2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 9 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 81 of 190 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 189 190
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Music_in_Me
Thanks Waltz.

Here is Divertimento in D

thumb Was that ending improv?

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Good luck wj3...feel free to ask for feedback, support, or just vent, etc., I'm sure, you will find me and others here to help.

Here is Brahms Lullaby

M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Yes, Waltz, I changed the last chord of Divertimento in D into an arpeggiated chord, as I didn't like their ending. This piece would sound better if repeated one more time (not 8va).

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Good luck wj3...feel free to ask for feedback, support, or just vent, etc., I'm sure, you will find me and others here to help.

Here is Brahms Lullaby

thumb A really nice piece and great job on the expression! What type of piano do you use? I thought you said you use a keyboard, but your recordings are very rich and refined (not that that can't be so on a keyboard...)

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wj3
Boy I aggree. MiM you are really flying.....And playing them so well too. Good job... I am still stuck on Guantamamera.. I guess I am a little too picky but I can't get it to sound right yet... Maybe I'll move on soon.

I am learning one of your recital pieces. You did the Bach G maj and G min Minuets right? I am learning the G maj. Minuet right now. It doesn't look that hard, but learning it has been quite difficult. Both hands are generally acting in different motions etc. But it's a very pretty piece. What did you think of it?

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Waltz
[quote=Music_in_Me] ...

thumb A really nice piece and great job on the expression! What type of piano do you use? I thought you said you use a keyboard, but your recordings are very rich and refined (not that that can't be so on a keyboard...)

I'm recording using the Yamaha PSR 700, which has all kinds of bells and whistles, but I use it because I haven't yet started recording from the acoustic, which should sound good, but I need a microphone and some experimenting to do.

After recording, I just remove noise and normalize the volume level, so that if you stream all my recorded pieces, they will all have the same volume level.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Yes, Waltz, I changed the last chord of Divertimento in D into an arpeggiated chord, as I didn't like their ending. This piece would sound better if repeated one more time (not 8va).

Well, yes exactly - it really does (see my long-standing version back on page 1 where this was done) - all it requires is a two note transition to get back to the beginning in a smooth manner - but, if you came to this logical and perceptive conclusion, why didn't you follow thru? Your performance was good (including the arpeggiated chord ending) but it could have been a little better...always go with your imagination.

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
Hey JF - I'm still struggling with Book 1 pieces, but I have Book 2 and I've listened to most of the recordings at the beginning of the Book 2 thread while following along with the sheet music and I really like your versions of many of these pieces, especially the way you play them with enthusiasm and feeling, and how you often modify or enhance the arrangements to make them more interesting - I also like the recordings of Z32 whose playing seems very accomplished and polished - I hope some day I can get as good as you guys and some of the others here in the 2 (and 3) threads! Thanks to all for sharing your music! You're an inspiration!

PS

When you are aspiring to the highest place it is honorable to reach the second or third rank. Cicero
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by John Frank
[quote=Music_in_Me]...

Well, yes exactly - it really does (see my long-standing version back on page 1 where this was done) - all it requires is a two note transition to get back to the beginning in a smooth manner - but, if you came to this logical and perceptive conclusion, why didn't you follow thru? Your performance was good (including the arpeggiated chord ending) but it could have been a little better...always go with your imagination.

JF

Just rushing really! I know if I extend a piece, it takes longer to record as the probability of making a mistake goes up laugh. I just took a listen to your piece, well done.

wj3 Offline
Originally Posted by Waltz
Originally Posted by wj3
Boy I aggree. MiM you are really flying.....And playing them so well too. Good job... I am still stuck on Guantamamera.. I guess I am a little too picky but I can't get it to sound right yet... Maybe I'll move on soon.

I am learning one of your recital pieces. You did the Bach G maj and G min Minuets right? I am learning the G maj. Minuet right now. It doesn't look that hard, but learning it has been quite difficult. Both hands are generally acting in different motions etc. But it's a very pretty piece. What did you think of it?

I really like Bach. I am working my way through "First Lessons in Bach". Actually my teacher is using this book as my main lesson book. Alfreds AIO is a supplementary book in my case. We spend alot of time on each song. First learning the notes and then alot of time on Phrasing and dynamics. Bach is very demanding to play right. But is sounds lovely played at any speed. I am still working on the minuet in G minor as my teacher hasn't given me a passing grade on it yet. (He is pretty tough) I am also trying to get the next song (another Minuet in G major) under hand. In my spare time I work on Alfreds......

I enjoyed you recording of Bach's Musette....

Walt

wj3

2010 Roland KR-115m, Yamaha clp-430
Working on Alfred Adult AIO 3 Super Special sorta song,Simply Joplin Bethena,Solace,Burgmuller
[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
This is Lonesome Road

M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
This one is Village Dance

Looking at the next one (Circus March), I know it's not going to be as breezy smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Great job on both MiM. I'm shocked on both how quickly and how exceptionally you learn and play these pieces; keep going, you'll be in Book 3 in no time smile

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
It turned out to be easier than I thought.

Circus March

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
It turned out to be easier than I thought.

Circus March

Yet another great performance. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse but, once again, WOW!

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Waltz, I'm looking at the Hokey Pokey, and did some searching in the forum, and only found unkind things said about this piece! It has an air of La Bamba to it (cringe), and I'm not all that excited about spending too much time on it. Your thoughts?

Last edited by Music_in_Me; 09/25/09 09:04 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Waltz, I'm looking at the Hokey Pokey, and did some searching in the forum, and only found unkind things said about this piece! It has an air of La Bamba to it (cringe), and I'm not all that excited about spending too much time on it. Your thoughts?

It's ironic, because I felt the exact same apprehension when I began this piece. It's actually much easier and, in my opinion, more enjoyable than La Bamba. It's not so bad really. I'm sure you'll master it in no time ! thumb

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
... on the downside, there are 64 pieces in Book 2, and I'm now working on number 31 !!!! All this huffing and puffing, yet still far away. I'm just venting...gasp!

Hello all,
I've enjoyed reading this thread! Very motivating!
I'm committed to getting back to the piano-it's been nearly 20 years since my last lesson. I had about two years' worth of sporadic lessons sprinkled throughout my childhood years. We got a used Wurlitzer about a year ago, but I've not done much with it except sit down for a few minutes here and there and lament over how much I've forgotten. I'm a homeschooling mom and I decided to teach my boys the basics this year(my dd is on her 2nd year of lessons now)But the real result of that worthy ambition is that now I am at the piano for an hour or more a day I bought the level 1 text and went through it and the accompanying theory book last week to get back into things.
I've started the AIO book 2-things will reeaallly slow down now. Guantanamera is still not up to speed.
JF,
Were you the one talking about the Alfred Sacred book? I would love to hear some of these if possible. Pretty please?

What I'm currently working on...
First Lessons in Bach
Masterwork's Classics
Sacred Silhouettes

M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Welcome aboard happykah. It looks like you are on the right track...wish you the best of success.

Page 81 of 190 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission