Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
87 registered (bennevis, anamnesis, Al LaPorte, 25 invisible), 1281 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#459178 - 12/27/08 01:01 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Garbo Offline

Loc: Oak Park, Ca
Apparently there is a very large group of frustrated adult piano players who, like me, started early, stopped along the way, never really mastered music theory, and recommitted as adults. I rebooted my enthusiasm with about a year of the "Simply Music" program which gets one off the sheet music and onto the keyboard! I've just about finished with it and plan to move onto a jazz and blues instructor in West Hills if I like him. I find my biggest challenge is staying on track. There is so much beautiful music to play and I have a very large collection I inherited from my Mother. It's very tempting to spend hours sight reading through Nat King Cole or Diana Krall piano pieces at the expense of memorizing Bach's first invention. I suspect the best players have developed discipline and focus on fewer pieces. I'm hoping my next instructor will keep me on track! So much music, so little time, and then my back starts to hurt after a few hours!! Camille, 55, LA area, Kimball upright, coveting my friend's Steinway concert grand!

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#459179 - 12/27/08 02:27 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
liszten_for_life Offline

Loc: Uned Kingdom
hi people, ive been a member for a while but now i've decided to really chat much more on here. I'm Robin and i'm 15 and i play piano for abotu 3 hours a day-by choice. i love the works by Chopin, Liszt, Schubert, Schumann, Beethoven and almost everyone else. i also play 5 string banjo, guitar and ukulele. althought i have only been playing piano for 3 years, i have learned that all i want form life is music and to play the piano. one day i will play a steinway in a great theatre and make peopel happy with my music but that will only happn from talking to other pianists and larning from them. i am currently teaching myself Schumann's Symphonic Etudes and some of Chopin's Preludes. anyone got any advice for me?

Robin
Mozart-sonata no 12 f major

#459180 - 12/28/08 04:04 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Bhav Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pianoloverus:
 Quote:
Originally posted by jazzyprof:
 Quote:
Originally posted by doremifasolaSI:
I love it more than life itself[/b]
Wow, such devotion! With that kind of passion you will go far. Welcome to the forum! [/b]
Reminds me of the Isaac Stern statement to "play every note as if your life depended on it" [/b]
I love the Piano more then life itself too, but I never got anywhere yet \:\( .

But hopefully in the future I will.

Joplin -

Maple Leaf Rag (finished)
Magnetic Rag (finished :))
The Entertainer
Stoptime Rag
Pineapple Rag
The Chrysanthemum
Reflection Rag

- Lots of rags to learn frown.

#459181 - 12/30/08 03:34 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: in the past
I'm really glad I found these forums. It was by accident - I searched for Rach 5 on the net, and a topic from here came out. I'm a 2nd year undergrad majoring in performance. I hate my school to be honest - but unfortunately it's one of two schools in Canada for music. Can't wait to get out of here for masters!

I love music, it's all I've known and there's no way I could be someone else besides a pianist. It means everything to me. I love performing! Even though recently it's been like having heart attacks on stage each time because I leave things for the last minute.... I have a few concerts coming up but the one I'm really screwed for is a two piano concert early in april with Rach 2nd suite and Arensky 1...... because neither of us started. (I'm never leaving something like that for the last minute again!) I love chamber music, my current favourite is the Franck sonata (the cello arrangement though).

My current rep consists of Bach prelude and fugue in b flat minor and c sharp minor book I, Beethoven op. 7, couple of Chopin etudes (not to perform anywhere thankfully), Chopin 2nd ballade, Wagner-Liszt Liebestod, Chopin f minor concerto, Rach 2 (I'm just bringing it back), the two two-piano suites, Debussy violin sonata, Scriabin 2nd sonata, and apparently I have to play a Canadian piece (fun..........)

I feel like I should stop talking now and browse the forums..

'I want to invest my emotions only in music; it will never disappoint me or hurt me - it is a safe place to be.'

#459182 - 12/30/08 06:27 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
JR_YC Offline

Loc: Rochester Hills, MI
OK, I'll come out from lurking!

I am another adult who has returned to piano after having lessons as a kid and then not playing for about 30 years. I got a free piano a few years ago, it turned out to be junk but got me going, so I gave it away and bought a used Young Chang. Now, three years later, I'm working steadily at teaching myself and am improving.

I also study guitar (and have a teacher), so every night is split between practicing piano and guitar. Actually, it works out well as the theory and interpretation transfer from one to the other. I look at it as studying music with two instruments.

I enjoy reading on this forum learn a lot from it.

JR_YC (because everyone calls me JR and I have a Young Chang.

#459183 - 12/31/08 06:38 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Gwena Offline

Hi,

I'm Gwena and I'm 16 years old.. I'm been playing piano since I was 7, and have loved (almost) every minute of it. I also play the trombone in jazz and concert band at school, and sing 2nd soprano in a couple of local choirs.

My curret rep is, Bach P&F in c minor, Sonata in E Major op.14 no.1 by Mozart, and Wedding Day in Troldenhaugen by Grieg.

I have a Kawai grand piano, which I adore. I love the sound, and especially the action.

Recently I have begun to think about piano possibly being something more than just a hobby for me. I've started looking at Music Schools and am really excited for the future.
Wedding Day in Troldhaugen- Grieg

#459184 - 01/01/09 11:11 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
acidious Offline

Loc: In my mother.
Hey \:\)
I'm a 14 year old Canadian girl who has been playing piano for about 5 years. I would love to have a career in music some day. I'm in the music program at my school where I play the alto saxophone, and we occasionally sing as well.

#459185 - 01/02/09 02:26 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
survivordan Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio
Hi!

I'm Daniel. I've been playing piano for a little less than 5 years now (since I was 8) but I feel a little behind the curve because most of the people I know started playing at age 3 or 4. I'm a bit confused because most of the rest of you play 'classical' pieces for lessons. I dont, I play from Faber and Fabers method books. I have a very nice piano teacher, and I have lessons once a week.

I am currently working on simplified versions of Joplin's "The Entertainer" and the "Maple Leaf Rag".

BACH: Invention No. 13 in a min.
GRIEG: Notturno Op. 54 No. 4
VILLA-LOBOS: O Polichinelo

Next Up:

BACH: Keyboard Concerto in f minor

#459186 - 01/03/09 03:42 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
cheerymornings Offline

Hello all! I just joined and was looking around when I saw this!

I'm 15 years old and came to PianoWorld to find some help in picking a model for a digital piano. I'm a beginner when it comes to playing, and I'm looking to get better. Back in middle school I took lessons for about 2 years. I quit because I didn't feel like I was improving, I didn't practice and my instructor always said I was doing great when I knew I wasn't. I still liked the piano but I thought it wasn't for me. And then a few months ago, I heard a song and I just had to try and learn it. And it was tough, but I got a little help from a friend and now I can play it (not perfectly and still some problem spots)! And this piece is so far ahead of where I was when I quit taking lessons. It really improved my confidence and I know that I can play if I work at it.

The best part- I enjoyed it sooo much when I could get a hard part in the song, when I could play through it, when I was able to memorize some parts. I was SO happy and it made me love the piano. And now I am playing a couple of other pieces, working on them myself, and it always makes me happy that I can progress and play better just by working at it. I love the feelings I get.

And now I'm looking into starting lessons again with a good teacher and I can't wait! I daydream of what it'll be like when I can play beautifully. So thats my piano history!

#459187 - 01/04/09 09:59 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
pianoperformer Offline

Loc: Johnstown, PA
My name is Brandon. I just realized the other day that I already had a login here from back in April, so I thought to see what’s going on.

I went blind at the age of four from a brain tumor. A year later, I started piano lessons, and started playing classical probably a year after that. I can’t remember the reason I started lessons, I just remember I had been playing with a toy keyboard so much that my mom decided to find me a piano teacher.

I’m 20 now, and a sophomore music major in college, at Duquesne University.

Though I had been playing for so long, I think the training I am receiving at college is so much better than anything I had before, and feel like my technique is really improving. I’m learning my first piano concerto now, and my piano teacher wants me to be in a piano concerto competition in a year or so. I’m really excited about that. \:D

I’m not really sure what I’ll do with a performance degree. I guess I’ll see what my piano teacher suggests in a few years, whether I should go on to graduate school or just look for another good teacher, and hope I can make some sort of career out of performance. If it doesn’t work out, I have programming as a backup, which I’ve been studying for about eight years.

I guess teaching is an option, but I don’t know how well I’d do at that, since I obviously can’t read music.

So my goal right now is to build up and maintain a large repertoire. I’m trying to figure out how to maintain a large repertoire in memory, because I can’t seem to be able to obtain Braille music.

#459188 - 01/06/09 02:29 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Amy Boyack Offline

Hi, I'm more of a lurker than a newbie. I joined the forum last year, but haven't contributed to the discussions, much. My career goals got in the way and I slacked off. Anyway, I joined this year's MOYD list and I'm hoping to be more active in this forum. I'm a work at home mother, with a wonderful family. I must admit I'm a little more productive when they are all at school. I teach piano and voice part time, and sing and play piano for community events. If you notice I haven't dropped by for a while, feel free to drop me a line and get me back in the discussions. I love making new friends.

#459189 - 01/06/09 06:34 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Matt Lacey Offline

Loc: Southampton, UK
Thought I'd introduce myself since there seem to be some other scientists here! I'm studying for a PhD in electrochemistry at the University of Southampton and I'm just getting back into piano after some years out of practice...

I began learning the piano aged 6 and learnt the basics quickly - but at the age of 8 I moved back to the UK from Japan and that was the end of regular lessons bar a short spell with another teacher until the age of 11, when I passed Grades 2 to 5 in the next three years. I changed schools when I was 14 and then spent the next 3 years taking lessons with fairly uninspiring teachers when eventually I became bored and stopped going to lessons. By this time I had been teaching myself the guitar for over a year, and very much getting into it. I played keyboards in a band for a while but a year later I went to University, leaving my piano behind at my parents' house, an instrument which has since been absorbed into the house as part of the furniture.

...and here I am today, aged 22, a reasonably competent and diverse guitarist I'd like to think but having almost forgotten the instrument that gave me my introduction to music all those years ago \:\( I recently bought a Korg SP-250 - largely influenced by restrictions on space and cost, but I think it plays well and has nice piano sounds \:\)

In four days I've learnt Bach's Prelude No. 1 in C Major (nice and easy... not the fugue though!) and most of Fur Elise... unfortunately my technique is non-existent these days. I'm a big fan of Chopin, and eventually I'd love to be able to play Polonaise Op. 53 (Heroique)... among loads of others - better get practicing!

#459190 - 01/07/09 07:08 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
TSPhillips Offline

Loc: Atlanta
Hello, all! I just joined today. I'm Taylor and I've been playing piano for quite some time. Came across this site looking for some information. I started lessons when I was 5 or 6 years old, don't really remember, it was kindergarten. I took lessons off and on after that. My family moved around quite a bit, so it was always a hassle to find new teachers. In jr. high, I didn't take any lessons at all, but I got back in the swing of things in high school when I got involved with the choir. I spent my first year after high school at Gadsden State Community College in Gadsden, AL. I got a full tuition scholarship there because I knew how to play chords on the keyboard. I definitely wasn't (nor am I still) good enough to deserve a scholarship for playing for real. Nonetheless, after I transfered to Auburn University, and couldn't make it into their architecture program, I decided to study business. I played a bit for the church I attended there, and played for a friends wedding. While practicing for the wedding in the music building at Auburn, some guy noticed me playing from sheet music (apparently uncommon in music building?) and suggested I try out to play keys for the Auburn University Singers show choir. I did, and only one other person tried out, so I made it. I had a real fun time with that group. They sing AND dance at the SAME time, with live accompaniment from small band, complete with horns and everything. Unfortunately, this group doesn't have any money, and couldn't offer any scholarships, but oh well. Now I've graduated from Auburn as of May '08 and have been unemployed since August of '08. I've had some interviews lately and realized that I'll need to get myself a piano when I go out on my own, while researching such things, I came across this website. I hope y'all can be of good service to me, and I to you.

-Taylor

#459191 - 01/12/09 05:25 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
D Dillon Offline

Thank you for the welcome. I am a piano teacher. My favorite composer is Chopin, and I love to compose music. I look forward to sharing thoughts and ideas about music and teaching with others who have a passion for piano.

#459192 - 01/12/09 06:34 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
sonshine Offline

Loc: California
Hello everyone!
Uhhm. My name is John and I'm in the eleventh grade. I'm actually not sure how long I've been playing the piano, because I remember quitting and restarting many times between ages 7 to 13-ish. I just learned Chopin's Revolutionary Etude, but it took a while because it's probably the most difficult piece I've played by far.
Thanks!

#459193 - 01/13/09 11:50 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Grebe Offline

Loc: Sausalito, CA
Hi, I'm NOT a pianist, although I do play the flute, and classical & folk guitar. I'm writing a book in which the main character is an accomplished pianist and composer, and I need to try and understand as best I can her repertoire--she loves Debussy--and the way she would think about the piano and music. I've read a good number of books about the piano and the world of the pianist--including Grand Obsession which was fascinating. Now I turn to Piano World for details on certain pieces, the various ways to practice, and how a pianist might compose. Thanks very much in advance for all the help you're giving me. Yours, Grebe

#459194 - 01/13/09 07:46 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Mocheol Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
What the hell is a lurker?

I see this phrase used and cannot quite get my head around it.

A traditional lurker is someone who skulks in the background
and desires to remain in shadows maybe even burrowing into ashes now and then.

I mean what difference is there between a lurker and a skulker anyway.

These words are slightly derogatory and one is very miffed indeed to see them used in such highbrow company

#459195 - 01/13/09 09:51 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Sammae Offline

Loc: Ottawa, ON
Hi All!

I'm Sam, 23, and I currently live in Toronto. I've been playing piano since complaining of boredom the summer I turned 7, which convinced my mom to put me in lessons. I took lessons until I was 15, when I developed Tendonitis in my wrists (I have very small hands). I was half-way through my Gr. 9 RMC and I have completed my Gr.3 Theory requirements. I kept playing on 2 bands at school and as accompaniment at church. When I was 19, my mom had to sell our piano and I've been without one since, as I've been in school and moving around a lot. I've recently finished my BSc Hons and I have itchy fingers and too much free time! I've finally decided I'm going to buy myself a piano. It's a huge investment, but I can't stand the itchy fingers anymore! I'm hoping to get my 1st level of ARCT in the next year so I can start teaching lessons to support going back to school.

Working on:
Chopin - Waltz in C-sharp minor Op. 64 No. 2
Deubussy - Suite bergamasque - Clair de lune

#459196 - 01/17/09 08:04 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
hobbit Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, U.S.
I'll introduce myself...
I found this forum by accident. I am 38 y/o PhD student living in Philadelphia. I am an amateur pianist with extensive knowledge in other areas of classical music, mainly music theory and composition (and some conducting as well) - however, I have always played the piano for fun, except the last 2 years, since I started my PhD. This is going to change now, and I started spend some extra time practicing.
I am mainly interested in finding people like me to form an amatuer chamber music group, but also practice solo pieces.
I just started to build a new solo repertoire:
Ravel: Ondine (from Gaspard de la nuit)
Chopin: fantasie-impromptu
Haydn: variations in F minor
Nielsen: chaccone op. 32
and as usual, half (if not more) of my limited practicing time is spent on just sight reading whatever is there near my piano (shostakovich predudes & fugues, Schubert sonatas, Brahms intermezzi and other short pieces, scarlati sonatas etc...)

#459197 - 01/17/09 01:27 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Mocheol Offline
500 Post Club Member

Why will nobody explain to me what a Lurker is.?

Maybe nobody quite knows,maybe its such a terrible thing that it has to be kept in the background at all times. The disease that dares not speak its name.

Please Help.I feel I might be classified as an incipient lurker in which case Im beyond redemption

#459198 - 01/17/09 01:38 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
whippen boy Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Francisco
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mocheol:
Why will nobody explain to me what a Lurker is.?
Perhaps because it is so easy to look up! \:\)
Lurker

#459199 - 01/18/09 06:27 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Mocheol Offline
500 Post Club Member

I have looked it up.
I remain unsatisfied to date with any written explanation[other than my own of course] as to the meaning,origen, or import of this word.

#459200 - 01/19/09 11:06 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
kievins Offline

Loc: Solihull, UK
Hi, I'm quite a young pianist at age of 15, and have been playing since I was 6. My repetoire currently consists of various Chopin preludes, Beethoven's pathetique sonata, Debussy's minstrels prelude, Gershwin prelude in C# minor, Rachmaninov prelude in C# minor and Bach's prelude and fugue in C minor. I've only recently started playing properly, with a view to seeing how good I could possibly become in the future.

I also play 'cello and tuba.

#459201 - 01/21/09 12:02 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
9ellis1 Offline

Loc: Wales, UK
Hi all! I've just joined so I thought I'd leave a post here. I'm 17 and been playing since I was about 5ish (can't remember exactly when!).

I love playing Liszt and Chopin or most things from the Romantic era onwards. I can't be dealing with Bach's trills and frills.

#459202 - 01/24/09 11:38 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
fieldmouse Offline

Loc: away with the fairies.
Hola, another newbie here. (: My name's Mouse - on the internet, anyway.

I'm nineteen (which makes a nice pattern of ages) and I don't know how long I've been playing - perhaps since I was 9 or 10. I'm still not particularly good, though; I was one of those people who always focused on the ability to hit the right notes quickly rather than play evenly and expressively. Trying to repair the damage ten years later... it isn't always easy. :p

As a kid, I never wanted to be a pianist, I wanted to be a guitarist. But when we first asked, my school said I had to wait a few years before they'd let me have guitar lessons because my hands were too small. Then at some point along the way we were given this old piano so I got lessons for that and mostly forgot about guitar along the way. I sometimes wonder how much difference it would have made to my life if I'd learnt guitar as my main instrument instead - though as my hands have never grown much, it's probably a good thing. I might even have given up because it was too difficult for me.

Playing piano with small hands is quite tough too, but as I started learning as a kid I don't notice so much. Still, I've got my grade 8 exam coming up soon and it's going to be embarrassing to explain that I have to skip octaves!

#459203 - 01/26/09 08:27 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Jozef Hofmann fan Offline

Loc: Oxford
Hello, I'm a former lurker!

I started playing when I was 8 and basically quit when I went to university at 18 until recently - I'm 27 now. I was very good very early on, but have unsurprisingly stalled somewhat due to a lack of practice.

I've been practicing a few hours a day for a couple of months to get back in shape, and I'm not seeing a lot of improvement at all. I'm wondering if there is hope for 27 year olds coming back to the piano to improve? The problem for me is memory - technically I can handle a lot of what I'm playing, but I don't know where my fingers are going and it causes me to stutter, repeat passages, and stall in the middle of playing.

I'm currently working on:
1.Waldstein (1st and 3rd movements),
2.Fantasie-Impromptu,
3.Appassionata (1st movement)
4.Rachmaninoff, Prelude Gmin (op 32?)
5.The opening cadenza of Beethoven's Choral Fantasy
6. and I'm considering tackling Chopin op.53 Polonaise Heroique, but not sure how difficult it is other than 'it's hard'.

I'm also worried that my fingers (especially my middle fingers) are bent and that that may be one of the reasons certain passages are uneven no matter how much I practice them.

Couple questions I'd be interested to know your opinions:
1. Is it hard to improve at the piano as you get into your thirties? Does it become harder do you think?
2. Does anyone else worry about their finger/hand shapes? That there might be a physical reason while you can't play things and it won't matter how much you practice?

Thanks guys. Great forum, I hope to be here a lot!

Drake

ps. I'm Drake, living in Oxford, UK.
Waldstein (1st and 3rd)
Fantasie-Impromptu
Some Chopin Nocturnes

#459204 - 01/27/09 10:50 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
StuartEstell Offline

Loc: Birmingham, UK
 Quote:
Originally posted by kievins:
Hi, I'm quite a young pianist at age of 15, and have been playing since I was 6. My repetoire currently consists of various Chopin preludes, Beethoven's pathetique sonata, Debussy's minstrels prelude, Gershwin prelude in C# minor, Rachmaninov prelude in C# minor and Bach's prelude and fugue in C minor. I've only recently started playing properly, with a view to seeing how good I could possibly become in the future.

I also play 'cello and tuba. [/b]
Excellent, another tuba player from the midlands - welcome on board!

#459205 - 01/27/09 02:59 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Lisasreturntothepiano Offline

Loc: Queens NY
hi I'm Lisa-- I've been around a couple of weeks.

What a great forum!

I have a few years of formal piano lessons as a kid and now I'm DYING to get back into it.

We are about to buy a piano, and I can't wait to break out my sheet music and see how much I've been able to retain over the last few years. When I sit at my sisters piano, it sure feels good.!

#459206 - 01/30/09 02:32 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Samuel1993 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I'm a new member :-)
My names Sam.
I did my Grade 8 a couple of years ago. I own a Danemann Upright piano. I'm studying a BTEC in Music at the moment, and hope to get into the RCM London after I finish college
Liszt - Romance in E minor "O pourquoi donc" S.196

#459207 - 02/01/09 09:34 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Karen123 Offline

Loc: Edina, MN
 Quote:
Originally posted by Kreisler:
I'd like to invite any new members or lurkers out there to introduce yourselves and join in the discussions.

So if you've been looking for a reason and a way to get your feet wet, here's your chance. Reply here and introduce yourself, then pick a topic and jump right in!

[/b]

Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bottom of hammer hitting top of damper on upright
by JoeThePro
12/21/14 10:09 PM
Getting better
by Kekewak
12/21/14 07:35 PM
Pearl River vs. Samick
by Zekk
12/21/14 03:41 PM
Kawai vs. Yamaha: what to choose
by SeeSharp
12/21/14 02:19 PM
Disklavier Pro Alternatives? C5X Value for money?
by bryan77
12/21/14 01:15 PM
Forum Stats
77391 Members
42 Forums
160049 Topics
2350390 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission