2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, 12 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 192 of 370 1 2 190 191 192 193 194 369 370
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thats a good question. She was a great artist. Can't even remember the last time she released something new!

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Yes, it's a pity, Rossy, that despite not doing all the wrong things - getting addicted to crack cocaine, marrying the wrong man, etc. - Lady Jane Grey came off so badly.

I hear the young Victoria also has a hard time with her mother's alleged lover (Conroy), but thankfully it never got as far as 'off with her head!'

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I believe the last royal command for "off with her head" was issued by our present Queenie, and had something to do with a Tunnel in France, the embarresment of a cheating princess, and something to do with a passport and Harrods.
Bring on queen Camilla. may she park her balls wherever she wishes.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
OOOOH, you gotta see this dudes and dudettes, I nearly posted it on Pianist corner, but thought I better not in case they thought the video had been doctored. No, only joking.

Two days ago, this dude in Hull, got asked to leave the pub for smoking a ciggy, he went away and came back, only he had armed himself with a chainsaw.... oops.

first off you see cctv outside the pub then the close circuit from inside the pub....

The thing that gets me is when someone threw a chair at him, dude, throwing a chair at a running chainsaw is only going to result in the chainsaw shredding the chair, thats what chainsaws do to wood.

The other dudes that threw alloy beer kegs at him had the right Idea...

But the guy who legged it accross the road and took him down was very, very, very lucky, if the dude with the chainsaw had turned around at that moment in time, then the dude who took him down would have been made into two smaller dudes and dead, in the style of zombie apocalypse..

In the game of Rock scissors, paper as an analogy , when it comes to "chainsaw" what you want at this point is "shotgun" not "chair"

Its never dull in Hull.!!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
OMG! Those are some brave patrons! That is some serious "I went off my nut" at an establishment! Bravo to those guys for taking him down..

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
It's one of those winter days that seems to require some soothing Stina Nordenstam.

I was expecting a call at six to say yay or nay. Instead I get a call after seven that said all plans have changed and they don't know what the plan is any more. Clients, don't you just love 'em?

J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
When I was a child growing up in Hull Becca, there was eight miles of docks, can you imagine? Eight miles of merchant ships coming and going, crews of Danes, Norse, Icelandic, and they all drank allongside the crewmen of HUll.. The city was notoriously hard.
But not cowardly, as in today. Yes, men had fights, But my mam could walk through the city at night, on her own and feel safe...
Why? because if any man had been foolish enough to give her trouble, a multitude would have descended upon that man and his life would not have been worth living..
There were unwritten standards and rules and codes of conduct.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Sorry Eglantine we posted at exactly the same time!!
You should charge a deposit Eglantine, so if they change the goalposts on you then at least you still earn??

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Thanks goodness he didn't have a gun.

BeccaB, I suspect some of the patrons were the kind of people very capable of looking after themselves. Hull is that kind of place.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
There is an exhibition on at the Maritime museum at greenwich, it is about the Arctic convoys.
If I had the cash to stay in LOndon, I would go and see it, and pop into Kew as well, I need a couple of copies of records that are held there.

The men ( many from HUll) who sailed in merchant shipping in the arctic convoys are often overlooked, and have not recieved much if any credit for what they did.
Churchill regarded it as the "worst journey on earth" and rightly so.
Thinking of Hull just reminded me.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Eglantine
It's one of those winter days that seems to require some soothing Stina Nordenstam.

I was expecting a call at six to say yay or nay. Instead I get a call after seven that said all plans have changed and they don't know what the plan is any more. Clients, don't you just love 'em?

Great post Eglantine! I had not heard this before.

Also, I well remember my consulting days and fickle clients. Most of my clients were great. However, there were a few that would be more trouble than they were worth. Don't miss that all!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Indeed Griffin, I knew nothing about her, and thought she sounded a lot like Bjork . I nipped over to wiki to find out more, and one of the first things it says is that folk compare her to Bjork!!

she is Swedish. excellent .

I think one day Eglantine should have a party where we go , unlike most parties where you will find me either in the kitchen, or consorting with the dodgy looking types, at Eglantines, I would be all over her new shelfing that houses her magic collection.

Last edited by Rostosky; 02/13/12 05:19 PM.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Great posts Becca. I was blocked from seeing the Prince post because our country forbid it being shown. Huh?! However, I went directly to YouTube and downloaded another one that is okay to show in the good ole U.S.A. Go figure!

BTW, I noticed I posted the wrong selection in my earlier post for Coldplay. I've fixed that!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Indeed Griffin, I knew nothing about her, and thought she sounded a lot like Bjork . I nipped over to wiki to find out more, and one of the first things it says is that folk compare her to Bjork!!

she is Swedish. excellent .

I think one day Eglantine should have a party where we go , unlike most parties where you will find me either in the kitchen, or consorting with the dodgy looking types, at Eglantines, I would be all over her new shelfing that houses her magic collection.

Great background info Rossy! Also, I'd love to attend a party at Eglantine's place. While you peruse her new shelfing system for her collection, I would like to get to mess around on her harpsichord! I've never even touched a harpsichord before. That would be lots of fun!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Another excellent DID. Bravo.

Here is something funny in preperation for valentines day. Watch the whole thing, seriously, watch it!

. . . And they lived happily ever after.

Here is some music to celebrate.

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Morning all!

I think it's going to be a little cramped for you all, as the music collection is mostly parked right next to the harpsichord stool (pinched from the piano in the other room as nothing else is the right height). The decorating continues. I'll post some pics when it's all done, but it's going to be a while as I'm clearing as I go and there's still quite a lot of that to do.

[Linked Image]

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I have to pick up a few Valentine's treats for my other half shortly. Eglantine, I'm looking forward to those photos when you've finished the redecorating project.

Here are a few musical Valentine treats for everyone. My first posting is Sarah Vaughan 1990 performance of "My funny Valentine."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I've always loved this song by Billy Joel, and it's perfect for today! Here is "Just the Way You Are."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hey PPP! I enjoyed those postings. The first one was very amusing!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent posts folks, and excellent valentine humour PPP... We just got nback from the weekly shop and guess what EGLANTINE???

Morrisons had the correct haggis , so we caught one and it is now in our fridge!!

I will take a photo of it and post later, it says it can be microwaved...... dont fancy that.
It will get the tinfoil treatment as advocated By Eglantine.

later.

But in the meantime, ever since mrs R saw this she has been doing the same ever since... sometimes the girls seem to need attention...

Last edited by Rostosky; 02/14/12 11:59 AM.

Page 192 of 370 1 2 190 191 192 193 194 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission