2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, danno858, 9 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1962960 09/23/12 02:49 AM
OP Offline
Greetings,

I recently ordered a Sauter Delta (185cm) from Heritage Pianos in Surrey, BC back at the end of June. The dealer, Norbert Marten and a dear friend of mine gave me a great deal on a pre-order basis, but no piano would be available until sometime in October.

Recently, I asked Norbert if he would ask Mr. Sauter to sign my piano. Not only did Mr. Sauter agree to sign my piano, but even agreed to take some pictures of himself doing so. I am pretty impressed that he was so accommodating!

I can’t imagine too many piano makers doing something like that. I would imagine they would be overwhelmed with requests.

Below are the pictures of Mr. Ulrich Sauter signing the plate of my piano that is still under construction at the factory in Spaichingen, Germany.

Funny story…. I sent these pictures to my friend Oren in Israel, as he knew I was waiting patiently for the delivery date. His response, which cracked me up was ‘Now you have ultrasound pictures of your new baby!’ or something to that effect.

Cheers,

allthumbs

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sauter Delta (185cm) polished ebony 'Lucy'
Serial # 118 562

Single Malts Forever!
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Dear allthumbs,

What a wonderful way to personalize your gorgeous new Sauter Delta piano!
I hope that you have an appropriately fantastic single malt to celebrate its arrival in October.

Warmest congratulations!

Robert.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Robert 45
Dear allthumbs,

I hope that you have an appropriately fantastic single malt to celebrate its arrival in October.

Warmest congratulations!

Robert.

Thank you very much Robert. I am thinking of maybe having a wee dram of Lagavulin or perhaps a Macallan.

Serial # 118 562

Single Malts Forever!
J
6000 Post Club Member
Online Blank
6000 Post Club Member
J
or perhaps a Laphroaig Quarter Cask, or if you really want to feel like you've had your brain removed after one dram, there's a caol il that's touching on 60 percent..

YAMAHA Artist
M
M
If it's half as good as the Sauter Omega 220cm I saw in Amersfoort earlier this summer then you've got a great piano.

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Fantastic! I've never seen a Sauter in Australia, but have heard only nice things about them. Have you got just a signature, or is there a personal message in that signing?

W
W
Congratulations from one Delta owner to another! Do record it once you have it delivered...I'm just wondering how different other Deltas would sound from mine

Sauter Delta 185, Bosendorfer 225, Ibach F III 215

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Congratulations!

When do you get it?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by allthumbs
Dear allthumbs,

Warmest congratulations!

Robert.

Thank you very much Robert. I am thinking of maybe having a wee dram of Lagavulin or perhaps a Macallan.

Congratulations, and whichever Scotch you decide on, you should invite Uli (Sauter). He would be HAPPY to toast you and your new piano!

Russell I. Kassman
Technician -Consultant

FORMER/Semi-Retired: USA Rep.for C.Bechstein & Sauter; Founder/R. KASSMAN Piano; Consultant - GUANGZHOU Pearl River Piano Co.

www.RussellKassman.com
OP Offline
Originally Posted by joe80
or perhaps a Laphroaig Quarter Cask, or if you really want to feel like you've had your brain removed after one dram, there's a caol il that's touching on 60 percent..

Good idea on the Laphroaig. I’ve had the 10year and the Quarter Cask. Both excellent Islays. As for the Caol Ila, I’ve never tried it, but I think it’s about time to do so. Another one for my list.

Last edited by allthumbs; 11/07/12 04:33 AM.

Serial # 118 562

Single Malts Forever!
OP Offline
Originally Posted by MyOldBluethner
If it's half as good as the Sauter Omega 220cm I saw in Amersfoort earlier this summer then you've got a great piano.

Norbert had an Omega that had been used as furniture for several years was and in on consignment. He offered me a fantastic deal on that piano, which by the way got me very enthusiastic on the Sauter line. Unfortunately the timing wasn’t there and he eventually sold the piano to a local music teaching for a screaming deal. I hated to see that one slip away.

I have played on one other Sauter Delta that Norbert has and it is also fantastic, but it’s also sold and is still at his shop waiting to be delivered.

I’ve been researching pianos for quite a few years in anticipation of getting the piano of my dreams at some point. I’ve played Steinway, Schimmel, Petrov, Yamaha C and S series, Knabe, Grotrian, Kawai RX and Fazioli. All very nice pianos, but for me, Sauter is the one.

Last edited by allthumbs; 09/23/12 05:29 PM. Reason: add Fazioli

Serial # 118 562

Single Malts Forever!
OP Offline
Originally Posted by ando
Fantastic! I've never seen a Sauter in Australia, but have heard only nice things about them. Have you got just a signature, or is there a personal message in that signing?

I don’t know, from the photo it looks like there is more than just a signature. I’ll have to wait to see what’s there.

I've heard your Australia's Stuart & Sons pianos. If they sound anything like the demo CD I've heard, they are just heavenly. I've heard though they are extremely expensive. Fazioli range.

Serial # 118 562

Single Malts Forever!
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Wzkit1
Congratulations from one Delta owner to another! Do record it once you have it delivered...I'm just wondering how different other Deltas would sound from mine

Thanks Wzkit1,

I plan to do just that once I get used to the instrument. I have a digital 10-track recorder, but I’ll need to get a couple of mics suitable for recording a piano.

Serial # 118 562

Single Malts Forever!
OP Offline
Originally Posted by wouter79
Congratulations!

When do you get it?

Thanks wouter79,

Hopefully sometime near the end of October. The wait is beginning to kill me, especially after having seen these pics.

Serial # 118 562

Single Malts Forever!
OP Offline
Originally Posted by master88er
Dear allthumbs,

Warmest congratulations!

Robert.

Congratulations, and whichever Scotch you decide on, you should invite Uli (Sauter). He would be HAPPY to toast you and your new piano!

Thanks Russell, Mr. Sauter would be most welcome anytime he’s in BC.

Serial # 118 562

Single Malts Forever!
C
CJM Offline
C
I've heard your Australia's Stuart & Sons pianos. If they sound anything like the demo CD I've heard, they are just heavenly. I've heard though they are extremely expensive. Fazioli range.

Stuart & Sons pianos take, on the average, 12 months to construct, so your wait would have much longer :-) As a result, being handcrafted from start to finish, they are on the expensive side but you do get what you pay for. Their sound is quite extraordinary.

I have recorded high end pianos with many different microphones, but there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the best are Earthworks. Once again, not cheap, but if you want the best ...

All you need to do now is download some decent music from www.pianophilia.com and you'll be on your way :-)

Regards
Chris

Stuart & Sons 2.2 metre #25
OP Offline
Originally Posted by CJM

Stuart & Sons pianos take, on the average, 12 months to construct, so your wait would have much longer :-) As a result, being handcrafted from start to finish, they are on the expensive side but you do get what you pay for. Their sound is quite extraordinary.

I'm not sure how long it takes Sauter to build a piano, but I think the one the will be heading my way was already in progress before I ordered it. The fit and finish on these instruments is impeccable.

Originally Posted by CJM
[quote=allthumbs]
I have recorded high end pianos with many different microphones, but there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the best are Earthworks. Once again, not cheap, but if you want the best ....

That is good to know. I'll check those mics out. I remember years ago trying to record with a Sennheiser mic with horrendous results.

Originally Posted by CJM
[quote=allthumbs]

All you need to do now is download some decent music from www.pianophilia.com and you'll be on your way :-)

Regards
Chris

Actually, I have been a member and sometimes contributor at pianophilia for a number of years, although I haven't been there lately.

I also collect and scan music in pdf format and over the years I have amassed about 30,000 pieces of music by 3,000 different composers. I also have
about another 4,000 pieces I've collected but haven't categorized yet.

I am always willing to share any music that I may have.

Cheers,

allthumbs

Serial # 118 562

Single Malts Forever!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
The Grotrian dealer in Brisbane also has Stuart and Sons. He's got a 7'6" in stock. Lovely piano, but quite - well, different. I didn't spend much time on it, as I knew it was out of my price range. But to hear it being played by an accomplished pianist at the piano club, I'm sure it would be a delight to own. Very powerful.

Alan from Queensland, Australia (and Clara - my Grotrian Concert & Allen Organ (CF-17a)).
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
allthumbs:

We am just as excited about your piano as you are. Thank you very much for the trust you have placed in us and Sauter. For those who are interested Sauter is one of only very few German manufacturers still today headed by a member of the original founding family. Back in 1819 it is making Sauter world's oldest manufacturer still in operation today. It also one of very few German makers offering no sub-lines built elsewhere. Sauter insists building everything 100% in Germany with all parts and components made there as well. They have no ambition to compete in anything but the very best. It may be a small maker but they are selling all they make. That's why the wait. While I personally prefer the regular models like Delta and Omega, we're expecting an order anytime soon for one of their most exclusive models, the Peter Maly designed 7' semi-concert "Ambiente". Only one is being made per year, available also with 250 inlaid Saworsky Crystals. I've seen only one of these models myself before and while not my personal style, they are nothing short of stunning. Those interested to view a close up of this piano, pictures attached below.
Thank you very much!

http://www.sauter-pianos.de/english...g&imgtitle=&&fullscreen=true

http://www.sauter-pianos.de/english/grand_pianos_maly_edition/ambiente.html

Last edited by Norbert; 09/24/12 12:14 AM.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by backto_study_piano
The Grotrian dealer in Brisbane also has Stuart and Sons. He's got a 7'6" in stock. Lovely piano, but quite - well, different. I didn't spend much time on it, as I knew it was out of my price range. But to hear it being played by an accomplished pianist at the piano club, I'm sure it would be a delight to own. Very powerful.

Well, you do have a wonderful instrument yourself. The Grotrians that I have played were world-class. That is one of the pianos I would love to own, but unless you have lots of room and money, you eventually have to pick one...

Serial # 118 562

Single Malts Forever!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission