Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1972609 - 10/13/12 04:39 AM any experience with "Piano Scores Unlimited"?
Marco M Offline

Loc: Europe
Does anybody own the sheet collection on CD called "Piano Scores Unlimited" from 'http://www.emediamusic.com/pianoscores.html' and could share his/her experience?
- Are the ratings (for beginner, for intermediate, ...) well done?
- Are the fingering suggestions well done?
- Are printed out sheets well readable?
- Are the sheet transcriptions muscially coming close to the quality of transcriptions in typical printed sheet book editions from a music book shop?

Any warnings, why it wouldn´t be worth to spend the money on it?
before playing Drums in adults bluesband on handpicked set; before crashing E-Guitar in kids garage band; raised on home entertainment Organ and Keyboard models Eminent Solina P240, Farfisa Maharani 259R, Technics KN800, and on Mouth Organ, Recorder and Accordion

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#1972831 - 10/13/12 04:10 PM Re: any experience with "Piano Scores Unlimited"? [Re: Marco M]
ChopinAddict Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Land of the never-ending music
Sorry, I don't know. I use IMSLP. It's free! smile

Music is my best friend.

#1973014 - 10/14/12 04:24 AM Re: any experience with "Piano Scores Unlimited"? [Re: Marco M]
slipperykeys Offline

Loc: Dorset, England
All the classics are now out of copyright so are freely available to download from the internet.

#1973027 - 10/14/12 05:35 AM Re: any experience with "Piano Scores Unlimited"? [Re: Marco M]
MonkeyMark Offline

Loc: UK
Yes, save your self the money.

I went for a little look around yesterday and found plenty. All it cost was some time.

Alfred's self teaching - Book 1
Started Mid September 2012
End Sept - Page 39
End Oct - Page ??

#1973464 - 10/15/12 06:03 AM Re: any experience with "Piano Scores Unlimited"? [Re: Marco M]
Marco M Offline

Thanks a lot so far for your responses!

I see the advantage of the product in the provided ranking of the pieces according to player levels. I can browse i.e. all easy level ranked pieces and by one mouse click right away watch the sheet and listen to the corresponding MIDI file. This is a great help when searching for new repertoire.
The IMSLP is a great source, but I didn´t find any option to browse piano pieces based on a player level, and I neither found such ranked list elsewhere by now, and therefore prepared myself to spend money for it.

Would you know any other catalogue, which nicely ranks/lists pieces according to levels? I then could start from that list and search in free sources like Youtube, IMSLP, etc., for more details.
before playing Drums in adults bluesband on handpicked set; before crashing E-Guitar in kids garage band; raised on home entertainment Organ and Keyboard models Eminent Solina P240, Farfisa Maharani 259R, Technics KN800, and on Mouth Organ, Recorder and Accordion

#1973479 - 10/15/12 07:42 AM Re: any experience with "Piano Scores Unlimited"? [Re: Marco M]
MonkeyMark Offline

Loc: UK
Although they may not be graded, another source of sheet music would be www.pianosheets.org, though you would need to find someone to give you an invite (members only) which is what I'm still looking for.

Alfred's self teaching - Book 1
Started Mid September 2012
End Sept - Page 39
End Oct - Page ??

#1973614 - 10/15/12 02:03 PM Re: any experience with "Piano Scores Unlimited"? [Re: Marco M]
slipperykeys Offline

Loc: Dorset, England
Maybe the options available would make the investment worthwhile to you.

I wonder, though, how they would grade Smetana's fabulous, "Vlatava", which starts out as about Grade 2 (LRAM) and gets progressively more difficult, as is the case with many pieces (Fur Elise, Claire De Lune and the Moonlight Sonata being other examples).

By the way, "Pianist", a British magazine published every 2 months, always grade their pieces.

#1973928 - 10/16/12 03:57 AM Re: any experience with "Piano Scores Unlimited"? [Re: slipperykeys]
Marco M Offline

Yes, categorizing items usually can´t find everybody’s agreement on the categorization, often not even satisfying completely the author of categorization itself. That´s why the searched list would be of especially high usability, if coming with annotations.

Anyone around who even could recommend an annotated ranking list?

#1973939 - 10/16/12 05:51 AM Re: any experience with "Piano Scores Unlimited"? [Re: Marco M]
Marco M Offline

Nobody seems to have experience with the product, I originally asked for comments on.
Instead, I received very helpful recommendations, which linked me to the alternative answer to find such ranking list for instance in the published syllabus of music school associations, and then to search on for sheets for instance in the IMSLP.

And Finally, I also found good information in various pianoworld threads of the past, using the google search function of the forum and searching for “ranked list of pieces”.
Thanks to everybody! Case can be closed now.

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
178 registered (accordeur, ajames, 36251, Allard, 51 invisible), 1853 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157246 Topics
2309565 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25)
by Northerner
09/02/14 04:50 PM
Kawai MP11 firmware v1.07
by DilEcosse
09/02/14 04:24 PM
all BBCode tags are broken
by beet31425
09/02/14 03:13 PM
Write melody contrapuntally
by kobethuy
09/02/14 03:03 PM
Yamaha N2 or CLP545
by Butteman
09/02/14 02:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission