Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1970041 - 10/07/12 09:44 PM Need help buying grand piano with player system
Jamie W Offline

I want to start playing (total beginner, played one year as a child) but we want a gorgeous instrument in case I don't love it and think the player addition would be fun for parties. We went to the local store and they are selling a Yamaha DGB1KE3 which is supposedly the entry level newest Disklavier system for $15. Do I even need a Disklavier system? I assume I want the feature to have accompaniment but if we have 5 CD's or songs of any kind to play at parties that would be great with the possibility to purchase more. We assume we don't need the latest technology but the store had a few used pianos of various brands and kept saying we would want to upgrade for $2K to the latest system even though they had older other player systems. This really confused us. I don't want an entry level piano in case I love playing but I don't want technology/equipment we would never even bother to learn to use. One used grand piano here is a Yamaha GP1 with a Pianodisc brand player and they want $9K for it. That seems expensive if I really have to upgrade $2K for the newest player. Please help!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing about Yamaha and have no idea about the various brands, there are too many.

#1970042 - 10/07/12 09:44 PM Re: Need help buying grand piano with player system [Re: Jamie W]
Jamie W Offline

Thank you so much for your help!

Jamie Webb

#1970044 - 10/07/12 09:45 PM Re: Need help buying grand piano with player system [Re: Jamie W]
Jamie W Offline

Sincerely,

Jamie W

#1974370 - 10/17/12 02:42 AM Re: Need help buying grand piano with player system [Re: Jamie W]
tintinlad Offline

I can say that you need to buy a yamaha grand which has the disklavier system installed on it. You at the very least the system which has the cd playing capabilities. The "upgrade" they speak about is probalby with the new module DKC850 which would then replace the disklavier module of the piano I sopke about earlier. This new upgrade brings I think one good improvement: the ability to connect to the internet and therefor use the "Radio" disklavier service from yamaha (its a monthly subscription but its worth it; 24/24hrs non stop streaming music which play your piano in a variety of style to choose from. You of cours can also get the separate cds to keep or plunge in tha vast amount of titles available free over the web. On the "piano" side I would say that Yamaha are very good instrument, with a tendency towards clarity (some people find they miss bass grandeur), but then it is a matter of taste. They have all a great mechanic. But as far as self playing system they are the best I think/
;-)

#1974373 - 10/17/12 02:53 AM Re: Need help buying grand piano with player system [Re: Jamie W]
tintinlad Offline

If you can afford it yes take the Yamaha DGB1KE3 it has all the newest features and a great resale value in case. Have it installed properly at home, tuned (internet connection, and a proper one to one "how to" tutorial with a competent person (you should film it with your smartphone so you can come back to it for reference). Then you can start right away enjoying the piano playing beautiful music...

...AND ask them (or around) for a good piano teacher who deals with adults beginners and if you can arrange and afford it get the courses at your home on your piano...! And keep up with the courses you will learn !

What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (accordeur, 36251, Alkanaut, AndreiN, A Guy, 48 invisible), 1795 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75566 Members
42 Forums
156230 Topics
2294504 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Intro to Elton John's 'Nikita'
by Visalia
8 minutes 55 seconds ago
Is a Yamaha P35 appropriate for church services?
by Giancarlo Robles
Today at 03:59 PM
Need suggestions for Music Room
by Gatsbee13
Today at 03:39 PM
Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions
by Dwscamel
Today at 12:52 PM
What do you think made you passionate about music/piano?
by Spuds
Today at 11:45 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission