2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,131 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
F
F
@ladypayne Wow, i love those minor chords you play

@Amaruk very enjoyable piece, you got perfect tempo, did you use a metronome?

@Mark... your piece sound so natural i like that, something remember me to Candy Candy series

@Inlanding you have no idea how i love that kind of music, i enjoy hearing those jazz chords perfectly fit it with percussion and bass.

@Greener i almost fall asleep with your piece >_< very relaxing music, i have to learn how to play those tricky chors too.

@BillM Very nice playing, i hope someday learn to sing like you, im very off-key to sing

F
F

Here my contribution for this month, it is a very easy piece from Brayam Adams Wherever you go

it's not too long but i put a lot of effort to played as clean as possible, i hope you like it

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Rickster, what a thrill to not only play for an audience but with family too.

Falmc, nice playing, I really like that song. Did you play by ear or from a sheet.

Hi everyone, it's been a wee while since I contributed something to the bar. It's nice to see that even on day 1 there are already two pages worth of contributions from the regulars and a few new members since I was last here. I'll get around to leaving comments a bit later but here's something I worked up earlier. It's one of my favourite David Nevue pieces.

David Nevue - No More Tears

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Falmc
A classic! Yes, you play it very well!! I like how you show the keys on top too. Is that automated thru MIDI?

IIRC, this piece was actually written and recorded by Richard Marx and it has the title "Right Here Waiting". smile

Cgyan
This is a new piece to me. Great performance on a great piece indeed!! I can see how it is your favorite as you play it so gently. Thanks for sharing!!!

Last edited by Amaruk; 10/01/12 06:51 PM.

My piano channel on YouTube: Link
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
Thank you for your kind words on my simple little improvisation. Time permitting, I'll work on putting together something more substantial.

BillM~ I really like this ballad. Your accompaniment is spectacular. You seem to get better and better with each piece you play.

Rick~ Fun video. Great to see you jamming with your sons - you were really having a ball on stage. What a great thing that is. That wedding must have been so enjoyable for everyone.

Falmc~ Good work on, Wherever You Go. It's great to see how you are connecting with the music as you play. This is really fine.

Cygan~ How great to see you back at the Piano Bar! I hope all is well with you. Such a wonderfully played piece and it is clear you are putting yourself into expressing this music. Superb, for sure!

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
F
F
Thanks for the feedback!

@Mark... I played by ear, sound funny but i dont even know how to read a piano sheet music but now a learning because is really important

@Amaruk the keyboard you see at the top is systhesia, i joined my original video together to get that effect.

Last edited by Falmc; 10/02/12 10:04 AM.
O.K., here's my submission. Sorry it took so long, but I am on dial up, and it literally took all night to upload the video to youtube.
I also apologize for the video quality, but I need to get a better webcam. The audio is fine, as it was a direct feed to the soundcard.

Mike
Casio Privia PX 120

The only thing nescessary for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing.
[Linked Image]
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
I didn't contribute last month (or the last two months was it?) because I was going to practice developing some new skills. Well, I've been playing a lot, because I don't really practice in the formal sense but not really developing - a bit of a plateau. But I was working on this Jackson Browne song all day (hours and hours) yesterday(a public holiday here)but I couldn't work out what it was he was doing most of the time so I used some of his chords and some of my own chord arrangement - which I'm quite pleased with. Although the recording (with mistakes) is a little rough - I'll have to get one of those Zoom thingies (are they good?)

EDIT I went out and bought a Zoom H1 this morning and just gave it a try. Much better than my cheapo phone/camera. So I'm going to do this one again (and probably redo my others too.

deleted link

I suppose it's a bit of a mournful song but I've always liked it and these days the lines

"Sometimes I lie awake at night and wonder where the years have gone. They have all passed under sleep's dark and silent gate"

are particularly poignant (which is why I changed the words in the preceding line).

Last edited by Newman; 10/02/12 10:30 PM. Reason: going to repost

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Falmc - you got this just right. This lovely melody works very well as an instrumental and you were able to capture the emotion of the song quite well.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Cgyan - I always enjoy your music - you play beautifully and with great expression. You have a wonderful feel for this piece and it shows in your performance.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Pianonewb - you play with power and soul - a good combination for this style of music. I liked it very much.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Newman - love the Jackson Browne cover - your voice and piano style are perfect for this one.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Cgyan-Such great dynamics and flow. You always have a professional feel to your recordings and playing No red dot problems for you...Excellent...

pianonewb-love the blues stuff...sound quality was very good...was that ad libbing?

Way to go Newman! Think Jerry Seinfeld... I've seen Jackson many times live and love his stuff...well done.

Bill, Mark, thanks. Mark, it's basically my own arrangement.
Most hymnals are written fairly simply, so that those of various talents have a good chance of being able to play them in worship. I think they could use some help.
They are also not written in any discernable style, IMHO.
I like the bluesy, kind of old timey gospel sound, and that's sort of what I'm trying to develop, but with my own unique sound/style. I've got a long way to go, but it's very rewarding and tons of fun!

Mike
Casio Privia PX 120

[Linked Image]
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
pianoewb~ love that original boogie, blues swinging, hymn! What a great show. Look forward to more of your music.

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
Newman~ A very timely choice for this piano bar! Such a familiar statement lately. I could not agree more. Such a great delivery start-to-finish!

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
I got a Zoom H1 today and re-recorded Sleep's Dark and Silent Gate. After more than 20 flubs I got through it eventually. Although I almost come unstuck at 1:20 and hesitate both fingers and voice. But the H1 is looking very promising. I just need to work on positioning and levels to get a reasonable mix at capture and work out how best to use the wavelabs software that came with it.

Sleep's Dark and Silent Gate (Jackson Browne)

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Falmc - nice job.
Cgyan - Lovely. I wish I knew how to play like that - to get that sound like water.

Thanks, inlanding, Bill.

Thanks Mark (you might find it hard to believe but I've never seen Seinfeld). I saw Jackson Browne myself around 77 on the tour in support of The Pretender.

Amaruk, loved your piece. Such a flowing, melancholy sound. The video effects were cool as well.
Mark, nice playing. I confess I don't listen to much classical, but the piece is familiar to me. Enjoyed it very much, but would like to have heard more.
Kenjazz, as mentioned, a very "atmospheric" sound. A question, if I may? What type of piano is used here? I ask because to me it really sounds a lot like an old Rhodes electric piano in many ways. a neat sound.
Inlanding, very clean playing, and, as with Ladypayne's piece, I wish I could improv that well.

Mike
Casio Privia PX 120

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission