Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 194 of 236 < 1 2 ... 192 193 194 195 196 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1965422 - 09/27/12 06:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Have a good trip Becca, and be safe especially if on your kwak and feeling down or distracted.. take it easy and get back here when you can.

When I die, yes , I know I know it will be seen as a sad event by the , arthritically crippled old lady down the road for whom I did some gardening once ( because she pays well)

But, for most of my family and three out of my four friends, it will be a happy magical and mystically spiritually uplifting time for them.

They will dance and sing good songs (not out of Mr williams repertoire)and drink alcoholic beverages and take stuff and eat pills and pour amaretto on my grave for me to drink in the afterlife and have a party round my grave that lasts for about 3 or 4 days and nights and have a good fire. Dogs will be welcome, ( but not kids because they whine and get in the way of fun and shout and argue with each other ) also human mutoids will be most welcome as will be any social outcast or outsider.

Anyways , when I do dying, I will hopefully do it in some sort of style and in a totally disgracefull way, like with a ciggie in one hand and an amaretto or girl in the other and something in my mouth ( either the amaretto or girl, depending on the quickness of death)

I will probably go in a very noisy fashion and complain loads to get as much attention as possible as men are oft fond of doing with things like "man-flu" but much more intense, because I will see my death as more worthy of being waited on hand and foot than manflu commands.

hopefully before my demise happens I will have loads of money to buy servants and have a bell that I can ring for when I want things bringing to me immediately.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1965429 - 09/27/12 06:31 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Me for the worms, thats what I call a fair exchange...
which reminds me..

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1965512 - 09/27/12 10:01 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Purty words, Richard!

And yes, Wayne, I'm in!

Rossy, I understand where you're coming from, in a slightly different way. I had a similar issue when Whitney Houston died. The difference was that it didn't bother me to hear her music played constantly, because I like her music. What bothered me is that many people around me where I work suddenly decided they had immense singing talent, and screeched their way through many of poor Whitney's songs. Repeatedly. There are just some notes that the average person can't hit, and they should stop trying. For me.

Yoko's knitting in this video is fascinating.

#1965519 - 09/27/12 10:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Sorry to hear about your uncle Becca. x

Quote:
I really dislike folk like Andy williams dying because now they will play millions of his songs for ages and I dont like any of them.

Let's hope Barry Manilow has many years left in him. laugh
I once was "treated" to a full colour, full sound dream of Manilow playing Mandy close up..like I was at one of his concerts. I woke up shuddering. To make matters worse the following night I dreamt I was at a Cliff Richard concert. confused

Edited by EdwardianPiano (09/27/12 10:14 PM)

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1965523 - 09/27/12 10:20 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: wayne33yrs

lol smile

LOL! Very stylish, especially the blue rubber gloves. The music was rather good as well¬!

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1965897 - 09/28/12 05:12 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hi everyone!

Coming back to soviet composers, but this time to post about a well known musician: Dmitri Kabalevsky.

His suite “The comedians” has plenty of nice melodies, probably you'll recognize some of them, since they've been used in some films, and there are piano transcriptions from this music.

My website

#1965901 - 09/28/12 05:18 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

\excellent choice recaredo, I hope your not suggesting dimitri for after mendelssohn??

wayne is practicing, I just feel it in my old bones.

#1965907 - 09/28/12 05:30 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hi Rossy!

No, I’m not suggesting that, now I can just focus on Satie.There's still a lot of work to do with my Gnossienne!

My website

#1966099 - 09/29/12 07:40 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Recaredo
Hi Rossy!

No, I’m not suggesting that, now I can just focus on Satie.There's still a lot of work to do with my Gnossienne!

Phew! and relax again.lol

#1966382 - 09/29/12 04:52 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rupak Bhattacharya Offline

Loc: West Bengal, India
I'm so Sorry for being quite irregular in RST frown Though it's become my daily habit to check for new posts on RST at least once a day, still I get quite a few chances to be active here. Anyway, after a long time I've got a mood for posting some ICM today.:) This time it'll a bit different, it's ICM on Piano! I've recently come across this amazing young Indian talent who successfully achieved wonderful renditions of the moods of raga on piano. His name is Utsav Lal. I've recently purchased one of his albums and I really liked it. I've just made a video of one track of this album. It's on Raga Hansadhwani. Let's enjoy:

There are several other beautiful performances of him on youtube. The following one is really interesting. It's on a new kind of piano, viz, the fluid piano. I've first heard of this piano. You can change the tuning of each note in this piano while performing, thus it allows a smooth transition between notes which is one of the most important ornament in ICM. It sometimes sounds like a Sitar or Sarod.

Here is another of his performance on Raga Yaman:

Richard, your thoughts for us and your engagements with RST really touched me. We are so lucky to get such a wise and knowledgeable musician like you. Thank you so much for your commitment, your beautiful posts and sharing your versatile knowledge with us.

And thanks to all Rostoskians for spending their valuable time to maintain such a wonderful friendly and musical environment at RST!

#1966414 - 09/29/12 05:40 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK

Amongst other things Rossy!

#1966416 - 09/29/12 05:41 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

What an amazing sound this piano has Rupak!

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1966419 - 09/29/12 05:46 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Rupak, I'll give em a listen 2moz, just doin' supper wink

#1966453 - 09/29/12 06:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Rupak, thanks a lot you nuisance, why so you may ask? well before I hadnt heard of the fluid piano, so I didnt really think about wanting one or how to get one.

Now I have heard it, I want one.

amazing a sitar with the precision of a keyboard.

I have to repost that on PC, I just have to, you all know why.

Edited by Rostosky (09/29/12 06:26 PM)

#1966678 - 09/30/12 06:49 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
Good day, everyone! How's the Satie going? I see you have a full house!

We start our Sunday Classical selection with a nod to the Almighty. This is an example of what we gave up when we introduced tonal music: The Agnus Dei from Palestrina's Missa Papae Marcelli. This is Palestrina's most famous Mass and is the culmination of all his compositional skills.

#1966689 - 09/30/12 07:51 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

The gaiety returns with the Estudiantina Waltz from Emil Waldteufel. Emil was born in Alsace at a time when it was French. It was German when he died 78 years later.

Waldteufel was to Paris what Strauss was to Vienna when the Waltz was a global craze.

#1966694 - 09/30/12 08:24 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

This Sunday's vocal offering is one of the world's favourite duets, from Bizet's The Pearl Fishers, In the Depths of the Temple. Jussi Bjorling, one of the finest voices of the last century, and Robert Merrill do it justice.

Bizet was a brilliant pianist whose sight reading skills were a match for Liszt or Saint-Saëns but he chose to focus on opera. Neither of his earlier two operas, The Pearl Fishers nor The Fair Maid of Perth were big successes but his Carmen was spectacular though he died three months after its release considering it a failure.

This, together with the top comment on YouTube for this piece, "When I am in despair from what humans do to each other, other living creatures and our planet, this reminds me that humans can be divine and our existence may be justified", prompted my little eulogy midweek. I was going to add it to this posting but I couldn't wait.

#1966700 - 09/30/12 08:53 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

The calm before the storm is Mahler's Adagietto from his fifth symphony (and the movie Death in Venice). This popular piece is the most commonly played single movement of all of Mahler's work and was known in England thirty six years before the whole Symphony.

Such is the emotional outpouring in this love letter to his wife, which he performed in around eight minutes, that modern conductors such as Karajan, Bernstein, Ozawa, Barenboim and here, Karajan's successor at the Berlin Phil., Sir Simon Rattle, have drawn it out to an adagio of around eleven minutes. Is it any wonder I've been weeping since Wednesday, when I worked out the weekend's warblings.

#1966710 - 09/30/12 09:36 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

The final entry in todays selection is O Fortuna, one of the most popular and frequently played classical pieces. Trust me to start AND finish in Latin! This is a poem from the 13th century, part of a collection known as the Carmina Burana and was set to music as a cantata by Carl Orff.

Here with the words...

Here with the pictures...

Have great Sunday, everyone.

#1966744 - 09/30/12 11:04 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: zrtf90]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

thumb Richard that was an absolutely fabulous program of classical music! Bravo! O Fortuna was a very dramatic selection to conclude with. I'm going back for a second listen.

BTW, I am enjoying learning the Satie piece I've agreed to take on. Prior to this I had never played any of Satie's music, and am currently learning only one of the other French Impressionist composers, Claude Debussy. I'm really pleased Wayne was able to successfully pull together this team for the themed recital next month.

Thanks again Richard for giving me a break from Sunday classical postings to be able to participate in the Satie recital. Have a great day!

#1966768 - 09/30/12 11:51 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Notice Malkin said "Mid CENTURY" I'm guessing Gnossienne 5 is still up for grabs. smile

Hello all smile

#1966813 - 09/30/12 01:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rupak Bhattacharya]
griffin2417 Offline

wow Rupak, I'm truly enjoying your ICM postings! I never knew about the pianist you introduced us to. Outstanding! I always learn so much when you present! Another great effort! Thanks.

I'll be back to practicing shortly. How are things going for you with your Satie piece?

#1966814 - 09/30/12 01:23 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
griffin2417 Offline

Wayne, I have total confidence in your ability to recruit another team member for us if Malikin won't be able to take it on! After all, you made it impossible for me to sit this one out! laugh

#1966843 - 09/30/12 02:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

pmsl smile

#1966947 - 09/30/12 05:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Rupak, I also loved the fluid piano, I hadn’t seen it before, sounds like a proper instrument to ICM.

Great posts Richard! I enjoyed listening to them as much as I did reading your comments.

After listening to the Bizet, I felt the need to hear this:

Night!

My website

#1966953 - 09/30/12 05:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Wayne the liszt did not have that very famous chinese man Mr. Wan king.

#1966979 - 09/30/12 05:54 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I omitted Mr. Wan king, didn't want Recaredo or Rupak questioning the instrument wink

#1966993 - 09/30/12 06:10 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Ohh, while I remember there was a lovely interview with Ian hunter on radio2 today ( sunday) steve right's show, Ian was steves afternoon guest.

There might be a replay facility on Iplayer the show is called sounds of the seventies.

#1967016 - 09/30/12 07:02 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Dipsy Offline

Wayne - pmsl about the chinese phrases!

Richard - I really liked your postings - made more interesting by your explanatory notes

Isn't it great how those of us involved in the satie recital are pulling together now? It gives me a feeling of community on this thread which goes beyond writing postings to actually DOING things, for ourselves and the group effort. As well as folk preparing to perform a Satie piece, there are others in a 'backstage' role supporting the effort (Richard and Rossy).

#1967350 - 10/01/12 03:00 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Yeah, thnx to all involved smile

Page 194 of 236 < 1 2 ... 192 193 194 195 196 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
104 registered (angga888, antony, Ashish, Anne'sson, accordeur, 33 invisible), 1240 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153619 Topics
2251511 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Noodling board
by Maarkr
04/20/14 10:20 PM
New Movement Composed "To Rule" 4/20/2014
by hsheck
04/20/14 10:17 PM
Understanding Sharps
by imustlearn
04/20/14 08:18 PM
When a beginner is not a beginner anymore?
by Eight Octaves
04/20/14 08:09 PM
DEBUSSY-"Serenade for the Doll" from 'Children's Corner'
by Hal Freedman
04/20/14 07:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission