Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1957135 - 09/10/12 08:22 PM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Rickster]
Gatsbee13 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: So Cal
Originally Posted By: Rickster
Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty

Some times I think my piano playing is getting better, much better... then I hear someone play who really know how, and I have second thoughts... smile

Either way, it's still a lot of fun!

Rick

Dont you hate that..

Sam, doesnt look like you'll ever be satisfied.. im trying to get off searching craigslist so often but its hard.. almost bought a kawai GS-30 in Orange county for $4500 with disklavier... the guy called me as i was first person to email him but i didnt pick up.. called him back an hour later and it was sold.. oh well, there will always be great deals out there..

Edited by Gatsbee13 (09/10/12 08:25 PM)

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#1957158 - 09/10/12 09:39 PM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Minnesota Marty]
Melodialworks Music Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty
The cycle is endless, as it should be.

+1!
Yamaha NU1 + Production Grand

#1957174 - 09/10/12 10:33 PM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Sam Rose]
Chopinlover49 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NY and NC
Your piano looks wonderful--like new. I really like the polished ebony myself which is what I bought a few weeks ago.

#1957355 - 09/11/12 09:43 AM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Sam Rose]
Rotom Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Awesome! Congratulations, and really, a great find!

#1957367 - 09/11/12 10:16 AM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Sam Rose]
bessel Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA

Congratulations, Sam! It looks gorgeous.

In my neck of the woods there's one of these, a 1990, "lightly used and well cared for" advertised on craigslist for $17K. I'd say you got a deal, can't wait to hear how it sounds once you get it tuned/etc!

#1958106 - 09/13/12 12:29 AM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Sam Rose]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Well, you asked for it, so here it is!

Before Tuning (MAJOR apologies to your ears right about now...)

After Tuning

Action still needs a nice bit of regulation, but the piano sounds fantastic!
Apologies for the shoddy playing. I need to practice this bit slowly, but this is good enough for a demonstration.
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#1958165 - 09/13/12 07:18 AM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Sam Rose]
Entheo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: chicago, il
yeah tuning helps smile

'after' sounds very nice.

#1958207 - 09/13/12 09:34 AM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Rickster]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Sam - she is a lovely piano and it great condition!
You have really inspired me to see what I could have achieved in two years if I had had a teacher throughout and been more dedicated...this has to change. I feel a bit emotional now...
I love my piano and want to play him better. My money fortunes should be cha\nging for the better shortly as I am on the way to being self employed.I already have numb erts of piano teachers to call. Piano is tuned and ready! smile
Very good wishes to you. x

P.S Errr.. let's get this straight- you went from beginner to playing Fantasy Impromptu in just two years???!!! Blimey you must be ultra talented! I have an ultra simple version in a new piano book (BEGINNERS) and am too scared to try it LOL.

Edited by EdwardianPiano (09/13/12 09:56 AM)

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1958209 - 09/13/12 09:52 AM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Teodor]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Teodor
Originally Posted By: piano joy
Congrats- it's beautiful and, personally, I think high gloss is more elegant and (this I know for a fact as I am an expert cleaning person, genetically ) easier to clean!

smile

Enjoy!
(I do wish someone would post a pic of some dumpy old piano they have so I could feel better....oh well, it's all good)

There you go, it looks a bit worse than in the pic laugh

Aww you have an overdamped one like mine. Perhaps my sign in name gives you a clue as to my sentiments regarding older/antique pianos- I love them with a passion and find them charming and full of character. I will have to post my dear old Piano's photo sometime.

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1958213 - 09/13/12 10:01 AM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Sam Rose]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Sam Rose
Well, you asked for it, so here it is!

Before Tuning (MAJOR apologies to your ears right about now...)

After Tuning

Action still needs a nice bit of regulation, but the piano sounds fantastic!
Apologies for the shoddy playing. I need to practice this bit slowly, but this is good enough for a demonstration.

Sam- your playing is very very good- in places you are up to the right speed and have the feeling captured. I know I cannot play this but it is one of my fave pieces of music and listen to it loads.I also listen to Yundi Li playing it who in my opinion plays it the best! And in parts you have got it like him! Keep at it Sam- you will have it perfect all the way through soon- in parts you are already there. I love your playing.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1975396 - 10/18/12 08:21 PM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Rickster]
candlelightpiano Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Canada
Congratulations on this fantastic grand, Sam! That's the same one Birba's got. Don't know how old his is, though. PAS? Sounds like an addiction! LOL Sure you shouldn't be joining PAS Anonymous, my friend? But $9K for this pretty grand is a steal, I dare say. I suppose it's now all tuned up. Sounded pretty good when you played Shawshank on it. You'll have years of fun on it ...that's if you don't sell it and get an even grander grand soon!

#1975399 - 10/18/12 08:39 PM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Sam Rose]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Thanks Choo! Shawshank was actually recorded on the old grand laugh
This one sounds even nicer! I have to get some things polished up so I can record it. Hopefully it will be in time for the next recital.
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#1975712 - 10/19/12 01:03 PM Re: Help! I've got piano acquisition syndrome! New Yamaha C3! [Re: Rickster]
j&j Offline

Loc: Southwest
And if you're taking classes or lessons, your teacher/instructor/professor, points out ways to improve your technique, phrasing, timing, and dynamics. My playing does improve but I am far more aware of all my mistakes so the journey continues. The thing that bothers me the most is the "plateau". I'll be stuck for some time and then suddenly, I'll "get it" and really improve. The frustration of being stuck is well worth the pay-off in improvement, but it takes some of the fun out of practicing. Thank heavens I have a beautiful piano to keep me motivated....which is how I justified my PAS. My friends and family just roll their eyes. grin
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." Pablo Picasso

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Exorcist movie main theme
by Danijelcro
09/23/14 12:03 PM
Free Cunningham Piano Company Grand Piano
by Rich D.
09/23/14 11:05 AM
Baldwin capo: a metallic-buzz sound generating system
by A443
09/23/14 11:00 AM
MP11 sustain pedal (F30) release: possible issue?
by kanadajin
09/23/14 10:59 AM
Chopin - Scherzo 1 Help
by YoungNoir
09/23/14 10:22 AM
Who's Online
142 registered (ajames, allakart, Aljon, 45 invisible), 1573 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76290 Members
42 Forums
157709 Topics
2316557 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission