Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1969954 - 10/07/12 06:11 PM How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members?
Nick Mauel Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Sarasota and Naples, FL
Greetings everyone,

I thought I would pass on what I just read on a dealer's site regarding 8 myths discussed here:

http://www.steinwayarizona.com/news/buying-a-used-steinway/

Quote:

MYTH #6:
Pianoworld.com is the best source for information about purchasing a piano.

Inevitably the search for piano information on the internet will lead to pianoworld.com. Pianoworld.com is dominated by a handful of technicians/salespeople who express their opinions as facts. These so-called experts apparently aren’t in such demand in their local market so they have enough time on their hands to make tens of thousands of posts. Many of these posts or advice reports are by people who don’t even exist—-they are fictitious. The ones that are real people rarely work for a Steinway dealership. In fact many of them haven’t worked on a Steinway & Sons in years and have never played a new Boston or Essex piano. They give advice on pianos they haven’t personally heard or played. The best source of information is your local piano dealer where you can physically hear and play a variety of pianos and talk face-to-face with an expert who values their reputation in the community they serve.

I liked the part I put in bold...

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Nick
239-206-4541 direct line
www.nickspiano.com

Concert Piano Technician, Dealer, and Pianist

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#1969957 - 10/07/12 06:20 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Furtwangler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Danville, California
Consider the source.

If you are ever in need of some good bulls__t, head for your nearest Steinway dealer.

#1969964 - 10/07/12 06:35 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Nick, you bring up a very good question... but quite frankly I do not agree with the “myth” statements you mentioned. I do not think that PW is dominated by a handful of professionals (technicians and salespeople) who have nothing else to do but hang out on PW and give biased advice all day long… there may be a few “fictitious” members here, (until they are found out and banned) but most members here, who are piano professionals, are legitimate in my view. And, I think they provide an invaluable service to our members and visitors.

Also, as I read your thread and took a look at the Steinway dealer web site you referenced, I thought about the one fictitious and deceitful member here that I recall, Piano Madam, who was actually a Steinway salesperson and turned out to have multiple forum names and personalities which were actually fictitious (who was permanently banned, by the way). I see a good bit of irony in that, based on the Steinway dealer “myths” … The pot calling the kettle black, maybe?

So, I still happen to think that Piano World is one of the best sources of piano advice and information on the internet or anywhere else…

Rick

#1969966 - 10/07/12 06:38 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
PianoWorksATL Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I pleased there are a few official Steinway folks that participate on occasion. However, I've noticed that the rare appearances of Steinway dealers are short-lived and tumultuous. I wonder if Steinway has ever suggested against dealer participation since I don't know of even one "regular" member.

Over on the Digital Forum, the rare appearances from manufacturers are embraced almost to the point of celebration. I wonder if that could be enjoyed here on a larger scale.

This is an invitation not just to Steinway but to any willing manufacturer: a confident, engaging voice explaining a manufacturer's point of view carries some risk but I think even more tremendous reward in a small industry like ours especially in an era when people expect to "shop" and "research" every purchase from their organic apples and "free-range" chicken to their "green" clothiers, safely-tested cosmetics and certainly pianos.

If that dealer has taken this position, they risk losing or turning away the current and next generation of buyers. Anybody here think the whole "internet" thing will just blow over our traditional industry?
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta

#1969971 - 10/07/12 06:44 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Bob Newbie Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Rick I agree..I'd say everyone has an opinion regarding "new" pianos,like 57 flavors of ice cream..but if your in the market for a vintage/used..PW is a wealth of trusted info by
our tech members dept.. smile

#1969980 - 10/07/12 07:07 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
That Steinway sight is hard on the eyes to read, I think. More than one "myth" on that site, is just that, a myth in and of itself, written for a purpose no doubt, his own.

Older is not better? I think he is crying for piano sales... We have a 1920 Steinway D at my college that was completely rebuilt but for the sound board and bridges that is a fantastic grand! I like that one better than many of the newer pianos.

I tune the brands that he says that we do not tune and apparently, have never seen... He is sooooo full of himself and "it."

After reading what he says I, for one, would certainly not recommend that particular dealer for any reason whatsoever! He's shooting himself in the foot!

He's blowing smoke and full of baloney.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1969995 - 10/07/12 07:48 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Ed Foote Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tennessee
Nick sez:
"The best source of information is your local piano dealer where you can physically hear and play a variety of pianos and talk face-to-face with an expert who values their reputation in the community they serve."

Hmm, the biggest problem I have with that is that dealers lie. There is such a vested interest in any of them that the buyer who simply believes what the dealer says is going to buy what that dealer sells.

However, when a potential customer goes to two or three dealers, they end up calling someone like me because they have become confused. I don't sell pianos, (well I have sold 16 rebuilt ones in 32 years), so I have no brand loyalty. I have no vested interest, I have no reason to lie. I do have a lot of experience watching pianos wear, few dealers do. I think a smarter customer is going to listen to techs rather than dealers. If you want to know the most dependable car, dishwasher, computer, piano, etc. talk to the mechanics, not the salepeople.

There are many others like this on PW, we are a de facto, peer-reviewed group, and though I often see postings that my experience differs from, by and large, the info you will see distilled here is going to be of more value than what a customer will get from virtually any dealership.

Now, if there was just some way for us to make money off this...
Regards,

#1970002 - 10/07/12 08:04 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Nick Mauel Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Sarasota and Naples, FL
Ed,

In your post you stated "Nick sez: ..."

This is not true.

I simply quoted something that another source is publishing as 'myth'.

I support PianoWorld as a source of good information and agree with other posters here.

Thanks,

Nick

PS - only some dealers lie.

Originally Posted By: Ed Foote
Hmm, the biggest problem I have with that is that dealers lie.
239-206-4541 direct line
www.nickspiano.com

Concert Piano Technician, Dealer, and Pianist

#1970004 - 10/07/12 08:08 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
dsch Offline

Loc: florida
I've received excellent advice from people on this forum (even more than one person in this thread) as well as from other dealers on the phone and in person.

I know that some dealers might be shifty but the ones I've encountered have been straightforward and I have no reason to be suspect. I wish I had the bucks to support them all, but in the end there will be only one purchase.

Thanks to all who have helped me! I wish you all continued success and I am grateful for this forum.

I have to say, though, in the end, despite the advice, the books, the research--there is no substitute for making a lot of road trips.

The ear, heart, and fingers are fickle and what we like and respond to coupled with what we can afford is really an individual thing.

Edited by dsch (10/07/12 08:08 PM)

#1970006 - 10/07/12 08:15 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: dsch]
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (orig. Nahant...
Originally Posted By: dsch
I've received excellent advice from people on this forum (even more than one person in this thread) as well as from other dealers on the phone and in person.

I know that some dealers might be shifty but the ones I've encountered have been straightforward and I have no reason to be suspect. I wish I had the bucks to support them all, but in the end there will be only one purchase.

Thanks to all who have helped me! I wish you all continued success and I am grateful for this forum.

I have to say, though, in the end, despite the advice, the books, the research--there is no substitute for making a lot of road trips.

The ear, heart, and fingers are fickle and what we like and respond to coupled with what we can afford is really an individual thing.

Best of luck dsch,
Your last two sentences are exactly correct.

You might pick up some good ideas/suggestions here on the forums, and from books and dealers, but in the end only you can make the decision.

Keep us posted.
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
And please invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!
Coming to Maine? We're in Parsonsfield (southwest) let's get together!

#1970043 - 10/07/12 09:45 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Rusty Fortysome Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Nick Mauel

MYTH #6:
Pianoworld.com is the best source for information about purchasing a piano.

Pianoworld.com is dominated by a handful of technicians/salespeople who express their opinions as facts....

RIGHT. And wrong. It is dominated by such, but it isn't completely so. This forum is called "pianoDEALERworld.com" for a reason.

However, there are lots of "normal" folks (mere consumers/players) on here. Learn to look at the sigs and see who is whom.

Quote:
In fact many of them haven’t worked on a Steinway & Sons in years and have never played a new Boston or Essex piano. They give advice on pianos they haven’t personally heard or played.

BULL. I'd bet most have played on Bostons and Essex and found out how AWFUL they are. If someone on here isn't saying that, they are probably a dealer, paid schill, or have one of the few amazing Boston/Essex pianos ever made. I've run across a few very well-paid schills for Steinway/Kawai on the boards.

Quote:

Your thoughts?

Use your head. If that dealer is saying that, I'd ignore him. LET THE PRODUCT SPEAK FOR ITSELF. Forget all the words: this is a world of sound and touch.
"Crazy Bone Rag"
"Claire DeLune (finally)"

#1970059 - 10/07/12 10:28 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
RachOn Offline

Loc: W. Pa.
That Arizona dealer's page sure supports the notion that Steinway believes their strongest competition is from used Steinways; and he's doing whatever he can to thwart it.

#1970105 - 10/08/12 12:04 AM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
backto_study_piano Offline

Loc: Australia
Myth busted. The worst information I received was from dealers and manufacturer's agents. They were highly defensive about their product, even when presented in a lacklustre manner - which, when paying $100,000+ shouldn't happen - and even insulting to critical critique. And one dealer used the same type of dishonest tricks as a used car salesman uses.

The best information was from PianoWorld Forums.

I would add that, due to manufacturer's interference on the forum, it is essential to be sure that the comments by posters has not been watered down or edited to please such manufacturers.

#1970130 - 10/08/12 02:06 AM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
OperaTenor Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sandy Eggo, California
Myth #9

Steinway AZ is a knowledgeable, reputable, ethical, and friendly dealer.

#1970134 - 10/08/12 02:27 AM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
James Scott Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Obviously they find each one of those "myths" a threat to their business and they need to, as RachOn said, "thwart" them. I do tend to believe each one of those "myths" (for the most part), but not because I'm stupid, as they seem to imply, or willing to take substandard and biased opinions from people on this web site who don't seem to know what they're talking about, but because I've been around and done my homework. In fact, I've found the information, suggestions, and opinions here to be among the most reliable of any place I've been.

Funny thing is that I know the people running that particular shop in Phoenix. They are nice enough, if you're looking for a Steinway, but don't dare mention anything else or they go on a rampage. I know that they're trying to sell a particular brand, but there's no need to trash everybody else. I know a guy who owns a shop that sells Kawai, M&H, Schimmel, and several other brands. Mostly new, but he does carry several used items of whatever brands. It wouldn't do him very good to talk smack about Steinway because he might get a used one in the next day.

I believe that Steinway makes good instruments but they seem to have an over inflated view of their own selfworth. It's one thing to be proud of yourself but there's no reason to disparage everyone else just because you can't take the competition. In my opinion, Steinway is WAY over priced for what you get. I can get a piano that's just as good from M&H or somebody for half the price.

I was at a little after hours seminar at their store not too long ago and I went thinking that it was going to be a good seminar on technical stuff but only turned out to be a sales pitch. They did this thing where STEINWAY was an anagram for a bunch of things and "I" stood for "Investment". Meaning that a Steinway will hold it's value for ever just about. However, their number one "myth", that older Steinways are better than new ones, seems to contradict their own sales pitch. If they're not then why the heck are they nearly as expensive as a new one? Hmm? Answer me that?

#1970138 - 10/08/12 02:32 AM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
James Scott Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I did forget to mention that they tend to close up shop every two or three years and then open up 6 months later somewhere else. They've been in like 5 different locations since I've started going there about 15 years ago. I've always found that a bit odd.

#1970147 - 10/08/12 03:04 AM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: James Scott]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted By: James Scott
I did forget to mention that they tend to close up shop every two or three years and then open up 6 months later somewhere else. They've been in like 5 different locations since I've started going there about 15 years ago. I've always found that a bit odd.

James - My understanding is that Sherman Clay chose not to renew their five year lease for the showroom at the corner of Scottsdale Road and Acoma partially because the space was too large (expensive), the recession was in full swing, and they were having problems keeping managers. A few months later a new manager took over who opened a smaller store nearby while the current location in the same strip mall could be secured and renovated. The current and two previous locations were affiliated with Sherman Clay. I could be wrong, but I believe the other Scottsdale Road location from 15 years ago wasn't connected to Sherman Clay. My point is the the "they" you refer to weren't the same people over the years - so there is really nothing "odd" about it.

#1970149 - 10/08/12 03:07 AM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: James Scott]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted By: James Scott
Funny thing is that I know the people running that particular shop in Phoenix. They are nice enough, if you're looking for a Steinway, but don't dare mention anything else or they go on a rampage. I know that they're trying to sell a particular brand, but there's no need to trash everybody else. I know a guy who owns a shop that sells Kawai, M&H, Schimmel, and several other brands. Mostly new, but he does carry several used items of whatever brands. It wouldn't do him very good to talk smack about Steinway because he might get a used one in the next day.

Small world - I know all those folks too !! grin

Edited by carey (10/08/12 03:09 AM)

#1970155 - 10/08/12 03:38 AM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
wouter79 Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
These so-called experts apparently aren’t in such demand in their local market so they have enough time on their hands to make tens of thousands of posts. Many of these posts or advice reports are by people who don’t even exist—-they are fictitious.

"people that do not exist", this is a Contradictio in terminis since people always exist? Maybe he is trying to say that there are posters that use other than their real names. But that's nothing new, right?

Quote:
Pianoworld.com is dominated by a handful of technicians/salespeople who express their opinions as facts

False for two reasons: There are plenty of dominant non-techs/salespeople here.

I guess he is entirely focused on steinway-related posts and ignores the rest of the world.

I believe the advice you get here is more objective and nuanced than the advice from this Steinway dealer.

Edited by wouter79 (10/08/12 03:38 AM)

#1970168 - 10/08/12 05:21 AM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Ken Knapp Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
This sounds similar to statements discussed in THIS TOPIC.

Piano Organ Depot
http://www.pianoorgandepot.com
Hammond Organ Technician
http://www.tonewheeltech.com
Vice President - MITA, International
http://www.mitatechs.org
http://www.facebook.com/MITATechs

#1970236 - 10/08/12 09:44 AM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
TheSockPuppet Offline

What is a "Yamaha Products Manager?" Sound an awful lot like piano salesman to me.

#1970243 - 10/08/12 10:05 AM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: thesockpuppet
What is a "Yamaha Products Manager?" Sound an awful lot like piano salesman to me.

Okay, sock… your comment is a sarcastic jab at Ken Knapp. You are treading on thin ice here… you haven’t been around much lately, but you come in here and attempt to discredit Ken in some way. Well, as we say here in the south, it ain’t gonna work…

Yes, Ken works in the piano/organ business… so what? I know of no one on this forum, or in real life who has more character and integrity than Ken Knapp…

Rick

#1970289 - 10/08/12 12:03 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Chopinlover49 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NY and NC
This is a strange, unsettling, thread. I guess I am not a real person according to the first post? I am not a tech, tuner, piano manufacturer, store owner, salesman, or whatever. Just a piano addict and I come to this site every day because it interests me a lot. I have some experience with Steinway, the pianos, and the stores. I like the pianos a lot, but I bought a Mason-Hamlin. Why? I liked it a lot and the prices on Steinways were impossible for me. It's really that simple. The local Steinway dealer was very nice and his pianos were great. Just too much money. I had to buy a used Mason-Hamlin to get into a price range I could live with, but a similar aged Steinway would have still been way over my budget. Not sure why Steinway doesn't give a little more discount. I truly believe the Mason-Hamlin is just as well built and maybe even better. I know Steinway believes itself to be in a higher league than other pianos and I think, if you are a manufacturer with a long history of research and design patents, you are expected to feel that way, but I imagine most top tier companies feel the same way. Bechstein, Bosie, etc. must feel they are the best at what they do, too. There is room in the world for lots of different brands. The accusations that PW is not made up of real people interested in sharing piano information is ridiculous. Any site may have a few phonies, but I have learned much reading the posts here and on the technicians threads, as well as tips on performing on the other forums. I think PW is a great service to the piano community.

#1970293 - 10/08/12 12:32 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Chopinlover49]
pianoloverus Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
Originally Posted By: Chopinlover49
This is a strange, unsettling, thread. I guess I am not a real person according to the first post?
The first post quoted an article from a Steinway dealer's website. I don't think it's meant to be he the actual opinion of the person starting this thread. The majority of non dealer posters at PW don't use their real names so I wouldn't worry about not being a real person.

That being said I'm not sure about why the thread was started to begin with. I think it's obvious that most PW posters wouldn't agree with what was posted on the Steinway dealer's site. Since the thread was started by a dealer, it appears to me as if the thread is an example of one dealer starting a thread to bad mouth another dealer or company.

Edited by pianoloverus (10/08/12 12:37 PM)

#1970301 - 10/08/12 12:50 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Minnesota Marty Offline

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014

Loc: Rochester MN
CL49,

Do you realize that the first posting, from Nick Mauel, was a quote from a Steinway dealership putting all of us at Piano World down? It was nothing more than truly embarrassing verbage from a dealer with a bad case of sour grapes. Obviously this site carries some weight, and notice, within the piano industry or that particular dealership wouldn't feel so compelled to lash out.

As a very proud owner of three Steinways, I do observe however, that "Steinway bashing" seems to be very much in fashion in this particular forum.

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.

#1970302 - 10/08/12 12:52 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Minnesota Marty Offline

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014

Loc: Rochester MN
PLU - Seems we were typing at the same time.

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.

#1970317 - 10/08/12 01:27 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Minnesota Marty]
Steve Chandler Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Urbandale, Iowa
Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty

As a very proud owner of three Steinways, I do observe however, that "Steinway bashing" seems to be very much in fashion in this particular forum.

Steinway as a company makes fine instruments and has much to be proud of. Where Steinway goes nuts is when it comes to their competition. When Steinway dismisses some of the oldest most respected brands in the world they lose credibility. For non-musicians that's okay, they know the Steinway name and nothing else. That's a testament to Steinway's marketing prowess. However, when pianists play other instruments they realize there're many fine brands out there and ultimately the bad mouthing reflects badly on the company that seems to do it the most, Steinway.

In this case all the Arizona Steinway dealer has accomplished is to advertise the Piano World site on his own web page. Anyone coming here from that site reading this thread would realize the folly of those words. I don't understand why some business people do that. In general I believe there's a lot of respect for Steinway here, after all they do make a great piano (just not always). What that dealer refers to as bashing is just observations of reality. Has Steinway addressed their QC problems from a few years ago? I believe so, but anyone shopping and playing instruments will realize that there are brands that offer far better value, but they're not Steinways.

#1970334 - 10/08/12 02:13 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
Dave B Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia area
Marty, I think the forum reflects the same opinion of Steinway as I hold personally. Steinway is a wonderful piano. Especially the model "D". Problems arise with their marketing tactics and with postings like the perfect example presented at the start of this thread.

As a regular visitor to Piano World, I find the statement offensive and feel it should be removed.

#1970335 - 10/08/12 02:18 PM Re: How Good is the Advice From PianoWorld Members? [Re: Nick Mauel]
woodog Offline

Loc: Bowling Green, KY
How good is the advice from PianoWorld members?

I get all my medical advice here. They are GREAT.

Forrest
Bach 848, 866
Schumann Op. 15

#1970358 - 10/08/12 03:30 PM Hey Steinway dealer [Re: Nick Mauel]
Guapo Gabacho Offline

Loc: Rio Grande Valley of Texas
A few people disagree with you:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
93 registered (AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, 26 invisible), 1074 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157226 Topics
2309219 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
P155 or FA-08
by Yussnan84
51 minutes 24 seconds ago
Blac
by Aviram
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
Blackbird - Piano Cover - The Beatles
by Aviram
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Kawai CA95 Recordings
by wolferblade
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
soviet upright piano "LIRICS"
by Maximillyan
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission