2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, 8 invisible), 1,795 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
OP Offline
J
Hey, I've been gone for awhile, but had to come back on to let everyone know how incredibly psyched I am about my new Kawai CA 95.

Touch is incredible...I wished my grand piano had such an action.

Sound is what I call tight...not boomy, not tinny and not too bright.

Feel is so awesome and so, so, so easy to control

The vibration felt when playing this piano is like playing an acoustic. There's not going to be any need for earphones as the sound is just so incredible.

I am one of the pickiest people in the world and when I got this last Friday, plugged it in and played a few chords...I was so blown away. I called the dealer and thanked, thanked, thanked him. This is a piano that I was too afraid to dream about, but my dream has come true.

I took back the Roland RD700NX and have played many like the Roland LX 15, Avant Grand, Kawai CP Series and CN and I have never played a digital piano that sounds as good as the Kawai CA 95.

Just my .02

I'm in love!!!

Last edited by Justplay; 09/16/12 09:05 PM.
G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
That's a great review. I assume by Kawai CP you mean Kawai MP. Would you agree with the person who earlier was saying that the GF action is lighter than RM3?

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Thank you for posting the positive review Justplay, and congratulations on your new piano!

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
hello.. and congrats on the new CA-95.. i have yet to play one..

if you could, can you post price paid in "prices paid section"? thx

J
OP Offline
J
I didn't find the action lighter or heavier, just more like an acoustic grand. I have made no changes to it as it is perfect right out of the box. It's like playing on butter, just so smooth.... There is not a problem with the material used....not slick or rough...it's perfect. There is no noise and the keys don't have a bottom out sound like most digitals do. It is simply magnificent! It's not spongy at the bottom nor is it hard. I played the Roland 700 NX and my wrists and fingers we're killing me after an hour or so. It's like the Kawai is ergonomically correct.....Lol. smile

Thank you...I am so psyched. I'll take pictures of my studio as I have the perfect set up. I own a Korg Pa3X for my arranger and I use an audio interface to record the Kawai CA 95 and the Korg pa3X into Logic Pro on my Mac. I'll show pictures later.

The bench is also the perfect height...

This piano exceeded my dreams.

I always knew Kawai was pretty good and I liked the CA 93's and the 63's, but I didn't fall in love with them, but the CA 95 is perfect. I ordered the CA 95 site unseen as I knew it would at least be as good as the 93, but, in my opinion, this is twice the piano as the 93.

I was looking for a digital piano that sounded somewhat decent, as far as the speakers go and I didn't find that in the Roland LX15, or the Yamaha Avant... They still sounded like a digital in a box and had no or little feedback, as far as vibration or control, so I was constantly reminded that I was on a digital. The Yamaha CVP's had a decent speaker system, but when playing a piano voice alone, again, you're reminded this is a piano in a box..... BUT NOT WITH THE KAWAI.... the piano sounds are incredible and sound so awesome; if I weren't playing it and heard it, I don't think I would be able to tell it was a digital. That soundboard must be the difference.... It truly is amazing.

I know I"m going on and on, but like I said,....I'm very picky and I can't believe this piano actually exists...

Gvgfarns: I did mean Kawai CP (Concert Performers).

The GF Action is so good that if I could get an acoustic piano to play like it, I would buy it in a second!

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Congrats on your CA95. Show us a photo or two when you can tear yourself away from playing it.

You can imagine how big a smile I have on my face right now.... ordered mine without playing and will be arriving this week.... at £2610 it'll be interesting how people compare it to the
clp480... obviously more expensive and I'll be chuffed if this punches at the same weight :-)

A
A
Justplay: Thank you so much for your review of the Kawai CA95. After lots of research this is the one I was hoping would prove the best buy in that price bracket, I was hoping the Soundboard System would prove the decider in respect of sound quality. I was planning to head down to my local music store soon that has this and others in stock to try to hear and feel the differences between it and few other DPs. I seems I might have an easier job than I thought. No matter how good the blurb from the manufacturers it is always good to hear from an independent and unbiased reviewer. A lot of pianists have been eagerly awaiting a member review of this model - thanks again.

What an exciting review. Now we only need some videos testing sound from advanced user point of view.

Kawai CA99
J
OP Offline
J
I'd love to post a photo or two, but after 45 minutes of trying to figure out how and using the search feature...I can't for the life of me figure out how to download a jpg.... ???

Where would those instructions be? I read the instructions on the FAQ, but for the life of me when I bring up the full screen for response or new post, I don't see any file manager option....hum.

Thanks!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
[img]http://location of picture here[/img]

If you do not have your own webspace you can upload to sites like Photobucket (free) and use the above line.

To post a picture on Piano World, go to the Piano World Picture File Upload page.
Enter "Your email address".
Click "Browse" to select your file.
Click "Submit Form".
The next page will give an error message. Ignore it. It's been falsely reporting that error for several years.
Check your email for a reply. It will contain the URL of your picture on the forum.
When you create an post on the forum, use that URL in your post to include the picture.

J
OP Offline
J
I tried this twice.....

I'll look for an email, but none so far.

Would be nice to have this function 98% easier.

Thanks for the help though...

J
OP Offline
J

J
OP Offline
J
Okay, here's the location...lol

Error, error, error..

Not worth the trouble..

https://www.pianoworld.com/error.htm

P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Justplay
I'd love to post a photo or two, but after 45 minutes of trying to figure out how and using the search feature...I can't for the life of me figure out how to download a jpg.... ???

Where would those instructions be? I read the instructions on the FAQ, but for the life of me when I bring up the full screen for response or new post, I don't see any file manager option....hum.

Thanks!

@Justplay,

Try posting your photos, here:

http://imgur.com//

Click on "Computer" under "Upload images" as this will allow you to find your photo files.

After selecting your photo click on "Start Upload" and after it is loaded go to the following area on the right side of the screen:

BBCode (message boards & forums)

Click to highlight your link (below the above "BBCode") which you want to copy and paste into the forum, which looks like this:

[img] http://i.imgur.com/xj3Dx.jpg [/img]

Copy the link above first, then paste it.

It's just that simple!

J
OP Offline
J
Here are the pics of my studio and new Kawai CA 95... I'm still in love...

Okay, let's try this..

http://i.imgur.com/lpENs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0E8Ja.jpg

Thank you by the way!

P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Okay, now it looks like you've got it!

Nice job... easy, isn't it?

J
OP Offline
J
Lol....not what I call easy, but it works..

Thank you.

P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Not a problem... glad to be of some help.

As for the example picture I posted above, you will see the V-Piano.

With a little practice, it works.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission