOL So I went back to RH only for the first few measures. When I do another practice later, I will also do LH only to work on that rhythm. That looks really simple, it's just coordinating it with the RH when I don't know the RH well enough yet that's the problem. I'm thinking play those 5 measures several times RH, several times LH, try it once or twice HT, and then repeat the whole process until it clicks.

Okay, gotta go shower, and then more practice.

P.S. I'm continuing to play Alexander's every day too.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Solace took awhile for me, but when it clicked, it did so suddenly. I enjoyed it very much.

I'm on the Nocturne (about halfway through). After two weeks, it is starting to take shape, but it is much harder than I thought it would be.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/
P
P
Working on La Bamba and La Raspa now, I'll be glad when I'm done with these Mexican songs. Three in a row and then there is the Mexican Hat Dance coming up as well. How many more do we need!?

Hello all.

I haven't visited you for a while, sorry... Hope everyone is ok and keep playing!

I haven't progressed much with the book (I am still at Overture from opera Raymond). But I have passed piano exam! Ok, it was only Step 2 (not grade yet - that is next), but I did it and had very positive comments from examiner. And what is even better - I passed with distinction!

I am back to the book, and although life is very busy at the moment with work and personal stuff, I am trying to keep playing...

Alfred's All-in-One: Level 2 - started March 1st!
Still playing 'Overture'
Clavinova CLP-240
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Congratulations on passing that test with distinction. Super!!!

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
J
J
I think I'm winning the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" battle. But How do you get this thing smooth?

Baldwin M
Casio PX-330
Casio AP-45
J
J
Doesn't look like many people are working Alfred's Book 2.

Baldwin M
Casio PX-330
Casio AP-45
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Working in it, but no new progress to speak of. LOL

I haven't gotten up to "Battle Hymn of the Republic" yet, so can't be of any help, but I know that there are several people at or a little beyond it that could help you if they see this. Unfortunately, the thread isn't very active and it quickly sinks down to page 3 or 4.

Hope you get it smooth, so that when I get to it you can give me advice. :-) Good luck with it.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Putting the finishing touches on Night Song, and firing up Hava Nagila. I mentioned a few months back that my teacher suggested to me that I was spending TOO much time trying to "perfect" my Alfred's pieces. (As part of her reasoning, we've been working through Book 2 for a year now, and we're just halfway done.) Instead, her suggestion was to get down the "Gist" of what the music was trying to convey, then move on. I've done this, but nevertheless, this is week 4 for Night Song for me. It was harder than I thought it would be.

As a side-effect of her suggestion, I've rarely reached an acceptable level of excellence on these pieces that would warrant a recording. I might grab a recording of Night Song, just for grins.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/
wj3 Offline
I have been trying to record each song as I go. Not perfect but good enough. My teacher doesn't like the Alfreds books so, we don't use them for lessons. I have been trying to complete the series on my own. Lately he (my teacher) has been working me hard on sight reading and note reconization. So everything I play I have to name the notes and count all while playing. Now I have never been accused of being able to walk and chew gum at the same time, so its really an effort to do this. So anyway I haven't made much progress with Alfreds... I am presently working on Morning has Broken and Alexanders Ragtime Band, and Solace. I have been thinking of recording MHB, the moving on.

wj3

2010 Roland KR-115m, Yamaha clp-430
Working on Alfred Adult AIO 3 Super Special sorta song,Simply Joplin Bethena,Solace,Burgmuller
[Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
I'm working on Alfreds again. I've just about got Scherzo memorized (my teacher assigned it), can almost play Festive Dance acceptably, & still trying to get La Bamba back up to speed. & I've just started on Introduction & Dance - the first part's quite easy, the 2nd part ISN'T!

Carol
(Started playing July 2008)

[Linked Image]
J
J
I still include "Night Song" in my warm-up routine every time I practice. I am not a natural,i.e., limited talent, so I have to warm up for twenty minutes before I can do anything without stumbling all over the place.

I plan to start with a teacher in the fall. I believe I'm solidifying a bunch of bad habits, like a "fly-away" pinky on my right hand that wants to stay in the air instead of keeping in contact with the key. Hanon maybe?

Baldwin M
Casio PX-330
Casio AP-45
Originally Posted by jrcallan

I plan to start with a teacher in the fall. I believe I'm solidifying a bunch of bad habits, like a "fly-away" pinky on my right hand that wants to stay in the air instead of keeping in contact with the key. Hanon maybe?

Yes, I have that pinky problem, too. Hanon and my teacher are helping me comabt it. We're making headway on it with s-l-o-w Hanon. Keep that hand relaxed!

What I'm currently working on...
First Lessons in Bach
Masterwork's Classics
Sacred Silhouettes

Hi group!

I just started book 2 and have a question that I hope someone can answer. I am currently on page 31, Review - Time Signatures, where you have to write which time signature the notes equal up to.

I'm not too sure I'm correct in all my answers, and I didn't see a answer key in the book. Am I missing something here?

If anyone would be so kind as to maybe post the answers so I can compare? Thanks!!

wj3 Offline
I don't think there is a answer key... Here is what I have....

I have from left to right, top to bottom....

4/4, 6/8, 4/4, 6/8, 3/4, 4/4, 4/4, 4/4, 6/8, 6/8, 4/4, 3/4, 3/4, 3/4, 3/4, 6/8.

wj3

2010 Roland KR-115m, Yamaha clp-430
Working on Alfred Adult AIO 3 Super Special sorta song,Simply Joplin Bethena,Solace,Burgmuller
[Linked Image]
Page 98 of 190 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission