2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
46 members (1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, 6 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Who's the sock puppet?

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
S
S
I dare you not to like "Salt Peanuts."

S
S
Originally Posted by SirHuddlestonFudd
I dare you not to like "Salt Peanuts."

Prefer roasted.

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
I would also class myself as a person who dislikes jazz, however, I love trad stuff, there is a great British trumpeter, been around for years, called Kenny Ball, Honky-Tonk Train Blues and a lot, though not all, 12 Bar stuff, would never EVER miss The Oscar Peterson Piano Party and I am a fan of the saxamaphone playing of that all-time great, Lisa Simpson.

What I actively dislike (believe it or not, almost to a point where it makes me actually feel physically sick!) is the modern habit, where a combinatuion of various chords comprising mainly intervals of a tone and a half are meandered about on a keyboard by a self-proclaimed "Jazz Pianist". Where is the MUSIC?

Having said that I turned Art Tatum off recently, yeah, clever... but unrestful, the tune it proclaimed itself to be, I have forgotten the title, was virtually unrecognisable, Ok, some like it.

I don't.
(OH, YEAH, I CAN PLAY THE SCALE OF C MAJOR AND WAS DOING SO BEFORE MANY HERE WERE EVEN BORN! FACT!!)

As for peanut envy, I ain't even going there.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by WiZeM@N
hey guys, I'll be posting up a new jazz pianist/musician video every day here, so people can get a taste of what jazz really is.

Oh deary me, and I had agreed to stop pretending to be mean as a gesture of goodwill , and now we will get punished every day ad infinitum.

This was a thread where people could "come out" and publicly admit they didnt like jazz too,, a very brave and noble thing to do.

There allready is a thread for the jazz buffs to post in its called "jazz study group two" (the sequel)

Becca, I dont know who the sock puppet is.

I prefer my peanuts when they are bought in the supermarket and not in a bar of a jazz club, I am allergic to those.

Wizeman, you are so correct. I was bullied as a kid, by a jazz musician with an unmuted trumpet, every where I went he followed me blowing his trumpet in my ear unexpectedly, for ages and ages, Not only did it make me jump out of my skin, it made my ears bleed, and once he played 3,800 notes in a row with no discernable melody .

He had reached what is known as the "jazz pinnacle" of his career, and had just learnt of a man in New orleans whom it was said could play 3,942 notes in a row with no discernable melody,

He was gutted, and knowing he was on the way to being down and out, took it out on me.

I was just four years old, and at this tender age I began developing my jazz related personality disorder which I have nurtured to this day.

It might also have made me frightened of Hari krishna types with bells and cymbals as the melodic content of that racket is also dubious.

Maybe the only good thing to come out of the pre pubescent "jazz bullying" episodes, was that I learned the difference between a Radio and a jazz musician very early on in life.

For those that are unsure, You can switch a radio off easily.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
dOn't forget that the without jazz, we'd be still dancing polkas and jigs, ultimately artist like the beatles, pink floyd, bruce springsteen, bob dylan, rolling stones, tom waits, wouldnt't exist if it weren't for buddy bolden or jelly roll morton et al
you might not like jazz in it's current state but jazz and blues also represent emancipation of a whole people so i think some respect would be in order..
I'd like to see you diss this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9FZMHNhJ80 beetwen the wars 10000+ black people were lynched in the south

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KlinkKlonk
jazz and blues also represent emancipation of a whole people so i think some respect would be in order..
I'd like to see you diss this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9FZMHNhJ80 beetwen the wars 10000+ black people were lynched in the south

DUDE, that is totally illogical to play the "Black card" on me of all people. And it doesnt make any sense at all.

I was born and brought up in Hull, ( check with wayne33yrs another yorkie)

If you know your history, William wilberforce was also a Hull lad, and as a lad myself I was regularly taken to Wilberforce House/museum.

willberforce spent the majority of his adult life till his death in abolishing slavery, and the museum is a testament to his work,

Once seen ( especially as a kid) is never forgotten.

BUT, Your logic is flawed, my dislike (hatred) of jazz does not in anyway make me responsible or disrespectfull of what went on in the south of your country.

Thats akin to saying, If I dislike Jewish music then I am a "holocaust deniar"

Ridiculous argument. As an aside I love klezmer and have posted a few links on RST since I found out about it...

like this one for instance... totally melodic, unlike jazz.

Last edited by Rostosky; 09/09/12 07:44 AM. Reason: cant spell.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

R

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member
R
dOn't forget that the without jazz, we'd be still dancing polkas ...

Oh please! Don't mention poxxxs! I would start a: I hate Poxkxs thread." Except I can't stand the sound of the name. They are as bad as Patsy Cline!

Ok here ya go Rossy...
You hate Jazz because you aren't taking the right medication. Try getting your doctor to prescribe: Rimadyl, Ritalyn, Prozac, or any of the other amphetamines they prescribe to children these days. You could also try changing your diet. High sugar content. Lots of caffeine. Can substitute diet pills for coffee. Be sure to drink plenty of energy drinks...the kind they say will kill you.
Warning...Don't get this stuff near your Basset Hound. He will never forgive you.
If you follow my advise. You will love jazz.

Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Rnaple, sorry we posted at the same time...

Great advice as usual though.

The last time i went to the chemist with my prescription, I traded it in for a "pick and mix" but even that didnt help, I tried a quick listen to miles davies and promptly threw up half my meds and lost them.

while I was posting my previous post, I just got bitten by a damn horse fly ( no kidding) and now have a big bump on my arm, showing that even talking about jazz may be detrimental to my health.

Now I have to go google whats the best thing for a horse fly bite to sooth it? I did know but its been so long I have forgotten.

K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by Rostosky
jazz and blues also represent emancipation of a whole people so i think some respect would be in order..

DUDE, that is totally illogical to play the "Black card" on me of all people. And it doesnt make any sense at all.

I was born and brought up in Hull, ( check with wayne33yrs another yorkie)

If you know your history, William wilberforce was also a Hull lad, and as a lad myself I was regularly taken to Wilberforce House/museum.

willberforce spent the majority of his adult life till his death in abolishing slavery, and the museum is a testament to his work,

Once seen ( especially as a kid) is never forgotten.

BUT, Your logic is flawed, my dislike (hatred) of jazz does not in anyway make me responsible or disrespectfull of what went on in the south of your country.

Thats akin to saying, If I dislike Jewish music then I am a "holocaust denier"

Ridiculous argument. As an aside I love klezmer and have posted a few links on RST since I found out about it...

like this one for instance... totally melodic, unlike jazz.

then give it it's proper due, i don't see the reason for your self indulgement on this topic. 1000s of people have worked insanely hard on developing musical skils with little hope of ever being able to support themself economically by doing the thing they love just to have some charlatan rack down on them...
you dislike jazz, that's fine but why do you have to make fun of us?

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
1000s of people have worked insanely hard on developing musical skils with little hope of ever being able to support themself economically by doing the thing they love just to have some charlatan rack down on them...

Key word "insanely hard" yes I agree it is insane to work this hard on jazz.

I am not making fun of you or anyone on a personal level, I am expressing my Legitimate right to hate jazz.

I have the right to hate it do I not?

I have the right to express that , its called FREE SPEECH!

Or are you against free speech?

Didnt you ever hear any one say "I have a dream?"

Well, I too have a dream, I have a dream and in that dream, there is a world where I dont ever get to hear jazz, not on telly, not on the radio, not in pubs, and not in supermarkets when I am shopping.

I am entitled to my dream.

W
W
Keep dreaming dude.

K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
you didn't answer my question

W
W
KlinkKlonk, forget about this dude. He's got issues that go way beyond jazz.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member

z.

I am not making fun of you or anyone on a personal level, I am expressing my Legitimate right to hate jazz.

Klinkklonk, I did answer your question, but all those nights in dark jazz clubs may have affected your eyesight, so I have made the answer bold for you to see it more easily.

W
W
If it's good enough for the President to pick her, it's good enough for you.

She's awesome.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by WiZeM@N
KlinkKlonk, forget about this dude. He's got issues that go way beyond jazz.

How do you know how far my "issues" go?
Have you been peeping through my bedroom window again?

"If its good enough for the president its good enough for you?"

We dont all bow and scrape to some USA president in the UK, neither do we believe a word they say, puppets all of them.

Understood now Becca, sock puppet.

W
W

What is jazz? She knows...

K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
[quote=KlinkKlonk]

z.

but why? why mock something alot of people around here is extremely passionate about?

W
W

We dont all bow and scrape to some USA president in the UK, neither do we believe a word they say, puppets all of them.

You will bow down to the true Master...

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission